Anthony Bourdain, 61, Tv Chef And Travel Host, Found Dead, Suicide

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Heartbroken for Anthony Bourdain, his family, friends and colleagues. That his good friend Eric Ripert found him makes me even sadder. They were an entertaining pair when out and about exploring food culture.

His episode from Beirut a few years ago was stunning tv that was way beyond any episode about food. Should have won every award possible. From travel channel:
Anthony Bourdain in Beirut
In July 2006, Anthony Bourdain and his crew traveled to Lebanon to film an episode of 'No Reservations'. They discovered a beautiful country filled with proud, generous people and delicious food. However, within 24 hours of arrival they suddenly found themselves stuck in the middle of an intense, uncertain, and violent conflict. From their initial glimpse, to the destruction that followed, "Bourdain in Beirut" is the story of what Anthony and his crew saw and experienced during their 9 days in the country.

Anthony Bourdain in Beirut

I have so many fond memories of his shows - the Detroit episode, eating healthy with Iggy Pop in Miami, the chocolate episode in Peru with Eric, grilled fish on the beach in Naxos Greece, the family meals in Sicily...I could go on and on.

My heart is sad today. Rest easy Tony. You will be missed.

Anthony Bourdain took us along on his adventures near and far. He had such a gift of making us feel welcome on his journeys. I especially loved it when those welcomed him into their homes, tasting all the local foods and emersing himself into the cultures. He would try everything with such enthusiasm. There are so many, that I can't even say what my favorite show was.

I only wish he knew how much he was admired, and how much he will be missed.

Nice article from the NY Times...

Anthony Bourdain, Renegade Chef Who Reported From the World’s Tables, Is Dead at 61

Last edited:
It is possible that his suicide was triggered by a change in the status of his romantic relationship. My heart goes out to his family...RIP to a brilliant man....

ANTHONY BOURDAINEVERYTHING SEEMED GOOD WITH GF... Until This Week

Anthony Bourdain and GF Asia Argento Seemed Close Until This Week

This link is not opening for me, so went in search of the content. When I read all the various articles on AB I didn’t see anything else posted about him and GF not being close. Has anyone seen additional info on this?

This link is not opening for me, so went in search of the content. When I read all the various articles on AB I didn’t see anything else posted about him and GF not being close. Has anyone seen additional info on this?
There were recent photos of her with another man hugging on the street, which is what the title was referring to.

The latest Season 11 of Parts Unknown is more fantastic storytelling. Five episodes are available, including Hong Kong, which was directed by Bourdain's gf Asia Argento. I'm watching West Virginia. Great filmmaking, and especially poignant at the tail end of a hard day.

I'm truly saddened by Anthony Bourdain's untimely and tragic passing. If I made a list of celebrities I'd like to meet, AB would have been in the top 5. Bourdain always seemed at ease with anyone he encountered and was able to relate to people from all walks of life. There are still a few more episodes of his current Parts Unknown series, but I will surely miss his travel/food shows. I feel the need for some No Reservations and/or Parts Unknown binge-watching.
There was a fabulous show on HBO iirc, 1 season only, maybe 15ish episodes iirc, called “Kitchen Confidential”, based on his book, starring Bradley Cooper. I highly recommend it.

DH and I were both teary-eyed as we watched a few hours of CNN coverage on the tragic passing of Anthony Bourdain. The CNN family tributes continued today, and several episodes of Parts Unknown will be aired tonight beginning at 8:00PM.

watch

Asia Argento and Bourdain were seen together apparently happy as recent as two weeks ago, but questions about their relationship had emerged after Argento was pictured walking around Rome with journalist Hugo Clement on Monday.

The two were photographed laughing and hugging. This was also just days after Bourdain bought a moody painting with the ominous title 'The world is falling down, I am learning to live with it'.

Asia Argento is spotted for the first time since Anthony Bourdain's suicide | Daily Mail Online

Apparently, Bourdain was suicidal after his divorce to his first wife so maybe he felt insecure with Asia if he saw the photos of her with Hugo Clement and there was more to it.

I agree... This man was vulnerable in love...

That said, his book editor at Ecco press was interviewed on CNN. Bourdain was also an exceptional writer.

He brought the people, the street, the music, the arts, politics, the food, culture, movement, history, and, photography to his productions.

His body of work is a gift. One of my favorite episodes is New Jersey, his home state, and mine.

After the sorrow there is so much to celebrate about this Renaissance Man.

Bourdain was the narrator and the subject. He brought something unique to the table. He told the story and was a part of it at the same time.

And the cinematography was gorgeous.

In every episode one learned a piece of history. Whether Ethiopia, or the heritage of South Carolina, or my Jersey favorites... His home and mine.

We will miss this renaissance man. But he leaves so many gifts.

I find myself, after the sorrow, celebrating this tall drink of water, who was fearless on the scooter blazing through Vietnam, Rome, or wherever. On the cliffs, in the snow, hanging out in Seattle...

What's not to love? What's not to remember?

Anthony Bourdain, his spirit, his irreverence, his love of the best experiences hi and lo, is ours, now.

And I thank him from the bottom of my heart.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15
Back