April 8th wknd of Sleuthing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But, cody100 .... what I have a huge problem with is BC himself. Forget BC and his needs at the time. The mother of his 2 little girls goes missing, later found murdered and dumped a few miles from his house - and the guy does zip, zero, zilch. Looks the other way, gets lawyers, shuts up, leaving LE to dig for themselves.

May be way off side, but here's my 2-cents: Did BC ever stop to think for a moment what his daughters may ask him one day in the distant future?

"Daddy, why did you do so little to help investigators in mama's murder case? Why did so many strange things go on; all those midnight store trips - mama's clothes missing; your bickering and fighting and all? OK so maybe you hated her, but she was still our mama. What about us, Daddy? What about what we needed, for mama, from you?"

Pretty callous actions IMO ... the man thinks, operates and speaks for and of himself only.

And I'll state this again -- Did BC ever ONCE ask the investigators how things were going in the search for his wife and his babies' mother? Did he call them 1st thing each morning to ask had they found anything, gotten any leads, do I need to come down there, what can I do to help?

Nope.

I have never head about a check bounce. NC's lawyer last week on the stand said Rosen was never representing him and that she exchanged emails with people there and they said they were not representing him. She said she believed he never hired anyone because she never heard from an attorney representing him.

IIRC, he wrote a check for $7,000 that was to come off a credit card and it bounced. They didn't commit to representing him after the check bounced. That was in Brad's deposition during the child custody testimony. Other than that, I have not read anywhere that another legal firm was ever contacted by him.

I have never head about a check bounce. NC's lawyer last week on the stand said Rosen was never representing him and that she exchanged emails with people there and they said they were not representing him. She said she believed he never hired anyone because she never heard from an attorney representing him.

Right. He went to Rosen but they weren't hired (because the check bounced, but I can't remember right now where I heard that so I'm gonna MOO). Did he consult anyone after that? I'm thinking no.

He talked about it in his deposition. I can't remember now exactly what he said but I know that he said he had the initial consultation and I think he said something about the $7000.00 but I can't remember what he said.

IIRC, he wrote a check for $7,000 that was to come off a credit card and it bounced. They didn't commit to representing him after the check bounced. That was in Brad's deposition during the child custody testimony. Other than that, I have not read anywhere that another legal firm was ever contacted by him.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking too.

He talked about it in his deposition. I can't remember now exactly what he said but I know that he said he had the initial consultation and I think he said something about the $7000.00 but I can't remember what he said.

That is the retainer. My husband was married before and saw them for a consultation for his divorce and they asked for minimum of $5,000 but they said it depended on type of divorce is could be higher. He did not use them.. but he does remember that hefty fee. My husband went to their free seminar about divorce they have every month.

I've been thinking about something. After Brad's check to Rosen bounced, did he ever consult another attorney regarding custody before Nancy turned up murdered? I don't think he did. Does anyone know of one I'm overlooking? TIA

I'm pretty sure Lynn Prather was the female attorney that represented him for the custody case and depositions. She specializes in family law at Kurtz and Blum.

3671957_1.jpg

That is the retainer. My husband was married before and saw them for a consultation for his divorce and they asked for minimum of $5,000 but they said it depended on type of divorce is could be higher. He did not use them.. but he does remember that hefty fee. My husband went to their free seminar about divorce they have every month.

I had no idea a divorce retainer/fees were so darn expensive!

Then my next question would have to be..JUST how did Brad expect this to all end then????? IF anyone really believes that Nancy forwarded that Draft Separation Agreemet????..THEN something is very very wrong..Yikes the women felt compelled to lock up her papers in her flippin car??? She had her attny..No?

I truly wonder just what outcome Brad expected in their Divorce/Separation ..and yet..voila..Mommy of his kids goes missing?? Its stuff like this that could very well lead a juror to believe he did indeed plan this..You never know just what jurors will gras onto when making their discisions..Nancy had a full support system ( emotionally/and financially w/family)..Just who did Brad have?? I am trying to think of anyone who would be in his inner circle?? His parents didnt seem to know they were in such deep problems?? just going by depositions of his folks??..Man..I am not sure then..DID Brad truly PLAN this right from the beginning?? Yikes:truce:

I'm pretty sure Lynn Prather was the female attorney that represented him for the custody case and depositions. She specializes in family law at Kurtz and Blum.

3671957_1.jpg

She's very pretty.
I don't suppose he could claim being indigent with the state picking up that tab too..........
I remember during the child custody depos there were a ton of attorneys present. And the one who was representing him kept rattling the ice around in her cup--which annoyed me.

I had no idea a divorce retainer/fees were so darn expensive!

I know and some times you find out people are still married and living seperate lives in different houses, etc but are still legally married and you think why? that is so weird? but now we now why, they just didn't want to pay- I can't blame them!

3671957_1.jpg

Yes, I know. I'm was wondering if there was anybody in between the check bounce to Rosen and Prather's involvement AFTER Nancy was murdered. I'm thinking not.

She's very pretty.
I don't suppose he could claim being indigent with the state picking up that tab too..........
I remember during the child custody depos there were a ton of attorneys present. And the one who was representing him kept rattling the ice around in her cup--which annoyed me.

Not nearly as bad as the "France MBA student" on the stand who kept chewing the ice. I would have paid them to NOT call him as a witness. I'm sure they wish that they hadn't called him. MOO

He probably drained part of his 401K and stock options to pay the family law fee.

Then my next question would have to be..JUST how did Brad expect this to all end then????? IF anyone really believes that Nancy forewearded that Draft Separation Agreemet..THEN something is very very wrong..Yikes the women felt compelled to lock up her papers in her flippin car??? She had her attny..No?

I truly wonder just what outcome Brad expected in their Divorce/Separation ..and yet..voila..Mommy of his kids goes missing?? Its stuff like this that could very well lead a juror to beieve he did indeed plan this..You never know just what jurors will gras onto when making their discisions..Nancy had a full support system ( emotionally/and financially w/family)..Just who did Brad have?? I am trying to think of anyone who would be in his inner circle?? His parents didnt seem to know they were in such deep problems?? just going by depositions of his folks??..Man..I am not sure then..DID Brad truly PLAN this right from the beginning?? Yikes:truce:

I am SO confused. Can someone help me out here?
Ms Stubbs said she only sent Seperation papers to NC, and NOT to BC. We know this because she testified to it.
But then why in April did BC and her fight over it if he shouldn't have seen it? That means she told him about the 2100 child support per month and he said forget it you are staying here? He must have seen those papers then, it sounds like she showed him?

I am so confused.

Not nearly as bad as the "France MBA student" on the stand who kept chewing the ice. I would have paid them to NOT call him as a witness. I'm sure they wish that they hadn't called him. MOO

Oh my gosh, isn't that the truth. He was a nightmare in every respect. I'm sure the prosc. were not only embarrassed but seething as well after he changed his testimony, or omitted much of it.

Then my next question would have to be..JUST how did Brad expect this to all end then????? IF anyone really believes that Nancy forewearded that Draft Separation Agreemet..THEN something is very very wrong..Yikes the women felt compelled to lock up her papers in her flippin car??? She had her attny..No?

I truly wonder just what outcome Brad expected in their Divorce/Separation ..and yet..voila..Mommy of his kids goes missing?? Its stuff like this that could very well lead a juror to beieve he did indeed plan this..You never know just what jurors will gras onto when making their discisions..Nancy had a full support system ( emotionally/and financially w/family)..Just who did Brad have?? I am trying to think of anyone who would be in his inner circle?? His parents didnt seem to know they were in such deep problems?? just going by depositions of his folks??..Man..I am not sure then..DID Brad truly PLAN this right from the beginning?? Yikes:truce:

And that was kinda where I was going with my question. I would think that would have really aggravated him. Nancy has a high dollar, powerful attorney and he gets a bounced check. And doesn't appear to consult anyone after that. Why not? Brad doesn't strike me as the type to just give up.

She's very pretty.

Of course I dont know this for a fact..BUT I think that Kurtz & Company knew full well that cutody was going to be an issue given Brad's circumstances..and YES..Brad gets a huge bang for his lacking BUCKS!! All on taxpayer's dime might I add...And they (Def Firm) knew full well that anything Brad said could and would be used against him..so a full bank of lawyers (on States dime) went in there to mitigate whatevers..JMO there...

Maybe Brad hoped that Nancy would giveup due to her misery..He misunderstood a mother's LVE for her children..course, we already know that Brad really hadnt been able to maintain LONGTERM relationships...so just never got Nancy's commitment to her children..Such a sad thing to have to say about a father..:loser:

I am SO confused. Can someone help me out here?
Ms Stubbs said she only sent Seperation papers to NC, and NOT to BC. We know this because she testified to it.
But then why in April did BC and her fight over it if he shouldn't have seen it? That means she told him about the 2100 child support per month and he said forget it you are staying here? He must have seen those papers then, it sounds like she showed him?

I am so confused.

Yes Nancy would have shown him. In her testimony Ms Stubbs said she asked NC several times if she had given BC the separation agreement to look over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic