GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's up with the missing lock? That is strange. Could it have been used as a weapon to hit her with? I shudder to think about that! It is an odd thing to be missing. If neighbors saw the truck and man then wouldn't they have seen him carry her out? I don't think there would have been anything to wrap her in to disguise her (ie tarp, blanket, etc) to take her out the door in an empty house. It's really frightening.

Why do I not understand THIS sentence?

"..A tall skinny white man got out of the truck to pull up the one he was showing the house to," a neighbor said.*

HE was showing the house to? Like, another broker was, also, showing?

This is just one more example of media people (and people in general) being unable to compose a simple sentence these days. We are all great with technology, horrible with holding a train of thought and simple sentence structure.

If they had a knife or gun in her back she may have just walked out with the perp. I wonder if LE is guiding the searchers? It appears this is a recovery search.

So what's up with the missing lock? That is strange. Could it have been used as a weapon to hit her with? I shudder to think about that! It is an odd thing to be missing. If neighbors saw the truck and man then wouldn't they have seen him carry her out? I don't think there would have been anything to wrap her in to disguise her (ie tarp, blanket, etc) to take her out the door in an empty house. It's really frightening.
The lock could be missing because it can be accessed remotely by the listing agent, or the Board, to see who has been inside to show it. Only someone in the industry would know that though.

This is very plausible. A former agent who worked hard but didn't do well posing as a cash buyer in a hurry. Perhaps not one of the 'beautiful people'. (The industry attracts a lot of big egos, and female agents that pose like celebrities in glamour shots). Not everyone is impressed, some are offended by the posturing that goes on.

The missing lock also points to this scenario. The person could have let himself/herself in first and hence the need to get rid of the lock evidence.

If it has been answered forgive me but does anyone know why or what took the search to Faulkner lake roAd and the golf course? That's a little ways away I was just wondering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assumed there were pings. I read that they were going from stonelinks out to a ten mile radius.

I assumed there were pings. I read that they were going from stonelinks out to a ten mile radius.

I think you are right. Her friend said she was texting with her at 7:30 that night (although it may not have been Beverly with whom she was texting).

On most vacant houses I've looked at, the lockbox was attached to the door and typically only the listing agent had the key to remove it. The fact that it's missing is really bothersome.

Also, did anyone else do the math on her marriage? She's 49 and the husband said they've been married for 35 years.

The lock could be missing because it can be accessed remotely by the listing agent, or the Board, to see who has been inside to show it. Only someone in the industry would know that though.

Good point Krystine. The kind of lock boxes commonly used in my area can be accessed from anywhere using the listing agent's cell phone or computer. I agree that even if the perp took the box, the info should still be accessible.

For those who have never paid much attention to how these boxes work, it stays attached to the door knob or whatever it is attached to. When the agent uses his or her phone or electronic key to open the box, a small drawer on the very bottom of the box comes all of the way out, completely separate from the big part that stays on the door. The key or keys are inside. You leave the small drawer separate until it is time to lock up then replace the key and put the drawer back in.

It isn't easy to get the lockbox off of the door completely unless you know how. It is not the same as obtaining the key.

I think it's more likely that the little bottom drawer is missing, not the whole lock, unless another agent or someone who has assisted an agent is the perp.

On most vacant houses I've looked at, the lockbox was attached to the door and typically only the listing agent had the key to remove it. The fact that it's missing is really bothersome.

Also, did anyone else do the math on her marriage? She's 49 and the husband said they've been married for 35 years.

Yup, I noticed that. So she was 14, unless he is just rounding up. Once you pass 33 years you could round to 35 I suppose. How old is he?

Yup, I noticed that. So she was 14, unless he is just rounding up. Once you pass 33 years you could round to 35 I suppose. How old is he?

Good point. I'm not sure how old he is, but I did see that their oldest son is 33.

I'm wondering if Bev kept her appointments logged on an iPhone or something similar. If so they could automatically upload on a PC or a Mac via cloud or something at her home and get husband could have checked on there to see where she was meant to be at that time.

Do we know for sure there was a lockbox on the door? My hubby is a broker/agent in a small southern town and there are some agents who won't even get the cheap code boxes that have the little spin wheels to open the box, much less the electronic one. Some of them still go the old fashioned route where you have to actually get the key from their office.

Even with him being a 30 year old male my hubby lets me know when he has a showing. We live in a small town so when it's someone I know he tells me who it is, it's usually someone we went to school with or grew up with. He doesn't always vet someone as far as a pre-approval letter or anything but he does his research and either myself or someone at his office always knows where he's showing property at.

Several comments unthread about the perp being possibly envious of her success are beginning to really make me think. BC's whole persona reeks of success and money. Her photos, jewelry, car, personalized car tag, what appears to be the interior of her home (in the photos of her husband)....all point to money. Could this have been a hired hit? Someone wanted her out of the industry? Jealous of her success, beauty, and what appears to be a comfortable lifestyle. Wonder if she had any ongoing conflicts? Had she taken some deals out from under some other realtors....cutting into their profits?

Money is the root of all evil...

Just thinking out loud.

Good point. I'm not sure how old he is, but I did see that their oldest son is 33.

Maybe they married young, maybe they've been together since she was 14. Not sure of the point.

If it has been answered forgive me but does anyone know why or what took the search to Faulkner lake roAd and the golf course? That's a little ways away I was just wondering

Good question...

Unless the location was a convenient place to gather multiple people...

And the searchers then rode/drove in vehicles from there to the searching areas?

:dunno:

Good point Krystine. The kind of lock boxes commonly used in my area can be accessed from anywhere using the listing agent's cell phone or computer. I agree that even if the perp took the box, the info should still be accessible.

For those who have never paid much attention to how these boxes work, it stays attached to the door knob or whatever it is attached to. When the agent uses his or her phone or electronic key to open the box, a small drawer on the very bottom of the box comes all of the way out, completely separate from the big part that stays on the door. The key or keys are inside. You leave the small drawer separate until it is time to lock up then replace the key and put the drawer back in.

It isn't easy to get the lockbox off of the door completely unless you know how. It is not the same as obtaining the key.

I think it's more likely that the little bottom drawer is missing, not the whole lock, unless another agent or someone who has assisted an agent is the perp.

Thank you for this information...

Can these lock boxes be technologically traced... similar to how cell phones can be traced?

TIA...:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member