Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell's Disappearance from Norfolk, VA - 3 March 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So how the heck did Wes get it in his possession if she had it on when she went missing?

I'm trying to remember the sequence of events because he has vomited out little bits of info here and there. If he gave the description before the break in, it looks pretty suspicious. If he gave it after, and found the jacket there then said she was wearing it, it looks bad but in a different way.

Unless he had direct knowledge of her death or was involved in the cover up and planned to implicate the kid, I don't know. I know his pants are on fire but I don't know what parts are lies and what parts aren't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I heard, too. But that's weird (as if anything in this case is not) because what kind of text would it be??

"So yeah, I'll do what I want. Stay out all night if I want. You can't make me come home, just like you couldn't stop me from doing heroin for the last two weeks!"

"I'm not ready to come home. And I need more money because I spent all that I had doing heroin for the last two weeks."

"I'll be home when I'm ready. You can't keep tabs on me. I've been away at college doing heroin for the last two weeks and getting along just fine."

I mean seriously! That makes no sense. How do you text your parents about your heroin use? Unless you are a person who is openly using and your parents know. Otherwise that would be a HUGE red flag. OMG I can't even imagine getting a text from my kid about using heroin and then them not showing up home. You can bet your bottom dollar I'd be at the police station freaking out saying: You've got to help me find my kid because she's with heroin users and I need to get her and put her in rehab or something!

At 5:03 the reporter asks “What did the texts say?”

WH: She texted my wife that information. My wife relayed information to me. She didn't tell me that information, Anjelica did not tell me directly that information but my wife told me that... she basically described a drug... and a reaction... it's physical, she's sick, she's in pain if she doesn't have it. This is what my wife told me.

http://wtkr.com/2015/06/29/aj-hadse...inal-text-messages-were-sent-by-someone-else/

So he doesn't actually say how the texts were worded. Like you, I can't imagine how such texts would have been worded. And if even one sentence of what WH said is true then how could JH believe AJ was "safe" in any way, shape or form? :confused:

Interesting article about from Journal of Analytical Toxicology, fAssessing Free and Total Morphine following Heroin Overdose when Complicated by the Presence of Toxic Amitriptyline Levels.
It basically explains how ME's use toxicology and different levels of chemical concentrations and different areas of the body to determine the cause of death of the women in the article was from heroine versus other drugs. It's confusing to me but it talks about how they can determine heroine overdose. So I'm sure the ME's would be able to definitely determine whether someone someone was injected post mortem or whether it was the cause of death.

I wonder if AJ had other drugs in her system as well.

I totally agree - they finally told LE that he intimidated them. Maybe they didn't know where she was or who she was with and Wes orchestrated all the ensuing drama. Wes didn't tell LE for 10 days that he supposedly met her at a gas station. He's crazy IMO. I think Drew believed him, too, for a while. Not sure when their knowledge of coke went to where recently he said Wes was doing heroin, too. That seemed to come out of the blue for me. I've never seen a case like this. Could she have gone off with a different group, maybe from college?

I think WH orchestrated the majority of all of it. At first: nobody wanted to believe he was capable of anything like murder. He talked to AJ's boyfriend in advance of going to her ex's home, asked about security features that could be there, a possible "easy way to enter the house," what her bf thought about AJ's ex...all kinds of questions. When AJ's other friends had heard that he broke into CF's home--WH threatened all of them saying if anyone talked, that he (Wes) was a member of the Aryan Brotherhood and "would take care of them."

I think bullying was just a part of his typical behavior...and he never ceased rambling, changing his story, adding and deleting things as it suited HIM. I believe it was a regular part of his personality and he likely felt he could outsmart/outwit/outdo everyone. Maybe JH finally had enough and was attempting to end their marriage. Look back at his behaviors the other times he was rejected. People already knew he could be violent.

Seems to me he ruled with threats and thought he would never get caught...or consequences. Also: another BIG problem he may have been facing besides family destruction and another potential divorce? Money. How could he afford his "heavy coke habit" that he even admitted to LE?

JH has a job, sure. Self-employed as a photographer, how much does that kind of work pay? She couldn't afford his habit...as well as her own if she had any. His job? HVAC/Plumbing jobs. Cocaine isn't cheap--especially when one develops a growing tolerance for it.

So--just speculating here--what if Wes had thought-up a little quick money scheme (read 'scam') to help with the mounting bills? What if he had a plan in the works knowing the date AJ would return home for Spring break...and when she was due back at school?

Maybe something he thought he would get away with...something where some trust and secrecy already existed, and to his thinking: a "better" scheme than robbing another bank?

All merely speculation here...but perhaps something to consider...

Ps...Taking in renters helps pay the bills, too. I'm not saying WH is a dirty rat and everyone else involved is sterling.

I call BS on that. How could he NOT know where that home is in relation to where he worked AFTER she was found? Is he saying he has never looked it up to check that out? :no:

Agreed. Even though he was in jail when AJ was found and may not have access to the internet to look it up, surely his Mom or sister could have relayed the info to him. I think it's strange that he wouldn't have been curious to know where the house is in relation to where he was working. That would be one of the first things I'd want to know...if I didn't already know. JMO

At 5:03 the reporter asks “What did the texts say?”

WH: She texted my wife that information. My wife relayed information to me. She didn't tell me that information, Anjelica did not tell me directly that information but my wife told me that... she basically described a drug... and a reaction... it's physical, she's sick, she's in pain if she doesn't have it. This is what my wife told me.

http://wtkr.com/2015/06/29/aj-hadse...inal-text-messages-were-sent-by-someone-else/

So he doesn't actually say how the texts were worded. Like you, I can't imagine how such texts would have been worded. And if even one sentence of what WH said is true then how could JH believe AJ was "safe" in any way, shape or form? :confused:

Thank you for this!
So yeah, I'm sorry but that's even more crazy! Your daughter is texting you about reactions she has after drug use, you realize she's is doing heroin, so when she goes missing, you just say, "Meh, I think she's safe."

And they are not revealing this information because they wanted to protect AJ?? That makes no sense. More like protect themselves.

Agreed. Even though he was in jail when AJ was found and may not have access to the internet to look it up, surely his Mom or sister could have relayed the info to him. I think it's strange that he wouldn't have been curious to know where the house is in relation to where he was working. That would be one of the first things I'd want to know...if I didn't already know. JMO

Exactly. He had plenty of chances to find that info out. Who wouldn't want to know that?

It is all very hinky. BUT we are just hearing this from Wes. And if these texts are accurate then LE already has them, OR NOT.

And someone could have texted them to JH from AJ's phone---someone like Wes maybe, who had a dead body on his hands?

BBM

I thought her denial was showing when she said that. IIRC she said something like ' Wes is not been named a suspect nor even a POI...'

She really thinks he is not even a POI in this case? Then why is he locked up?

Yea- I dont know that she helps his cause too much.

I'm trying to remember the sequence of events because he has vomited out little bits of info here and there. If he gave the description before the break in, it looks pretty suspicious. If he gave it after, and found the jacket there then said she was wearing it, it looks bad but in a different way.

Unless he had direct knowledge of her death or was involved in the cover up and planned to implicate the kid, I don't know. I know his pants are on fire but I don't know what parts are lies and what parts aren't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, and anyone who remembers, please help me, but IIRC:

The volunteers on the first searches were told she had a pink shirt and a team jacket on. And I believe those searches were BEFORE he broke into the home? Is that correct?

Thank you for this!
So yeah, I'm sorry but that's even more crazy! Your daughter is texting you about reactions she has after drug use, you realize she's is doing heroin, so when she goes missing, you just say, "Meh, I think she's safe."

And they are not revealing this information because they wanted to protect AJ?? That makes no sense. More like protect themselves.

I think we are seeing a failed attempt by people desperate to keep the idea of drug use from surfacing, because they have something to hide that is related.

The viciousness escalated the minute drugs were mentioned by LE. No one was this vocal when everyone thought she was violently murdered. This is very unsettling.

I call BS on that. How could he NOT know where that home is in relation to where he worked AFTER she was found? Is he saying he has never looked it up to check that out? :no:

He was in jail when they found her then so maybe he didn't have access to look it up. Just a suggestion as to why he wouldn't know where it was.

Exactly. He had plenty of chances to find that info out. Who wouldn't want to know that?

Yes, exactly. And considering he drives all over the place because of the line of work he is in, I would think he would be at least remotely familiar with the AREA, if not the specific house. You know like it wouldn't be odd to mention a place to someone and they'd at least know the area --- that house on such and such road, on the south side of such and such street.... and the person would say, oh wow! I was just working in that county, but over in the such and such neighborhood. So how can he be clueless about the house's location?? A person who travels around working different jobs usually has a general idea of the area, but that's just my opinion.

So how the heck did Wes get it in his possession if she had it on when she went missing?

In the webcast he mentioned the cops thinking that someone bought a new jacket and had her name embroidered on it. I found that oddly specific and perhaps it is exactly what he did.

He was in jail when they found her then so maybe he didn't have access to look it up. Just a suggestion as to why he wouldn't know where it was.

But wouldnt you want to know where your daughters remains were found? Especially if people were accusing you of killing her? It does not make sense that he would not ask someone to look it up. It takes a minute or two on a smart phone to see.

In the webcast he mentioned the cops thinking that someone bought a new jacket and had her name embroidered on it. I found that oddly specific and perhaps it is exactly what he did.

Come to think of it, she did not have that jacket when she was found, correct? So where is her team jacket, if it is not the one 'found' at the neighbors home?

Come to think of it, she did not have that jacket when she was found, correct? So where is her team jacket, if it is not the one 'found' at the neighbors home?

Ok, it's going to be insane if Wes got framed while trying to frame someone else. Jeez!

Yes, exactly. And considering he drives all over the place because of the line of work he is in, I would think he would be at least remotely familiar with the AREA, if not the specific house. You know like it wouldn't be odd to mention a place to someone and they'd at least know the area --- that house on such and such road, on the south side of such and such street.... and the person would say, oh wow! I was just working in that county, but over in the such and such neighborhood. So how can he be clueless about the house's location?? A person who travels around working different jobs usually has a general idea of the area, but that's just my opinion.

Just saying (not defending him at all) that if he was doing commercial jobs he most likely would drive to the job and back home not riding around. The location of her body was found on Route 258 heading south out of Franklin into North Carolina. I would imagine for someone to find and know that house was vacant they would have had prior knowledge of it or at least staked it out. When you're driving 45-50 mph on that stretch of road you would most likely fly by it if you weren't looking for it. It's rural out there.

Don't people looking up refinancing home loans and stuff come across similar names, property deeds and the such? Whomever dumped AJ there may have had some knowledge of those things and have used it as part of some convoluted way to tie back to the family, if it wasn't pure "coincidence."

I still don't think AJ died because she was using drugs. I think the drugs were used to cover up whatever family strain reflects in the cut up cards and money flow prior to her death, which seem to me more likely as a trigger for her death, that would be other people's money and drug problems who she glued together. AJ was heading toward more involvement with her college friends, if the missed Spring Break means anything, that whole dynamic of her leaving her family unglued behind, to me seems like, ultimately what pulled her down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest