April 8th wknd of Sleuthing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I said I suspect 2 of lying, not numerous witnesses. And yes, it was snide. You obviously are feeling a need to try to knock me down. Why is that? Why do you take my opinions of the case so personally? I don't take your opinions personally. You and everyone else here are free to think whatever you want to about this case and I will never go on the attack at anyone for how they interpret things in the case. Or do the cute little icons to try to make fun of someone else's opinions. I just don't understand it. It must be an insecurity.

No sunshine05, I am not an "insecure person".
I personally know and meet 1/2 dozen posters on this board.
I'm quite sure they would tell you i'm quite the opposite of "insecure".

I post here and the Michelle Young board because of my interest in seeing justice for 2 murdered local mothers and their families. I am free to challenge posters like you that refuse to see anything at all that points to the guilt of the incarcerated husband. If cute little icons and challenges to your opinions hurt your feelings, then perhaps you should just put me on ignore.

Thanks. I've been wondering about it for a while and JA states in her affidavit that calls became disconnected frequently, implying that BC was cutting off the calls. Maybe it really was just NC hanging up on her:).

The funniest thing to me about that is that the poor voice quality and dropped calls likely meant he didn't actually have the system set up and tuned correctly. THAT to me is hilarious given his background. I don't think he is actually very data network savvy.

The part that I don't get is those that say that it's all but proven that he spoofed the call because of the Cisco expert's testimony that he had the ability to seem to be ignoring the fact that most if not all of the ways that Paul mentioned would require some remote data access concurrent with the spoofed call. He mentioned a number of things (telnet, point-to-click, remote desktop, etc) but all of those require remote data access at the same time as the spoofed call.

I didn't see the part where the cell records were discussed, but I have read here that there was no 6:40am data activity involving his cell. So, the only other alternatives would be: 1) another smart phone, 2) some WiFi access with a laptop. Yet, I haven't heard a suggestion of either of these.

Exactly! It looks like he may have had the capability to use his laptop with EVDO although it has not been brought up but again there would be a data trail at the time of the 6:40 call. There is no evidence pointing to any data traffic coinciding with the 6:40 call

Paul said there were 10 easy ways to spoof that call.

Exactly! It looks like he may have had the capability to use his laptop with EVDO although it has not been brought up but again there would be a data trail at the time of the 6:40 call. There is no evidence pointing to any data traffic coinciding with the 6:40 call

No, but there is data traffic at 6:25AM.
Paul also told us how easy it was to set a call up for a future time.

Paul also told us how easy it was to set a call up for a future time.
Right, which begs the question: Why would he have not set it up before he left home? Why all this talk about remote phone calls? Why do it in a way that leaves even more tracking evidence?

Another topic to discuss. Does anyone believe that BC did in fact have the phone tapped like NC told everyone? Curious what you all think about that. It keeps coming up.

There are 2 ways to accomplish this. 1- Using feature called cBarge, however this would require that BC was on the same phone network as the home network. 2- A simple packet capture tool, wireshark, could have been used, however this would require a very large hard drive to capture all the traffic.

What has not been discussed is that during the period there was a home VoIP solution who was the provider, was it TWC. Perhaps they were using the CVO solution at this time and thus the provider would have been through the Cisco network. If so, then BC could have monitored the usage of the home network very easily from the Cisco office and would have been able to use cBarge. The problem with cBarge is that a tone is played to the barged phone when this occurs.

The funniest thing to me about that is that the poor voice quality and dropped calls likely meant he didn't actually have the system set up and tuned correctly. THAT to me is hilarious given his background. I don't think he is actually very data network savvy.

Mr. Rentz started to say he and NC suspected BC was monitoring the calls. Objection! Sustained.

Right, which begs the question: Why would he have not set it up before he left home? Why all this talk about remote phone calls? Why do it in a way that leaves even more tracking evidence?

Remember Brad playing with his phone at the HT checkout counter at 6:25AM? That was when he set the call for 6:40AM.

I guess he wanted the data ping to show HT vs his home...thinking the further away the better? Guess we need to ask Brad to know for sure.

]
I guess he wanted the data ping to show HT vs his home
Huh? That's exactly my point. If he did it from home, there would not need to be any data access at all. Why would he use his cell to remotely do something on his home network that he could do while sitting there at his home network? The tracing info that he leaves on the home network is the same in either case. Doing it your way has the added "benefit" of also leaving tracking info on the cell network.

There are 2 ways to accomplish this. 1- Using feature called cBarge, however this would require that BC was on the same phone network as the home network. 2- A simple packet capture tool, wireshark, could have been used, however this would require a very large hard drive to capture all the traffic.

What has not been discussed is that during the period there was a home VoIP solution who was the provider, was it TWC. Perhaps they were using the CVO solution at this time and thus the provider would have been through the Cisco network. If so, then BC could have monitored the usage of the home network very easily from the Cisco office and would have been able to use cBarge. The problem with cBarge is that a tone is played to the barged phone when this occurs.

Interesting. Thanks for explaining that. It sounds like he probably did not have that set up.

Paul also told us how easy it was to set a call up for a future time.[/QUOT

I didn't think they had been able so far to show proof that the call was made by BC. Did I miss that? They should he had knowledge to do it but had no record to indicate he did. If I missed that, let me know. I think that call is a big ticket item in this case.

Huh? That's exactly my point. If he did it from home, there would not need to be any data access at all. Why would he use his cell to remotely do something on his home network that he could do while sitting there at his home network? The tracing info that he leaves on the home network is the same in either case. Doing it your way has the added "benefit" of also leaving tracking info on the cell network.

Like I said, you need to ask Brad what he was thinking.

6:25 data - Fact
6:25 seen on video using data on phone at HT - Fact

Windows mobile 6 left no trace.
Remember Kurtz gave it to his mother???

If he used his laptop, that would not be the case.

I'm not a morning person sooooo, if it's my best friend coming, she know's on occasion, she might have to haul me out of bed. Now, if it's someone else, yeah, I'll hopefully get up myself. But my best budd, she'd probably bring me a big cup of coffee and coax me up. :great:

You sound like "my kind of woman." Both my apt-mate, and then my husband knew not to speak to me first thing in the morning. I'm nasty and I do not "do" perky in the morning.... Give me 30 minutes, and I'm civil. So, I would have done the same thing JA did.

Mr. Rentz started to say he and NC suspected BC was monitoring the calls. Objection! Sustained.

I'm not sure what that has to do with the post that you quoted me on. I never said he did, didn't, could, or couldn't monitor calls. What I said was any noises or drops they had on the line would not be related to the monitoring.

Something to think about and a need for clarification.

In the deposition BC mentioned that he recalls being at a red light when he received the call from NC at 6:40am and thus this would be Cary Parkway and Tryon Rd intersection. We know this call lasted 38 seconds. I recall that the def team is indicating that HT video shows BC walking into HT about 1 minute later. This is the part that I need to look into to verify the time that BC actually is seen entering HT the second time.

Today I did some driving tests. From that intersection where BC must have received the call I started a timer when I turned left onto Tryon Rd. The fastest time I achieved, with no stops at lights, was 2minutes 20 seconds to get to the HT parking lot. So did BC receive the call while he was stopped at the traffic light at the Cary Parkway and Tryon Rd intersection like he claims.

Also, I know it has been discussed before, but why would BC take this route on his second trip to HT. It seems that leaving his house the easiest and fastest way to get to HT would be to turn right onto Lochmere which intersects with Kildaire Farm Rd. A right hand turn onto KFR and then HT is up on the left.

Albert, he was on video at HT the 2nd time from 6:41 to 6:44.
Obviously Brad was lying when he said he was at Tryon and CP

I said he produced it on 7-13-08.
I never said he washed it on that date.

Yikes, I am not sure IF I should comment here as havent caught up on the rest of the thread..BUT that dress was video taped on July 16th 9AM being hanging over the lower laudry basket (they were piled ontop of each other), Now, Am I compuzed???:waitasec: I dont think the dress was even taken into evidence until the 16th of July?...

Brad's recollection of what Nancy was wearing is just a red herring for me..and it really isnt uncommon for men not to recall such things..(They live in alternate universe most the time), especially given their tension filled relationship....So proof of anything just doesnt hit the top of my list :fence:

Sorry, but my memory can have a few gliches once in awhile:floorlaugh:

Something to think about and a need for clarification.

In the deposition BC mentioned that he recalls being at a red light when he received the call from NC at 6:40am and thus this would be Cary Parkway and Tryon Rd intersection. We know this call lasted 38 seconds. I recall that the def team is indicating that HT video shows BC walking into HT about 1 minute later. This is the part that I need to look into to verify the time that BC actually is seen entering HT the second time.

Today I did some driving tests. From that intersection where BC must have received the call I started a timer when I turned left onto Tryon Rd. The fastest time I achieved, with no stops at lights, was 2minutes 20 seconds to get to the HT parking lot. So did BC receive the call while he was stopped at the traffic light at the Cary Parkway and Tryon Rd intersection like he claims.

Also, I know it has been discussed before, but why would BC take this route on his second trip to HT. It seems that leaving his house the easiest and fastest way to get to HT would be to turn right onto Lochmere which intersects with Kildaire Farm Rd. A right hand turn onto KFR and then HT is up on the left.

Why does it have to be the light at Tryon and Cary Parkway? Why could it not be at the light on Tryon at the entrance to Waverly Place or the light at Tryon and Kildaire Farms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018