April 15th wknd of Sleuthing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this thread a safe place to be? I was out all day, and after catching up on posts, good grief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the defense has a mole.

But I can't wait to catch up on today's testimony this weekend. Sounds like it was some good stuff!

It was good but for me it was frustrating to watch. I'm referring specifically to the cross. It was very painful.

I like him. He's cool, calm, sure of himself, unruffleable. Is that a word? If my loved one was missiing, I'd want him on the case. I loved it when he said, "I'm a detective, it's my job.' something like that. :blowkiss:

It should be a word, if not.

I didn't feel that from him. I felt he was annoyed, a little cocky (maybe rightfully so, maybe not) but I got the impression he was pulling the spot on pros, no show defense thing. (Memory lapses, which I always think is an amateur thing in people, but in COPS? Detectives? Come on)

It was good but for me it was frustrating to watch. I'm referring specifically to the cross. It was very painful.

That's what it sounds like. Do you know if the defense is done?

Sounds like da judge was getting antsy!

I didn't feel that from him. I felt he was annoyed, a little cocky (maybe rightfully so, maybe not) but I got the impression he was pulling the spot on pros, no show defense thing. (Memory lapses, which I always think is an amateur thing in people, but in COPS? Detectives? Come on)

I only heard about 1 hour of his testimony today.. but I felt as though he was NOT going to let Kurtz trip him up, he was being careful and smart about answering.. I think he as excellent.

Well can you tell us so we can go to the replay?

Trying to find it. It's regarding smart phones. It was worded the same as Young. I am nearly positive. The impression I got was that they were trying to downplay the cell phone stuff, but couldn't downplay it TOO much because the blackjack was the likely tool for the alibi. Totally weird.

JTF< I wonder if the whole race thing will hurt the Pros in this case. I wondered if the whole Nancy's white thing and the money stuff would hurt as well.

The jury profile is interesting.
It is said AMs are often very suspicious of cops and often don't trust them.
Age old debate, but it is generally true, i'm told.
Hard to say how this jury will react to the desperate Cary housewife clique?

The jury profile is interesting.
It is said AMs are often very suspicious of cops and often don't trust them.
Age old debate, but it is generally true, i'm told.
Hard to say how htis jury will react to the desperate Cary housewife clique?

I was wondering if Kurtz was ruffling up DD for that purpose? Maybe to make him seem more arrogant than he was to play them?

Here's the thing: The witness knows what the prosecution is going to ask. He's a prosecution witness. He comes prepared. He might have an idea what the defense is going to ask but he doesn't know, especially when the defense asks questions about someone elses documents that the witness doesn't have with him.

I would expect to see the same sort of "memory lapses" during the prosecution cross when the defense presents their case.

And the scratches became "rub marks". My mind went, she paused the strangulation long enough to rub his neck? (Those marks could have come from the kids if there were no blood indications)

I like him a lot. Seems like a lot of women did also. There are 10 woman on the jury if I remember correctly. As far as the race being brought up.....I'll lurk for that conversation. :nono:

Here's the thing: The witness knows what the prosecution is going to ask. He's a prosecution witness. He comes prepared. He might have an idea what the defense is going to ask but he doesn't know, especially when the defense asks questions about someone elses documents that the witness doesn't have with him.

I would expect to see the same sort of "memory lapses" during the prosecution cross when the defense presents their case.

I know, but he took the last of it to a whole new level by directly asking for the supplements in a way that was as condescending to Kurtz. He should have stuck to "rise above" (And he did for a long while)

I was wondering if Kurtz was ruffling up DD for that purpose? Maybe to make him seem more arrogant than he was to play them?

He was going to attack who ever was up there, even if it was Andy Taylor.
DD needs to take a deep breath Monday AM and realize Kurtz is just annoying period.

Not being racist, Lori, I promise, but I believe it could be a factor here.

Why? Okay, maybe not JUST race, but socio-eco AND foreigner status.

I think the fact that she was Canadian and seemingly well-off (even though mismanaged) could play poorly with them.

Thank goodness the live testimony is back again. this was a rough week. Love this detective too. He's a keeper.

Ditto that, glee!

I was just thinkin' about him and was about to find his "summation," just to hear the beauty of it again. Treat myself -- but I saw CA's new page, so here I am.

Big day.

He was going to attack who ever was up there, even if it was Andy Taylor.
DD needs to take a deep breath Monday AM and realize Kurtz is just annoying period.

No kidding. I would go bonkers with him talking to me that whole time. I'd probably ask for the steno mask and ask Kurtz to wear it and see if I could tone down the pitch.

And the scratches became "rub marks". My mind went, she paused the strangulation long enough to rub his neck? (Those marks could have come from the kids if there were no blood indications)

To be honest, when Kurtz and Blum still had that website up and they had pictures that they took of Brad's neck I thought, "I don't know if that's helping them. It looks like red marks to me in the picture." Definitely not scratches but red marks. Almost like he might have been rubbing his own neck. They were lower toward the shoulder. (Think about simulating a frustrated or nervous "rubbing" of your own neck and see where your hand goes.)

It frustrates me that Cary PD has not been more direct with Kurtz. They could have chosen to do so, come across as much more frank and less silly in a few instances.

I was pizzed no pics, but now I know it was understandable on 7-12.
If they pressed, he would have clammed up.

Kids?
More like 3 surface abrasions from Nancy's dying fingers?

BTW, anyone know if she had Lee press-on nails?

Well I liked him. Ya'll can have your McDreamy, I'll take the big ole' teddy bear.

:therethere:

:cheer:

:Banane57:

What's with all the bananas?

:sponge:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors