Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for this information...

Can these lock boxes be technologically traced... similar to how cell phones can be traced?

TIA...:seeya:

I'm pretty sure that's a yes. They have a battery, they
communicate electronically with computers and cell phones using Bluetooth.

However, we have no confirmation that this particular home was secured with that type of lock. If it was owned by the bank, they may have wanted to use a manual combo lockbox for easier access. Those have two parts too. A little door detaches to reveal the key inside, you pop it back together and spin the combo to close it. Lock stays on the door the whole time. All manual, no electronic parts.

So touching! There is another Beverly Carter (different maiden name) in Arkansas who has turned her fb page into a missing person site for Beverly Carter that is missing. I found it when I went to pull up Beverly (the realtor) fb. She keeps posting the missing posters and has her pic as her profile pic now. I don't think they even know each other.

Are any of you guests reading here friends, neighbors or co workers of Beverly or her family? I know that it has to be stressful , you must be thinking of her constantly, wanting to help find her. If only someone could stumble across the right clue to put this all together and catch whomever took her!

If you have any "word on the street" you would like to share, please consider signing up to post with us. People from your area are able to see what we can't, where police are looking, who they are watching etc.

You may have seen or heard things that reporters did not directly ask about at the press breifings.

Have you seen any searching on the water?
Do you know of any sign of struggle at the vacant home such as broken fingernails, dropped jewelry etc.?
Have other Realtors checked their vacant rural properties just in case he took her to one of them?

Was it mentioned anywhere that her other appts/showings that evening were with the same potential cash buyer? If so, were they in the same area as in the same road where she may feel comfortable enough willingly getting in their car/truck? In all the awesome info from realtors that have given insight on here it seems that would not be safe protocol to do that (get in someone elses car)

Black sleeveless shirt & red shorts. Odd attire for a professional 49 yr old woman to be wearing while showing a home. JMO
She's 49? Mr. Carter said they had been married for 35 years...she was 14 when they got married, wow.

I'm a Realtor® thought I would share my thoughts. We all get calls from strangers, it's the nature of our business, and even if we have met someone before, this could happen. I think about it every time I meet someone new and I also think what is behind the locked door too. She could have been set up. Someone could have called her, she may have "known" them and they set the appointment, when she arrived they weren't there. She opened the door to wait on them and then was grabbed. Or she could have opened the door and encountered a "squatter" in the house. There's so many possibilities. And when say I'm showing a house, I generally say the location, most agents don't tell other agents who they are showing too, we protect our business that way. So I don't find it unusual that she told her hubby the location and not the person's name.

A bank owned property or one that's owned by the government may have different lock boxes on it, one for vendors and one for agents to use. Many times, in our area, the listing agent puts on a private lock box with a code. There is no tracking on these type lock boxes.

Praying for Beverly, this is our worst nightmare as a female agent, I can promise you that.

She's 49? Mr. Carter said they had been married for 35 years...she was 14 when they got married, wow.

Someone has since found her age to be 51, according to an updated article, look up thread a few posts, it wasn't far back.

Have they dragged the river that is by the house?

Why do I not understand THIS sentence?

"..A tall skinny white man got out of the truck to pull up the one he was showing the house to," a neighbor said.*

HE was showing the house to? Like, another broker was, also, showing?

I'm still catching up, but if you watch this video posted up thread you can hear the neighbor say it for himself and it makes more sense.

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/story...4Ei-yJo80e5Vug

The fact that the have a description of a vehicle & a man but have not publicly shared the details & asked for information leads me to thinking they may already be on the trail.

:thinking:

I am hoping and praying they are!
I looked at the people who she recently accepted friend requests from, you never know I hope investigators check out all of that too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TY TGIR ... and I just found her DOB Dec 20 1963

Pulaski County, pulaski county, why is this ringing a bell? Seems I might have come across that name here on WS recently...

eta: here's something, not sure that's why its familiar...still looking

*note it says there are 4 people missing

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-225397.html

eta: here's more stuff, google search results copied and pasted, still not what I'm looking for, still searching

Search Results
MO- Human Remains Found In Pulaski County; May Be Child
www.websleuths.com › ... › Current Events › Crimes in the News
Oct 29, 2013 - 5 posts - ‎5 authors
The Pulaski County sheriff's office says a local photographer made a "grim discovery" yesterday afternoon when she stumbled upon skeletal ...
Identified! AR - Pulaski County child Jane Doe ... 1 post Mar 11, 2010
AR AR - Derrick Marshall, 34, Pulaski County, Feb 2009 ... 3 posts Feb 24, 2009
IL - Trea Hannah, 23, Pulaski County, Jan 2006 4 posts Jan 9, 2006
Identified! AR - Human Skull found, 2005 [Archive ... 7 posts Dec 20, 2005
More results from www.websleuths.com

Yes, it was foreclosed, not a short sale. So it was empty
The house is a foreclosure? I wonder if LE is also looking at its history. Could previous owner(s) have been angry about losing it?

There was a recent episode of "On the Case with Paula Zahn" that featured the murder of a real estate agent who was showing a home to her killer, and it wasn't the first time he tried it.

Just awful.

This is Carl's business...at least it is going by their address: Carter Construction, 12927 Lower Steel Bend Rd Scott, AR 72142 (501) 416-2539
He probably hires contractors for his business....contractors usually drive trucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm