GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Concerned, you are so right, just because a patient has been on a ventilator, does not mean they will not make a complete recovery. I am a respiratory therapist and have had many of my ventilator patients come off the ventilator after a couple of days.

I get the impression it was a stranger too........probably had been casing the neighborhood out for a day or two. He probably got into her place while she was outside and just hid inside until she got into bed, she got relaxed and he caught her off guard. If it was someone she knew......I don't think they would have risked using her credit card.

I think it was a stranger, but not random. I think it was a stalker whom she did not know. A random robber does not beat someone like that and leave them for dead.

Concerned, you are so right, just because a patient has been on a ventilator, does not mean they will not make a complete recovery. I am a respiratory therapist and have had many of my ventilator patients come off the ventilator after a couple of days.

Thanks for the reinforcement. We are all about patients and their recovery. Anne will make her recovery too. She will be able to help investigators just some time will prevail.

BTW: Thanks for what you do.

I think it was a stranger, but not random. I think it was a stalker whom she did not know. A random robber does not beat someone like that and leave them for dead.

I believe we will learn there was a sexual assault with this case. The robbery will be a secondary crime. The sexual assault will be the primary crime. I believe the perp. will be someone unknown to the victim. (unknown meaning they will not have a familiar relationship). I am still at a loss as to how the perp. entered her residence. I am betting it will be an unlocked door or window. I also believe the only reason the perp.left the residence is becauses he believed that Ms. Pressly had died. Thank-God she didn't. With this sort of offender, they usually act rashly and leave behind evidence. Hopefully DNA will be recovered. The perp. will also probably have a criminal record.

This instantly brought to mind Jodi Hussentruit (sp off, sorry).
It made me rethink getting my son that dog for Christmas. As, if he were walking it (with me of course, or more likely me alone walking it,) that someone can see a pattern, or even not have noticed a pattern. Fact is, you are out walking a dog, anyone can come up to you, say nice dog, or whatever....pull a gun, or even walk into your home if you think you are just going to walk the dog in the yard/sidewalk nearby your home.
This young lady is so beautiful, and in the prime of her life. Prayers she pulls through, and for her family who is obviously going through hell now.

Not if you have the right dog.

I believe we will learn there was a sexual assault with this case. The robbery will be a secondary crime. The sexual assault will be the primary crime. I believe the perp. will be someone unknown to the victim. (unknown meaning they will not have a familiar relationship). I am still at a loss as to how the perp. entered her residence. I am betting it will be an unlocked door or window. I also believe the only reason the perp.left the residence is becauses he believed that Ms. Pressly had died. Thank-God she didn't. With this sort of offender, they usually act rashly and leave behind evidence. Hopefully DNA will be recovered. The perp. will also probably have a criminal record.

I agree with your whole post.

I have seen people who were on a vent make a recovery. Unfortunately, some nurses don't have vision. Her memory will return but it is a wait and see. It could take some time and it could be muddled. Never discount the patient.

I think what she meant is when someone is on a ventilator and sedated, plus a head injury, it is very hard to say whether or not they will make a full recovery. Not that they can't or won't. As a critical care nurse myself, I am trying not to be offended by your comment.

A cable show had a neighbor on, he said Anne's dogs were always getting loose and people just put them back in her fenced yard.
I work critical care...my guess is she is not on a vent because they say she is going to make a full recovery. She most likely has short term memory loss right now and would be of no help to investigators.
Thanks for your post and welcome to WS, Colette! I don't want you to be discouraged here. Not everyone shares the thought they would not want you watching their child...as I am glad there are people like you in this world and would be glad to know someone capable was with mine under such circumstances. ;)

I am hoping it is only temporary short term memory loss, but it is hard to tell how well she will really recover. I had a good friend with severe brain swelling/injury and he was never the same afterwards. He had limited to no short term memory. He had to write everything down including what he ate and when. It was very sad.

I have extreme empathy for all that CP is going through personally.

CP, I just wanted to tell you that I have seen MORE people recover after being on a vent than not.
Short term memory loss is recovered amazingly well with O.T. and other helpful intervention in a young adult. It is truly a miracle to see the recouperative powers which a young brain and nervous system has.

I am praying for your daughter, CP, as well as for Anne.
:blowkiss:
Maria

Maybe if things are hitting too close to home, people should take a break from posting on Anne's thread or realize there are new people here who may be hurt by others' remarks!

This is all about Anne Pressly. She was beaten severely. By some small miracle, she is surviving which is a great blessing to her friends and family. It is a horrific case and her condition is still critical. She has a very long way to go. We shouldn't forget that. She is not out of the woods yet and the that did this to her has not been found.

I have seen people who were on a vent make a recovery. Unfortunately, some nurses don't have vision. Her memory will return but it is a wait and see. It could take some time and it could be muddled. Never discount the patient.

You misunderstood what I am trying to say. People come off vents all the time and get better. Believe me I have vision, you don't need to jump on me.
I have saved numerous lives in my nursing career, and I NEVER discount the patient
The reason I was thinking she was off the vent, it was said "she will make a FULL recovery", which you can't KNOW until they are waking up and communicating. If she was awake enough to communicate then she was awake enough to be off the vent unless she had some lung trauma.

I'm sorry "concerned person" I did not realize you have a child with a brain injury, but I was not talking about your child. I hope for a full recovery for your child, I have seen people wake up many times. I wish her well.

Thanks for your nice welcome "SeriouslySearching"!

"laini" thank you sister-nurse for your moral support!

New article from an interview with Anne's father says the swelling in her brain is starting to improve but she still can not speak. They said she probably fought her attacker and they don't think the attack was random.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=6103284

America Most Wanted has an article about Anne, saying she also had chest trauma. So she may be on the vent. The ABC article says every bone in her face was broken and she had hand injuries.
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=60349

New article from an interview with Anne's father says the swelling in her brain is starting to improve but she still can not speak. They said she probably fought her attacker and they don't think the attack was random.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=6103284

America Most Wanted has an article about Anne, saying she also had chest trauma. So she may be on the vent. The ABC article says every bone in her face was broken and she had hand injuries.
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=60349

Hand injuries will provide DNA. That could prove to be very helpful in apprehending this creep.

Collette, thanks for the update.

Somewhere yesterday I read that LE was looking for the object that Anne was beaten with. No mention of what that object is.

Suzi Q, I heard on a cable show the neighbor said the police asked his wife about a baseball bat.

Ruflossn, hope you are right about the dna.. maybe under fingernails. If he used a bat she might not have had a chance to scratch him. Hopefully soon she will be able to tell police something that will lead to his arrest, or they get video from the gas station where the credit card was used.

I for one hope she doesn't remember anything - double edged sword because if she doesn't remember, it will hinder the chances of solving the crime - leaving her very vunerable to another attack.

My hunch is that it is a stalker that may have saw her with another man at some point and wanted revenge because she's supposed to be his. How horrible all around. She's a very pretty lady now with a scary future.

Suzi Q, I heard on a cable show the neighbor said the police asked his wife about a baseball bat.

Ruflossn, hope you are right about the dna.. maybe under fingernails. If he used a bat she might not have had a chance to scratch him. Hopefully soon she will be able to tell police something that will lead to his arrest, or they get video from the gas station where the credit card was used.

That is horrible.

Colette~
Thanks for the updates. I really hope that she was able to fight the attacker. If she was surprised while sleeping, she may not have had a chance. Hand injuries makes me hope there will be DNA under the nails. However if a bat was the weapon of choice, the injuries could be from fending off the attack. :mad:

Like, I have stated earlier, perps of this type of crime are not very smart.
They pick a person for the attack and usually do not think to much about covering their tracks. Therefore, there is usually a lot of evidence left at the crime scene. If a bat was used in the attack, I would like to know whether it was brought to the crime scene by the attacker or did it belong to Anne? That piece of info. could also indicate the type of mindset this creep has.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saglimtas20
Back