Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Reported Missing from Norfolk, VA - 3 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, so we should respect her decision to use the name Anjelica Hadsell.

Agree. But we also should keep in mind that the parent who you live with at that age is ultimately the deciding factor and influence of certain things.

So we should not take this adoption as 100% of something that AJ really wanted.

I think she was just a pawn in a game of Chess that ended badly for her. But she really couldn't move the pieces freely without someone telling her where to move. Jmo

My niece is an attorney so I had to ask about the adoption issue...she told me that at 14 yo, the kids basically calls the adoption shots....if the kid is 12-13, the judge will take into consideration what the kid wants. Don't know if that helps or not. And I do not have a link so we will say this is my (and my niece's) opinion. Hope that is okay.

How much does adoption cost in this type of situation? Legal and administration fees etc? I am thinking it would not have been cheap if lawyers are involved and documents needed to go through a court system. Would the family have this kind of money spare?

Am I invisible here. FlashBack Lol

Let me take off the cloak I guess. Lol

You guys/gals are crazy. Lol

Love you all.

Sorry Dexter! Lol. I will go into my corner until I manage to get my serious/analytical cap on.

But you guys are doing awesome! Go on without me!

To all the people who think AJ wanted Wes to adopt her.

Maybe you should look at her expression in a picture that he took with her a couple of months after he got out of Victorville jail while only knowing her for a month or 2.

Her expression was shell shocked in that pic.

Sorry Dexter! Lol. I will go into my corner until I manage to get my serious/analytical cap on.

But you guys are doing awesome! Go on without me!

You are not alone.

My wife is screaming "DINNERS READY" ; So that's my que. Much Obliged.

Good Night All.

Do we have any of AJ's own words that would confirm her feelings about every one of the adults in her life? Or any of them?

All of this is relevant to the subject of the thread if it is your belief that AJ's disappearance started with the obsession of someone in the past-either when they met her or afterwards. Friend or family, kwim? Getting a time line of major events in AJ's life may tease out some family dynamics that will help figure out whether this is a crime that started within her home. Or even in her teens.

I dont see anything ruled out yet.

In fact, Wes told Joe Fisher that the police's theory is that the reason he was with JH in the first place was because he was attracted to the "budding" AJ. So pretty much, no matter what else was going on back then, there's only one person in jail right now being held with no bail.

A 10th grader who is focusing on their own thing; Does not pay attention to other details.

That's like a litigation lawyer throwing papers your way while you are thinking about your high school crush.

She knew herself and her siblings and I doubt she really cared about a name.

She just went along with whatever the head of the household told her to do.

I bet a Trillion Dollars that she never ever ever thought of Wes as really being her dad to those who knew her.

He was always just Wes to her. Jmo.

My point of my original post was to have a visual of time frames and ages to look at other dates. Respectfully, I didn't know AJ to make your assumption to what she was paying attention to in the 10th grade. Or what/who she went along with or why. She, from what I have read was making good grades and in fact did start college. Since we do know that her name was not legally Hoffer, most likely she was registered by her legal name and just going by Hoffer. Fixing to graduate shortly, possibly taking her ACT test so forth she may have wanted her name changed so that it would reflect on her graduation and/or college stuff, and not have to explain to people all the backstory of why so many names. I have no idea WHY the name changed, but I feel very confident that she had input in it. Possibly even the changing from G to J, as she went by AJ... I do know from having family members who have been adopted by a stepparent - oldest of the 3 at time being 12, the judge spoke with each one of them and used that in his ruling to grant the adoption.

As far as Wes and her feelings, I know nothing for a fact. I would venture to say 98% of those posting here did. I do know I have seen photos of her and Wes at her Graduation. IIRC she had that on her Instagram? Sorry if wrong SM.

I would also venture to say she called him Wes, just as her half sisters did/do. My daughters call their step dad by his first name, but they have a special bond and know he loves them as they do him. Same as my step son does me. And a step child by legal stuff is your child ... taxes, insurance so forth... Sometimes I think people who are an EX are bitter because their child likes the step parent. Jealous or whatever. Just because an EX spouse doesn't like it, doesn't mean the child is unhappy. From her ex step fathers own words he hasn't had a relationship with AJ in quite awhile, and hasn't seen her since last summer (2014). Doesn't mean he doesn't still care for her, but she evidently made her own choices...And even ZH made choices, to move on as he stated in this video, start at 1:20 mark the day AJ remains were found. ZH says he doesn't call her his daughter so much anymore because they have been estranged. Posted 8:43 pm, April 9, 2015 http://wtkr.com/2015/04/09/tonight-...raise-aj-hadsell-talks-only-to-newschannel-3/

In fact, Wes told Joe Fisher that the police's theory is that the reason he was with JH in the first place was because he was attracted to the "budding" AJ. So pretty much, no matter what else was going on back then, there's only one person in jail right now being held with no bail.

Spam, I have felt this from very early on (Lucky7 I know you will remember the interview that never aired). I think a lot of us do but don't want to go there. I don't know if they can prove this, but I'm thinking they won't have to, at least I hope they don't. I think she stood up to him, she was finally going to tell on him and not only get him in trouble with JH but with LE.

And to the other subject of adoption/name change: it didn't get her killed, not relevant. IMO

I want to see some news on drug arrests, the dark van (if there is anything to that), more on her jacket, and so on. How long do we have to wait for COD??

Anybody know how long JH and Pastor have been friends? I'll bet there is a lot of tension going on in that house and WH's sister/mother's house.....is this allowed?

Spam, I have felt this from very early on (Lucky7 I know you will remember the interview that never aired). I think a lot of us do but don't want to go there. I don't know if they can prove this, but I'm thinking they won't have to, at least I hope they don't. I think she stood up to him, she was finally going to tell on him and not only get him in trouble with JH but with LE.

And to the other subject of adoption/name change: it didn't get her killed, not relevant. IMO

I want to see some news on drug arrests, the dark van (if there is anything to that), more on her jacket, and so on. How long do we have to wait for COD??

Anybody know how long JH and Pastor have been friends? I'll bet there is a lot of tension going on in that house and WH's sister/mother's house.....is this allowed?

So far we don't know COD or reason...
Dark van... eyewitness report so may not be credible info... I have seen a dark colored veh not sure of make and model or when photo orig taken JMO

Another interesting thing, if we go back to the beginning, is the height discrepancy.

The first missing flyer (by JH or solicited by her) listed 5'1 for quite a number of weeks.

The iconic graphic with the black background and 2 photos (used by the Norfolk PD on their fb on Mar 5), lists it as 5'6.

It was widely reproduced in media, so much so that a lot of media continued for several weeks to list that as her height as media continued to perpetuate that early inaccuracy.

Zach's flyer that was asked by JH to be taken down, listed height as 5'2.

The billboards originally listed height as 5'6. It was corrected to 5'2.

The revised JH flyer, used until her remains were found, listed it as 5'2.

The diff between JH and ZH is only an inch and not a real biggie to me ...Possible AJ and one of her sisters is the same or abt same height where JH and ZH got height came from. The one the PD used was few inches diff. Curious what her DL says her height is. Could they have used that info? or just a typo? I know in AR they just ask you your height to enter in when getting your DL.

It's funny: with the early height discrepancy, I figured Zach hadn't seen her in a while and might have a memory of her at an earlier size, so I figured the 5'6" height was more likely correct. But then it looks like they settled on the height on Zach's poster.

I have a very intelligent relative who got in trouble when entering the U.S. because he misquoted his own height as shown on his passport...so I guess it can be hard to pin down these things.

This is one case where I have zero doubt who did it. I'm not going to list all the reasons since there are many, mostly to do with Wes' stories pigeonholing a time frame of just minutes
with neighbors meandering around and school kids coming home for someone to commit this crime.

For me it's the sister.
I have a little brother who I have gotten out of some jams, I have stuck up for him and I will always have his back. I think of what it would take for me to publicly retract my support. I don't take
that lightly. If even SHE can't pretend anymore, who am I to?

I think I am just not creative enough to think outside the box which admittedly could be my weakness.

I see a man not admit to seeing the girl last for over a week then coming clean with it. I see him wanting posters taken down and rewards lowered. He gets "the tip" for the clothes, he finds the clothes,
He breaks in to a home and finds the coat. Not one sighting of AJ that came from HIM the day she went missing is validated or even mentioned at all by anyone else. Not the people he claims saw her,
not LE, not JH.

My experience of life is that it's not some M. Night Shyamalan movie with various plot twists. Usually when the pretty teen goes missing and there is a drug abusing male who had access to her with a past that includes rape, kidnapping, choking, domestic abuse etc. You just don't have to look much farther.

I doubt AJ saw Wes as "Daddy" and that has nothing to do with me thinking he's guilty it's just me remembering being a teen. Even if they had an awesome relationship a 13-15 year old just isn't
going to turn a switch and start thinking that way. Seems she went from a house full of Hoffers to being the odd girl out as far as last names. I could see that bothering her or wanting to feel included and not like an outsider. Before all of this mess her and Wes may have gotten on fine, I have no clue, I could see him being the cool fun parent that maybe let them party etc so again my opinion is not based on them not getting along.

No bail for Wes rules out plenty for me. Jmo

OK. Not for me yet :) Plenty of reason to give a no bond to someone on probation with weapons violations who has made threats against someone he claims might have information.

We've already gone through the whole name change/adoption discussion (at considerable length). There could be multiple reasons for it, all good or all bad or a combination of both. We don't know, we'll likely never know and I honestly don't think it matters as far as what actually happened to AJ and why, and who.

moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member