April 8th wknd of Sleuthing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of southerners do like duck. I for one, do not. Anyway, what were the ducks on the refrigerator? Were they different ones? I have seen several explanations.

Not sure where all of the chatter started about this being the dress in the first place? Was there any testimony at all?

It's been awhile since I listened to this testimony, but, IIRC, DD testified she was on the phone with DT and asked her about the dress (after she had been over to help hunt for it). DT asked her husband, RT, what he remembered about the color of the dress (while she was on the phone with DD) and he said "green." DD then passed the information along to the CPD.

At least that's the way I remember it so I'm gonna MOO it.

Such drama, having to type out the word "sigh", lol.

Why is it that only BDI it folks are snarky? Pretty interesting.

Okay, so now he set up a managed call center too? Oooookay then. The police must have found some record of that, no?

And did he set up this non-Cisco call center that morning too? Seems he went to a huge amount of trouble to set up this call as an alibi. Little did he know, no one would believe him. He should have thought "I'm a VOIP engineer. People will never believe that was a real phone call."

Until I see evidence to the contrary, Nancy called him that morning.

Sigh.

Could he have set it up prior to that morning? When did he acquire the FXO? Just askin'.......

Brad went home with milk, then he says he was asked by NC to go back to the store for detergent. It was on this trip he was called to get juice also. Most Canadians I know take off shoes at the door. So, it wouldn't surprise me that he would return to the store with a different pair. Nothing there out of the ordinary.

Except those shoes we first saw went poof.:cool:

I think it may have just been a relocation since the house is empty and their new address is in California. Bet they get a lot of traffic on that street though!

Does anyone know what became of the Cooper house? I wonder if a family lives in it now? In NC, is it required to diviluge if someone was murdered in a house prior to selling it? Just curious?

Thanks for that info.
And he also had the FXO card and router installed in his home at least until April 2008. No record of returning to Cisco, so where is it?

Second verse,
same as the first,
In the landfill with BC's & NC's shoes, the :rubberducky::rubberducky: , the sticks, etc.

Except those shoes we first saw went poof.:cool:

Well, with everything else going on, i wonder if CPD even looked for them. They could have been there but no one discovered them. I wouldn't put much weight on those shoes considering the clutter in the garage. I would put more weight on the evidence around phone call.

Oh, yes, I know that, but to those who just can't even consider in the teeniest, tiniest bit that perhaps he killed Nancy - then his butt was dumb and he was the unluckiest sob to ever walk the earth.

I know that you know, less, and you are so very kind to feel badly for BC. Poor unclucky guy, you're right -- he shouldn't have been so quick to take the call.

Does anyone know what became of the Cooper house? I wonder if a family lives in it now? In NC, is it required to diviluge if someone was murdered in a house prior to selling it? Just curious?

Same question came up when someone bought Jason Young's house.
Turns out it was a family from California that bought it in a short sale from the bank. A Realtor said there is no disclosure required in such a sale.

Well, with everything else going on, i wonder if CPD even looked for them. They could have been there but no one discovered them. I wouldn't put much weight on those shoes considering the clutter in the garage. I would put more weight on the evidence around phone call.

Yes, the cops have an inventory of the house contents and no, those shoes were not found. If they existed, dontcha think Kurtz would produce them to hush the chatter?

To me, the cell call evidence favors the state far more than Brad.

Det. Young said they did not look for them nor did they ask for them.

The house was bought 5-18-09 for $305,000.
Tax value is $335,000

Det. Young said they did not look for them nor did they ask for them.

He said he didn't see the video until after the house SW.

That does not mean they didn't try to find them.
Like i said, if the shoes are so innocent, why didn't Kurtz produce them when he knew the cops were looking for them?

Yes, the cops have an inventory of the house contents and no, those shoes were not found. If they existed, dontcha think Kurtz would produce them to hush the chatter?

To me, the cell call evidence favors the state far more than Brad.

I don't think the verdict is in on the cell call evidence. Right now, it is unclear that he himself made the call. He had the capability to set it up, but no one knows at this point. In regard to the shoes, I think that Young indicated they never looked for it and don't have them. Well, I am sure many things were thrown out in clearing the home. Those shoes might be one of them.

You are correct, the FBI data and interpretations of call logs have NOT been testified to. The Cisco witness only outlined 10 ways to do it. So that info will have to be applied to the AT&T data..and Puter data..

I seem to recall brad stated he got Nancy's call while in his car between the 2 HT trips..and had to go back due to Detergent request from Nancy at 640AM. Well, why couldnt Brad have initiated that call (within the Cisco system) to his homephone which was set to foreward to his IPhone..?? Of course he could, and I do believe I heard in testimony that such calls would indicate the forewarded call would indicate the homephone as the initiator of the call.

So All we need to hear to confirm that scenerio is his laptop data, AT&T data, and the Cisco system Manager configurations to have that call blown out of the water for Brad...I tend to think that is why Defense has worked so hard to deflect all this technical testimony...BUT we shall see..

BTW..I SURE HOPE I am around to hear the FBI testimony..:twocents:
My prediction is there is not testimony coming that will confirm how a call was made. If there is, then the prosecution picked an incredibly lame way to question the Cisco guy. He kept him up there for hours talking about all of these confusing, very technical ways of doing clever things with VoIP and call servers. I'm sure that the jurors were either about to fall asleep or have their heads explode.

If they have proof of which of the 10 ways he used to do it, they should have just focused on that way. Have the VoIP expert explain how it works, then show the data that proves that it was done. Instead, he treated the jurors to a smorgasbord of possible ways with no implication that they had any idea of which was used.

This isn't Christmas. You don't have to let the anticipation build.

I don't think the verdict is in on the cell call evidence. Right now, it is unclear that he himself made the call. He had the capability to set it up, but no one knows at this point. In regard to the shoes, I think that Young indicated they never looked for it and don't have them. Well, I am sure many things were thrown out in clearing the home. Those shoes might be one of them.

If the call evidence is unclear, then it could go either way, right?
The call serves as Brad's ironclad alibi......thxx, it is no longer.

The house contents were cleared to a storage warehouse, not the garbage.
I doubt a perfectly good pair of shoes he was wearing 7-12-08 would be tossed by Brad before then.

Something to think about and a need for clarification.

In the deposition BC mentioned that he recalls being at a red light when he received the call from NC at 6:40am and thus this would be Cary Parkway and Tryon Rd intersection. We know this call lasted 38 seconds. I recall that the def team is indicating that HT video shows BC walking into HT about 1 minute later. This is the part that I need to look into to verify the time that BC actually is seen entering HT the second time.

Today I did some driving tests. From that intersection where BC must have received the call I started a timer when I turned left onto Tryon Rd. The fastest time I achieved, with no stops at lights, was 2minutes 20 seconds to get to the HT parking lot. So did BC receive the call while he was stopped at the traffic light at the Cary Parkway and Tryon Rd intersection like he claims.

Also, I know it has been discussed before, but why would BC take this route on his second trip to HT. It seems that leaving his house the easiest and fastest way to get to HT would be to turn right onto Lochmere which intersects with Kildaire Farm Rd. A right hand turn onto KFR and then HT is up on the left.

I could be wrong, but I *thought* one of the streets was Kildare Farm??? Was it Cary Pkwy?

Same question came up when someone bought Jason Young's house.
Turns out it was a family from California that bought it in a short sale from the bank. A Realtor said there is no disclosure required in such a sale.

I'm surprised by this. I would think murder in a home would be an adverse material fact. Not doubting you, just surprised.

Perhaps the disclosure laws are different in NC?

Why does it have to be the light at Tryon and Cary Parkway? Why could it not be at the light on Tryon at the entrance to Waverly Place or the light at Tryon and Kildaire Farms?

Again, I thought he said the light at Kildaire Farm & Tryon Rd. I could be wrong, but that was the intersection I thought he said.

If the call evidence is unclear, then it could go either way, right?
The call serves as Brad's ironclad alibi......thxx, it is no longer.

The house contents were cleared to a storage warehouse, not the garbage.
I doubt a perfectly good pair of shoes he was wearing 7-12-08 would be tossed by Brad before then.

Well, I think your reasoning is rather skewed. If they can not prove that it was set up by Brad or through an automated program, then they have not proved that NC didn't make it. Therefore, the state has not proved beyond all doubt that she wasn't there and made the call. I think we should wait for further evidence before you can make such statements.

Well, again, the shoes are not really a concern to me. Now if they can produce them and they contain evidence, I will take note. Otherwise, we are speculating and wasting each other's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bunny1998#