GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard that Vance had been in the neighborhood, asking people for work, cleaning out their gutters. This could be the common denominator between Anne and Vance.

Hi Carla!

Who did you hear that from? How reliable was the source? Just curious.

Who did you hear that from? How reliable was the source? Just curious.

Hello All~
YellowDog,
I heard the story about gutters from a friend who lives in LRock. I do believe my friend is credible. (loosely tied to LE) But, until I hear an official report, I don't believe anything 100%. There has to be some kindof commonality that connected Anne and Vance. I just do not "buy" into it was a Totally random act. I think he knew it was her home and deliberately sought out to victimize her and rob her. What I want to know is how he knew it was her home. Their lives were not similar for them to have crossed paths socially.

Hello All~
YellowDog,
I heard the story about gutters from a friend who lives in LRock. I do believe my friend is credible. (loosely tied to LE) But, until I hear an official report, I don't believe anything 100%. There has to be some kindof commonality that connected Anne and Vance. I just do not "buy" into it was a Totally random act. I think he knew it was her home and deliberately sought out to victimize her and rob her. What I want to know is how he knew it was her home. Their lives were not similar for them to have crossed paths socially.

http://www.arktimes.com/blogs/arkansasblog/2008/11/seen_in_the_neighborhood.aspx#comments

Blog entry about a housekeeper seeing the alleged perp in the area.

Hello All~
YellowDog,

Hi Ruflossn:
I don't think it was a totally random act either. Perhaps he had done some work for her in the past and was just waiting for the right time to strike. We probably won't know until it comes to trial.

Facts about Anne's murder to be released Monday. In this article there is a picture of her home and her car in the carport. It was clear she was home so it was more than robbery.
In the article .....
"I can tell you that the arrest affidavit included facts that there was forensic evidence that was found at the victim's home that connected him to the crime, but that's all I can say at this time."

http://www.kfsm.com/Global/story.asp?S=9433899

Facts about Anne's murder to be released Monday. In this article there is a picture of her home and her car in the carport. It was clear she was home so it was more than robbery.

Good point. Although, occasionally someone will burglarize a home while the homeowners are sleeping. Usually the thugs that do this, are hardened criminals or very stupid and sometimes on drugs. However, I agree w/ you ~ he knew Anne was home and robbery was the secondary reason he was there.

If he was there to rob, he didn't take much. I don't think it was a robbery. Plus he is suspected to be a RAPIST in at least one other attack. Im fence sitting on whether she was specifically targeted (Manson clan didn't target Sharon Tate and Roman Polanski's house) or if it was more random or a loose targeting. Like I don't think Vance stalked her for months, planning some big, complicated crime. Possibly he saw here that day. Or saw her say a week or two back and figured he would go back later.

Perhaps more details will become available today.

Guy and Patti Cannady were on the Today show this morning. The interview was almost too much to watch and brought tears to my eyes. I so admire their strength and vigilance. God bless them.

www.msnbc.msn.com

I saw the interview and was just sick over her mom's description. That poor, poor girl. At least she is no longer in pain.

This guy is even more dangerous than I first thought. I wonder how many victims will come forward before all is said and done? I guarantee there are more than Anne and the teacher. Anne's beating was too brutal to be the first or second. IMHO.

If she interupted him then he must have cleaned her house. It didn't look like a struggle had taken place.

Hard to say what the house really looked like the morning her mom went in. We have only the walk through video done some weeks later to actually look at.

You can be assured with all the EMS people, gurney, police, detectives, forensice people, etc that stuff was moved, disturbed, examined, etc. And of course cleaned up for the walk through. So what you saw on that video is probably how the house usually looked but you can't say that the video a few weeks later showed it exactly as that nite. What was shown on the video was like a reconstruction.

The news today has made me just so sick. I really can't handle it. Even with so many weeks of preparation.

I believe there has to more to this than a random burglary. This was an extremely brutal attack of hatred. I think their paths had crossed at some time. This man is an animal.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/12/01/tv.anchor.death/index.html

DNA links man to TV anchor's death, police say

[snipped]

He [Vance] denied being in Little Rock, Arkansas, when Anne Pressly was killed, police said.

The state crime lab "confirmed with all scientific certainty that Mr. Vance is the DNA contributor of the suspect in Ms. Pressly's murder," the affidavit said.

Interesting.

I believe there has to more to this than a random burglary. This was an extremely brutal attack of hatred. I think their paths had crossed at some time. This man is an animal.

I agree. I am beginning to wonder if some of the rumors aren't true. Someone wanting her roughed up, etc.

I won't be surprised if they find this perp did come into contact with her in some way before this happened (I asked, but never got an answer if she stopped on the way home from the party). To me, it has the elements of her being singled out and less in the way of randomly being attacked. The rage and the sexual assault are not consistent with the sole purpose of a robbery. imo.

I wonder though if he isnt somehow linked to more brutal rapes and not robberies. People could be thinking he is a robber that rapes, but it could be the opposite.

I wonder though if he isnt somehow linked to more brutal rapes and not robberies. People could be thinking he is a robber that rapes, but it could be the opposite.

Oh I definetly agree he is a Rapist first then robber. He doesn't take great amounts of anything. I would think if he robbed first then raped, he would take several expensive items. He got (I think) $3 from his first victim (that we know about). That's why I think he is a rapist first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
froggy4