Anthony's admit to Conflicting Statements Seek Full Immunity

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should George and Cindy be granted full immunity in exchange for truth?

• Yes

Votes: 200 26.9%
  • No

Votes: 123 16.5%
  • No and go after them for obstruction of justice!

Votes: 421 56.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading here for months , but usually sit back and keep my mouth quiet, but I just have to say, In the first phone call from jail when KC says something like "I got arrested on a whim." and CA says something like," well if you hadn't told so many lies". They knew she was lying, tried to get her to tell the truth, and when she didn't, they jumped right in with her and began lie after lie. They knew what they were doing and continued for 6 months. i do feel some sympathy , they have had their lives ruined forever, but in my opinion, they should be held responsible for what they did and not be able to make any $ from this terrible thing that has happened.

Welcome to posting on WS, Seatoad! Glad you jumped in - and hope we'll be hearing more from you in the coming weeks & months.

So many of us share your same sentiments. :blowkiss:

Rummy :cat:

1. Does LE really need their testimony now?
2.How will we know it's the truth? They won't do lie detector-Conway calls it "hocus pocus."
3.Immunity from who-OCSC or FBI?
My opinion(for what it's worth)-Too little, too late. You're not doing this for your little granddaughter that you and your twisted daughter let rot basically in your backyard. You're doing this because you're not as smart as you thought you were and LE is not as dumb as you thought they were and God decided to put an end to your dog and pony show. G & C &KC & maybe LEE must deal with the consequences of their actions! Do I have compassion? Yes, but that has nothing to do with consequences-it's something we all must live with.:twocents:

This is ABSOULETLY the best statement posted. In my gut, I feel they will be prosecuted. OSCO has had enough of their mistruths and will seek justice for Caylee. I am convinced that there was incriminating evidence (other than CA knowingly giving the wrong hair brush to LE) in the hacked emails sent to the news reporter, along with evidence removed from the house that will show that the A's intent was not only to mislead LE but to conceal and/or destroy evidence. LE would not waste precious time in this investigation to prosecute the A's for mistruths in their early statements to LE, they must have found something quite significant either at the crime scene or the Anthony home.

I'm not sure how to feel - I haven't read through all the posts and will go back and do that - I think what the A's did was wrong - and to try and to divert the investigation is against the law

I'm on the fence - my problem is - if we let the A's get away with doing everything they did - out of grief or not - then what will stop the next person, or the couple after that

I think your right, I think George is ready to tell the truth and has been for a while.

I wonder if we'll find out there really was a fight the 15th and if Cindy really did see about getting custody of Caylee?

Interesting you mentioned that, I DVR'd the Dateline show from last Friday and watched it last night.
Cindy did say that on June 15th she and Caylee had a lovely day visiting her the great-grandfather and then she and Casey (and Caylee) had a lovely evening.

BC stated when he first was hired last week that the A's have done nothing wrong. BC also stated yesterday that he had alot of homework in representing the A's. BC must have been told something by the A's that would be of importance to LE for him to want immunity for clients. The following days are going to be tense I feel. Do we think their new attorney is working overtime trying to untangle a web of lies and deceit.

I'm confused.Why would and attoney even make those statements? It just adds credibility to the belief that his clients did something wrong.
I think the A's will admit that they lied about certain things because they really believed KC was innocent and they were trying to help her.They didn't trust LE with the truth.

If they let them slide on obstruction and any other charges. I know we will see this type of thing from other perps families. I don't think it's right and it needs to be nipped in the bud.
Grieving or not they broke the law! A missing family member does not give any one the right to break the law. Even just a little bit.
JMO!!

ITA, if they do it for the A's, everyone will think they can do it.
There's no "do-overs" if you're over 10 years old, especially in a serious matter such as this.
I voted "No, go get 'em"!

I'll be a black sheep and say yes, give them immunity. Thats under the guise that they did not take PART in Caylee's demise, only that they knew more of the truth than they were originally willing to confess.

Casey will NEVER talk. She'll die in there and still be making up wild, elaborate lies. If the ME can't tell us what happened, maybe the Grandparents can.

MOO.

:waitasec:

Let a psychopath alone with a child they never bonded with, a child who is cramping said psychopath's style, know this person has serious mental issues, and cover for her her entire life...yeah, that won't end in tears...:twocents:

They may not have known she would end up dead, but they knew something bad would happen. They just chose to ignore it.

you said it all! Great post

After thinking about this for a few minutes, I am reminded about the Dr.Phil show yesterday when they were talking about how the "adults" in a situation where a child is concerned are liable, and should be punished for their actions.
I don't think that Cindy and George knew about what happened to Caylee, but before hand they knew their daughter was a thief, they knew if she would steal from her own grandmother, that she would do it to people outside the family. This in itself is a cause to worry about Caylee. To not do anything is pure neglect. I don't know what charges there could be for that, but they should at least take responsibility for knowing that with the way Casey was stealing, she was putting her daughter at risk.

I agree that George is maybe ready to tell the truth but they had their chance.What did they do instead?They lied and manipulated,they went on TV all day long trying to fool the entire world,I can't forget that and I won't.
Do they need privacy now?Oh I understand.What about everything they did so far?They are behaving only because there's no way out anymore.They're trapped.They are not doing the right thing because they are responsible or grieving but because they're scared.

I think George looked so uncomfortable on LKL especially when talking about the smell in the car. He looks like he knows he is lying but is probably trying to save Casey's life, I agree he could be the one to break and tell the truth. If you listen to his first interviews with LE when CA was not around he was very candid. I think he did say CA could not handle Casey doing anything wrong? Am I remembering this correctly?
Also lets not forget in the same interview Cindy said Casey was working st Fusion and that is why Casey was "posing" for the pics!

ya know....they have spun so many tales told so many lies that ---- wth

I'm still leaning towards that little car ride home from the airport that put a change in their attitude along with the new guy--but doubt the new guy would have been able to swing it (keep ca mouth shut!)--if something wasn't mentioned....

I still question each and every move they make....I don't buy the greiving grandparents--I don't -- can't----we should have seen more of this day 31 upon notification of the missing child---this is a bit late --- As for that teddy bear---???? I just call it acting/staging---defense cycle to gain some ounce of sympathy....I just hope LE doesn't fall for it...:furious::mad:

I think the circumstances are horrid but they have also milked it to no end---and I'm tired of it...I just am--they were warned way back in Aug to sthu--but chose not to---they made their bed ---- ca even quoted after the e-mail that she wasn't afraid---I think she has been shown to new laws that says anyone can be charged....that to me is the only new thing....

Now they are coming out with they now know that Caylee is dead...and if kc did it let the jury of her peers decide...this was the original response from ca in the start but she reversed herself...at that point I think game on for LE---CHARGE THEM--THEY KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING---AFTER ALL THEY HAD EXPERINECE WITH LE---prove to them that LYING IS A CRIME--ESPECIALLY IN THE PURSUIT OF THE REAL TRUTH....(not "a" truth...)

I vote NO NO NO.

I cannot believe their lawyer actually said this. How much experience does he have, anyway?

I am still catching up on so much, I do not know his background.

I did not choose the NO, with an obstruction charge because:

MY full answer would be No, I believe it should be a Perjury charge.

If the lawyer said this, then it is directly covered in the perjury statute of Florida.

Looks like an Admission.

Why grant immunity?

jmho :)

837.021 Perjury by contradictory statements.--

(1) Except as provided in subsection (2), whoever, in one or more official proceedings, willfully makes two or more material statements under oath which contradict each other, commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(2) Whoever, in one or more official proceedings that relate to the prosecution of a capital felony, willfully makes two or more material statements under oath which contradict each other, commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

What's the lawyer going to do. Object that it's hearsay because he cannot cross examine himself?

I said No, but the only way I would give them full immunity is if they sign something that they will not make any money off this crime. I think this is how thew expect to pay for this dream team. I do not believe however the A's had anything to do with the death of Caylee.

I just feel that Cindy is too much like Casey, in that she will never actually admit real truth to anyone, even LE, if it makes her or her family look bad in any way.

My question would be if she is even aware of what the truth is anymore. I don't say this snidely but sadly.

How do we reconcile the attorney's statement yesterday (he and Anthony's still believe the nanny kidnap story) and this statement they will clear up the inconsistencies for immunity? Per media, both Jose B and BC together met with the Anthony's at their home; I fear a plot to "save" the Anthony's by letting them clear up certain inconsistencies, but in such a way that it bolsters (or does not hinder) the nanny story.

The A's have had free will to make appropriate decisioms concerning what was a lost grandchild now murdered child, and they repeatedly admonished everyone who showed humanity towards Caylee. They chose to stonewall & deceive until it seemed they were backed against the wall. The next few months might be played out like a chess match. Hold on tight! this road is going to get bumpier!

Why should they get immunity for telling the truth? They were SUPPOSED to be telling the truth from the beginning, which they chose not to do. Now that Caylee has been found and the horrible truth is looking them in the eye, they want to come clean. GMAB. NO IMMUNITY for those who obstructed justice for five months and choose to cover Casey's wretched self over speaking up for an innocent baby.

They are guilty and trying to avoid punishment by telling their form of the truth now? Like Casey did when she told them to let her out of jail and she'd lead them to Caylee?????

HA!!!!! Fool me once.........They should be ashamed.

Hey AkSleuth .. :)

I didn't hear anything about them "coming clean" or "telling the truth".

(I honestly think that "telling the real & total truth" is as much of a stranger to Cindy as it is to Casey.)

What I heard from Brad Conway's statement was that the Anthonys wanted a grant of immunity - and that there would be no more conflicting statements from them when speaking with LE. Nothing about actual "truth telling".

Also the attorney stated yesterday that he would not allow them to take a polygraph as he does not believe in their accuracy.

I do agree with the thoughts & sentiments in your post.

Rummy :cat:

How convenient for them! The body was found, with evidence linking it to their home, and we all know KC is guilty. What we were unsure about was what role, if any, George and Cindy played in all of this beyond being stark-raving mad and blind to the truth.

Now, I'm thinking they fear LE has the "goods" on them and they are starting to squirm.

Don't give it to them! They get what they deserve, particularly for anything they may have done regarding destroying / hiding / removing evidence (i.e., obstruction) from LE.

I don't blame them for being emotional. I don't blame them for wanting to believe Caylee was alive, despite evidence to the contrary. I don't blame them for not wanting to believe their daughter, despite her many flaws and track record of lying / stealing / overall behavior, was incapable of committing this crime. But I do blame them for being stupid.

Stupid? Let's see . . . GA was former LE. He knows that smell. Period. Any statement to the contrary, from either GA or CA, is simply absurd!

Stupid? Let's see . . . Caylee missing. KC a liar. Car smells of death. Story doesn't make sense. Oh, let's clean the car and items within the car! That makes sense. Duh!

Stupid? I'm sure there is much, much, more that could be tossed out there!

I would grant them immunity against what they've said but if they physically did anything to obstruct, once they knew Caylee was missing all bets would be off.

I've been in their corner all along, but if I've been wrong then I think they should be prosecuted and we'll deal with me later.

I said No, but the only way I would give them full immunity is if they sign something that they will not make any money off this crime. I think this is how thew expect to pay for this dream team. I do not believe however the A's had anything to do with the death of Caylee.

or perhaps the state of Fl for pursuit of thier little nanny game...:twocents:--or to perhaps to texas equsearch or real missing kids organizations---one that actually pursue the truth and do more than t-shirts and flyers along with billboards....:waitasec::woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela