Andrew Kinsman, 49, Toronto, 26 June 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tnxs. Eactly what i was wondering about.
I am assuming the detective office is relying heavily on these apps, to filter, who what when??
I think well organized dating sites are great for some, disasterous for others, but if used cautiously, and safely, can be entertaing. Its killers like BM who can evoke terror.
Hopefully the TPS is scrutinizing these apps for BM fetishes, and cross matching them for potential innocents of BM ‘s. I really believe there may be more than one killer.Stay safe, keep watching, and keep the pressure on TPS, and Mayor to get involved more with the Community.

The mayor does not care for anything but his huge self serving agenda i e the King Street streetcar project.

And the TPS needs to take a refresher course on policing i e how to solve a crime.

If BM buried anyone that close to the house in the back yard, I'll be shocked.

I’m going apologize in advance for this horrific thought that I’ve had for a while.

He may not have buried bodies intact.

I’m going apologize in advance for this horrific thought that I’ve had for a while.

That same thought occurred to me early on. I've also wondered if BS owned or had access to a wood chipper. :(

That same thought occurred to me early on. I've also wondered if BS owned or had access to a wood chipper. :(

A chipper can be rented from Stephensons. They rent all kinds of tools, construction equipment etc.

IIRC, there is a Stephensons in Leaside.

Many of us have thought the same thing, from the get go. Once we knew he was a landscaper, all sort of thoughts.

http://torontosun.com/news/crime/cr...group-digs-inside-the-heads-of-serial-killers
“While some might claim that police ignored these victims because of their sexual orientation or marginal status, the secrecy was more than likely a deliberate tactic designed to ensnare McArthur by allowing him to act as if no one was watching him.
Any insights into an alleged killer like McArthur?

“Most will assume that McArthur’s alleged crimes span many more years than just the latest spate of missing persons cases but it can take decades for some serial killers to convince themselves of what they are at their core and that the conditions are right to begin their campaigns. There is an internal wavering that can occur as these killers struggle with their thoughts and feelings towards others and question whether or not they have the capabilities to kill serially.”

And what about motive?
“It is too early to tell if McArthur gained any satisfaction or psychological gratification from the demise of his alleged victims or if they were killed as merely a utilitarian need to eliminate a living witness…Some serial murderers loathe themselves so deeply that they assume others view them in the same way, a type of confirmation bias more prevalent among gay serial killers and one that can incite high levels of rage.”

"...the secrecy was more than likely a deliberate tactic designed to ensnare McArthur by allowing him to act as if no one was watching him."

While I agree that LE likely sometimes do this, it was probably only the case here from October 2017 onward, when they were looking into BM. Likely not the case for the last 8 years.

http://torontosun.com/news/crime/cr...group-digs-inside-the-heads-of-serial-killers

ETA: What a fascinating job this man has. Interesting stuff!

"...the secrecy was more than likely a deliberate tactic designed to ensnare McArthur by allowing him to act as if no one was watching him."

While I agree that LE likely sometimes do this, it was probably only the case here from October 2017 onward, when they were looking into BM. Likely not the case for the last 8 years.

ETA: What a fascinating job this man has. Interesting stuff!

This is precisely the let-down. They botched Project Houston and failed the victims.

Shouldn't we have a BM thread? Very sadly, Andrew now seems to be only one of potentially many victims.

We need a forum.

I’ve made a request to the mods/admin for a forum. These are the links I have that I think should be there, please add if I’ve missed any:

(quoting myself) At the moment we seem to be using Andrew Kinsman’s thread as a general one for discussion, but there’s a distinct possibility they all may be related.

Links established between McArthur and 4/5 missing/deceased men:
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...medium=twitter

Websleuth threads:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Arrest*/page60

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-14-April-2017

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...hood-2010-2012

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ON-5-Sept-2010

Many of us have thought the same thing, from the get go. Once we knew he was a landscaper, all sort of thoughts.

I realize I’m not alone with that thought. I didn’t even think of a wood chipper :(.

Wonder if there were new sewers or pipes laid in the last couple of years? Maybe they think some body parts are under the roadway?

Not terribly on topic, but: Dennis Nilsen. Infamous UK serial killer who targeted gay and/or homeless men was eventually caught because of a blocked sewer/drainage pipe...

Warning: before you look up Nilsen, be aware that some of the details are quite horrific.

I realize I’m not alone with that thought. I didn’t even think of a wood chipper :(.

rsbm

Sadly, wood chippers are not that uncommon in the "disposal" of human remains. Jimmy Hoffa was run through a wood chipper too.

Here's another case: Concrete slab in Pennsylvania home may hold remains of long-missing woman, police say

From that article ^^^, "Sunbury Police Chief Tim Miller said earlier this month that preliminary results from tests run on the concrete showed that the slab contained wood chips — a clue that might prove the woman's body was run through a wood chipper before being entombed into concrete."

WS Thread: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?297394-PA-Barbara-Miller-30-Milton-1-July-1989

I’ve made a request to the mods/admin for a forum. These are the links I have that I think should be there, please add if I’ve missed any:

Thank you. I also requested it and sent all the names. I hope it happens.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/disappearances-lgbt-ethnic-men-1.4507235
Years before he disappeared from Toronto's Church and Wellesley neighbourhood, Abdulbasir Faizi brought up the possibility with a childhood friend while living in Iran that he might be gay.

It was a conversation his family wouldn't learn about until after the 44-year-old went missing in 2010, according to his nephew, Bobac Faizi.
"You're in the wrong place to be a homosexual," the friend recounted to Faizi's family after his disappearance. "You should try to find God or leave."

It seems that conflict would remain with Faizi, whose "nightlife" his nephew says remained hidden from his family, including his wife and children, until it was discovered he may have been corresponding with various men.

Jooyoung Lee is an associate professor of sociology at the University of Toronto and says it's not uncommon for victims from middle-class or upper-middle class neighbourhoods to get more public attention than those from marginalized communities — a phenomenon popularly known as "missing white woman syndrome," he says. And whether the lack of rapport with marginalized groups is real or perceived, it will be important for police to "go out of their way to repair any kind of tensions or strained relations" from communities who feel their concerns aren't being taken seriously.
Vijayanathan says that will be key to getting answers about just what happened to the missing men, because of the compounded homophobia they may face from within their own communities and from society at large, that may lead to them leading double lives.

^^^:goodpost:

Project Prism was a go in August of 2017. A parallel investigation, Project Houston was started in 2012, I believe, but was not as successful in finding the three men who had gone missing. IMO

Project Prism led to the arrest of BM. IMO

IMO, the missing men involved in Project Houston had compartmentalized their double lives, making it much more difficult to find them.
They had wives and children and one had a brother in Dubai. Police did all the checks that they would normally do, once they were reported missing.

Andrew Kinsman, a white man, did not let people know where he would be, when to expect him to return. All of which makes any investigation more difficult. People do have the right to privacy but if no one knows when to next hear from you.....any one of us.....it takes longer to realize that you ARE missing and harder for the police to locate you. Just saying.

^^^:goodpost:

Project Prism was a go in August of 2017. A parallel investigation, Project Houston was started in 2012, I believe, but was not as successful in finding the three men who had gone missing. IMO

Project Prism led to the arrest of BM. IMO

IMO, the missing men involved in Project Houston had compartmentalized their double lives, making it much more difficult to find them.
They had wives and children and one had a brother in Dubai. Police did all the checks that they would normally do, once they were reported missing.

Andrew Kinsman, a white man, did not let people know where he would be, when to expect him to return. All of which makes any investigation more difficult. People do have the right to privacy but if no one knows when to next hear from you.....any one of us.....it takes longer to realize that you ARE missing and harder for the police to locate you. Just saying.
All very true. However, to me, it's pretty obvious that they took Project Prism a little more seriously than they took Project Houston. I'd be interested to know what investigative actions were employed in Project Prism, that were possibly not employed in Project Houston. I'm looking forward to if and when this goes to trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily
Back