Angelina Jolie

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
eve said:
I am with you Masterj, just because a woman doesn't admire another woman doesn't make her "jealous." How on earth would we really know whether she's a good mother or not, seriously? Just because we see her toting her toddlers around the world via arranged (or not, who knows) photo ops? I have always thought true humanitarians don't seek publicity constantly over their good deeds. I know I'll probably be flamed for that, but it's how I feel. Does she ever do any humanitarian work in the U.S., where I assume she made most of her fortune? I'm not so sure Pitt will want to be out of the US forever, living the nomadic life (not that they have rough digs or anything, since they've leased an entire resort for their family of four) either.

Eve

I agree with you two. I don't particularly admire Jolie for renting an entire resort in an area where most of the population live in poverty. The one little girl in the pic is having to wear a hot long sleeve turtleneck and looking so sadly at Jolie while she wears a nice cool strappy top. I also think it is kind of bizarre to want to adopt a rainbow of children, one from each country. To me, Jolie is bizarre and always has been, especially that kiss she gave her brother. Hopefully she is a good mother though, but I doubt if she is doing any more good works than other stars are doing. I have noticed that those children of hers are never smiling in all the many pics taken of them by the press. Looks like they'd be smiling or even trying to look at each other in at least some of the pics. I wonder if she is hand picking the parents of all the kids she is going to adopt to insure that she does not get a child who is learning disabled from malnourishment or alcohol damaged during pregnancy.

eve said:
The cutlines on this photo spread are the most fawning, drooling, slavish ones I have ever seen! "Perfect gene pool, most beautiful family" yadayada. Brother, I have never seen anything like it! NO ONE is that beautiful or perfect! Or maybe I should say, lots of us are that beautiful and perfect!

Eve
I never really thought that Brad was all that or Angelina, I can see where a guy thinks she is "sexy" and brad is cute but the most beautiful in the world, ummmm, i dont think so.....JMO Now I will say he was looking good in Legends of the Fall, but that is one of my favorite movies, lol....

michelle said:
I never really thought that Brad was all that or Angelina, I can see where a guy thinks she is "sexy" and brad is cute but the most beautiful in the world, ummmm, i dont think so.....JMO Now I will say he was looking good in Legends of the Fall, but that is one of my favorite movies, lol....

I watched Legends of the Fall so many times I lost count!! :innocent: Brad was definitely looking good in that movie. I really do think Brad is very handsome.

In my opinion Angelina is beautiful--she just has it going on. She has beautiful features--eyes, bone structure, lips, teeth, hair and she has a very nice figure. I also think Angelina has a serene look about her. I like being around people that give off that vibe--they are self assured and comfortable with themselves so that makes those around them comfortable.

Masterj said:
Yes I am for real. Isn't my opinion every bit as valuable as yours? I was merely offering a differing viewpoint. I am sorry you found it so unbelievable that I don't care for the woman. The only thing that got me fired up was you accusing women who don't like another woman as being "jealous." I get that you like her, you get that I don't - end of story and certainly not worth bickering over.

I do think she is a good actress, clearly a humanitarian and probably a good mother.
what i was referring to is your need to tear apart each piece of my opinion..as if it mattered..who cares what I think???
I dont think my opinion is any more valued- I am just amazed that u would expend that much energy on soemthing so trivial in the over all grand scheme of things
who cares who likes or doesnt like angelina..I dont..I would waste time criticizing my opinion..lol

eve said:
I am with you Masterj, just because a woman doesn't admire another woman doesn't make her "jealous." How on earth would we really know whether she's a good mother or not, seriously? Just because we see her toting her toddlers around the world via arranged (or not, who knows) photo ops? I have always thought true humanitarians don't seek publicity constantly over their good deeds. I know I'll probably be flamed for that, but it's how I feel. Does she ever do any humanitarian work in the U.S., where I assume she made most of her fortune? I'm not so sure Pitt will want to be out of the US forever, living the nomadic life (not that they have rough digs or anything, since they've leased an entire resort for their family of four) either.

Eve

I agree with you, she seems to really feel the need to brag about her humanitarian efforts. Yes, it's great that she does it and brings attention to it, but IMO, it seems to serve a dual purpose. And I don't understand why she can't be more giving right here in the USA, either. Mabye because it's just not as good PR?

I've read where some people bash Jennifer Aniston for being so into her career, as if that makes it impossible for her to be a giving person at the same time. Maybe she doesn't advertise her do-gooding and does it quietly, like the way it should be. Or maybe it isn't on her radar right now, just like you never heard of it being on Brad Pitt's until he hooked up with AJ.

Jean said:
I watched Legends of the Fall so many times I lost count!! :innocent: Brad was definitely looking good in that movie. I really do think Brad is very handsome.

In my opinion Angelina is beautiful--she just has it going on. She has beautiful features--eyes, bone structure, lips, teeth, hair and she has a very nice figure. I also think Angelina has a serene look about her. I like being around people that give off that vibe--they are self assured and comfortable with themselves so that makes those around them comfortable.
It got real bad at my house around christmas time, I would watch Legends of the Fall every night when I got home from working the hospital and my DH would get up for work and he would say, " I am so freaking tired of seeing brad pitt on the tv every day before I go to work" I was on this kick, LOL......I love that movie sooooo much, such a tragedy.......But a good movie....I think I may put it on tonight now I am in the mood!!

shopper said:
I agree with you, she seems to really feel the need to brag about her humanitarian efforts. Yes, it's great that she does it and brings attention to it, but IMO, it seems to serve a dual purpose. And I don't understand why she can't be more giving right here in the USA, either. Mabye because it's just not as good PR?

I've read where some people bash Jennifer Aniston for being so into her career, as if that makes it impossible for her to be a giving person at the same time. Maybe she doesn't advertise her do-gooding and does it quietly, like the way it should be. Or maybe it isn't on her radar right now, just like you never heard of it being on Brad Pitt's until he hooked up with AJ.
I totally agree with you. AJ is a beautiful woman. So what?? Unless she has significantly changed, she is a weirdo.

I also have wondered why she isn't helping in the U.S., where there are abandoned, poor and starving children, too. I agree with you about the publicity and PR that she gets. Of course, many of the movie stars, to include Oprah, make sure that they have a camera crew following them around to praise them for their "good" deeds.

You hardly ever hear about the Bill Gateses of the world who do so much and and give so much to the needy. These are the people who give because they want to help, not because they want the publicity.

nanandjim said:
I totally agree with you. AJ is a beautiful woman. So what?? Unless she has significantly changed, she is a weirdo.

I also have wondered why she isn't helping in the U.S., where there are abandoned, poor and starving children, too. I agree with you about the publicity and PR that she gets. Of course, many of the movie stars, to include Oprah, make sure that they have a camera crew following them around to praise them for their "good" deeds.

You hardly ever hear about the Bill Gateses of the world who do so much and and give so much to the needy. These are the people who give because they want to help, not because they want the publicity.

Speaking of Oprah, while I admire her and watch her show faithfully, she's starting to get on my nerves. I never noticed her being such a show off about her do-gooding (I guess because I admired her so much) but since Hurricane Katrina, she almost has a God complex. I saw a month or so ago when she did a show on "Angel Lane", the houses built for the Katrina victims (Habitat houses, maybe?) and the people were chanting her name and she was basking in the glory. Now, aren't Habitat houses built with donated time and materials, or materials that are drastically reduced in price? Also, I know for a fact that she took donations for furnishing those houses, it was on her website, and may still be. She sure didn't point out any of these things, not that I heard. If so, then I'll apologize.

I don't think she paid for every single house and the furnishings but you'd think so, the way she was carrying on, in front of the cameras, shown on her t.v. show. Yes, she does do so much good and gives away a lot, but she likes to give the impression that those things come out of her own bank account when they are not. The Pontiac car givaway, stuff from her "favorite things" are just a few that come to mind. Don't those companies give them for the free advertising, for Oprah's midas touch?

Anyway, back on topic. I just don't understand the need for AJ to publicize her humanitarian efforts. If it's to inspire the rest of the US, then she's wasting her time. Not many people have her millions and cannot afford to privately jet off to some third world country and spend weeks there, doing whatever it is she does while she's there.

personally I think both oprah and AJ are making a big difference and u cant say that about most of us..how many houses did we build for katrina victims?? How many africans have we made education possible for..how many kids will get an education because AJ is making use of the media for her own purposes..its a good purpose..

She is smart enuf to get a donation for what the paparazzi usually steal by snapping shots and selling them to newspapers..she is at least chosing who uses her and making sure its a win/win..

Oprah isnt bragging about going to club med..AJ isnt campaigning for President etc..she is trying to make things better in the world..
If any of us were under scrutiny therre would be critics..I just dont see how persoanlly liking or disliking these people matters..they do much good- thats what matters to me.

newtv said:
personally I think both oprah and AJ are making a big difference and u cant say that about most of us..how many houses did we build for katrina victims?? How many africans have we made education possible for.. .
If I had the Millions like them, I would be doing that but unfortunatly I can barely Get my own home......

newtv said:
personally I think both oprah and AJ are making a big difference and u cant say that about most of us..how many houses did we build for katrina victims?? How many africans have we made education possible for..how many kids will get an education because AJ is making use of the media for her own purposes..its a good purpose..

She is smart enuf to get a donation for what the paparazzi usually steal by snapping shots and selling them to newspapers..she is at least chosing who uses her and making sure its a win/win..

Oprah isnt bragging about going to club med..AJ isnt campaigning for President etc..she is trying to make things better in the world..
If any of us were under scrutiny therre would be critics..I just dont see how persoanlly liking or disliking these people matters..they do much good- thats what matters to me.

Oprah didn't build those houses either, physically or monetarily. She brought attention to it and solicited for donations, money that everyday people donated, but it didn't come from her own bank account, not all of it.

No one is saying that Oprah or AJ doesn't do anything worthwhile. They just seem to demand glory and recognition for it and that is not exactly altruistic is it?, IMO.

I think anytime a celebrity uses their status to do good..... it's nice. I dont care if they got donations for all of the Katrina houses- they're THERE because Oprah got people to help. I could never have done that. I'm not a celebrity. I did donate, but I'm only one person with no celebrity status. What AJ and Oprah do with their celebrity status is commendable.

mssheila said:
I think anytime a celebrity uses their status to do good..... it's nice. I dont care if they got donations for all of the Katrina houses- they're THERE because Oprah got people to help. I could never have done that. I'm not a celebrity. I did donate, but I'm only one person with no celebrity status. What AJ and Oprah do with their celebrity status is commendable.

I don't think anyone here has said it isn't commendable.

"Sources tell “Extra” that Angelina could already be in labor. "
I wish them all well, whatever the case!

I hope she has the baby soon. I'm sure she'll allow the public to see
it sooner than the "TomKat" baby. LOL

Tristan said:
I hope she has the baby soon. I'm sure she'll allow the public to see
it sooner than the "TomKat" baby. LOL
I read on the Hollywood rag site that they have already sold the first pic to a "weekly magazine", probably People for 5 million. All proceeds will go to UNICEF.
I think it is wonderful how they use their fame and popularity to help children. To me, all the other bad choices Angie made in her life are erased by her genuine concern for those that are the smallest.

ember said:
I read on the Hollywood rag site that they have already sold the first pic to a "weekly magazine", probably People for 5 million. All proceeds will go to UNICEF.
I think it is wonderful how they use their fame and popularity to help children. To me, all the other bad choices Angie made in her life are erased by her genuine concern for those that are the smallest.

AMEN! What a terrific thing to do!!!! KUDOS to them.

Link to article about 5mil baby pic & it is People magazine that has coughed up the dough...

*Snip*

"They've signed a [$5 million] deal with a publication and the money will go to children's charity UNICEF," a "source close to the couple" tells the tab. "Angelina's very private but they figured they might as well use the opportunity of one child being born to help a lot of others." That jaw-dropping number is $1.5 million higher than the price predicted by South Africa's Sunday Times last month, when it reported that the image-savvy Jolie had indeed handed over the coveted exclusive to People, her preferred news purveyor, in exchange for a UNICEF donation.

http://entertainment.msn.com/movies/hotgossipc?GT1=7701

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d2xresearcher
Back