Found Deceased AR - Ashley Bush, 33, *31 wks pregnant, met woman online for job interview*, Maysville, 31 October 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
?? Brooke Crews is the murderer in Savannah Greywind’s case (and her body was later found on a river, not at the apartment with the baby). Nothing to do with Ashley.
i know, ppl have been comparing the cases as you can see.... i was saying that the body and the live baby were at brooke crews apt and missed by LE, because the person i quoted spedculated that ashley's body was at the wtermans home the first time LE visited... and savannas body was in fact at the apt the first time the cops came to visit. first in the bathroom closet. then in a hollowed dresser. the baby was in a suitcase alive. they moved savannas body to the river later.

How can someone of Amber's age not realize that 31 weeks is still very early for a baby to survive without a lot of intervention?

I am wondering if she shot Ashley in the truck after passing the fiancé because Ashley panicked when she saw him. Then, the delay in cutting the baby out may have caused additional trauma that made the baby unable to survive this horrible person's actions.

I had C-sections with my babies. I cannot even imagine how someone would think they could cut a baby out of a momma safely, let alone a baby at only 31 weeks gestation. This case has me soooo sad!
It’s hideous. AW has to be both incredibly ignorant and lacking all moral fiber.

I think back to the start of this when Josh said that “Lucy” had asked to “buy the baby”, so when Ashley declined, this is what AW escalated to. I cannot wrap my head around this.

All while possibly luring her in with the giving of baby clothes she’d possibly bought for a pregnancy she had faked. IMO

AW was said to have changed demeanour when she thought the coroner was going to do DNA testing on the baby, IMO I think she definitely didn’t think that would happen. So I don’t think she would have thought much of having the ambulance attend. JMO
Could be, especially if they were in a panic and only thinking about saving the baby.

I wonder if it makes a difference what they're charged with if it turns out the baby was alive?

I think back to the start of this when Josh said that “Lucy” had asked to “buy the baby”, so when Ashley declined, this is what AW escalated to. I cannot wrap my head around this.

All while possibly luring her in with the giving of baby clothes she’d possibly bought for a pregnancy she had faked. IMO
Oh good point I forgot that Josh had said that. Although given references in the complaint to the Watermans claiming to lack gas money to follow the ambulance to the hospital, and to JW having a broken down truck, I wonder with what money AW could “buy” a baby. Did AW a have a job? I know the complaint references JW did work.

Sorry if I missed it but did AW claim a specific due date on any of her social media posts alluding to a pregnancy?

Oh good point I forgot that Josh had said that. Although given references in the complaint to the Watermans claiming to lack gas money to follow the ambulance to the hospital, and to JW having a broken down truck, I wonder with what money AW could “buy” a baby. Did AW a have a job? I know the complaint references JW did work.

Sorry if I missed it but did AW claim a specific due date on any of her social media posts alluding to a pregnancy?

On her FB post of the ultrasound photo’s from September 7, someone asked when her due date is and she told them September 17…

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...7ReUR9rWm62zuezfUTSudmAp7l&id=100055710780819

She said “the 17th” I didn’t see a month specified. I need to go look because I thought I read that she claimed she was 2 weeks past her due date and had the baby at home, so had used October 17 as her due date.
I guess *I* just assumed September given it was the September 7th where she said 17th and didn’t specify month *I* assumed she’d think people would just take it as September 17. So yes you are probably right.

For what it’s worth I think Goodman handled this really well, at least based on what has been reported thus far. Holding that service in case there was a mistake was the right move, can you imagine if this had all been different, and a true, grieving new mother was told her baby’s funeral was postponed because they suspected her baby may not be hers? I’ve had a stillbirth and cannot.even.imagine. So, good for Goodman (and excellent work getting a potentially incriminating question about DNA out of her as well, the prosecution will thank him for that later) …
Agreed. The coroner/funeral home director demonstrated excellent decision-making (at least, IMO based on what I know to this point). The moment Amber asked about DNA testing - the coroner must have been shaking his head in disbelief.

I agree and it was just an aside about him owning that funeral home as I thought that odd. But it’s a smaller county and I know these things go like that sometimes. He handled this difficult situation well for sure as far as I can tell!
Yes totally … and Goodman must’ve felt like he was in the Twilight Zone! Lot of presence of mind and experience to handle that so calmly. I mean, hosting a funeral for a suspected murderer and her victim, with the police advising! It’s like a movie scene to imagine!

How can someone of Amber's age not realize that 31 weeks is still very early for a baby to survive without a lot of intervention?

I am wondering if she shot Ashley in the truck after passing the fiancé because Ashley panicked when she saw him. Then, the delay in cutting the baby out may have caused additional trauma that made the baby unable to survive this horrible person's actions.

I had C-sections with my babies. I cannot even imagine how someone would think they could cut a baby out of a momma safely, let alone a baby at only 31 weeks gestation. This case has me soooo sad!
Very glad you posted this @cocomod - I had twin girls at 31 weeks by c-section, by emergency delivery. To give Websleuthers a sense of size, if AB was at around the same gestation, and I think she was, maybe a little further — they were 3 pounds, 5 oz each; one was 12“ tall (exactly a ruler) and the other was 14”; one needed a ventilator for the first six hours and the other breathed independently. Both were in the NICU for 29 days. I think in the absence of the excellent medical care they got, one would’ve lived and the other would’ve died. Perhaps ghoulish to think about but I hope this helps envision scenarios.

Does it matter if she took a breath? Her cause of death is still murder.
I’d have to research, but it may matter in the state of Missouri and/or in the state of Arkansas. That said, there are three magical criminal legal procedure words to be uttered with respect to this case:

crossed.state.lines

Federal case if they decide to hand it up. I hope they do, as it’ll be faster, it’ll put death penalty more readily on the table, and it means the female inmate version of Supermax on conviction. This is a different case in its detail, but the Murder of Dru Sjodin - Wikipedia is illustrative of what federal prosecution meant for the offender, as opposed to the laws of Minnesota and North Dakota respectively. Hope this helps provide insight.

For what it’s worth I think Goodman handled this really well, at least based on what has been reported thus far. Holding that service in case there was a mistake was the right move, can you imagine if this had all been different, and a true, grieving new mother was told her baby’s funeral was postponed because they suspected her baby may not be hers? I’ve had a stillbirth and cannot.even.imagine. So, good for Goodman (and excellent work getting a potentially incriminating question about DNA out of her as well, the prosecution will thank him for that later) …
I’m sorry about your still birth. ❤️

A Missouri couple now face federal charges in what federal authorities have called the “kidnapping and murder of a pregnant Arkansas woman.” The federal criminal complaints against the husband and wife reveal new, harrowing details in the case.

Amber Waterman and Jamie Waterman, both 42, are facing the newly levied accusations in federal court in Springfield, Missouri, because their crimes allegedly crossed state lines — thus triggering federal jurisdiction. The couple already was accused of state-level criminal charges, Law&Crime reported earlier on Friday.

Amber Waterman is charged federally with one count of kidnapping resulting in death, and Jamie Waterman is accused federally of being an accessory after the fact to that crime, according to twin criminal complaints obtained Friday.

Amber-Waterman-and-Jamie-Waterman-Mugshots.jpg

More at Missouri Husband and Wife Now Face Federal Charges in Alleged Kidnapping and Murder of Pregnant Arkansas Woman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper