Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Reported Missing from Norfolk, VA - 3 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you have some tutus to make for your chihuahuas, Dex. Idle hands are the devil's workshop. ;)

Lol. Okay Mountain Kat. Welcome to the lions den. Lol.

Iam going to quote Vail right now.

"Look, I know we seem like a room full of macabre housewives sipping our sherry and sleuthing whilst sewing tutus for our chihuauas, but there are military, retired LE, PI's, laywers, scientists, law students and spouses of NSA agents here who have a lot of experience with cases like these and men like WH".

Lol. M-Kat. You have a fantastic memory. Lol.

Also I have to nominate Vail for that portion of the post. I still get the giggles when thinking about it.

Look, I know we seem like a room full of macabre housewives sipping our sherry and sleuthing whilst sewing tutus for our chihuauas, but there are military, retired LE, PI's, laywers, scientists, law students and spouses of NSA agents here who have a lot of experience with cases like these and men like WH.

That was brilliant. *wipes a tear from her eye*

Still catching up... BBM... I was under the understanding she was 15 when her name change came? And the 13 was when she and ZH had a falling out on her 13th bday. Someone (nicely please) correct me if I am thinking incorrect on that. TIA

Yes She was a young teen. Good Job.

Do we have any of AJ's own words that would confirm her feelings about every one of the adults in her life? Or any of them?

All of this is relevant to the subject of the thread if it is your belief that AJ's disappearance started with the obsession of someone in the past-either when they met her or afterwards. Friend or family, kwim? Getting a time line of major events in AJ's life may tease out some family dynamics that will help figure out whether this is a crime that started within her home. Or even in her teens.

I dont see anything ruled out yet.

Check her twitter or email Bear. I thought he was going to clarify things. Due to many shenanigans: I doubt some family members truly knew her. Jmo.

Do we have any of AJ's own words that would confirm her feelings about every one of the adults in her life? Or any of them?

All of this is relevant to the subject of the thread if it is your belief that AJ's disappearance started with the obsession of someone in the past-either when they met her or afterwards. Friend or family, kwim? Getting a time line of major events in AJ's life may tease out some family dynamics that will help figure out whether this is a crime that started within her home. Or even in her teens.

I have never heard the first thing about how AJ felt about any of her "parents". For me personally, I wouldn't presume to guess how AJ felt about anything or anyone. But honestly, that's just a personal childhood baggage thing with me. Sometimes, some kids, don't always open up about what they are feeling.

I came for the wine.

Then I stayed for AJ.

But seriously, wine stat.

"Look, I know we seem like a room full of macabre housewives sipping our sherry and sleuthing whilst sewing tutus for our chihuauas, but there are military, retired LE, PI's, laywers, scientists, law students and spouses of NSA agents here who have a lot of experience with cases like these and men like WH".

Also I have to nominate Vail for that portion of the post. I still get the giggles when thinking about it.

What memory? I just said that because I'm sitting here getting drunk and making tutus for my many many MANY cats. ;)

No bail for Wes rules out plenty for me. Jmo

Good question, let's go back there, shall we?

Sunday March 1st we know AJ was on twitter until around 10:30 at night, tweeting and retweeting whatever.

Monday March 2nd we're told she was last SEEN by her mom & sisters somewhere between 7am (both WH and Zach have said 7am) and 7:30am (the time on the actual missing person's report)

Several days AFTER she's reported missing and we're told the last actual sighting of her was Monday morning, WH comes out with the gas station story at noon-ish.

Monday March 2nd around 2:25pm sister comes home to an empty house. Texts AJ's phone and gets a reply "with friends".

Tuesday March 3rd around 5:30am JH gets "odd" texts from AJ's phone. She's not convinced it's her.

Sometime later WH chimes in he also got texts. Because, emoji.

Late afternoon/early evening March 3rd social media starts up mentioning AJ being missing with a $500 reward for info. Please call WH at his cell #

March 3rd 9:15pm missing person's report is filed.

Wednesday March 4th JH is interviewed in her home first saying it's a horrible nightmare she should be waking up from, then says "I do believe that she's safe". http://wavy.com/2015/03/04/norfolk-detectives-search-for-missing-18-year-old/

3 days later a crowd funding page is created to help fund the search for AJ.

Somewhere in there we're told 2 different neighbors saw her leave and come back and leave again between 1pm and 2pm on Monday March 2nd.

That's where we started.
I think it is a great idea to go back to the timeline of Mar 1 - Mar 3.

To add to:

Wes stated in his jailhouse interview that they didn't report her missing until the next day, because they weren't sure what to do. So WH and JH were concerned Monday, even though there were texts going back and forth with presumably AJ's phone.

JH said AJ had no plans for the day on Monday.

WH said he knew AJ needed the truck Tuesday, but he brought it to her Monday.

I thought no such thing :)

But I am also still sober.

Lol. I start AA tomorrow. Just joking. But a drunk person doesnt tell lies. So good thing I am just tipsy at the moment. Lol

All kidding aside. I think the adoption took time after they met while AJ was 13 or 14. I am sure it takes time to finalize those things. But still a good catch on the time frame that I may have left you pondering about.

A 10th grader who is focusing on their own thing; Does not pay attention to other details.

That's like a litigation lawyer throwing papers your way while you are thinking about your high school crush.

She knew herself and her siblings and I doubt she really cared about a name.

She just went along with whatever the head of the household told her to do.

I bet a Trillion Dollars that she never ever ever thought of Wes as really being her dad to those who knew her.

He was always just Wes to her. Jmo.

Bolded by me- I respectfully disagree, in a big way! Your name is your identity! To change your name from something everyone knows you by to then taking on an entirely new name in the middle of school is a VERY big deal! I had a girl in school do it because she was adopted by her step-father and it was a very difficult decision. To be known as one name and identify as that and then choose to change it completely is telling. I think she was trying to cut all ties to Zach and his name. That is my opinion.

She seems very aware and bright, not at all oblivious to life that passes her by while paying attention to other things. A judge would certainly ask her opinion on adoption at 15. She was not a baby and was nearly an adult! To be adopted at a late age is a big deal and would have consulted her. She could have written whatever she wanted on her Facebook, but she wrote Anjelica Hadsell. She called herself AJ. She like the J or would call herself AG. I find it really disrespectful to minimize someone's identity and their family situation. No one here knows why she chose the things she did, only that SHE chose them. I will not disrespect her or her memory by trying to change her reality for her. That's my opinion.

Another interesting thing, if we go back to the beginning, is the height discrepancy.

The first missing flyer (by JH or solicited by her) listed 5'1 for quite a number of weeks.

The iconic graphic with the black background and 2 photos (used by the Norfolk PD on their fb on Mar 5), lists it as 5'6.

It was widely reproduced in media, so much so that a lot of media continued for several weeks to list that as her height as media continued to perpetuate that early inaccuracy.

Zach's flyer that was asked by JH to be taken down, listed height as 5'2.

The billboards originally listed height as 5'6. It was corrected to 5'2.

The revised JH flyer, used until her remains were found, listed it as 5'2.

Bolded by me- I respectfully disagree, in a big way! Your name is your identity! To change your name from something everyone knows you by to then taking on an entirely new name in the middle of school is a VERY big deal! I had a girl in school do it because she was adopted by her step-father and it was a very difficult decision. To be known as one name and identify as that and then choose to change it completely is telling. I think she was trying to cut all ties to Zach and his name. That is my opinion.

She seems very aware and bright, not at all oblivious to life that passes her by while paying attention to other things. A judge would certainly ask her opinion on adoption at 15. She was not a baby and was nearly an adult! To be adopted at a late age is a big deal and would have consulted her. She could have written whatever she wanted on her Facebook, but she wrote Anjelica Hadsell. She called herself AJ. She like the J or would call herself AG. I find it really disrespectful to minimize someone's identity and their family situation. No one here knows why she chose the things she did, only that SHE chose them. I will not disrespect her or her memory by trying to change her reality for her. That's my opinion.

I absolutely agree. I think at age 13 most people have a pretty strong opinion about their last name, I know I did long before that. When people mistakenly called me by my stepdad's last name I always corrected them.

I'm sorry...but why does ANYONE here presume to know, or even feel they have the right to guess, what this precious girl was thinking or feeling?

My niece is an attorney so I had to ask about the adoption issue...she told me that at 14 yo, the kids basically calls the adoption shots....if the kid is 12-13, the judge will take into consideration what the kid wants. Don't know if that helps or not. And I do not have a link so we will say this is my (and my niece's) opinion. Hope that is okay.

I'm sorry...but why does ANYONE here presume to know, or even feel they have the right to guess, what this precious girl was thinking or feeling?

Exactly, so we should respect her decision to use the name Anjelica Hadsell.

Exactly, so we should respect her decision to use the name Anjelica Hadsell.

I just don't think it's something we should be speculating on at all. Her legal name was Anjelica Hadsell. That is a fact. What does it matter WHY she changed her name? She did. WE don't know why, and probably never will. And it isn't our right to know, or even try to guess. IMO.

And now...I bid you Good night, WSers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela