Anthony's Finally Doubt Casey's Innocence?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am not sure what your eluding to? I remember a case here in Canada of Karla Homolka who's estranged husband killed 2 teens and she helped. She also helped her DH kill her own sister. Her parents stuck by here to the end. It happens.

I've never had anyone in my family kill anyone (thank God!!) so I really don't know what they are going through. I think it's easy for us to judge - we don't know what we would do in their situation. One can say "Oh I would do this and I would do that" but unless you have lived their life you just do not know for sure.

Sorry Mara, but I have a 38 year old daughter, my only child and I have an 8 year old grandson, and my husband and I took him from her and adopted him because she, like Casey, should never have had children. I can honestly say...100%, without a shadow of a doubt, if she had killed my grandson I would have no problem whatsoever in turning my back on her, and helping to make sure she spent the rest of her life in prison. You love your children, but you don't make excuses for them, nor do you lie and cover up their mistakes. Where a child is concerned...you protect that child...no matter what!

Sorry Mara, but I have a 38 year old daughter, my only child and I have an 8 year old grandson, and my husband and I took him from her and adopted him because she, like Casey, should never have had children. I can honestly say...100%, without a shadow of a doubt, if she had killed my grandson I would have no problem whatsoever in turning my back on her, and helping to make sure she spent the rest of her life in prison. You love your children, but you don't make excuses for them, nor do you lie and cover up their mistakes. Where a child is concerned...you protect that child...no matter what!

Thank you! I'm like you...i feel as if the A's should have protected Caylee...no matter what. And a part of them has to feel as if they let her down. She was the innocent one in all of this. And how hurtful to be harmed by your mother and then not protected by the people that should have been protecting her...its sad.

Oh, they knew. And I think the evidence from the scene just fits right in with what is missing from the house. They probably know the laundry bag is missing too. Who knows, maybe that laundry bag didn't hold laundry at all. It could have served as a toy bag, when Casey emptied it to "use it" the little horse just was left in the bottom of the bag. Seems plausible to me.

IMO- their lawyer is just now saying CA and GA dont know what they believe, so they wont get in any more legal trouble for saying its pizza, and so people wont call them names for saying they are still sticking up for KC. Which is what CA and GA should have done long ago. Meaning keep quiet.

Other than speculation are we 100% sure they lied and covered up? Not being snarky - I just have not been following the case like most of the people here. Is it possible that for so long they were holding on to the hope that she was innocent and that a nanny existed no matter how much everyone else saw through the story? I am not sticking up for them but I wonder how a person's brain copes with all of this - do you ignore everything and hold onto a glimmer of hope that it is not true? And just now they are realizing in the prescence of all this evidence coming out that she did kill their grandaughter?

If they covered up and lied and knew she killed Caylee then I agree - I cannot believe they are sticking by her.

I think they have always doubted KC's innocence, they are just doing it publicly now.

There is no rhyme or reason to the Anthony's actions throughout this ordeal. If they are coming to realize their daughters part in the murder of their granddaughter I believe it is due to one of two things:
When KC was released from jail they told her that they believed her & would stick by her, say whatever they had to in order to sway public opinion, however if it came out in the end that she had something to do with the murder that she would be on her own.
OR ..
If it is released that even her parents believe she is guilty she would never be able to get a fair trial. (anyone on board that knows how that would work from a legal standpoint?)

These are just my opinions .....

If it is released that even her parents believe she is guilty she would never be able to get a fair trial. (anyone on board that knows how that would work from a legal standpoint?)

Interesting thought. But why not just stay out of the media spotlight and allow for a fair trial by keeping mum about the whole thing.

Interesting thought. But why not just stay out of the media spotlight and allow for a fair trial by keeping mum about the whole thing.

I was thinking all along that they were trying to put reasonable doubt out there. I do believe LE has all it needs to convict, however, if no body had ever been found, and the grandparents using every opportunity to get it out there that Caylee had been kidnapped, the "sightings" etc. I believe that there may be a juror or two out there that might vote not guilty due to reasonable doubt.

I think they have always doubted KC's innocence, they are just doing it publicly now.

i think at best they doubted her innocence, at worst were fully aware of her guilt from the beginning.

Bold is mine
What a difference a "b" can make! LMAO!

i know, i know - yesterday i posted about the ill treatment of poor bessie grund
blushing.gif

Bombshell? You bet! I saw this last night on Nancy Grace and I am completely blown away that they are coming forward with this information. Note to George-Hang in there, you were a great Grandfather and my heart goes out to you.
I agree with you!

Because of the extent of their denial through all of these months, I'm having a hard time believing the Anthony's have changed their tune.

I find it far more believable to think that they have finally found a decent spokesperson who knows that plausible deniability looks better than flat-out denial that KC could be involved in any way. I think BC just knows the best way to answer those questions when they are presented to him.

I am waiting for the Anthony's OR BC to come out and clarify the statement and say that they have never doubted their daughter and that BC's words were "taken out of context."

The only person who has been adamantly claiming that Casey is innocent these past several months has been CA. LA dropped out of sight long ago--I remember last summer when a reporter asked him if he thought Casey was being truthful. He responded saying something to the effect of "she's being as truthful as she's capable of at this time..." (something like that). But he also stated that if he felt that she wasn't trying (to help them) then he wouldn't be standing there fighting for her. That was the day she wouldn't see him. We saw very little of him after that AND I personally haven't heard him speaking on behalf of her innocence since then. I suspect that it was around that time that he had come to terms with the fact that she had murdered Caylee. As for GA, he would go around stating that he "would see his granddaughter again" and stuff like that...(or that he loved his family)--CA has been the one to consistently proclaim Casey's innocence. The evidence is just so overwhelming that even CA has to break down her walls of denial. I'll bet LA has been instrumental in guiding both of his parents down the path of facing the truth in all of this.

(Bolded by me)
lol, evan's mom - there are 6 billion people on earth. some of us know ourselves well enough to define certain lines we are incapable of crossing, some of us don't. i don't pretend to speak for everyone, i am speaking of myself. i am not speaking of you or anyone else. how could i know what you know of yourself? you have no idea who i am either. you cannot speak for me. i find it strange that so many people seem unable to accept, or are irritated by the fact that one solitary human being has said that they know who they are and they are not someone who could behave as the anthony's have. i'm just not dysfunctional enough, deceitful enough, stupid enough, arrogant enough or even strong enough to pull off the performance given by cindy and george since july. i could not do it. i lack the required qualities. it's not a choice and if it were, i would still approach this differently. if a child of mine could kill their own child then they have to be somewhere they can't harm anyone else and i need to protect those i love from the glare of the media, not fuel it. i know my own mind. that's all. many people do.

:clap::clap::clap:
Very well said! I've tried to get this across exhaustively and it's always met with the same attitudes..brick walls...if they would do it, you would do it...say you wouldn't...your a liar...you think your above others in some way...you think your kids are perfect and could do no wrong...ya right! your dismissed...endless brick walls and nothing riles me more then somebody claiming that they know what I would do in any situation when they don't even know me!

(Bolded by me)

Very well said! I've tried to get this across exhaustively and it's always met with the same attitudes..brick walls...if they would do it, you would do it...say you wouldn't...your a liar...you think your above others in some way...you think your kids are perfect and could do no wrong...ya right! your dismissed...endless brick walls and nothing riles me more then somebody claiming that they know what I would do in any situation when they don't even know me!

Guess what? I say I don't have a clue as to what I would do in their situation .... and I get dismissed and poo-poo'd. LOL!!! Isn't it fun!!! :D :D

lol, evan's mom - there are 6 billion people on earth. some of us know ourselves well enough to define certain lines we are incapable of crossing, some of us don't. i don't pretend to speak for everyone, i am speaking of myself. i am not speaking of you or anyone else. how could i know what you know of yourself? you have no idea who i am either. you cannot speak for me. i find it strange that so many people seem unable to accept, or are irritated by the fact that one solitary human being has said that they know who they are and they are not someone who could behave as the anthony's have. i'm just not dysfunctional enough, deceitful enough, stupid enough, arrogant enough or even strong enough to pull off the performance given by cindy and george since july. i could not do it. i lack the required qualities. it's not a choice and if it were, i would still approach this differently. if a child of mine could kill their own child then they have to be somewhere they can't harm anyone else and i need to protect those i love from the glare of the media, not fuel it. i know my own mind. that's all. many people do.

Well said. I agree.

Guess what? I say I don't have a clue as to what I would do in their situation .... and I get dismissed and poo-poo'd. LOL!!! Isn't it fun!!! :D :D

Sad really, IIRC there was a thread that initiated the question so if you don't want/won't accept someones honest answer, why ask the question in the first place!?!

MOO

Sad really, IIRC there was a thread that initiated the question so if you don't want/won't accept someones honest answer, why ask the question in the first place!?!

MOO

Oh, everyone is different. There are people who know and people who don't. I say I don't because if I go back to a very bad situation in my family many years ago .. and remember how I was and acted .. and figure I might make Cindy look like a Girl Scout. Not in every way, but you know.... Hopefully I have grown.:rolleyes:

Amen Sista! It is the responsibility of an adult to advocate for the child, you are a true child advocate and we need more people like you.

Re: the perspective of the As and how I would conduct myself in their shoes.

I would hope- and if I were talking to investigators and/or the media, I would vocally hope that my child did not do this.

But given the actions of Casey prior to July 15, I don't think I would be able to emphatically say that my child was innocent.

:blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back