Anything New?????

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has probably been discussed already, but I read on another forum that Kate said that she has no problem sleeping. I don't understand why on earth anyone whether guilty or totally innocent would some of the remarks that the McCanns just seem to blurt out. For doctors, they sure don't seem very intelligent or know how to communicate in the appropriate way for the situation. I'm wondering if there is some mental illness or depression involved and they just don't give a crap what they say.

Some of their responses, actions, and behavior, both on the night of the supposed abduction, and many times since, lead me to believe that Kate and Gerry are drug abusers.

You would be surprised how many doctors have this problem. Dentists and nurses, too. The drugs are always accessible, and are a great temptation to some.

Some of their responses, actions, and behavior, both on the night of the supposed abduction, and many times since, lead me to believe that Kate and Gerry are drug abusers.

You would be surprised how many doctors have this problem. Dentists and nurses, too. The drugs are always accessible, and are a great temptation to some.

Yep...Kate usually has that Anna Nichole space cadet look/sound to her...

Just recently one of our local Doctors just got his licence back, after being suspended for years because of drug abuse. He is still on narcotics probation and cannot prescribe them. He was addicted to morphine and other heavy duty pain killers. When he went to rehab, it was for Doctors only....and there was a waiting list to get in.

This has probably been discussed already, but I read on another forum that Kate said that she has no problem sleeping. I don't understand why on earth anyone whether guilty or totally innocent would some of the remarks that the McCanns just seem to blurt out. For doctors, they sure don't seem very intelligent or know how to communicate in the appropriate way for the situation. I'm wondering if there is some mental illness or depression involved and they just don't give a crap what they say.

I remember seeing her say that, and her response was very matter of fact, you could say perhaps defensive, but very definite and certain.

She definitely did not come across as depressed in any way. Her answer was very dismissive of the question, if I had to pick one word that described it.

I just can't imagine Kate even answering a question about whether or not she sleeps well, because she should be on the defensive and very aware and cautious.

I just can't recall a case with so many IMO strange comments by parents of a missing child. IMO the McCanns possess an arrogant attitude, meaning your last inference that they don't listen to others may be correct.

psssssst the Ramsey's....weirdest comments and actions of any case I've followed in 15 years.

SISTERS TELL POLICE: WE SAW MURAT NEAR THE APARTMENT

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/29716/Sisters-tell-police-We-saw-Murat-near-the-apartment

The sisters say Murat was outside the Ocean Club complex half an hour after the girl was reported missing from her family’s holiday flat there on the night of May 3.

They bring to eight the total number of witnesses to contradict Murat’s claim that he had spent all that evening at home with his mother.

Yes, but several of the witnesses are from the Tapas group. If the culprit was Murat, why wasn't he recognized as Bundleman?

From the above link:

Mrs Jensen told police she thought Murat’s behaviour was strange, and her suspicions were further aroused when he said he needed to change his clothes because he had been wearing the same outfit all day.

This seemed odd because she had seen him wearing a different shirt and trousers just moments earlier, she said.

How does one change clothes in "moments"??? Where did he go to change so fast? This whole statement is bizarre.

Maybe it was just a different man who looked similar to Murat.

SISTERS TELL POLICE: WE SAW MURAT NEAR THE APARTMENT

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/29716/Sisters-tell-police-We-saw-Murat-near-the-apartment

The sisters say Murat was outside the Ocean Club complex half an hour after the girl was reported missing from her family’s holiday flat there on the night of May 3.

They bring to eight the total number of witnesses to contradict Murat’s claim that he had spent all that evening at home with his mother.

Quotes from link posted by April:

At around 10:30 that night they noticed a man standing and smoking a cigarette in the reception area...skip.....and later invited him to join them and a friend for a drink.

Weird, they saw this man standing alone, (in the dark at 10:30pm) in a reception area smoking a cigarette AFTER Kate sounded the alarm. And later asked this man, whom they had never met before, in a foreign country full of rapist and paedophiles to have a drink with them??? So he told them he had to change clothes first, but moments before he was wearing different clothes? (did they black out for a few "moments") So did they tell him...no thanks we won't wait...or did they say, okay we'll wait and then have a drink with him? They fail to mention that part. How many 50 yr old women ask strang men to have a drink with them that late in the evening unless they are bombed already. GIVE ME A BREAK

They decided to contact Metodo 3, the private detective agency hired by Madeleine’s parents Kate and Gerry, to flag up their concerns again. A source close to the investigation said: “We are extremely grateful to them for getting the information to us.

Hummm, how convenient they contacted Metodo 3...(8 months later)why not the original source they "supposedly" contacted....

Get ready, here is the clincher...

“They had made efforts to get their story into the official chain. But they felt nothing was being done.” The source said the pair, who had been in the same tennis group as Gerry McCann, were not interviewed in Portugal because they had not stayed in the same part of the complex as the McCanns.

SO WHY WHERE THEY HANGING AROUND THE McCanns apt? Why

I read the article three times just to try and understand what it is saying. It doesn't say that the smoking man wanted to change clothes the night of Madeline's disappearance. It says the women saw a man smoking in the reception area that night. The following day the sisters went to report the two suspicious men on the balcony to police and Murat then appeared wearing t shirt jeans and acted as translator. I took it to mean that is when Murat said he had to go change, but the sisters had seen him only moments before wearing different clothes. It does not say where they thought they had seen him. Either this article or those sisters are really confused.

This just sounds like another red herring "sighting" to me. :(

My, my - there were so many people just walking around that night! Did these sisters run into any of the Tapas Nine as they were "checking"?

Could it be that this "sighting" was never followed up becuase it is completly idiotic?? Unless I am not reading the article correctly it makes no sense to me. I swear it says they took murat with them to act as translator to say they were suspicious of him being the guy they saw or they thought could be involved with maddie's dissapearance. Then they asked Murat who they are pointing a finger at and used as a translator to go out for drinks??????? Oh and apparently Murat changles clothes like a chamelon changes colors. What kind of cocamany sighting is this?

mjak

This just sounds like another red herring "sighting" to me. :(

My, my - there were so many people just walking around that night! Did these sisters run into any of the Tapas Nine as they were "checking"?

Several people in this case have achieved their 15 minutes of fame.

I read the article three times just to try and understand what it is saying. It doesn't say that the smoking man wanted to change clothes the night of Madeline's disappearance. It says the women saw a man smoking in the reception area that night. The following day the sisters went to report the two suspicious men on the balcony to police and Murat then appeared wearing t shirt jeans and acted as translator. I took it to mean that is when Murat said he had to go change, but the sisters had seen him only moments before wearing different clothes. It does not say where they thought they had seen him. Either this article or those sisters are really confused.

You could be right, It is so confusing, that I interpreted it as they saw him in different clothes twice. That evening and the next day...That still leaves the BIG question though...If they thought he was acting SO STRANGELY that they reported it to the police, (and later the Metodo 3) Why in the world did they invite him for a drink??? And did they go? Apparently he said he would after he changed his clothes. So did they drink together???

You could be right, It is so confusing, that I interpreted it as they saw him in different clothes twice. That evening and the next day...That still leaves the BIG question though...If they thought he was acting SO STRANGELY that they reported it to the police, (and later the Metodo 3) Why in the world did they invite him for a drink??? And did they go? Apparently he said he would after he changed his clothes. So did they drink together???

A little more info from the sisters.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/...t+they+saw+on+the+day+she+vanished/article.do

I have no idea if Murat is guilty of anything but it isn't just McCann friends who say they saw him that night.
Besides the sisters this article also mentions two other witnesses.

A little more info from the sisters.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/...t+they+saw+on+the+day+she+vanished/article.do

I have no idea if Murat is guilty of anything but it isn't just McCann friends who say they saw him that night.
Besides the sisters this article also mentions two other witnesses.

"Being there" and "Being guilty" are two totally different things. Maybe it is a case of mistaken identity, since they never knew Murat before or after that?

Or maybe it just didn't happen and they think they are "helping" by putting the blame on Murat?

"Being there" and "Being guilty" are two totally different things. Maybe it is a case of mistaken identity, since they never knew Murat before or after that?

Or maybe it just didn't happen and they think they are "helping" by putting the blame on Murat?
I agree Thoughtfox, many possibilities here. Including them being right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member