GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be missin something... but I don't think so... This really pisses me off... Vance has a job now (of sorts)... cleaning up around the prison yard. Astounding...

http://arkansasmatters.com/content/news/fulltext?cid=270932

I would have thought at least if you got life you should be chained in a 3' x 5 ' cell or something... But to get a PRISON JOB that lets him out... i am so angry right now!!

I might be missin something... but I don't think so... This really pisses me off... Vance has a job now (of sorts)... cleaning up around the prison yard. Astounding...

http://arkansasmatters.com/content/news/fulltext?cid=270932

I would have thought at least if you got life you should be chained in a 3' x 5 ' cell or something... But to get a PRISON JOB that lets him out... i am so angry right now!!

I've been trying to get to this thread all day to add this news...I heard it on the news this morning, and I didn't think I was hearing right?? He was being sent down to Pine Bluff, on work release?? I have never heard of this happening before. I thought they went to that maximum security prison, I think Varner. weird.

I just feel so awful over this. I've been sick for days now. I figured if anyone, Anne would get some justice. Its not fair...

I just feel so awful over this. I've been sick for days now. I figured if anyone, Anne would get some justice. Its not fair...

Sometimes...hard core inmates think this is unfair too and they make life miserable for the perp. Hopefully one of them gets this message....:innocent:

You know, this just disgusts me...

http://www.arktimes.com/blogs/arkansasblog/2009/11/more_insight_on_pressly_juror.aspx

I wish a victims family could file a complaint that that the proper verdict couldn't be reached because of some of the people on the jury. It seems like three tools were just anti death penalty. Why were they there in the first place?

The more I read about this the angrier, more bitter, and disheartened I become. I really want to rant and rave... :furious:

Are any of you REALLY surprised? This is Arkansas, guys... home of the biggest farce of a trial.. the West Memphis 3. Nothing shocks me anymore.Saddens me.. yes.

Are any of you REALLY surprised? This is Arkansas, guys... home of the biggest farce of a trial.. the West Memphis 3. Nothing shocks me anymore.Saddens me.. yes.

Well yeah I am surprised but then I do not live there and have no experience with their court system. But now my opinion of Arkansas is greatly diminished. My partner is from Arkansas and has some choice things to say about it, I suppose.

Back in the good old days someone would have just hauled Vance out of the court room, doused him in gas and set him on fire... a fate he surely deserves.

I was reading some foreign news reports on the trial and even in Russia and the Ukraine (my home land) there is surprise. Back home Vance would have been brought into court in a big iron cage and after the guilty verdict, execution would be a rifle bullet to the head.

Yes, I REALLY am surprised. I live in Arkansas. Your remark concerning the state of Arkansas is not apprecitated. I would remind you this thread is about the senseless, brutal murder of a young woman. It is not about condemning an entire state for the decisions of one jury. As for your comment that Arkansas is the home of the biggest farce of a trial, I would respectfully have to disagree. I would consider the biggest farce of a trial to have been the OJ Simpson trial. When he was found Not Guilty for the murder of Nicole Simpson.

I suppose I should try to calm myself. If Anne's parents can live with the verdict... Although I find it insulting, especially as a violent crime survivor. But this has made me just totally ill for days...

I am SURPRISED, and I live here. I am also offended by you calling my state "home of the biggest farce of a trial." The WM3 case has nothing to do with Anne Pressly.

I wholeheartedly agree with that Vance deserves a dirt nap. Nothing less is really acceptable.

The WM3 case is for another forum, preferably the one here on WS.

I think every state has good and bad trials and sentences. California released a violent rapist, Lawrence Singleton, who hacked his victims arms off with an axe and left her for dead (she lived). Singleton came to Tampa where he picked up, raped and murdered another girl. Fortunately Florida gave Singleton the death sentence, although I think he died of cancer in jail before he could get the big zap or needle.

What makes me really sad in this case is that, no matter what cases have come before the legal system in Arkansas, this one just screamed DP as loud as you can imagine. I have not heard ANYONE in any chat room, blog, forum, facebook etc say Vance shouldn't have got the DP. Even journalists in the Ukraine are surprised here... So how these three liberal tools got on the jury is a mystery to me. I am surprised too since I thought you had to be at least open to the DP to be on the jury in the first place.

I was hoping that Anne would get some justice that my sister and I never really got... but if Anne can't get it... no one can, and thats just sad. I suppose I transferred a lot of my own feelings onto Anne here... and lost.

I am sick and tired of people whining about how hard they had life as a kid. Its total BS. My mother was an addict. She died an addict this last February. She was physically and sexually abusive. I am no saint. I have a rap sheet (non violent stuff). I have brain damage from severe head trauma and a stroke. But yes I know right from wrong. I have a conscience. When I have done things wrong I did feel bad. I'm not proud of those time. Yes I was sick (I have bipolar and other psych issues) but that doesn't excuse me. When I am stable and on my meds I know good and well what is right and wrong, and I would excpect to be punihsed for things I did. And yes I can get angry. Very very very angry. I hold a lot of rage inside. I keep it bottled up, but now and then it creeps out and man, its ugly. BUT I have never turned that rage onto someone else. It just wouldn' t be right. Usually I just injure myself... turn the rage back on me. So I just don't buy any of this crocodile tear BS the defense put out there for the jury to suck up like sweet milk.

If Vance's mom did all this stuff that made Vance what he is today (all of Vance's friends claim to be shocked it was nice Curtis that did all this...).... why not hold HER responsible? Charge her with child abuse or something (I suppose there is a statute of limiations?). Say ok if what you did somehow gives Vance an out... YOU take some heat since its YOUR fault.

I'm sorry for the rant... I am just really frustrated, hurt, angry, disappointed, confused, and very empty feeling after all this... and you guys are about my only outlet to discuss stuff related to Anne.

These people probably got on the jury because the prosecution had already used their 3 strikes. The defense tries to get sympathetic jurors on the jury and, apparently, they succeeded. Unfortunately, that is the way the American Justice system work.

Same thing in the Cobbins trial for the Murders in Knoxville, TN. All that stuff what happened in their childhood doesn't even really apply... they still had choices and knew what they were doing NOW was wrong. :furious:
Some crimes deserve the DP, that is what it is for in the first place.

Carla, I said I was done posting - but I think you need to know . . . . .
First, there is an automatic appeal in Arkansas to their Supreme Court for any capital murder conviction - but without the DP there won't be as many advocates trying to save his sorry - - - well, you-know-what.
Second, the conviction WAS the most important thing to many in the case - the sentence was important, but secondary - truth. (But, if this wasn't a DP case, then why have the DP?)
Third, "justice" was served. Justice is MAN'S feeble attempt to render unto every man his just due - the jury did their individual best there. Judgment is GOD'S giving them their just due: whether taken by the DP, fellow inmates, or just old age - God will have the last say.
Carla, be at peace with yourself and be thankful that, like Ms Edwards, you are alive and able to contribute to the lives of those who love you. The pain will never die, but it can move back into just a memory, unable to hurt you again.

Thank you! I Accept things but I have trouble understanding. I wish I had the spiritual strength of Anne or her parents... But that died in me long ago. So with no hope for Gods justice, human revenge is all that is left it seems. It's long without anything to guide some one and scary too. Anger is a bad thing it twists me inside.

But it's All over now. Be well friends, all

Anne's parents were supposed to be on the Mike Huckabee show (Fox News Channel) Friday night last week, but due to political stuff, it wasn't on. I saw the ad for them being on tonight (Monday, Nov. 23, 2009).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry