GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding FB no screenshots allowed. You can however link to the POI's fb page. You can also point someone where to find the info you are sharing.

Also...Arron Lewis is a career thief..so why didn't he steal her 2014 Cadillac SUV???????
I was thinking that too. Maybe he thought it was too distinct looking? Or leaving his vehicle to take hers would have made them close in sooner on him?

IMO, it wasn't that LE did not find anything suspicious until after AL was in the hospital. It was that they were waiting on a judge to sign off on the arrest warrant.

Of course AL could have voluntarily answered questions before being arrested for a crime, so perhaps LE did request he speak with them about Beverly's disappearance and he declined (say at the scene of the accident, if they saw something suspicious in his truck). He would have known they were onto him and used his first opportunity to disappear before they showed up at the hospital with an arrest warrant.

If he had stolen her car, he would have had to leave his at the home. Which would of course point directly to him.

Additionally, while that is a really nice car to steal it probably also has navigation/OnStar, all the bells and whistles that would allow the husband to locate it quickly.

If they had something, they'd post an affidavit of probable cause. <modsnip>, but all it takes for police to get their warrant is a willing and "good ole boy" judge to say "he's a felon, must be a kidnapper, so yeah go pick his *advertiser censored* up and fry 'em!!"

It is very common for the paperwork outlining probable cause to be withheld from the public for a period of time. I don't find that strange.

Also...Arron Lewis is a career thief..so why didn't he steal her 2014 Cadillac SUV???????
He may have needed a real woman to stage seeing his son, if his son is in Little Rock. Someone of extreme stature in nature to get his son for any extended period of time. Theorizing here.

Gosh, if it was her cell phone they found, or anything else really in his truck or whatever vehicle he was driving that was involved in the accident today, I hope they had a search warrant or his permission to search or else it could get tossed. I hate bringing that up, and I am certain this is unlikely given the experience and professionalism of LE, but I want to be sure if he IS our guy, they have him dead to rights.

Police still searching for missing realtor

300 to 400 friends, family and Realtors gathered on Faulkner Lake Road in North Little Rock on Saturday morning to look for Missing Realtor Beverly Carter.

Search parties divided up into two main groups to cover a two and half mile radius in the area where she was last seen in Scott. After 1 p.m. search parties divided up into into smaller groups to look west of and north of State Dairy Farm Road. Most searchers walked large areas by foot, while others took to ATVs, vehicles, and boats to search Old River Lake, the nearby body of water where Beverly Carter was last seen. The family also requested blood hounds.

http://www.katv.com/story/26636607/authorities-seeking-the-publics-help-finding-a-missing-realtor

If he had stolen her car, he would have had to leave his at the home. Which would of course point directly to him.

Additionally, while that is a really nice car to steal it probably also has navigation/OnStar, all the bells and whistles that would allow the husband to locate it quickly.
But it *kidnapping* still seems like a pretty big step away from his rap sheet. Especially, without a single apparent element of robbery or theft...

This provides more details on the timing re: the warrant, etc and answers my above question, on how he slipped away (why they weren't watching him closely during the cat scan if he was a poi)

BBM:

"Pulaski county says Lewis was a person of interest before he was involved in a Sunday afternoon car accident. Following the accident, Deputies took a picture of Lewis' facial injuries. Because of his injuries, he was taken to Baptist Health in Little Rock before the arrest warrant was issued by a Judge.

When Lewis went back to get a CT scan, because of Hipaa and the fact he was not under arrest - Deputies couldn't go back with him - it was then he slipped out of the hospital.

After Lewis left, Deputies got the arrest warrant from the Judge.

"If you have a kidnapping charge, he's extremely dangerous. The fact that we don't now where Mrs. Carter is and he is linked to it, i'd consider him extremely dangerous," said Lt. Carl Minden"

http://www.katv.com/story/26648630/arrest-warrant-issued-in-missing-realtor-case

I'm willing to bet that they DIDN'T have a search warrant for the car, but will claim they saw something suspicious in plain view, which they could then say is their probable cause.

But it *kidnapping* still seems like a pretty big step away from his rap sheet. Especially, without a single apparent element of robbery or theft...

I do agree. This is JMO and speculation... but after viewing his Fbook page, I found his attitude toward women to be concerning. Not sure how that could fit into Beverly's disappearance since we don't know the circumstances. But it could be a factor.

Since he's on parole they really don't need a search warrant. I'm not sure if that's the way in other states but when you are on parole or probation in Arkansas your home, car, etc can be searched. Hth!

I'm willing to bet that they DIDN'T have a search warrant for the car, but will claim they saw something suspicious in plain view, which they could then say is their probable cause.

A wreck with injury is probable cause in Arkansas. Been there, done that.

So, what official prerequisites are needed to be fulfilled in order to substantiate/justify a warrant for kidnapping? Something substantial, I'm sure :lookingitup:

One thing to note here, is that in many past cases here on WS, when LE has suspected a person, they initially have to charge them with something minor like "reckless driving" (JM) or possession of pot just so they can legallyhiold him/her long enough to get more evidence to justify further charges. So, they could have come up with something else, I think, other than kidnapping. In other words, they have something specific to indicate this guy as potentially kidnapping Beverly. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member