Anthonys May Sue Over Merchandise being Sold

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm with Solace. If C & G did not try to stop people profiting off of their daughter, people would be saying they don't care. I'm not a fan of theirs by any means but I support their decision to do this. I think they're doing the right thing, if only to send a message prior to the trial starting. Whatever Cindy's failures as a mother, I believe she loved Caylee and was a good grandmother. If she doesn't do this and we all start to see a bunch of strangers exploiting Caylee & profiting, how will we feel then? We'd want someone to put a stop to it and who can do that except Cindy? JMO.

I don't think anyone would think anything of GA and CA not trying to stop people from profiting from Caylee's murder. They are obviously upset that they are not getting any of the money from that sweet sweet gravy train imo.

The t-shirts say Justice for Caylee, and I would like to see everyone wearing one in front of the court house everyday during the trial (monies going to charity). Accused Murderer Casey Anthony never asked for Justice for Caylee. Not one person in the Anthony family asked for Justice for Caylee (that I have knowledge of). Websleuths has been the voice for Caylee Anthony, and are the only ones I have heard yell from the rooftops, Justice for Caylee! JMO

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-trial-caylee-tradema20110517,0,5638136.story

Mark Lippman, the Anthonys' attorney, said he's sending cease-and-desist letters to the websites that sell Caylee products, including California-based CafePress.

On that website, you can find "Justice for Caylee" adult and children's T-shirts, shirts for dogs, and bumper stickers.

"We're sending out the letters and we're shutting everyone down," Lippman said.

Lippman said his efforts aren't targeting the items depicting Anthony — as he only represents her parents.

How do they do that when they are not legally next of kin?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-trial-caylee-tradema20110517,0,5638136.story

Mark Lippman, the Anthonys' attorney, said he's sending cease-and-desist letters to the websites that sell Caylee products, including California-based CafePress.

On that website, you can find "Justice for Caylee" adult and children's T-shirts, shirts for dogs, and bumper stickers.

"We're sending out the letters and we're shutting everyone down," Lippman said.

Lippman said his efforts aren't targeting the items depicting Anthony — as he only represents her parents.

Oh boy and isn't that one of the Anthony's specialties - deciding who gets to do what. I hope this is as successful as CA's orders to DC to "shut down" websites she didn't like. This man is giving lawyers a bad name. Sorry Mr. Lippman, it's a free country and you don't get to "shut people down" that is NOT the function of the judiciary, though sadly is has come to that in many cases. Disgraceful.

Oh NO!!! We can't have anyone making money from exploiting Caylee except for them!!! Cindy does hold the Caylee Anthony registered trademark, ya know...**eyeroll**

IF I am not mistaken, Cindy supposively considered trademarking Caylee's name but was never able to finalize it.

I know at one point, a massive search was underway to find a registered trademark and one was never found...

So for now, possible trademark is rumor only based on a KC letter...

EDIT TO INCLUDE:

Just read the actual article from TODAY....

In it, Lippman states the Anthonys ARE (GOING TO) TRADEMARK....as in process JUST recently began...if at all yet....

Sorry Lippman....too late.

Ya know, I am indifferent towards ICA, she is who she is. But CA and GA, I have no respect towards or for. They are who they are. They were this way prior to Caylee although I have no knowledge of it just a hunch after Rick spoke of them. They apparently have a history of bullying others; family, friends anyone who crosses their path. They are doing what is normal to them. So why would they stop their negative behaviors now.

I don't think anyone would think anything of GA and CA not trying to stop people from profiting from Caylee's murder. They are obviously upset that they are not getting any of the money from that sweet sweet gravy train imo.
Am I missing something...why would anyone object to a t-shirt that says "Justice for Caylee"? Let people shout it from the tops of mountains. I would hope whoever manufactures the t-shirts believes in the cause.

IF I am not mistaken, Cindy supposively considered trademarking Caylee's name but was never able to finalize it.

I know at one point, a massive search was underway to find a registered trademark and one was never found...

EDIT TO INCLUDE:

In it, Lippman states the Anthonys ARE (GOING TO) TRADEMARK....as in process JUST recently began...if at all yet....

Didn't we see the paperwork? Are you saying it was never registered?

EDIT TO INCLUDE:

rbbm: lol, just like CA had a legal document drawn giving her custody of Caylee should anything happen to ICA. When she was questioned on this during a depo she gave an "I don't remember....., I think .... " answer and low and behold LE went to the attorney and he had no knowledge of it.

Surprise, surprise.

Yep another distorted story of theirs.

yea for the length of editing time, Thank you mods
eta: CA does what ICA does and vice versa. BOTH take their lies to the limits. ICA tells a whopper of a lie, walks down the Universal hallway, then admits she lied. Whereas, CA lies consistently as well, thinking no one would have the audacity to check out her lie.

Am I missing something...why would anyone object to a t-shirt that says "Justice for Caylee"? Let people shout it from the tops of mountains. I would hope whoever manufactures the t-shirts believes in the cause.

I'd like Kathi Belich to ask the Anthonys one question: "What, specifically, would you consider to be 'justice for Caylee'".

But to me, I think CA feels entitled to control all aspects of anything related to Caylee, even if it's just for the sake of having control. She is certainly not on a crusade for justice, it's strictly territorial imo.

I smell money coming their way.

As I understand it, one should be able to search it on the trademark site. Trademarking takes awhile, and it should show that it's in the process or something. Not sure of the exact legalese.

They never got 20,000, it was taxed and they paid their lawyer. Anytime Cindy is mentioned here, she is basically tarred and feathered and I think that if anyone here saw their grandchild's name being "used" and profited from by total strangers selling pens, etc., they would sue. That is what we are talking about the suing. I would do it in a second and I hope they win, which they will.

With all due respect, my husbands earnings are taxed and we pay our lawyer too, this doesn't mean we didn't earn it. (Wondering why the parents need a lawyer?)

The McCanns, the Anthonys, the Dunns have all raised money from their missing or dead children.

That's capitalism, I despise the practice personally.

I'd like Kathi Belich to ask the Anthonys one question: "What, specifically, would you consider to be 'justice for Caylee'".

But to me, I think CA feels entitled to control all aspects of anything related to Caylee, even if it's just for the sake of having control. She is certainly not on a crusade for justice, it's strictly territorial imo.

I'd like Kathi Belich to ask them what their trademark registration numbers are.

I guess I should change my avi then now shouldn't I?

I am saying to MY knowledge it was never filed...

And apparently to LIPPMAN'S knowledge it was never filed...

since he was quoted as saying the Anthonys ARE going to trademark....

He did NOT state "The Anthonys HOLD the trademark for...."

They never got 20,000, it was taxed and they paid their lawyer. Anytime Cindy is mentioned here, she is basically tarred and feathered and I think that if anyone here saw their grandchild's name being "used" and profited from by total strangers selling pens, etc., they would sue. That is what we are talking about the suing. I would do it in a second and I hope they win, which they will.

So THEY can profit from the murder, but no one else can? They seemed to have no problem with Casey selling Caylee pictures and videos...It's a little late for their moral outrage. It is wrong to support them in this imo. And it is blatantly inaccurate to say they did not get the 20k. They did get it and they spent it on legal services.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back