Anthonys Seek Private Jail Visit With Casey

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As I understand it the As are asking for a video meeting that will not be released. But can it be used as evidence if it is not released?

There are three possibilities for this meeting-

#1- To have a memorial service for Caylee. No discussion, just some prayers.

#2- To give the As an opportunity to tell Casey that they know she murdered Caylee and that they love her anyway- and to encourage her to tell the truth and try to avoid the DP.

#3- To convey that they have her back and prevent her from admitting guilt. Encourage her to keep her mouth closed.

So here's the way I see it.

If the motive is #1 A simple service with no real conversation will not be damning to Casey's case or image. Who cares if it's released?

If the motive is #2 that they want to encourage Casey to come clean that means that they know she murdered their granddaughter. If that is the case, if they truly have that knowledge, they should want justice for Caylee. And they would not care if the public knew that they believed that Casey did this. They would sincerely want to get to the truth and work on saving Casey's life and encourage her to repent.

If the motive is #3 and the video is released, they will be villified even more than they are now.

So I can only deduce that their true reason for wanting the visit kept private is so they are not further villified by the press when they put their support behind Casey and continue to believe and feed her lies- and silence.

I have my doubts that KC would want anything to do with a Memorial service. And considering that the A family went against her wishes (public service, cremation) I can only see a confrontation.

MOO

IMO-It's NOT the media's fault that every aspect of this case is twisted, sick, weird and bizzarre! No, the players have made sure that's so. The media's just "reporting the facts". This family has brought about every single ounce of scrutiney that they've received. Place the blame where it really lies! JMHO.

I agree with most of what you said. It does go miles beyond "just reporting the facts". Some of the major media players report their opinions as fact. NG is able to create drama where none exists. LP states facts as facts and his opinion as facts.

I do feel that 95% of the weirdness has been perpetrated by people whose last name begins with A.

I also know that the media has exploited this for ratings.

I am grateful to NG for the updates, bombshells, and actual reporting of facts.

Cindy and George have hardly been seen since Caylee's little remains were recovered

I don't think they are trying to get air time at all

I think they *were* when they believed caylee was missing

You are correct. Now if they can just get BC to stop holding a presser 3 times a week to try and keep them in the public eye. They can also stop trying to promote KFN at every turn. We all realize they are hoping donations will be their future employment.

IMHO, they have not believed Caylee was alive since 7-15-08. They are both educated in what they smelled. The smell they smelled is not possibly mistaken for something else.

My heart goes out to you and yours in the loss of your countrymen to the big fires.

IMO-It's NOT the media's fault that every aspect of this case is twisted, sick, weird and bizzarre! No, the players have made sure that's so. The media's just "reporting the facts". This family has brought about every single ounce of scrutiney that they've received. Place the blame where it really lies! JMHO.

eh, i've seen the media make up stuff just to get things a little more exciting. but even if they hadn't bothered doing it that way, this case takes on a surrealistic nature that even the best authors couldn't come up with on their own.

I don't really believe that they want to go through a trial and let more dirty laundry out there. Would you??

I am still so suspicious of those 31 days and the effect of the Kidnapping theme, bailing her out, and how that dampened the reality of the so slim likelihood that Caylee was alive.

It could get worse for the family and if they are going to go the route of kidfinders, they don't need more problems.

time to bail out.

i "absolutely" agree they do not want a trial that will air their dirty laundry. that is the ONE thing they are all united on, imo. secrets are and always will be huge for the anthony's. like a mexican standoff, right now it's all about who is aiming their gun at whom....and who is going to flinch first.
the anthony's are seeking this audience with casey. it isn't the other way around. they want it to find out where the shot is going to come from. they're nervous about what she will say and because they've all gotten so good at being casey's "victims" over the years, they also think that people will rather believe them than her, but just so long as they know what secrets she will reveal. not knowing, their anxiety is kicking in, big time.

Truthfully I feel that if Casey were ever going to tell her parents and Lee anything to try and soothe their hurt over losing Caylee, she could have done so in the privacy of her own home when she was out on bail. To hurt them further, I feel she will never tell them what happened. By not helping her family, this leaves Casey with the upper hand as far as she is concerned. JMO

i don't think she will tell them, either. i think she's got only this as her last card to get out from under the sick dynamic of the family that has led them all to this place they find themselves today. and the sick dynamic lives on, feeding upon itself until they are all truly devoured by it.

As I understand it the As are asking for a video meeting that will not be released. But can it be used as evidence if it is not released?

#2- To give the As an opportunity to tell Casey that they know she murdered Caylee and that they love her anyway- and to encourage her to tell the truth and try to avoid the DP.

#3- To convey that they have her back and prevent her from admitting guilt. Encourage her to keep her mouth closed.

If the motive is #1 A simple service with no real conversation will not be damning to Casey's case or image. Who cares if it's released?

If the motive is #2 that they want to encourage Casey to come clean that means that they know she murdered their granddaughter. If that is the case, if they truly have that knowledge, they should want justice for Caylee. And they would not care if the public knew that they believed that Casey did this. They would sincerely want to get to the truth and work on saving Casey's life and encourage her to repent.

If the motive is #3 and the video is released, they will be villified even more than they are now.

So I can only deduce that their true reason for wanting the visit kept private is so they are not further villified by the press when they put their support behind Casey and continue to believe and feed her lies- and silence.

Nice, succinct summary. Wonderful reasoning! I can't think of any other way to argue this. For me it really does come down to what do the As have to hide, because for people who insist that they want privacy, they've bled their private thoughts and feelings all over the media for months.

i "absolutely" agree they do not want a trial that will air their dirty laundry. that is the ONE thing they are all united on, imo. secrets are and always will be huge for the anthony's. like a mexican standoff, right now it's all about who is aiming their gun at whom....and who is going to flinch first.
the anthony's are seeking this audience with casey. it isn't the other way around. they want it to find out where the shot is going to come from. they're nervous about what she will say and because they've all gotten so good at being casey's "victims" over the years, they also think that people will rather believe them than her, but just so long as they know what secrets she will reveal. not knowing, their anxiety is kicking in, big time.

Interesting theory. It fits with the idea of the continuous power struggle between Cindy and the perp. This suggests that the perp is holding all the cards and all the power right now. Ball is totally in her court. You could be right. And it fits with Baez's announcement of the perp's displeasure at the memorial. Maybe that's why the memorial became more of a perp rally.

Brad Conway, the Anthonys attorney, said the family realizes the video session with Casey Anthony would have to be monitored by jail staff but they do not want a video of it released.

It looks like they just don't want the video released to the public to be viewed and discussed on Nancy Grace - I think it is fine as long as there is someone there monitoring it - maybe someone from the Sheriff's office.

It is obvious that other inmate video visits are not released to the media or public, but because this is the CASEY ANTHONY CASE (sorta like the Catalina Wine Mixer) - it is a big deal and the media wants to get their hands on the emotional visit to dissect and tear a part.

I say give them their privacy.

Interesting theory. It fits with the idea of the continuous power struggle between Cindy and the perp. This suggests that the perp is holding all the cards and all the power right now. Ball is totally in her court. You could be right. And it fits with Baez's announcement of the perp's displeasure at the memorial. Maybe that's why the memorial became more of a perp rally.

Perp Rally:Jumpie::Jumpie::Jumpie:

Not only do the A's want to try to convince KC to confess so that they will know the "truth" and spare the family from having to go through a trial, but they are also being pressured to talk to LE and are afraid that their own lies are getting them in legal trouble.

Just like them to beg KC for the truth so that their own possible legal troubles go away. They only began to be quiet once LE put the pressure on them about their own "mistruths". Now it will be interesting to see who can outmanipulate who, KC or CA. Then throw in LA,GA and JB.

The battle is on.

I'm personally not interested in hearing the A's taped conversation with the perp, now or ever. I believe it will be the same old conversations we have previously heard-nothing substaintally of value but rambling's of I love you, sweet heart, "the family" , keep strong and so forth and so forth and so forth and so forth, okay I'll quit -that in my humble opinion has caused this great underlying interest in the first place to this bizarre messed up case. Just had to say this and it is my opionion only.

It may be totally reasonable but Florida is not going to ignore the sunshine laws for this visit.

http://www.myfloridalegal.com/sun.nsf/manual/A342F688127D5AFD852566F30055F8C8

Here's a snippet from the above link (about halfway down the page):

Closure in criminal proceedings is acceptable only when:

1) it is necessary to prevent a serious and imminent threat to the administration of justice;
2) no alternatives are available, other than change of venue, which would protect the defendant's right to a fair trial; and
3) closure would be effective in protecting the defendant's rights without being broader than necessary to accomplish that purpose.

And see, Bundy v. State, 455 So. 2d 330, 339 (Fla. 1984), noting that the trial court properly used a combination of alternative remedies for possible prejudicial effects of pretrial publicity instead of barring public access to pretrial proceedings.

Note that 2 and 3 above is an AND situation and not OR. Both 2 and 3 are necessary for closure to the law.
"closure in criminal proceedings"

I'm not from FL and not familiar with the details of the Sunshine Law but this is the part (well one of the parts) that confuses me. According to the quote used, it says in "criminal proceedings" - isn't that a reference to hearings, trials, etc. So how does a visit become a "criminal proceeding" and therefore subject to release to the press?

Hulk Hogan's son.

If Florida Sunshine laws violate Florida inmate rights to privacy, the Sunshine laws have to be changed.

But, in the meantime, the same rules need to apply to ALL.

JMO

Miranda does apply to people in custody at all stages, right?

I was under the impression (and I’m willing to admit I’m wrong if I am!) that prisoners do not have a right to privacy unless meeting with their attorney or spiritual adviser. If Miranda applies to all stages of custody, then anything you say to anyone while in jail, prison, or LE custody and will be used against you in a court of law. And in that case, communication has to remain confidential… -communication-. So why does Casey get to look at anything on Baez’s laptop? Is he typing rather than talking to her? Why is the air card okay? What communications are they having that require internet access? I’m mostly curious about those things. Their ‘hugs’ certainly weren’t considered confidential communication.

I don’t really care if I see the video. But the visit needs to be taped, and if applicable under the sunshine laws, released, simply because these people are constantly trying to get special consideration, when there’s no reason to give it to them. They aren’t entitled to special treatment just because their faces are splashed all over the news, in fact they put themselves there in the first place!

I can’t be cool with the A’s receiving any special consideration just because ‘they don’t want’ something. That’s the only reason being given here. They don’t want the tape released because they’re sick of the media… they don’t want people studying the tapes and drawing conclusions from them… they don’t want their personal business thrown all over the internet… whatever it is, it’s about what –they- want, not what they’re entitled to under the law. If they want to visit their daughter, they can do it with the same restrictions that every other prisoner has. She –is- an adult, after all.

If the Anthonys are so desperate for privacy, maybe they should remember Cindy raising her hand in court to be assured that her rights to go to the media would be protected, either way the hearing concluded on the gag order.

:twocents:

"closure in criminal proceedings"

I'm not from FL and not familiar with the details of the Sunshine Law but this is the part (well one of the parts) that confuses me. According to the quote used, it says in "criminal proceedings" - isn't that a reference to hearings, trials, etc. So how does a visit become a "criminal proceeding" and therefore subject to release to the press?

typically when someone visits a perp in jail, that person has a past relationship with the perp. in many cases, a co-conspirator visits. in other cases, people who the perp is known to have close relationships with visit. these people are often who the perp would confide in if given the option. these visits become "transactional" in that information could be passed from one party to the other. it is sad, but true. in the case of the anthony's, it is also very likely. (that last little bit isn't probably part of the law, though. i guess that goes into the "my opinion" category.)

If the intention is number 2, and I can hope for that, I don't think Casey will accept the private meeting. It will be like George showing up and her denying to see him. She is under the arms of Baez, he is her new man, and Baez has total control. He has isolated her and frankly I don't think he cares whether she is convicted or not. He just wants this to last as long as possible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoTX local
Back