GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how he is getting in their homes without any signs of forced entry?

could be a lot of ways. like trying the door knob to see if its open, and if so he goes in. you don't have to be a rocket surgeon to figure that out. trial and error. unfortunately its a fatal error to make if its your house. Annes neighbor said they DIDNT lock their doors (dumb in 2008).

I wouldn't call him law abiding particularly. He just hadn't gotten nailed.

I am with you 100% on that, I believe with the violence shown in Anne's attack he had progressed. I believe he is extremely violent and not caught until now.
The rage in this attack was mind spinning.

I know many people who do not lock doors, it is second nature to me.
I unlock walk in and relock out of habit.
My Mom is getting better but I still find her door unlocked.

I think it is easy as pie. My daughter lost her house keys one day and remembered from a movie or tv show to use a credit card. Worked like a charm so she said Mom you try...and I did. Second time worked like a charm too. We have no experience with breaking and entering.

I think it is easy as pie. My daughter lost her house keys one day and remembered from a movie or tv show to use a credit card. Worked like a charm so she said Mom you try...and I did. Second time worked like a charm too. We have no experience with breaking and entering.

I know about the credit card but does it work on dead bolts?

My parents don't lock their doors either...We do. I just can't see a woman living alone not locking doors. Especially an achorwoman that did the news everyday.

I know about the credit card but does it work on dead bolts?
Don't know as her dead bolt locked from the inside not keyed. The same thing with where I live now so it may not be possible. I would go and try it except it is dark and I am in my nightgown. Remind me tomorrow morning and I will try it.

My parents don't lock their doors either...We do. I just can't see a woman living alone not locking doors. Especially an achorwoman that did the news everyday.

I don't know how he got in but...

Anne could lock her doors 364 days of the year, but that 1 night she forgot could also be the same night this creep came to the neighborhood. Stuff like that does happen. I can imagine, say, Anne coming home late. It's been a busy day. I don't know if she used that door a lot, but maybe she took out some trash, let the dogs out, went back out to her car, etc. etc. Busy day with her movie screening, her mom in town, party for friend. Maybe wants to post on Face Book. Has to get up early for her fairly new Daybreak job... She forgot to lock it at some point...

The house looks like an older house. Maybe it has crappy locks. I have lived places with pretty shakey locks on the door (one place had no door knob just a hole and a hasp on both sides of the door for a pad lock. WHen you were home you put the lock on the inside and when you left the lock went on the outside!!).

Someone got in my house before, with fatal results... so it can happen.

To comment on the locking of doors deal:

I, like many of you, would NEVER leave a door to my house unlocked. I'm crazy about that: my alarm system is always set, and every lock on every door is always locked. I live in a nice part of town, but I just don't see any reason to make it easy for someone to come into my house.

I've heard that Anne tended to leave her backdoor unlocked. In fact, I know quite a few people who leave doors unlocked and I just can't comprehend that. I feel very safe in my house, but you will never find a door unlocked.

I think Vance probably tried the backdoor and it was open, so he went on in. He was either already in the house and waited until Anne was in bed, or he came in while she was sleeping. I tend to think the latter; I don't feel like he would have waited until she was asleep, based on his actions in the rape in Marianna.

"Detectives brought Vance in for questioning, in part McCree says, because of the alleged actions of his girlfriend Sheanika Cooper, 25. Cooper was charged with two counts of felony theft in Lee County earlier this month for allegedly pawning stolen goods in West Helena, AR."

From the above article "findthem" had posted, it sounds like he was stealing and she was pawning.
Also there was a 7 month backlog in DNA testing in the rape of the teacher, lot's of bad things can happen in 7 months.

I couldn't believe the news when I read there had been arrests in both Anne Pressley's and Brianna Denison's murders! This is amazing and certainly gives hope that there will be future breakthroughs in other cases as well.

Thank you to everyone who answered my questions on the other thread about the blog and pictures I'd found where the blogger was stating that she had already died on the 20th (when she hadn't).

I definitely agree with the others who feel that Anne's murder and the rape in Marianna are not his only violent crimes. I hope they are still checking out connections to anything else, even outside of Arkansas. That's also interesting about his girlfriend pawning the items that he stole. I wonder whether she was around when he committed the assaults. Are they absolutely positive that the possible 2nd set of DNA in her house is from a male?

What kind of woman is Sheanika Cooper? Vance is the father of her 3 children, yet she must have known he raped Anne. Insanity.

What kind of woman is Sheanika Cooper? Vance is the father of her 3 children, yet she must have known he raped Anne. Insanity.
We have seen this a million times before. The women settle just to have a man and some degree of security. Yet, they are always on the brink of being murdered themselves. I don't know how to instill more self esteem in a person who won't leave a door open.

Me too!

On April 21, police said Vance allegedly entered the teacher’s home. The victim told police she had just gotten out of the shower, fixed a cup of coffee and was heading to a back room when she noticed a black male subject standing in the corner of her living room.

The underlined part of the sentence sent chills through out my body. Is this rape the one that they had DNA from or was there another that was more recent? I am betting this monster will have a long lists of rapes that he is responsible for.

That underlined part gets to me also, just the picture of him in her bedroom corner or living room corner lying in wait for her.... eewwww

In the world we live in today, it is a mistake to leave your doors or windows unlocked even during the daytime, imo. Criminals are waiting for those mistakes and will take advantage of the situation given the chance. Anne should have been more aware since she was part of a news team that covered crimes, but like so many...she perhaps thought it only happened to other people and not in her neighborhood. She was wrong. It happens everywhere.

I don't know how he got in but...

Anne could lock her doors 364 days of the year, but that 1 night she forgot could also be the same night this creep came to the neighborhood. Stuff like that does happen. I can imagine, say, Anne coming home late. It's been a busy day. I don't know if she used that door a lot, but maybe she took out some trash, let the dogs out, went back out to her car, etc. etc. Busy day with her movie screening, her mom in town, party for friend. Maybe wants to post on Face Book. Has to get up early for her fairly new Daybreak job... She forgot to lock it at some point...

The house looks like an older house. Maybe it has crappy locks. I have lived places with pretty shakey locks on the door (one place had no door knob just a hole and a hasp on both sides of the door for a pad lock. WHen you were home you put the lock on the inside and when you left the lock went on the outside!!).

Someone got in my house before, with fatal results... so it can happen.

Oh, I know it happens, thats what scares me! I know how easy it is to forget to lock a door. My children are notorious for leaving our back door open. You would think if he was just walking around checking door knobs someone would have caught him.

Well you know. we are guilty. We have a screened in lanai around the pool and spa. Since our cats love to prowl around the pool, and will incessantly door dig, we leave the sliding glass doors open 6 inches, at least in nice weather.

I had someone walk in the front door of my apartment one day. I had heard the phone ringing inside and hurried in to answer it. I closed the door but didn't lock it. Maybe 15 minutes later, a man (with wife and kid behind) just walked right in. Aparently they got confused and went to the wrong alcove in the building. They were visiting a relative. But it scared me very very very badly since I had been attacked in my home before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971