April 15th wknd of Sleuthing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My search and scroll to get to Fielding Dr. matched how the fbi expert described it. The map point started at Kildare Farm Rd. Then I had to scroll to the right to see the Fielding Dr area. To see it I had to zoom in several times. There is no mistaking those actions. You don't have to search for Fielding Dr to have the map eventually display Fielding Dr. The zooming in changes the tiles just as the FBI guy said. These are sequential steps. Brad Cooper scrolled and zoomed that map right down into the area his wife's body was dumped the next day. No mistake about it.

Same here, '74. Kildaire F. Road slices the map almost exactly in half, left (west) to right (east). The area "Lochridge" is pretty close to dead center. And yes, to get Fielding Drive to show, you would have to zoom in a bit. And again I will say that googling by ZIP includes a much bigger area that just that single 27518 area. It goes from Apex to Garner!

Carry on....i'm out to enjoy the beautiful day.
:seeya:

Yes, it was a beautiful day today! The calm after the storm. Hubby & I did some gardening. Planted a tree, and some butterfly & hummingbird shrubs. :seeya::seeya:

For all of those people that do not believe that Brad is guilty...do you believe that he did in fact have motive, means and opportunity and the 6:40 a.m. phone call is confusing things or do you not believe that he had a motive, the means or the opportunity. Just curious!!

I thought he was innocent until the google map testimony with the Fielding Drive zoom. If defense can't show that the time/date stamp could have been off, or some other logical explanation for it, he is guilty, IMO. The only thing that makes any sense to me is that he did that search to see where she was found *after* she was found. I don't believe he would do that search the night before premeditated murder if we are to believe he was changing routers, setting up the spoofed call, setting up a non-Cisco IT Managed network(since they couldn't find any such call), etc. Too careful and methodical to make such a stupid mistake.

Do I believe he had motive? No.
I think he knew the separation draft was just that - a draft. I don't believe he wanted to raise the kids on his own. I don't even believe he hated her. She only started trashing him in the few months before the murder and a big part of that was to help her custody/divorce case.

Opportunity/Means : Yes.

I sure hope not, but there may be a very valid reason to do so with all of the damages in the area. I hope all of the jurors are safe and their homes not destroyed.

My heart just goes out to all residents of the areas affected by these monster storms!

BTW...living in CA, I have no idea what the jurisdiction of the trial court is. Can anyone explain its (the courts) area...such a city court jurisdiction, local district , or ???? (Is it a city of Cary court?)

I'm not sure I'm asking this in a comprehensible way...:confused::dunno:

BTW...living in CA, I have no idea what the jurisdiction of the trial court is. Can anyone explain its (the courts) area...such a city court jurisdiction, local district , or ???? (Is it a city of Cary court?)

I'm not sure I'm asking this in a comprehensible way...:confused::dunno:

Courts are set up by county, so this case is in Wake County and the courthouse is in Raleigh.

If I'm interpreting your question correctly...It is Wake County Courts...as Cary in in Wake County.

On the Google map - I did it the day they found her body. The satellite pics only showed woods where the body was dumped, with animation of the street overlayed. So - we all know Google map pics can be months or years old. That was a brand new section of the subdivision. If he was looking for a dump location, Google maps was not his tool. It only showed the older existing homes.

Google Earth is not the same program as Google Maps. However if you use G Earth and use the History button on the top toolbar you can scroll back to June 2007 and see an aerial view that shows the dump site. The roads were cut in by at least October 2005. A very useful tool.

So it seems that in 41 seconds, he was to have done the following:

1. Sign on to Google maps
2. Do two searches:
a. 27518
b. Greenstone Lane
3. Caused the geographical center of 27518 to be Fielding Dr
4. But, at the same time go to 27518 and then scroll right to find Fielding Drive althought a search on 27518 brings you to the center of your search
5. Spend one minute (60 seconds) on hovering over and zooming in on Fielding Drive allowing the computer to create temporary files - althought he was only on site for 41 seconds and allegedly did two searchs

BC did magic that day.

BBM - He did even more magic the next day -- he made his wife disappear. :(

For all of those people that do not believe that Brad is guilty...do you believe that he did in fact have motive, means and opportunity and the 6:40 a.m. phone call is confusing things or do you not believe that he had a motive, the means or the opportunity. Just curious!!

Interesting question, which I will try to answer in two parts:

First, guilt or innocence is decided by a jury, not me or you nor any of the clan that 15 minutes after NC's body was found were proclaiming BC guilty as a matter of fact.

So I do not believe BC is guilty; only because I believe in innocence until guilt is proven in a court of law. And all trials have two parts: The prosecutions case in chief, and then the defense presents it's case. We have not even come to end of part one.

The Prosecution in the Cooper case, has done a fair job, so far, in presenting a reasonable thesis that BC had the motive, and means to commit this crime.

Opportunity on the other hand, is the weakest part of the state case. They have not fully explained, to my satisfaction (which really does not matter) the 6:40 AM phone call. Nor have they proven he had the equipment on the morning of July 12th. Plus he would have to dispose of a computer (server), and pizza box size router (with VOX card inside) in broad daylight while he was driving his kids around town, on the afternoon of the 12th.

So yes, the 6:40 am call is significant impediment if the goal is a guilty verdict. Whether that outweighs the substantial circumstantial evidence the state has assembled remains to be seen.

But the defense has not yet presented evidence, and they are not Brady bound, so they may have a surprise or two of their own.

If the defense is not effective in explaining away the Google search I would not at all be surprised, nor displeased, to hear a guilty verdict.

I thought he was innocent until the google map testimony with the Fielding Drive zoom. If defense can't show that the time/date stamp could have been off, or some other logical explanation for it, he is guilty, IMO. The only thing that makes any sense to me is that he did that search to see where she was found *after* she was found. I don't believe he would do that search the night before premeditated murder if we are to believe he was changing routers, setting up the spoofed call, setting up a non-Cisco IT Managed network(since they couldn't find any such call), etc. Too careful and methodical to make such a stupid mistake.

Do I believe he had motive? No.
I think he knew the separation draft was just that - a draft. I don't believe he wanted to raise the kids on his own. I don't even believe he hated her. She only started trashing him in the few months before the murder and a big part of that was to help her custody/divorce case.

Opportunity/Means : Yes.

BBM

The Google search was done at 1:14-1:15 pm. on Friday afternoon July 11. BC and work buddies left for lunch at about 1:25 pm. The timestamps were not tampered with according to Det. C., and in any event the cookies for this google search were not among those 690 invalid timestamps

I take the meaning of opportunity as "did the defendant have proximity and was he alone with the victim in order to commit this crime." And the answer to that is yes he did. From the time that Nancy got home somewhere around 12:15am - 12:30am until 7am the next morning, the defendant had the opportunity and proximity to do something to her. So motive, means, and opportunity were all established.

Can someone firmly on the guilty side give me an idea of why Nancy was found only in a sports bra? Are we thinking she was still in the dress from the party when she died or what?

BBM

The Google search was done at 1:14-1:15 pm. on Friday afternoon July 11. BC and work buddies left for lunch at about 1:25 pm. The timestamps were not tampered with according to Det. C., and in any event the cookies for this google search were not among those 690 invalid timestamps

Since there have been questions about the time stamps, I want more confirmation than this. Maybe they can bring someone in from Google, I don't know but I don't think we've heard the end of this yet.

Google Earth is not the same program as Google Maps. However if you use G Earth and use the History button on the top toolbar you can scroll back to June 2007 and see an aerial view that shows the dump site. The roads were cut in by at least October 2005. A very useful tool.

The subdivision was cut in in phases. The end of Fielding Dr. where Brittabby Ct is was not cut in at that time. No deed transfers are recorded in that back section prior to the fall of 2008. I'll look up subdivision approvals next to convince you.

The subdivision was cut in in phases. The end of Fielding Dr. where Brittabby Ct is was not cut in at that time. No deed transfers are recorded in that back section prior to the fall of 2008. I'll look up subdivision approvals next to convince you.

I don't need convincing, thank you though. I just checked G Earth this evening. Brittaby Ct was cut in at that time. It was not developed at all, but there were dirt roads cut in. Check it out.

I don't need convincing, thank you though. I just checked G Earth this evening. Brittaby Ct was cut in at that time. It was not developed at all, but there were dirt roads cut in. Check it out.

There is misinformation in google earth on this. Hence the reason the search could not be recreated and the images not introduced in court.

You are BOTH right, but with regards to this case, it couldn't be used. The detective stated it could not be reproduced accurately.

Without getting technical, Google Maps is already delayed (not an active aerial shot) by the time it gets online, but not by any known formula, rather by availability.

Google may be in the mix (based on the search warrants) as a witness, but I honestly think DD will pretty much wrap it up.

There is misinformation in google earth on this. Hence the reason the search could not be recreated and the images not introduced in court.

You are BOTH right, but with regards to this case, it couldn't be used. The detective stated it could not be reproduced accurately.

Without getting technical, Google Maps is already delayed (not an active aerial shot) by the time it gets online, but not by any known formula, rather by availability.

Google may be in the mix (based on the search warrants) as a witness, but I honestly think DD will pretty much wrap it up.

I was actually thinking Defense would have Google as a witness?

We have heard that there were undeniable time stamp errors on the drive. I don't know what caused them, but they exist. That's not in dispute.

I believe the google witness will testify that the google server records indicate the search took place on the 14th, after the body was discovered. And I believe that the CPD decided to use Brad's laptop to see where the body was found in relation to the Cooper house.

I don't think they intentionally changed the date to incriminate him, but thought there was no harm in using his laptop for a quick search. Maybe how to get from the Cooper house to the body dump site? But since accessing the computer after seizure was a No-No, they clammed up. After all, Det. McDreamy did farkle the NC BB and did not admit his fark until 11 months later.

Somebody who is a timeline expert please find the date/time when CPD took custody of the computer. I think it's before the discovery.

b.

OMG, are you serious?
CPD thought... "there was no harm in using his laptop for a quick search. Maybe how to get from the Cooper house to the body dump site?"
:pullhair:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member