April 8th wknd of Sleuthing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something to think about and a need for clarification.

In the deposition BC mentioned that he recalls being at a red light when he received the call from NC at 6:40am and thus this would be Cary Parkway and Tryon Rd intersection. We know this call lasted 38 seconds. I recall that the def team is indicating that HT video shows BC walking into HT about 1 minute later. This is the part that I need to look into to verify the time that BC actually is seen entering HT the second time.

Today I did some driving tests. From that intersection where BC must have received the call I started a timer when I turned left onto Tryon Rd. The fastest time I achieved, with no stops at lights, was 2minutes 20 seconds to get to the HT parking lot. So did BC receive the call while he was stopped at the traffic light at the Cary Parkway and Tryon Rd intersection like he claims.

Also, I know it has been discussed before, but why would BC take this route on his second trip to HT. It seems that leaving his house the easiest and fastest way to get to HT would be to turn right onto Lochmere which intersects with Kildaire Farm Rd. A right hand turn onto KFR and then HT is up on the left.

If we are going to look at things down to a minute's accuracy, did someone testify that it had been confirmed that the time-of-day for the AT&T cell network and for the HT video were synchronized in some way that day?

I honestly don't know the answer to that. Did someone testify to this?

Why does it have to be the light at Tryon and Cary Parkway? Why could it not be at the light on Tryon at the entrance to Waverly Place or the light at Tryon and Kildaire Farms?

Great point, I will now stand down on this issue. I am still curious to know why take the route that has so many left hand turns.

Yes he testified the kids like to throw their stuffed animals in it - he wanted to make it sound like it was usually empty and that the only thing in it was sometimes the kids put their toys or stuffed animals in the vase. And so that makes me suspicious of the wet stuffed animal in the bathroom. Coincidental, eh?

Yep, another one...I have wondered since the vase (as Krista described it) was first mentioned, if that's where NC threw up. BC said sometimes the older girl would put little stuffed animals in there. Why were those animals in the sink and wet? Oh how I wish CPD had had those animals tested... except that little stuffed animals would not look suspicious to anyone, I'm sure.

Usually empty, my toenail! -- Not when Krista was there on her last visit with NC.... but certainly after the 12th...BC was a regular White Tornado on his cleaning mission. MOO

Great point, I will now stand down on this issue. I am still curious to know why take the route that has so many left hand turns.

LOL. I am with you on the Left hand turns! The only thing I can think of is that maybe it is a more "fun" path? I know my husband likes to drive his car so he will pick a route based on fun factor if he is out running errands.

Yikes, I am not sure IF I should comment here as havent caught up on the rest of the thread..BUT that dress was video taped on July 16th 9AM being hanging over the lower laudry basket (they were piled ontop of each other), Now, Am I compuzed???:waitasec: I dont think the dress was even taken into evidence until the 16th of July?...

Capture.jpg

What date was this photo again?
Do we know for a fact this was the green dress?

6:25 data - Fact
6:25 seen on video using data on phone at HT - Fact
Agreed. Those are facts. Kind of redundant ones, but facts nonetheless. I fail to understand how those facts tell us anything about the 6:40 call.

If we are going to look at things down to a minute's accuracy, did someone testify that it had been confirmed that the time-of-day for the AT&T cell network and for the HT video were synchronized in some way that day?

I honestly don't know the answer to that. Did someone testify to this?

Yes,,,,, we know for a fact he used his cell data at 6:25 AM (At&T time)
And he was seen on video using the phone at 6:25AM (HT time)

Capture.jpg

What date was this photo again?
Do we know for a fact this was the green dress?

That photo was taken on the 12th. It's not been 100% identified as the dress. It may be simply because NC didn't own another dress that color.

Brad Cooper was known to do his laundry because Nancy refused to wash his clothes. From the looks of his bed linens, he probably went around with dirty underwear too.

She noticed All detergent at some point...so what?
I have noticed a certain brand in our home, but that is not to say my wife doesn't often buy another brand too.

I got a gander at those laundry appliances..front loading very UTD..I seem to recall such applicances have "ALL" included for these applicances, because you cannot use regular in large amts..as will overflow with suds/use less water...Have I have fallen for the advertisings?? Or is this true?..I personally still have the old fashion washer topload, and dryer front load...so cant say with certainty..But maybe All was the one used for along time by Nancy until she got put on a tight budget..Who knows??..Not a huge big deal for me :twocents:

Did anyone see the incident last week where the DA and Kurtz battled over the showing of portions of the tape that were supposed to be edited out. I was expecting a boxing glove bout between the two. I am surprised the judge didn't reprimand Cummins for that incident. In any case I am not convinced yet that BC murdered his wife, and part of my confusion lies with lack of proof and from some odd behavior with JA that was discussed earlier in this thread. I just came in a few minutes ago.

Agreed. Those are facts. Kind of redundant ones, but facts nonetheless. I fail to understand how those facts tell us anything about the 6:40 call.

Just goes to show he could have scheduled the 6:40 call with the Samsung.
Opportunity is the key word here.

That photo was taken on the 12th. It's not been 100% identified as the dress. It may be simply because NC didn't own another dress that color.

Not sure where all of the chatter started about this being the dress in the first place? Was there any testimony at all?

I got a gander at those laundry appliances..front loading very UTD..I seem to recall such applicances have "ALL" included for these applicances, because you cannot use regular in large amts..as will overflow with suds/use less water...Have I have fallen for the advertisings?? Or is this true?..I personally still have the old fashion washer topload, and dryer front load...so cant say with certainty..But maybe All was the one used for along time by Nancy until she got put on a tight budget..Who knows??..Not a huge big deal for me :twocents:

I have front loading and any HE (high efficient) detergent can be used. Tide HE is a great one, and it is the one I use. I think both are around same cost, but I don't know. I have used ALL before.

Not sure where all of the chatter started about this being the dress in the first place? Was there any testimony at all?

I thought both Detectives Young and Dismukes confirmed this as the dress? Young said he thought it was a shirt at first, but that he must not have picked it up.

Did anyone see the incident last week where the DA and Kurtz battled over the showing of portions of the tape that were supposed to be edited out. I was expecting a boxing glove bout between the two. I am surprised the judge didn't reprimand Cummins for that incident. In any case I am not convinced yet that BC murdered his wife, and part of my confusion lies with lack of proof and from some odd behavior with JA that was discussed earlier in this thread. I just came in a few minutes ago.

Cummings paid a video service to do the editing.
The guy was in the courtroom and obviously missed a few frames.
What do you expect? Kurtz popped his edit request on the state Thursday morning and they had to scramble to comply.

The animals in sink have always bothered me, too. I know in the picture we saw of the bathroom you could only see the edge of them, but it looked like the sink was pretty full of them. I've washed enough stuffed animals to know if you don't get them dried somehow the get mildewed quickly. I wonder if anyone every asked Brad why they were there? Maybe it's something or maybe it's nothing, but it's another thing that looks odd to me.

And here's where Brad's dress story goes off the rails for me. Brad says as soon as he got to the party Nancy told him about the stain and she had a wet spot on her dress where she had already washed it out. She was at the party for about an hour before BC got there. I think that we can all agree Nancy shared lots about her life with friends (and sometimes strangers.) But she doesn't mention a stain on her dress to ANYONE at the party? She doesn't ask for club soda? Baking soda? A stain stick? Anything? She doesn't just run back across the street and throw it in the washer herself and put something else on? No one at the party saw her with a stain on her dress? No one saw her walking around with a wet patch on her dress? Everything I know about Nancy has come from affidavits and testimony. I agree with CD, she would have drawn attention to herself if she spilled anything. Am I supposed to believe Brad is the ONLY person she told about spilling the wine and the ONLY person who saw a big wet patch on her dress?

That just doesn't make sense to me at all. And if that story doesn't make sense, that I have to ask myself "Why would Brad tell that story?"

During Detective Y testimony, or someone from CPD's testimony, when it was mentioned to BC that a body was found and BC's reaction was that NC would never run there. Where exactly did the CPD mention the body was found? Did they simply mention that the body was found in a cul-de-sac off of Fielding Drive? Did they mention that Fielding Dr was off of Holly Springs Rd? Just curious to know how CPD presented to BC where a body has been found.

Good observation LM.
Nancy was around her buds chatting away before Brad arrived and ruined her night.
Does anyone think she would tell Brad this, yet not her buds when she actually spilled the wine????

I call total BS on Brad's statement.
Absolute lie used as an excuse for washing evidence from the dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018