Anne Heche - 53 - dies after fiery car crash in Los Angeles August 5 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

The movie premiere of Girl in Room 13 will air on Lifetime Saturday, Sept. 17 at 8/7c.
(Anne Heche plays Janie )
This is on tomorrow night.

Last edited:
Oh for pity's sake. Family scraps after deaths can be so ugly, I know all too well. Sending hopes for strength to her sons. Latest article I saw, sorry if a duplicate Anne Heche Family Fight Over Her Estate Heats Up
It's unfortunate she didn't have an updated Will. Lots of people put off making Wills. I understand completely how that can happen. But with a minor child and with her previous emailed statement memorializing her wish Tupper control her money until both sons are 25... If the email is true and it was never revoked, ugh. After the custody battle, probably not what she would have wanted. Maybe she forgot about the email.
JMO

It's unfortunate she didn't have an updated Will. Lots of people put off making Wills. I understand completely how that can happen. But with a minor child and with her previous emailed statement memorializing her wish Tupper control her money until both sons are 25... If the email is true and it was never revoked, ugh. After the custody battle, probably not what she would have wanted. Maybe she forgot about the email.
JMO
Not trying to victim shame, but shame on Anne for not having these arrangements.

If she didn't have a will then I'm going to guess that she also did not have an umbrella policy. If she did not have one of these, there won't be a lot left for her children since she caused a lot of damage and her estate was estimated to be pretty small for a Hollywood actress.

All IMO.

Not trying to victim shame, but shame on Anne for not having these arrangements.

If she didn't have a will then I'm going to guess that she also did not have an umbrella policy. If she did not have one of these, there won't be a lot left for her children since she caused a lot of damage and her estate was estimated to be pretty small for a Hollywood actress.

All IMO.
You very well may be right about that. However, I have an umbrella and no will. I've been putting it off because it feels like if I make out a will, then I'll pass away once it's done. I know. It's stupid to think that and I need to get over that. :(

Inspired by actual events. Grace (Larissa Dias), became addicted to opioids after her doctor prescribed them for a sports injury at a very young age. After three stints in rehab, she is finally ready to turn her life around. Under the watchful eye of her mother, Janie (Anne Heche), Grace takes on a job at her family’s restaurant. But her past will not let her go and when her friend coerces her into meeting her former love interest and drug dealer, Richie (Max Montesi), she finds herself imprisoned in a hotel room with no way out. Held captive, Richie repeatedly violates Grace, forces her to consume drugs and alcohol, and starves her–all to break her down so that she becomes compliant and can be sold into human trafficking. Refusing to give up on her daughter, Janie starts an all-out hunt to find Grace. Directed by Elisabeth Rohm. (2022)

You very well may be right about that. However, I have an umbrella and no will. I've been putting it off because it feels like if I make out a will, then I'll pass away once it's done. I know. It's stupid to think that and I need to get over that. :(
Thanks Gemmie and GatorFL your posts are making me think now. No will, or " umbrella".

And I don't even know what an umbrella policy is.

And I don't even know what an umbrella policy is.
It's a supplemental insurance policy that kicks in after other forms of insurance are exhausted. Used in personal liability cases where you're sued for a lot of money, like Anne's estate undoubtedly is. She caused a lot of damage to that house, pretty much totaled it. Plus her personal rescue and hospitalization.

Auto insurance has policy limits, usually $50,000 or $100,000. It will pay limits and if she had an umbrella it would kick in.

Many people with a lot of assets invest in an umbrella policy to protect their wealth.

It's a supplemental insurance policy that kicks in after other forms of insurance are exhausted. Used in personal liability cases where you're sued for a lot of money, like Anne's estate undoubtedly is. She caused a lot of damage to that house, pretty much totaled it. Plus her personal rescue and hospitalization.

Auto insurance has policy limits, usually $50,000 or $100,000. It will pay limits and if she had an umbrella it would kick in.

Many people with a lot of assets invest in an umbrella policy to protect their wealth.
Thank you GatorFL. Good info to know.

Omg. We think a lot alike. Though ….we do have a will, but only because my husband is Mr. Business. I personally am somewhat superstitious. :(

This is going to be a mess in the probate court. Not only having an ex, a child of majority and a minor child, multiple claims for damages, but also her book that will be coming out. Her rights on that book now belong to the estate. So that will have to be figured out. The court will need to appoint someone quickly to protect the estate even temporarily.

I do strongly encourage people to make wills. They can avoid a lot of problems. Especially if you have minor children and/or are remarried, etc. And please go to an attorney, don't get one off the internet. Most people only need a simple will, not extensive estate planning so it should not be expensive. Shop around. It is money well spent.

This is going to be a mess in the probate court. Not only having an ex, a child of majority and a minor child, multiple claims for damages, but also her book that will be coming out. Her rights on that book now belong to the estate. So that will have to be figured out. The court will need to appoint someone quickly to protect the estate even temporarily.

I do strongly encourage people to make wills. They can avoid a lot of problems. Especially if you have minor children and/or are remarried, etc. And please go to an attorney, don't get one off the internet. Most people only need a simple will, not extensive estate planning so it should not be expensive. Shop around. It is money well spent.
DH and I have had wills since our early 30s. DH comes from a family with several attorneys (including his late father) who encouraged us to have wills. We've updated them a couple of times as circumstances have changed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back