GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you know. we are guilty. We have a screened in lanai around the pool and spa. Since our cats love to prowl around the pool, and will incessantly door dig, we leave the sliding glass doors open 6 inches, at least in nice weather.

I had someone walk in the front door of my apartment one day. I had heard the phone ringing inside and hurried in to answer it. I closed the door but didn't lock it. Maybe 15 minutes later, a man (with wife and kid behind) just walked right in. Aparently they got confused and went to the wrong alcove in the building. They were visiting a relative. But it scared me very very very badly since I had been attacked in my home before.

That's one of the reasons that I am as good as I am about locking doors. My neighbor's children would just walk in all the time. So I started locking the doors so they had to knock. I always locked the doors at night but wasn't very good during the day. I figure once your attacked in your own home it's hard to feel safe in your home again.

What do you all think did he just spot her someplace on her way home that night and decide she was an easy target? Or do you think that there was another person involved? Do you think someone paid him to do this (like someone in the dog fighting line) maybe the Turbo story ticked them off? I feel sorry for patti because I know if Anne had been my daughter I would want to know why... and I would want a truthful answer from the creep.

That's one of the reasons that I am as good as I am about locking doors.... I figure once your attacked in your own home it's hard to feel safe in your home again.

Yeah thats for sure. We do lock the front door always. We both know we should lock ALL the doors. I know there is a false sense of security here. Im sure Anne maybe had that. Nice neighborhood, not a lot of problems...

Since this happened we have made sure the doors ARE all locked, at night. THe front door is alwyas locked even during the day.

What do you all think did he just spot her someplace on her way home that night and decide she was an easy target?

Until more info comes out, it looks from this guys priors he probably was somewhat familiar with LR, thought it might be a good neighborhood to burgle, and started to prowl around. Maybe he parked a street over, behind Anne since that house was vacant and came through the yard? I still think he just tried the back door. Maybe he tried a couple houses? It would be interesting to know if police tried to get prints off of back doors from other houses on the street... He seems sort of a sloppy criminal... sort of a burglar. But also a rapist. Rape might have been his focus that night, but he grabbed a couple easy objects before he left. He might not have intended to murder Anne, but he probably snapped at some point. Sad.

I guess there is no good way for this to have worked out. The end result is the same. A good, well loved and respected person is dead and yet another repeat offended is going to be on trial. Maybe with Anne's personality and popularity its easy to think this was some grande, involved, complicated, devious crime... but it could be, as the cops have said all along... a random robbery. By a two bit, sloppy, unorganized . Of course all the details arent out yet, but from what has been said so far it does look pretty simple. Still sad. Maybe more sad since maybe it could have been prevented by just lockign a door?

I think he was looking for single women, or women alone to rape and rob. He may have seen her come home that night or saw her another time and came back. My guess is the back door lock was not a dead bolt or she left it unlocked.

"Detectives brought Vance in for questioning, in part McCree says, because of the alleged actions of his girlfriend Sheanika Cooper, 25. Cooper was charged with two counts of felony theft in Lee County earlier this month for allegedly pawning stolen goods in West Helena, AR."

From the above article "findthem" had posted, it sounds like he was stealing and she was pawning.
Also there was a 7 month backlog in DNA testing in the rape of the teacher, lot's of bad things can happen in 7 months.

McCree says Vance had worked at Murdock Enterprises, a contractor for construction projects in Marianna. Reached by phone, Reginald Murdock tells FOX16 News that Vance did temporary work about 10 years ago cleaning up sites after projects were completed.

Evidently, he quit working when he was 18, and branched off into "other means" of income
Since my days of 'street life' were in the '70s I can only wonder if the shocking level of violence might be kinda "no big deal" in the world of his peers, and if Sheanika is "freaked out" by this?

[/I]Evidently, he quit working when he was 18, and branched off into "other means" of income. Since my days of 'street life' were in the '70s I can only wonder if the shocking level of violence might be kinda "no big deal" in the world of his peers, and if Sheanika is "freaked out" by this?

Sneanika most likely wasn't freaked out by much, since it appears she fenced what he stole. IMO she must have known he killed Anne. Low life individuals.

I have to watch my words with what I would like do with that whole brood or worthlessness...

I think he was looking for single women, or women alone to rape and rob. He may have seen her come home that night or saw her another time and came back. My guess is the back door lock was not a dead bolt or she left it unlocked.

I think so too. Also, if he had been prowling this specific area, he may have noticed that at least two of the houses right next to Anne were vacant.

I'm wondering if he could have gotten himself partially (head and arms or one arm first) through the doggy door and then simply reached up while he was there to unlock the door from the inside.

I think so too. Also, if he had been prowling this specific area, he may have noticed that at least two of the houses right next to Anne were vacant.

I'm wondering if he could have gotten himself partially (head and arms or one arm first) through the doggy door and then simply reached up while he was there to unlock the door from the inside.

This is just a local observation, but the kind of car he drove and the rims, etc., would stand out like a sore thumb in that neighborhood. Those are common around where I live, but not in the Heights. She did, however, live close to the Little Rock Country Club so perhaps workers there drove in and out of the neighborhood in those types of vehicles.

My friend who is a public defender did say right after the attack that he has several clients who work at that country club. So perhaps it wouldn't be odd to see someone driving through who looked like him, but not someone cruising around the area. She did live just a few blocks from that club.

This is just a local observation, but the kind of car he drove and the rims, etc., would stand out like a sore thumb in that neighborhood. Those are common around where I live, but not in the Heights. She did, however, live close to the Little Rock Country Club so perhaps workers there drove in and out of the neighborhood in those types of vehicles.

My friend who is a public defender did say right after the attack that he has several clients who work at that country club. So perhaps it wouldn't be odd to see someone driving through who looked like him, but not someone cruising around the area. She did live just a few blocks from that club.

That's interesting, beaglebrd. I wonder if the country club ever hired temp or day labor people to do landscaping or similar things. The other thing is that he may not have been driving his own personal car. Maybe he borrowed a generic-looking commercial van from someone. This is where the contractor and his employees may have been able to (and still could) provide some insight, as far as who they saw driving around there.

That's interesting, beaglebrd. I wonder if the country club ever hired temp or day labor people to do landscaping or similar things. The other thing is that he may not have been driving his own personal car. Maybe he borrowed a generic-looking commercial van from someone. This is where the contractor and his employees may have been able to (and still could) provide some insight, as far as who they saw driving around there.

I think he could have parked a few blocks away in the shopping area and nobody would have thought much of it after the stores closed. I'm pretty sure all of the stores up there close in the early evening, with the exception of the gym that was mentioned on America's Most Wanted. I think it is open 24 hours a day.

Since his car has paper tags he must have purchased it recently. He may have been in another vehicle when the attack took place.

I wonder if Anne's bracelet will turn up in a West Memphis pawn shop... or worse yet on Sheanika's arm?

I have heard that Vance had been in the neighborhood, asking people for work, cleaning out their gutters. This could be the common denominator between Anne and Vance.

Hi Carla!

I have heard that Vance had been in the neighborhood, asking people for work, cleaning out their gutters. This could be the common denominator between Anne and Vance.

Hi Carla!

What better way to case the place and not look suspicious.

Hi Carla!

I have had people come up looking for work or wanting firewood. I am rural and it always bothers me. In this day and age imo you should never do it. If they do not belong in my neighborhood I am going to be suspicious.

It very well could be the connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member