Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell's Disappearance from Norfolk, VA - 3 March 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking in...and yes, I don't think WH did drugs all by his lonesome. Since Wendy was on MSM giving that interview about "having blinders on", she has since written a sort of answer to why she started feeling that way. Don't know if I can go into it on here so better not. Hope all the funding has fallen flat except for the Special Olympics.

I think the Special Olympics donations have stalled now too. :(

ANYTHING supporting and loving AJ and her memory and her honor is relevant to me. Once someone is found deceased, many threads are about that person and their life and honoring them. I have seen less of that here than any other thread and I think its about time!

AJ- you were a young lady with a bright life ahead of you and your life was cut way, way too short. You have had more obstacles in your short life than many have had in their long lives. I respect your love for your sisters. I respect your bright smile. I respect your dedication to sports and school. Your spirit is not forgotten. You seemed like a beautiful soul and you should be respected during the fight for justice for you.

I would love it if folks would spread a bit more into the other threads and topics.

I know some people miss a general discussion thread, but now that we are in a subforum it would really help to take discussion of a specific topic to the appropriate thread.

I would love it if folks would spread a bit more into the other threads and topics.

I know some people miss a general discussion thread, but now that we are in a subforum it would really help to take discussion of a specific topic to the appropriate thread.

I think once there is an arrest and evidence regarding her murder it will advance other discussions. We can't really discuss the location and what it means to the perp until we have an arrest. We will probably have a lot more discussion and many more threads once the arrest is made.

Hopefully soon we will have a lot more to discuss!

This thread is for discussion of the details surrounding AJ's disappearance.

Norfolk detectives search for missing 18-year-old
March 4, 2015

NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Norfolk police are searching for an 18-year-old girl who has been missing since Monday.

Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell was last seen around 2:30 p.m. Monday at her parent’s home in the Tarrallton area of Norfolk, according to family members. A neighbor said he saw AJ leaving and returning to the family’s Millard Street home. The family reported her missing around 9:15 p.m. Tuesday, according to police.
snip

Mrs. Hadsell said the last time she heard from AJ was by text message at 4:30 a.m. Tuesday. She said her daughter said she was fine, but that she was not ready to come home. Mrs. Hadsell isn’t sure if it was AJ or someone else on the other end of the phone.

http://wavy.com/2015/03/04/norfolk-detectives-search-for-missing-18-year-old/

Teen disappears while home for spring break
Wed March 11, 2015

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2015/03/11/angelica-hadsell-missing-spring-break-virginia

Is Anjelica Hadsell in danger?
Family convinced missing teen taken against her will
March 13, 2015

“She was scared of a situation, and we didn’t know about it,” Mr. Hadsell said. He told WAVY.com he believes he knows at least one person who is involved.

“She didn’t go on her own,” Mr. Hadsell said. “She’s not just sitting somewhere happy watching TV, watching this. What 18-year-old kid wouldn’t be on social media right now?”

Mr. Hadsell told 10 On Your Side police have recovered pieces of his daughter’s debit card and her jacket, which a neighbor said he saw Anjelica wearing the day of her disappearance. The Norfolk Police Department has not confirmed that information, but they did tell WAVY.com they are vetting all leads. Police say they have had detectives assigned to this case every day since it was reported.

http://wavy.com/2015/03/13/is-anjelica-hadsell-in-danger/

Search and rescue crews are looking for missing 18-year-old Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell near a heavily wooded and marshy area off South Battlefield Boulevard in Chesapeake.

A spokesman with the Norfolk Police Department tells WAVY.com investigators are following a tip they received regarding Hadsell’s disappearance.

Police started searching up and down South Battlefield Boulevard Thursday evening, according to neighbors.

“Throughout the week the investigation led us to this area,” Officer Sam Shenouda of the Norfolk Police Department said.

http://wavy.com/2015/03/21/crews-search-for-missing-teen-anjelica-hadsell-in-chesapeake/

Search for Missing Teen

http://interactives.wavy.com/photomojo/gallery/preview/18472

Photo gallery^^^
MEDIA THREAD

MAPS AND TIMELINES

WESLEY HADSELL INTERVIEWS

[URL="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72057&d=1427899277"]Missing Person Report p1

Missing Person Report p2

[/URL]

Cops rarely get a tip to the actual location of a body.

I wonder who called it in?

Much oblige.

I wonder was it a tip or a phone gps from a suspect. Perhaps a gps there from before AJ was missing. A tip would make more sense though because a phone would have been tracked earlier. Maybe that location kept being mentioned to LE in interviews.
If it was a tip I'd bet someone close to the killer called it in.

I wonder was it a tip or a phone gps from a suspect. Perhaps a gps there from before AJ was missing. A tip would make more sense though because a phone would have been tracked earlier. Maybe that location kept being mentioned to LE in interviews.
If it was a tip I'd bet someone close to the killer called it in.

I will be glad when a suspect is confirmed by police or the potential crime (s)

I will be glad when a suspect is confirmed by police or the potential crime (s)

I think we all will be. I've found the waiting difficult and I cannot begin to imagine how hard it is for those who cared for her while she was with us.

It is about Justice For AJ. Such a beautiful young lady. God Bless her that she was able to graduate from school and go off to college, considering all the alleged, possible turmoil that she may have been surrounded by throughout possibly the majority of her life-time. I pray that Justice will be served and it will be swift and the responsible person or person(s) will have to answer for taking AJ's life. RIP in AJ. You have touched so many people, your beautiful smile, the way you liked to help others and many other things I am sure. :) We will not give up and we will continue to prayer for answers and help in whatever ways that we all possibly can. Amen.

Remember early on when Zach said the last time he spoke to Wes was about a week prior to AJ's disappearance? Did he ever say what that conversation was about?

IMO, If WH wasn't living at the house, there wouldn't have been a 'passing conversation' while Zach was picking up or dropping off his girls, so I just wondered if Zach expanded at all on that. Not that he needed to by any means.

Edited: As I read back through what I posted, I realized it might come across that I thought Zach/Wes had a friendship of sorts, which is definitely not my take on the situation. I wonder if there was some sort of 'incident' or something going on in the home that one of them felt the need to inform the other about.

Maybe they met at the house in passing while WH was switching vehicles since it seems he left them there at least sometimes? I am not really sure though, just a guess.

Specifically regarding the day AJ went missing... Monday March 2nd

It's standard protocol during the course of the investigation that the whereabouts of every adult and every friend in her immediate circle would be looked at very carefully by LE. Maybe not right away due to the fact that LE may not have suspected foul play right away, but as the investigation went on and they (LE) learned more and more about the family dynamics, her plans with friends that week, etc. they certainly would have asked and verified the answers as to everyone's whereabouts on that day and the day following. As well, at this point I can only assume LE does in fact have AJ's cell phone records (neighbors at the pond search reportedly were told by LE her phone pinged there on 3/3 at 8am) so they also know who her last contacts were - who she called and who called her (or texted). I would hope they also have all of her SM records as well since she was pretty active there.

Yet with all of that information, they have still not named a suspect or POI in connection with her disappearance and death. YET. I think that's coming just as soon as the ME office releases the COD. The ME's office will have also collected any and all physical evidence that could tie AJ to a specific person or persons (or location, which is just as important) after she went missing. Knowing where she was (house, car, hotel, etc.) and who she was with after she went missing on Monday March 2nd makes all the difference in the world as to who is responsible for taking her life. It's frustrating to wait but it was just shy of 3 weeks ago WAVY news reported per the ME's office it could be up to nine weeks before those results are released http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rfolk-3-March-2015-19&p=11711859#post11711859 (which doesn't mean it actually will be, just that it could be)

All that being said, there's no question that there's a LOT of details LE are aware of that the public isn't, and some of those details will come out in the arrest/statement of probable cause warrant (if/when it's made public), others will come out during the trial (assuming there is one) and other details we may never know and I'm perfectly okay with that, as long as the person(s) responsible faces justice. In my experience following cases like this, sometimes the details you do find out are details you wished you never knew :(

Just thinking out loud this morning. moo, etc.

In My opinion (based on years of experience from a family member) NO, if one is just using or even using a lot, NO. However; the bigger, heavier users end up funding their own habit by selling. So IMO, Yes he was dealing.

IMO he would have to be. Even dives like the hotel he was staying in arent cheap.

Add to that, that most meals would have to be purchased already made because the room doesnt have a kitchen.

And hopefully money given to JH every payday for his own child, then gas, insurance, cigarettes, taxes etc etc and I doubt he had much left over at the end of the week at an industry average of 18.37 an hour.

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=HVAC_Technician/Hourly_Rate

Certainly doesnt seem like he would have enough money for an increasing drug habit on an HVAC techs salary alone

I was just wondering. What if the cause of death is found to be " undetermined"? How will this impact the case?

I was just wondering. What if the cause of death is found to be " undetermined"? How will this impact the case?

If it is (and I don't think it will be, but I could be wrong) it won't affect what (if any) other evidence LE has. I can only imagine, they have A LOT that we know nothing about, at this point.

If it is (and I don't think it will be, but I could be wrong) it won't affect what (if any) other evidence LE has. I can only imagine, they have A LOT that we know nothing about, at this point.

I agree OM.

Virginia has a speedy trial law that basically states a defendant has to be tried within 5 months or 9 months from the date of indictment (depending in circumstances) or they cannot be charged with the same crime(s) again.

http://www.robertslaw.org/what-are-my-rights-to-a-speedy-trial-in-virginia/

I think LE is putting all of their dominoes in place, one by one, so that when the time is right they can watch them fall exactly where they want them to.

Hannah Graham's was homicide of undetermined means. And charges were just upgraded to capital murder in her case based on forensic evidence.

And please don't take this the wrong way, anyone, and I don't want to sound like a broken record, but we do have threads for forensic/COD, condolences, criminal charges, etc. With so much info and discussion in this case, it would be so helpful to spread out in the different threads. Ok, no tomatoes please, I will stop now :)

How many kids do u know at 7 am in an upbeat mood LOL
Why would she be up?
They saw her at the door.
Mine are miserable at 7 am and are NOT up unless they have to be!JMO

I've always wondered if maybe AJ had just gotten home and was packing up to LEAVE instead of just randomly doing chores. Folding clothes ... not doing laundry. JMO, IMO, MOO

I've always wondered if maybe AJ had just gotten home and was packing up to LEAVE instead of just randomly doing chores. Folding clothes ... not doing laundry. JMO, IMO, MOO

Yeah me too. Of course we only have WH's word that she needed the truck because she had plans for Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley216