GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Respectfully snipped & my bold.

Do you mean the Knoxville carjacking and murder of the young couple? It is so horrible I can’t even read about it.

Just wondering.

OMG the Knoxville case of Christoper Newsom and Channon Christian is one of the must disturbing cases I've ever read.

And I would have to say that I agree, the perps were not obsessed stalkers or jilited lovers - it was simply a hate crime and VERY rageful.

Something just occured to me, and if this would be considered compromising mods may want to delete. There is a new anchor at LittleRock7 news, and the newscast was highlighting her. It was a music video, showing behind the scenes of her working on her new segment, very upbeat, and what caused me to look up was the 80's song playing with the video- "It always feels like, somebody's watching me." At one point, the reporter is at her desk and the jacket she's wearing looks real similar to the one Anne had on in a picture of her at her desk working. I thought that song was so obviously a tacky choice of music and even seemingly deliberate that it made me wonder if LE and channel 7 news could be baiting the psycho? I realize how dangerous it would be, but really, look at the lyrics. Why else would they play that song? Does anyone else find this song very odd, considering..

Really? I didn't know there was a new anchor - I went to the website and didn't see anything about it. Do you have any links or more info?

As far as the wake up calls: Since Anne hadn't been doing Daybreak too long, I'm sure it was just a call to make sure she was up.

I don't know if that is really Anne's dad's business - but if so, I don't think it has anything to do with this.

Also, I think it is very frustrating to the public that there hasn't been any new information released. I just hope they have a good reason for doing so.

And yes - I am going to the fundraiser tonight.

DITTO ! We all do it in my Family....and we'll never stop making those brief 'just checking in' and wake up calls. Not only is it a way of 'staying connected' but is also comforting to know your loved ones are fine.

I guess I do it now because my life was saved because someone checked on me.

At the expense of not being politically correct, I think everyone is overanalyzing the AP murder too much.

I will bet anyone 100 dollars that it's either going to turn out to be:

(1) A creepy white man in his 40's/50's who lives a double life, is addicted to *advertiser censored*, and who has had an obsession with Anne from watching her on the news. Along the lines of the BTK killer, or the Gary Hilton guy who killed Meredith Emerson in Georgia. Probably either lives a double life as a husband with a family, or some lonly guy still living at home with his mother.

or

(2) A couple of black thugs in their early 20's ala the Knoxville murders already discussed, or the Eve Carson murders in North Carolina.

In my honest opinion, it's going to turn out to option #1 for a couple of reasons... One is that a gun was not used, nor did the motive seem to be robbery which is more common with option #2 type crime.

The fact that she was bludgeoned in her face indicates to me that it was likely more "personal" ala a creepy, methodical stalker as opposed to a random robbery.

Does anyone care to disagree?

I certainly am not trying to offend anyone, but I watch enough news and follow enough true crime stories to be able to confidently state that it was likely one of these two "types" of people.

At the expense of not being politically correct, I think everyone is overanalyzing the AP murder too much.

I will bet anyone 100 dollars that it's either going to turn out to be:

(1) A creepy white man in his 40's/50's who lives a double life, is addicted to *advertiser censored*, and who has had an obsession with Anne from watching her on the news. Along the lines of the BTK killer, or the Gary Hilton guy who killed Meredith Emerson in Georgia. Probably either lives a double life as a husband with a family, or some lonly guy still living at home with his mother.

or

(2) A couple of black thugs in their early 20's ala the Knoxville murders already discussed, or the Eve Carson murders in North Carolina.

In my honest opinion, it's going to turn out to option #1 for a couple of reasons... One is that a gun was not used, nor did the motive seem to be robbery which is more common with option #2 type crime.

The fact that she was bludgeoned in her face indicates to me that it was likely more "personal" ala a creepy, methodical stalker as opposed to a random robbery.

Does anyone care to disagree?

I certainly am not trying to offend anyone, but I watch enough news and follow enough true crime stories to be able to confidently state that it was likely one of these two "types" of people.

Well, honestly your two scenerios are pretty much all that's been said. It's not like you stepped out on a limb with some new, fresh idea.

I do something like that for someone. We are just close.

It's very odd to me that a 26 year old female didn't have an alarm clock. I can't fathom having my mom call me every day to wake me up for work. To me, it's odd.

DITTO ! We all do it in my Family....and we'll never stop making those brief 'just checking in' and wake up calls. Not only is it a way of 'staying connected' but is also comforting to know your loved ones are fine.

That's fine. We're all entitled to our opinions.

It's very odd to me that a 26 year old female didn't have an alarm clock. I can't fathom having my mom call me every day to wake me up for work. To me, it's odd.

I never read where Anne didn't have an alarm clock. Just her mom would make sure she was up and going in her new early morning job.

I do not use an alarm clock and wake up at the correct(is) time every single day. If I have to get up early for some reason, I just wake up early. When I call someone it really isnt to wake them up either (a lot of people can sleep through a phone ringing) but just to sort of say hey, its me Lala, you ready for...

I never read where Anne didn't have an alarm clock. Just her mom would make sure she was up and going in her new early morning job.

I do not use an alarm clock and wake up at the correct(is) time every single day. If I have to get up early for some reason, I just wake up early. When I call someone it really isnt to wake them up either (a lot of people can sleep through a phone ringing) but just to sort of say hey, its me Lala, you ready for...

I actually read that her mother's call was always her 3rd backup. So I took it she had two alarm clocks. She may have used a cell phone alarm clock as one and a regular alarm clock...or some TV sets will come on at a programmed time, etc.

Off topic for a moment:

I also do not need an alarm clock. I can tell myself what time to wake up and I do it. I have always been that way. Okay, back to the topic at hand, Ms. Presley; has it been discussed (here or in LRock) anymore about the purse, wallet, etc.........being found at MacArthur Park? Also, how far is the park from Anne's home? Is there a population of homeless near the park?

I actually read that the station called her and when they didn't receive an answer her family was called. But this is perhaps just internet rumors.

Was her purse found at MacArthur Park?

There was discussion about the possiblity on this thread. I am not sure it was ever confirmed. It was discussed that her wallet was found there, police searched the area......... It was thought that maybe, the perp. who committed the crime, ditched the wallet, and someone else found it and used the cc for gasoline. Again, this was not confirmed, at least not that I know of.

Has anyone read this interview with Anne's mom. I see a few things in here I had not heard before.

http://onthescene.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/11/07/anne-presslys-mother-and-father-speak-out/

Surveillance video was also taken from a nearby fitness center, in hopes that the cameras at that location would show something - so far, we’ve heard nothing on that angle.

The police in Little Rock have reportedly been handing out pepper spray to news reporters and news anchors all over the city, just in case this was a targeted attack because of Anne’s job, though they still maintain, it was random. I asked her mother today if she felt like this was a random attack, and she looked at me and paused and said “how could this be random?” She says her mother’s instinct tells her it was not, but she doesn’t have any evidence of that.

Anne and her parents had a routine; they would call her every morning to be her back up wake up call to make sure she didn’t hit snooze too many times. On that Monday morning, her father Guy made the call from his South Carolina home, and when he couldn’t get Anne on the phone he called Patti who was staying with a friend in Little Rock. Patti told me that she thought maybe she was in the shower, or blow drying her hair, but was a little concerned because she always answered. She decided to get dressed, and drive over since she was so close to make sure everything was O.K.. It wasn’t.

Every bone in her face was broken, her upper body beaten, and her left hand was broken. She had also had a stroke in the middle of the attack.

http://onthescene.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/11/07/anne-presslys-mother-and-father-speak-out/

If a person was going to choose a park around Little Rock to ditch a purse in wouldn't a larger park like Burns Park be more along the line? you know I was thinking..... with all the technology now could they not go back to the night of the attack and look at ariel

Has anyone read this interview with Anne's mom. I see a few things in here I had not heard before.

Every bone in her face was broken, her upper body beaten, and her left hand was broken. She had also had a stroke in the middle of the attack.

A stroke in the middle of the attack? OMGosh. I pray that when the stroke occured, she was rendered unconscious for the rest of the brutality. That is awful. I had not read much of what was posted at that site. Thanks for posting.

If a person was going to choose a park around Little Rock to ditch a purse in wouldn't a larger park like Burns Park be more along the line? you know I was thinking..... with all the technology now could they not go back to the night of the attack and look at ariel

KG~
I am not local that is why I was hoping someone could help me out. If the killer follows the normal profile of a disorganized offender, they rarely have nice vehicles. If they have vehicles, they are of poor quality. Often, a disorganized killer will walk to and from the crime scene. They often kill w/in their own geopgraphic locale. That is why I was curious about the park and / or homeless.

A stroke in the middle of the attack? OMGosh. I pray that when the stroke occured, she was rendered unconscious for the reast of the brutality. That is awful. I had not read much of what was posted at that site. Thanks for posting.

That is so sad. This whole thing makes me more and more sad inside. Strokes are not uncommon in attacks.

A stroke in the middle of the attack? OMGosh. I pray that when the stroke occured, she was rendered unconscious for the rest of the brutality. That is awful. I had not read much of what was posted at that site. Thanks for posting.

I just feel such sympathy for that poor girl too. I hope that the attack was quick and Anne wasn't aware for very long what was going on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nothing67
Back