Andrew Kinsman, 49, Toronto, 26 June 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/arrest-missing-men-1.4493205
Family, friends find closure
Andrew Kinsman's sister Patricia told CBC Toronto that police called her just a few hours before Thursday's news conference to tell her that they believed they had found her brother's killer.
"All I could keep saying was 'oh my God, oh my God and thank you, you've done your job,'" she said.

Kinsman said that her family had slowly come to grips with the thought that Andrew had died in the months since he disappeared.
"Even on Dec. 9, my sister Karen and I were still searching ... just at that point we knew we were looking for a body. But you always have that .5 per cent hope that he's going to come back," she said.

She said she was still in shock from the news, but hopes that "this will give us a little bit of closure."

Nicole Borthwick, a friend of Kinsman's who volunteered with him at a food bank and later helped organize searches for him, said her initial reaction was to be "very relieved" but that "complete closure" won't come until his body is found.

Here's just a few..

Skandaraj Navaratanam missing Sept 2010
Majeed (Hamid)Kayhan missing Oct 2012
Abdulbasir (Basir) Faizi missing Dec 2010
Aman Abdela missing May 2014
Chase Kinkaid missing Aug 2017
Eugene Kim missing Oct 2017
Selim Esen missing Apr 2017
Frank Wang missing May 2017
Alloura Wells missing July 2017-found dead
Zamil Ali missing November 2017
Jordan Russell missing Jan 2018

I looked at missing men in Toronto just in the last year in the downtown core and found some others not included in the above:
Francis Doyle
Eric Ram
Isaiah Silva Fonseca
Sayed Ahmed Abidy
Troy Mussington
James Gare
Odean McFarlane
David Cronkwright
Jacques Vermeiren
Daniel Pressello
Edward Edmond Harding
Aron Seal

That's an awful lot of men missing from the downtown core in one year!

I looked at missing men in Toronto just in the last year in the downtown core and found some others not included in the above:
Francis Doyle
Eric Ram
Isaiah Silva Fonseca
Sayed Ahmed Abidy
Troy Mussington
James Gare
Odean McFarlane
David Cronkwright
Jacques Vermeiren
Daniel Pressello
Edward Edmond Harding
Aron Seal

That's an awful lot of men missing from the downtown core in one year!
Wow eriluo that is a sobering list.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

A 66 year old serial killer who does mall Santa every Christmas and did the icebucket challenge? If convicted, criminal profilers are going to have to invent a new category, I think.
At first glance, I'd certainly agree. I felt stumped.

But after giving it more thought, I'm sure profilers have a category for this guy. He likely came up with what he thought was the perfect way to repeatedly get away with murder, and feed his urge. Then every other day of the week lead his ordinary life, being an ordinary guy.

This isn't the first time society has been blindsided by a killer. They often hide in plain sight, and fool those around them.

At first glance, I'd certainly agree. I felt stumped.

But after giving it more thought, I'm sure profilers have a category for this guy. He likely came up with what he thought was the perfect way to repeatedly get away with murder, and feed his urge. Then every other day of the week lead his ordinary life, being an ordinary guy.

This isn't the first time society has been blindsided by a killer. They often hide in plain sight, and fool those around them.

Is anyone else thinking John Wayne Gacy? Older victims, but character and public image of McArthur seem similar.

Very sad, especially because the streets of T.O. used to be safe say 15+ years ago!
I would say it's still safe. It's SAFER now with BM behind bars.. but it's still safe considering some other places have incredibly high murder rates (ie. Chicago)

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Bruce McArthur will be appearing in court this morning. CP24

Police continued their investigation last night at 95 Thorncliff Park, a 40-storey residential building where McArthur had an apartment. They were also at a location near Madoc — 220 kilometres northeast of Toronto — where there are farms, cottages, homes and even a landfill.

http://torontosun.com/news/local-ne...s-arrest-made-in-gay-village-missing-men-case

Police were at the Madoc property last night with floodlights. CP24 showed footage of LE at the metal gate to his property.

I would say it's still safe. It's SAFER now with BM behind bars.. but it's still safe considering some other places have incredibly high murder rates (ie. Chicago)

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Very true! As someone from Northern Ontario, who studied, lived and worked in Toronto for many years, I had no qualms about going downtown and did so often. I guess I would still, if I lived there, but just makes you pause for thought!

Another point to note, McArthur's apartment was in Thorncliffe Park, which is a predominately muslim area. Since he seemed to be attracted to the middle eastern, south asian type, there may be missing men from that part of the city who probably didn't venture down to Church & Wellesley because of the social taboos associated with homosexuality and that religion.

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/...t-in-church-and-wellesley-disappearances.html
At Woody’s, a Church St. Bar, longtime bartender and manager Cameron Rennie poured an older gentleman a glass of wine, before expressing some surprise that the man who stands accused of these crimes was a member of the community.

“I was taken aback because I didn’t think it would be someone that we all knew,” he said, adding that he remembers serving McArthur in the past and has seen him around the neighbourhood, though not for at least a year.

Joseph Khaiata, a bartender at the Black Eagle bar on Church St., said McArthur used to spend time at the Black Eagle, though he didn’t know him by name.

“He was just a typical Joe person, that’s what shocked me when I saw the picture, just like, oh my god, this person just blended in,” he said.

“When you picture somebody doing something like that, that’s not what I would have pictured. I thought it was going to be a homophobe redneck from somewhere.”

http://nationalpost.com/news/toront...men-in-lgbtq-community-believe-he-killed-more
Church St.
bg.jpg

McArthur lives in a high-rise building in Thorncliffe Park, according to two neighbours.

Chantal Smith said she’d often small-talk with him on the way up to her apartment on the elevator. He loved cooking, she said, and would often be seen carrying several trays of freshly-baked muffins.

Another neighbour described McArthur as being “super creepy” every time he rode the elevator with him because he would often stare at him for too long without looking away. The neighbour said McArthur had a boyfriend who was always with him.
15267796_10154189330693528_3900810531768579684_n.jpg
Bruce McArthur worked as a mall Santa. Facebook

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper