Andrew Kinsman, 49, Toronto, 26 June 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hard to believe that Andrew has not been found yet.
Where could he have possibly gone after he was last seen early afternoon at Winchester and Parliament Streets, on Monday the 26th?!

Why do they say because of the things he let go? What does that mean? What did he "let go?"

Why do they say because of the things he let go? What does that mean? What did he "let go?"
I agree. Are they talking about his cat?

What is the exact time of his last sighting? Did his phone turn off after that? Is there even a corroborating witness to the last sighting?

I agree with others - there must be video of this man. If he didn't choose to leave his structured life (I hope he did? ) then something nefarious happened to him.

Has anyone checked homeless shelters etc.? Maybe he had some crazy mental lapse. Have hospitals been checked for any unidentified patients?

Grasping here.

Just a thought, but wondering if the Toronto Islands have been searched, perhaps Hanlan's Point and surrounding area?
speculation, imo.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlan%27s_Point_Beach
As is common for most public nudist-friendly venues, males make up a large percentage of the users of the beach, but women can make up to one quarter of the total on popular weekends. Recent years continue to see an increase in the number of families who attend. The beach is a popular destination for the city's gay community.[SUP][4][/SUP]

This beach is the regular site of day trips by several local nudist organizations. It is the second officially recognized clothing-optional beach in Canada and the only one created by a municipal bylaw.[SUP][5][/SUP]
Despite its proximity to Toronto Harbour, the beach can boast extremely good water quality since it faces southwest and away from the mainland. Water quality is monitored daily (on weekdays) during the summer and meets a Blue Flag standard set by the Foundation for Environmental Education.
The section of the beach closest to the city centre airport (YTZ) is also becoming a very popular spot for kiteboarding.

Good point. That area has been closed since the spring due to flooding and is still closed.

"The things he let go" is an odd phrasing but I take it to gesture to his work as super of the building, work commitments, care of his cat. One of the immediate indications that our super and good friend was missing was that the garbage hadn't been put on the curb for the first time in seven years. No camera on building.

We would prefer not to publish the number of the building for obvious reasons. Thank you respecting the privacy of his neighbours.

Last sighting mid-afternoon Monday June 26. We checked homeless shelters through all of the GTA and Hamilton within the first week, worried he might have been injured or drugged. He's mentally very stable but a traumatic injury or being given drugs was a worry.

We are searching, every day. He's a remarkable person, irreplaceable in his communities, and so well loved.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...-cases-of-missing-men-councillor-reports.html
July 2017
By Ainslie Cruickshank
[h=1]Toronto police say there is no evidence to link cases of missing men, councillor reports[/h]Councillor Kristyn Wong-Tam says police will issue a statement next week in response to heightened concerns.
attachment.php

Toronto Police are expected to respond next week to growing concerns about the number of men reported missing from the Church and Wellesley neighbourhood and surrounding areas in recent months and years.

Police told City Councillor Kristyn Wong-Tam Monday that, while there may be some similarities, they have found no evidence linking the cases, following a conference that brought together investigators looking into various missing persons, said Wong-Tam, who represents Ward 27 (Toronto Centre-Rosedale).
“They don’t want people to be alarmed. They do understand why individuals are perhaps feeling anxious,” she said.
Concerns about missing men have grown since Andrew Kinsman disappeared last month. Kinsman, 49, was last seen on June 26 in the area of Parliament and Winchester Sts. and police are treating his disappearance as suspicious.

“I do understand why the community, especially the online community that’s watching the social media activity at the moment, is feeling more anxious than usual; it does look alarming,” said Wong-Tam.
“There are all sorts of reasons for us to be vigilant, because, we, as a community, have been targeted in the past,” she said, adding that homophobic and transphobic violence happens everyday.

Attachments

• andrew-kinsman.jpg
    andrew-kinsman.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 252
There is a Community Town Hall public meeting to discuss growing concerns about Toronto's missing 2LGBTQA individuals, Tuesday, August 1/17 at 519 Church St. 2nd Floor, Toronto. More info here.

http://www.cp24.com/news/task-force...of-two-men-with-ties-to-gay-village-1.3522839
Task force set up to investigate disapperance of two men with ties to gay village
image.jpg
Selim Esen (left) and Andrew Kinsman (right) are shown in these handout photos. Police have set up a task force to investigate the separate disappearance of the two Toronto men. (Toronto Police Service)
Toronto police have assigned a dedicated team of officers to investigate the disappearance of two men with ties to the Church and Wellesley streets neighbourhood.

The task force will focus on the disappearance of 44-year-old Selim Esen and 49-year-old Andrew Kinsman.
Esen was last seen on April 14 near Bloor and Yonge streets.
Kinsman disappeared on June 26, just two months later.
There has been some suggestion, within the Church/Wellesley community, that the disappearances of Andrew Kinsman and Selim Esen are linked as well as with three other men reported missing from the same area from 2010 to 2012,” Toronto police wrote in a news release Friday. “Detailed investigation and evidence obtained, thus far, in the course of both investigations, has not confirmed a link although, as part of the police investigation, this is being considered.”

Started new thread for Selim Esen, will share some links from this thread there too.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Toronto-14-April-2017&p=13529740#post13529740

Andrew is missing from my neck of the woods- I've been happy to see the number of flyers I pass on my way to and from work. Hoping the right person sees one. And of course I'm always keeping an eye out for him.

https://www.therecord.com/news-stor...two-men-suggest-they-may-be-linked-to-others/
Jul 28, 2017 08:21 by Michelle McQuigge
The team's mandate is currently concentrated on two recent cases, which were reported earlier this year, but a police spokesperson said new evidence could lead the force to reopen past investigations into three similar instances of missing men dating as far back as seven years.

Meaghan Gray said a review of the first three disappearances, which took place between 2010 and 2012, did not establish a connection with the two most recent situations.

Now that more resources are being dedicated to the 2017 disappearances of Selim Esen and Andrew Kinsman, however, she said that could change.

"By this afternoon we could have new evidence that comes forward that would make that connection," Gray said. "It's never being ruled out as a possibility
While police do not currently have evidence to suggest the cases of all five men are related, Gray conceded that members of the LGBTQ community are concerned and pushing for answers.

Greg Downer, who was personally acquainted with Kinsman, agreed.

He said members of the LGBTQ community are at an elevated risk of falling through the cracks, as they are more likely to be isolated from family or friends who may be uncomfortable with their sexual orientation or identity.

But he said the recent disappearances have highlighted the fact that if there is a predator at work, anyone can be at risk.

"He's big and strong, but he's also intelligent," Downer said of Kinsman. "He's street smart. So that's one of the hard things that's been bothering me, is how could somebody like that get into a situation when they couldn't defend themselves or get away."
rbbm.

Oh I believe there is a connection. Someone better find out what or who it is and FAST.

Oh I believe there is a connection. Someone better find out what or who it is and FAST.
I totally agree.

I'm thankful they are looking at the cold cases in a new light.

What was the deal with that city counselor trying to quash the idea and suggesting she was going to get LE to let everyone know they weren't related?

Something is very wrong.

This case may have absolutely nothing to do with Andrew's disappearance, but, sillybilly just posted a most intriguing link concerning the murder of a gay man in Vancouver.
Through dna a " snapshot " of what the perp in that case may look like has been released. Seems to be a good looking guy, imo. one might see how he could attract and be trusted.
SPECULATION, FWIW, imo.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?263312-Canada-Edgar-Leonardo-36-Vancouver-23-Aug-2003&p=13532221#post13532221
http://vancouversun.com/news/crime/vancouver-police-hope-new-technology-will-lead-to-arrest-in-2003-murder

Attachments

• poster-for-vpd-bc-2003-218969-snapshot-pdf.jpg
    poster-for-vpd-bc-2003-218969-snapshot-pdf.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 216
This case may have absolutely nothing to do with Andrew's disappearance, but, sillybilly just posted a most intriguing link concerning the murder of a gay man in Vancouver.
Through dna a " snapshot " of what the perp in that case may look like has been released. Seems to be a good looking guy, imo. one might see how he could attract and be trusted.
SPECULATION, FWIW, imo.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?263312-Canada-Edgar-Leonardo-36-Vancouver-23-Aug-2003&p=13532221#post13532221
http://vancouversun.com/news/crime/vancouver-police-hope-new-technology-will-lead-to-arrest-in-2003-murder

Great linkage, Dotr. Worth exploring for sure. Thanks for posting!

Police looking at connections between two missing men and the possibility that they are connected.

"Andrew Kinsman, 49, and Selim Esen, 44, went missing in June and April, respectively.

A group of officers are now being assigned to investigate the disappearances full-time, said Toronto Police Service spokesperson Meaghan Gray. "

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/church-wellesley-disappearances-1.4225704

LGBT community hopes for answers from police team tasked with finding missing men

Andrew Kinsman, 49, and Selim Esen, 44, were both known to hang out in the Church and Wellesley area and were both active on internet dating apps, according to police.

Their disappearances — Kinsman's at the end of June, and Esen's in April — have set off waves of concern in the community and have led to speculation that the incidents may be connected to past unsolved missing-persons cases.

On Tuesday evening, a meeting at the 519 Community Centre, located at 519 Church St., will give the public a chance to question members of the recently announced team of police officers who are investigating the disappearances full time.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/kinsman-esen-missing-men-1.4229509

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jewels2U