Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell - COD: "Heroin Poisoning"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JMO, but I believe the wording "acute heroin poisoning" as opposed to "heroin overdose" speaks volumes. It would be interesting to know if they have strands of her hair to use for testing. If she was a user, it would show up in her hair - pathology could pretty much figure how long she had been using, what she used, or if it was a one time thing.

From what I understand, the meaning is the same. I think heroin "poisoning" is just the technical term for "overdose."

moo

From what I understand, the meaning is the same. I think heroin "poisoning" is just the technical term for "overdose."

moo

It is. It is how an "overdose" would be listed on a death certificate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wes was in jail. WHO tipped them to the body?

Great question, I am starting to think if Wes was responsible for all or part, he would have talked by now. I'm stuck on the vehicles right now. Who in the world would have helped Wes?? And her family (minus the Hadsells) are saying no drugs - not now, not ever.

moo

That's my understanding too. However, I did find one reference from the CDC that says drug poisoning can be classified as self-harm, homicide or unintentional overdose.

http://www.cdc.gov/HomeandRecreationalSafety/pdf/poison-issue-brief.pdf

So maybe "heroin poisoning" is just the language that particular ME uses or maybe he/she used the term because the manner of death hasn't yet been established.

As for hair analysis I'd be shocked if the ME didn't send samples to the lab. Even though we didn't know about AJ's heroin texts LE did. Assuming WH was telling the truth about what JH told him.

While I am sure every person is different, is does not seem that 2 weeks is at all unreasonable to form a physical dependence, according to heroin addiction resources. I am not suggesting that every person gets physically dependent after 2 weeks, but I would not want people to trust that is doesn't happen that way, either. Especially, if there has been several doses in the 2 weeks, which is very possible.

From: http://www.heroindetoxrehab.com/how-long-does-it-take-to-get-addicted-to-heroin/
How Long Does It Take to Get Addicted to Heroin?
While the feelings of euphoria that initially come with heroin abuse will create a desire for another “hit” soon afterward, physical dependence usually takes several doses to become established. If you have not yet taken the drug, you should know that first-time use of certain drugs including heroin will not necessarily lead to the reported feelings of euphoria. Heroin can create unpleasant feelings, nausea and vomiting.

JMO, but I believe the wording "acute heroin poisoning" as opposed to "heroin overdose" speaks volumes. It would be interesting to know if they have strands of her hair to use for testing. If she was a user, it would show up in her hair - pathology could pretty much figure how long she had been using, what she used, or if it was a one time thing.

You may have defined possibly why it was termed an "acute heroin poisoning", because all the tests you mentioned may have indicated it was just what you say, razzledazzle,

"a one time thing."

You may have defined possibly why it was termed an "acute heroin poisoning", because all the tests you mentioned may have indicated it was just what you say, razzledazzle,

"a one time thing."

Yes I think the "acute" part is the key. Acute would mean that the heroin poisoning was not something that had been ongoing. I believe that medically when talking about poisoning, acute poisonings occur after a short time, like a day or so. Chronic toxicity would be a whole different story. That would mean more long term drug use. And toxicity in the medical sense would mean chemicals, drugs, animal venom... the whole nine yards.

I found this info about it: http://www.carpin.org/p_Categories&Types/Acute_Vs_Chronic_Poisoning.pdf

AJ was attending Longwood on an athletic scholarship. NCAA college athletes are subject to a strict no drug policy with testing. Here's your link:

http://www.longwood.edu/policies/1202.htm

Also, knowing her personally, I can tell you that AJ was not one who would throw away her entire collegiate/athletic career by using heroin. Nor was she the type to even use recreationally.

AJ was attending Longwood on an athletic scholarship. NCAA college athletes are subject to a strict no drug policy with testing. Here's your link:

http://www.longwood.edu/policies/1202.htm

Also, knowing her personally, I can tell you that AJ was not one who would throw away her entire collegiate/athletic career by using heroin. Nor was she the type to even use recreationally.

I believe you. Many people here pointed that out back when a drug overdose was first put forth. I also don't see any indication, from way over this side of the Atlantic anyway, that she was depressed or otherwise in a downward spiral that would lead to drugs. Please don't let that blind your judgement(s) though, as staying open can lead to critical clues to help.

Can you clear up the DB issue? Is she the last person to see AJ or was Wes talking about the kid? (or is it rubbish and NPD don't actually know?) I just want everyone to be straight on names MSM is putting out there, not asking for additional info.

"a one time thing."

In the medical field there is acute and chronic. Used to discern new versus ongoing.

IMO I think that people use the words "poisoning" and "overdose" interchangeably. http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/166464-clinical
I wonder if it just depends on what the State uses for their diagnosis codes.

I believe you. Many people here pointed that out back when a drug overdose was first put forth. I also don't see any indication, from way over this side of the Atlantic anyway, that she was depressed or otherwise in a downward spiral that would lead to drugs. Please don't let that blind your judgement(s) though, as staying open can lead to critical clues to help.

Can you clear up the DB issue? Is she the last person to see AJ or was Wes talking about the kid? (or is it rubbish and NPD don't actually know?) I just want everyone to be straight on names MSM is putting out there, not asking for additional info.
Knowing her, I cannot believe that she would use, period. It would be way too outside of her character. I am very open minded, but that, I just can't see.

I haven't spoken to WH since his arrest, so I can't say with 100% certainty who he is referring to, however, there has been no report of anyone seeing her after what was reported by the one you all refer to as 'Wavy Kid'.

Knowing her, I cannot believe that she would use, period. It would be way too outside of her character. I am very open minded, but that, I just can't see.

I haven't spoken to WH since his arrest, so I can't say with 100% certainty who he is referring to, however, there has been no report of anyone seeing her after what was reported by the one you all refer to as 'Wavy Kid'.

So that gives us a 30 minute to maybe an hour that was when she went missing?

Did AJ have any new friends?

Thanks it is good of you to come by stand up for AJ.

Bear Thankyou for coming here and letting us know your beliefs about AJ, we can only speculate but you knew her and her family.

What you say is really telling because if she wasn't a user - well then first question would be why now? First time? Or someone intentionally giving her an overdose?

Can I ask do you believe the right person is in jail?

Bear Thankyou for coming here and letting us know your beliefs about AJ, we can only speculate but you knew her and her family.

What you say is really telling because if she wasn't a user - well then first question would be why now? First time? Or someone intentionally giving her an overdose?

Can I ask do you believe the right person is in jail?
I (and the rest of the family) do not believe she willingly used at all. That's just not who she was.

As for your second question, I still will not speculate as to my theories. I trust that NPD is doing their job and we will have justice.

So that gives us a 30 minute to maybe an hour that was when she went missing?

Did AJ have any new friends?

Thanks it is good of you to come by stand up for AJ.
AJ made friends everywhere she went. I know she had made friends at school, especially the girls on the softball team and field hockey team. I know she made friends in her residence hall as well. A few of them spoke at the Longwood candlelight vigil, one being the RA, a position she had shown interest in.

Yes, I can envision that happening. Right now I'm thinking that she died at that house, but I could believe that she was moved after she died as well. The ME should be able to determine that fact so I'll await that news.

I understand crimes were committed, but I'm not thinking that someone purposely killed her in a rage or to cover-up a rape. I concede that could have happened, but I guess I just want to believe it was an accidental overdose, followed by a horrible decision by someone(s) to cover it up.

JMO at the moment.
I agree with you as much as I so badly want to blame WH.....I think horrible decisions were made that dreadful night.... Compounded by more STUPID adult decisions the following 24hours. This is just my opinion and I truly hope that someone/ or some people suffer for leaving this poor child as she was found.

AJ made friends everywhere she went. I know she had made friends at school, especially the girls on the softball team and field hockey team. I know she made friends in her residence hall as well. A few of them spoke at the Longwood candlelight vigil, one being the RA, a position she had shown interest in.

So the last time anyone saw her was at 2:00 in the afternoon and that was a friend on her street?

Thanks again prayer for all that loved AJ. This cannot be easy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back