Anthonys May Sue Over Merchandise being Sold

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wouldn't 20k be profit though? yes you can argue what is alot of money and what is not alot of money. However the simple fact is they were paid (in a round about way) for interviews. We can talk about paying licensing fees v. paying for interviews till the cows come home but I think everyone at least recognizes it's a loop hole for paying for interviews.

I think you have to look at CA's dishonesty and her actions in this. If she reacted like the grand mother of a victim I think the public would have a very different reaction to CA.

I agree Maspiter. But the level of hate I see is outrageous. They have a right to guard the child's name and I would do the exact same thing. We are talking about them stopping that.

Reminds me of that woman that everyone has seen outside of the Anthony's home questioning Cindy on "why do you lie" and then later saying "shake it" as Cindy walked away and the crowd laughed.

They lost their grandchild and are suffering unimaginable grief and I hope they get some peace. They deserve it.

The Anthonys never denied they were doing the show. They never made 200,000; that was their daughter. They were paid over six months and ended up with 4000 out of 10,000 after they finished paying Brad from each payout.

They never exploited Caylee. They have had their lives turned inside out and the protestors who stood outside had no interest in Caylee except to hurt and humiliate a family that was in crisis and still is.

I, for one, hope that they finally get some peace out of all of this. They deserve to have it. They have suffered enough.

I agree I do hope CA finds peace and solace in a jail cell once she is convicted of accessory, perjury, evidence tampering, giving a false police report, fraud, ect. That may or may not happen after this trial depending on the terms of the use immunity granted to the A's.

However convicted or not these various actions have certainly swayed public opinion of her and she will have to live knowing what she has done and how she failed her grand daughter by defending her grand daughters killer at all cost.

I don't hate anyone... much less CA. But I do feel scornful of her, and it is her own actions entirely that have earned that.
Contrary to your statement which you don't seem to want to own, they have made lots of profit and continue to do so.

Well you have not proved that Zsa Zsa. And I hope you may feel some compassion for them in the future; they need all they can get.

I agree I do hope CA finds peace and solace in a jail cell once she is convicted of accessory, perjury, evidence tampering, giving a false police report, fraud, ect. That may or may not happen after this trial depending on the terms of the use immunity granted to the A's.

However convicted or not these various actions have certainly swayed public opinion of her and she will have to live knowing what she has done and how she failed her grand daughter by defending her grand daughters killer at all cost.

Of course. And I have no doubt she is aware of that. So why does she have to be crucified by everyone. She already is suffering monumentally. It is easy to say how someone should act, but it is quite different when actually confronted with it.

This is not compassion; this is hate and hate solves nothing.

The Anthonys never denied they were doing the show. They never made 200,000; that was their daughter. They were paid over six months and ended up with 4000 out of 10,000 after they finished paying Brad from each payout.

They never exploited Caylee. They have had their lives turned inside out and the protestors who stood outside had no interest in Caylee except to hurt and humiliate a family that was in crisis and still is.

I, for one, hope that they finally get some peace out of all of this. They deserve to have it. They have suffered enough.

BBM

They act as if she never mattered, Solace. I'm happy you see some redeeming qualities in them, you are a much better person than I...the protesters were there due to ICA, they wanted her arrested since ICA gave no credible information on Caylee or her whereabouts...there's more to them than you fail to see...you are a good soul with loving thoughts and gestures and it appears you only see the good in people...

I don't hate the Anthonys. To 'hate' them would mean that I know them...I don't. I only know what I've seen with my own eyes during trials, looking for an alive Caylee, during depos, blaming innocent people,etc.....it appears to me, they have rallied behind the one who sits accused and failed Caylee once again. Had they been a voice for Caylee Marie, I think they'd have much support. They have alienated everyone that their own family are not by their sides...They are a classic case of what not do to, how not to act, should a (grand)child allegedly go missing...they misdirect their anger and now appear to be sue happy...Why?

They seem to not respect authority figures. They seem to deny true justice for Caylee due to it being their own daughter..Had there truly been a nanny, they'd shout from the highest towers, off with their head...since it's one of their own, they choose to abandon Caylee instead of being a true crime victims advocate and seek justice for their deceased grandchild...

When this family became hostile and contrary, taking back the words trying to recreate history instead of standing side by side with LE, they showed their true colors...If CA had to do this all over again, I believe they would never call LE and handle it amidst their other ugly family secrets...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Well you have not proved that Zsa Zsa. And I hope you may feel some compassion for them in the future; they need all they can get.

I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but some of the money they received has been documented in depositions, if you want to read about it.
Your statement that they made NO profit is factually wrong, and that is what we are discussing, you should not attribute that the reason I am posting about their making a profit is generated by hate or lack of compassion.
These are documented facts, please do not accuse others of hate mongering when they are making statements supported by facts, simply because CA is the one being discussed.

I don't see how they can trademark the phrase "Justice for Caylee" as it is plainly generic. Like when trump wanted to TM "You're Fired" and Paris wanted to TM "That's hot." You can't take every day words and phrases and trademark them, then people would have to pay to use them. What if some other person named Caylee is one day, unfortunately the victim of a crime, and that Caylee HAS a family that wants justice for her. They would then have to pay the Anthony's for the right to use that phrase? No way. Not going to fly. The thing that ticks me off to no end is that it's clear they don't care about Caylee. When they pull crap like this it just makes me MAD!

BBM

They act as if she never mattered, Solace. I'm happy you see some redeeming qualities in them, you are a much better person than I...the protesters were there due to ICA, they wanted her arrested since ICA gave no credible information on Caylee or her whereabouts...there's more to them than you fail to see...you are a good soul with loving thoughts and gestures and it appears you only see the good in people...

I don't hate the Anthonys. To 'hate' them would mean that I know them...I don't. I only know what I've seen with my own eyes during trials, looking for an alive Caylee, during depos, blaming innocent people,etc.....it appears to me, they have rallied behind the one who sits accused and failed Caylee once again. Had they been a voice for Caylee Marie, I think they'd have much support. They have alienated everyone that their own family are not by their sides...They are a classic case of what not do to, how not to act, should a (grand)child allegedly go missing...they misdirect their anger and now appear to be sue happy...Why?

They seem to not respect authority figures. They seem to deny true justice for Caylee due to it being their own daughter..Had there truly been a nanny, they'd shout from the highest towers, off with their head...since it's one of their own, they choose to abandon Caylee instead of being a true crime victims advocate and seek justice for their deceased grandchild...

When this family became hostile and contrary, taking back the words trying to recreate history instead of standing side by side with LE, they showed their true colors...If CA had to do this all over again, I believe they would never call LE and handle it amidst their other ugly family secrets...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I appreciate your words and absolutely listened to them. I understand where you are coming from and I do not deny that you are right in many respects.

I have to disagree about the protestors - anyone can look at them and realize that they were there for their own amusement most of the time and they terrified their own children in the process.

My point is that Cindy and George are in incredible turmoil and it is not ending anytime soon. They have brought much upon themselves - no doubt. This trial has not even started and they are going to hear some horrible things.

I for one would be desolate if my grandchild was killed; Cindy was desolate about this and has reacted in a way that is much disliked.

The hate is enormous and it solves nothing. That is all I am saying. It solves nothing to hate her. And she is hated. She can't do anything without someone criticizing it. Now how can one person DO EVERYTHING WRONG in three years. Is it possible that something she has done does not warrant this - such as getting the name taken care of. IMO, that is what she is doing.

Why does she have to be torn apart with every move. I don't understand that. That is not compassion.

Of course. And I have no doubt she is aware of that. So why does she have to be crucified by everyone. She already is suffering monumentally. It is easy to say how someone should act, but it is quite different when actually confronted with it.

This is not compassion; this is hate and hate solves nothing.

For starters CA places herself in the public. She is the one doing interviews, going on GMA, Larry King, ect. She is the one causing much of the attention by placing herself in the public domain and doing things in a very public way. For example why go to the press about this. Simply file a cease and desist order to those using Caylee,s name and call it a day.

No instead they drum up all this hoopla right during the middle of jury selection. Hmm I wonder why they choose now to do it? Could it be because the case is getting more national media exposure then it was a mere couple months ago?

The A's media train is predictable. Every time new info is about to be released wouldn't ya know there is CA right in the spotlight with some other side show distraction.

I have compassion for victims, not for calculated con artists and media seekers.

That really is my last word on this. I am not going to try and convince anyone of anything. I just think there is enough hate in this world to go around and it serves no purpose to spend time hating a woman who has lost her three year old grandchild and has acted in ways that are disliked. Most times it is easier said than done. We all know what is right, but we don't always do it. No one is perfect. No one.

I have never agreed with the anthony's on anything. That being said, I think that anyone out there selling tshirts and buttons is just LOW. This is a baby that was killed and thrown out like trash. Regardless of who did it and the circus that has been created, and who created that circus, someone must protect her memory, and at this point, the only ones that can, are the ones that did. Whatever their motivation for it is, at this point, it was the right thing to do. all imo

belle3, I'm with you 100 percent. Someone has to protect the memory of Caylee. However, I don't think that job should be in the hands of Cindy and George Anthony. I can't think of anyway so far that they have tried to keep her memory fresh. Instead, IMO, she seems to be the forgotten victim in this case. For George and Cindy - it's all about Casey.

jmo

Is $4,000.00 not a profit??? Had the Anthony's not fired thier original attorney (Mark Nejame) for refusing to assist Casey, then thier would have been no need to hire/nor pay Mr. Brad Conway, fire Brad Conway, hire Mr. Lippman, etc, etc, etc....

Why so many attorney's when they are the "victim"?????????????????

As to hating CA, no I won't give her that much power!!!!

I have no objections to them filing lawsuits when they find anything like this exploiting Caylee. What I can't agree with is the reason they feel it necessary to go on National TV and announce it. The only reason I can think of is that it is a distraction from KC as well as another attempt to taint the jury before they can be sequestered. That is another way to exploit that poor baby and delay her justice. MOO

I'm not going to comment about the past two threatened lawsuits. This one or the other one.

But it is my understanding that an attn can't sue on your behalf without your consent? Maybe I'm wrong?

Also, I'm going to sit back and observe for a bit and see exactly how litigious the Anthony's turn out to be. It's one thing to threaten lawsuits and it's another to actually initiate a lawsuit.

Given what we've seen of the Anthony family so far I won't be surprised either way. JMHO

I have to respectfully disagree. It is clear that Cindy is hated to such a degree that if she moves, it is the wrong way.

But she is not deserving of the hate that I have seen expressed. She and her family have every right to sue anyone who is trying to use Caylee's name for profit.

Well then, following that vane of thinking, she should sue herself!

No one should be making a profit off of a dead child, not even the relatives or grandparents, IMHO.

Just sayin'

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/27920672/detail.html?source=orlpn

POSTED: Tuesday, May 17, 2011
UPDATED: 9:52 am EDT May 17, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The attorney representing the parents of Casey Anthony said he will fight to put a halt to people trying to profit from the murder case centered around his clients' granddaughter.

T-shirts, pins, underwear and other items invoking the names of Casey and Caylee Anthony are being sold on the Internet, including eBay.

(Keeping in mind that I'm not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV)

Doubt this is going to happen. In order to trademark, you have to have your lawyer go after each and every instance of the term/product being used. They have to do this if they want to trademark, otherwise they'll lose the trademark . You have to prove you want it bad enough. Seriously doubt the Anthony's have this kind of money.

As well, while celebritys (sp) trademark their names, it costs money to do. It is their business, how they make money so it's a little easier for them to do.

The Anthonys are just common folk. Don't see it happening here either. Again, their lawyer would have to go after every single instance of the name used.

I did a trademark search: nothing there that I can find:

http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/process/search/#heading-1

She copywrited the name because people were trying to use it to sell things.

You cannot copyright a name.

I don't see how they can trademark the phrase "Justice for Caylee" as it is plainly generic. Like when trump wanted to TM "You're Fired" and Paris wanted to TM "That's hot." You can't take every day words and phrases and trademark them, then people would have to pay to use them. What if some other person named Caylee is one day, unfortunately the victim of a crime, and that Caylee HAS a family that wants justice for her. They would then have to pay the Anthony's for the right to use that phrase? No way. Not going to fly. The thing that ticks me off to no end is that it's clear they don't care about Caylee. When they pull crap like this it just makes me MAD!

There are terms that are trademarked. The trick is: you gotta have money.

Bare minerals makeup has at least one of the phrases they use trademarked.

I knew they were the ultra sue happy type. What happens if there is somebody out in the world with the same name who sells exclusive handcratfed things, then what? Are they going to sue them as well?
They are so full of hot air. We all will be sued next probably. Over usage of Caylee's name.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alblake
Back