GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New Daily Mail article about the case posted just over an hour ago: (sorry if already posted)

“Police have launched a hunt for a real estate agent who disappeared while showing somebody a house.
Beverly Carter, 49, vanished from the property in Scott, near Little Rock, Arkansas, after meeting an unknown person at the address on Thursday afternoon.
She was reported missing by her husband Carl after she didn't make contact with her family for three and a half hours after the 5.30pm appointment.”

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tential-buyer-two-days-ago.html#ixzz3EYZA8MJf

This particular case hits home for me as my mum does Ms. Carter’s job for a living. It is always a worry that she may encounter someone untoward. She always has a personal alarm with her and her phone.

Like you all I’m praying for a positive outcome Ms. Carter’s family, friends and colleagues must be worried sick.

There is a famous missing persons case in the UK some of you may know of Ms. Suzy Lamplugh who disappeared 27 years ago aged 25. Suzy was an estate agent (real estate agent) who went missing showing a stranger a house and she was never found. I hope this is not the outcome for Beverly.

Interesting. If you take Hwy 165 west off of Old River Rd. (i.e., headed to Little Rock) you'll pass Baucum Rd. Her phone last pinged on Roosevelt Rd., which is where the Little Rock airport is. Could be nothing, could be something.

Map.jpg

It's uncommon to see "abducted" and "kidnapped" so early on in a case. It usually starts as "missing person". Perhaps the friends/family created these posters and used the wording they wanted to, but it also may be an indication that LE knows a lot more than what has been released.

Just found out about this case and am catching up in this thread. I just don't have a good feeling about this.
My first thoughts are that nothing seems odd to me about what she was wearing. She seems like a very stylish woman and I can think of many ways to wear black sleeveless shirt/red shorts in a stylish & classy way. JMO.
Also, I have dealt with real estate agents many times over the years and have never been ID'd or had pre-approval checked before meeting with the agent. And I've never met at the office until we had decided to make an offer and/or accept an offer. This has been my experience in both OK and FL. Looking back, this was probably a bad practice on behalf of the agent, but I've never had any other experience, so hadn't thought differently about it until now.

It's uncommon to see "abducted" and "kidnapped" so early on in a case. It usually starts as "missing person". Perhaps the friends/family created these posters and used the wording they wanted to, but it also may be an indication that LE knows a lot more than what has been released.

Agreed. That, immediately, caught my eye.

Interesting. If you take Hwy 165 west off of Old River Rd. (i.e., headed to Little Rock) you'll pass Baucum Rd. Her phone last pinged on Roosevelt Rd., which is where the Little Rock airport is. Could be nothing, could be something.

View attachment 60135
I hope they have checked all outbound flights.

If she was meeting someone she knew was the "type" to be driving a somewhat beat up truck, that could explain what may have been a dressed-down outfit. I would imagine real estate agents may dress according to what may resonate with their clients. She may not have dressed super professional so as to not appear off-putting to someone who was, say, a contractor.

My husband and I just bought a home this year. Our realtor was a young man in his twenties. Athlethic guy, likes to work out, etc. Just like my husband. He felt very comfortable wearing completely casual clothes/athletic wear when showing us homes, probably in part because he felt he could relate to us better. He even joked about it and promised to wear a tie to settlement (he did). We even had a conversation about him knowing when it was "ok" for him to dress down and when it wasn't, based on what he knew of his clients. He knew we were totally cool with it, but some would not be.

My husband has been a broker agent for over 35 years and his company still dresses up for an appointment. The only time I've seen them dress "down" is when it's a personal friend they are helping find a home. I also would like to add that I've hosted open houses in an emergency for my husband a his friend. It's always Sunday afternoon and the last time I did it, it was for a new home built for the market. It was in a development just being started and I had a bad feeling even on my way there (I'm a bit intuitive). I've learned to listen to that voice. It was cool but not cold out...I had a single man come to the locked door. I opened the door, stepped out in a hurry with my phone to my ear pretending to be talking....as I told him to go on through, I'd finish the call. I went to my car, locked myself in and he left fairly quickly. I have no clue whether he meant me harm, but I followed my intuition. Most women here work in teams of two..never host alone. I'm in the Cincinnati area. ^i^

View attachment 60135
Didn't she say that the unknown buyer was from out of town? How far out of town I wonder? I will do some searching to see if this leads to anything.

Just found out about this case and am catching up in this thread. I just don't have a good feeling about this.
My first thoughts are that nothing seems odd to me about what she was wearing. She seems like a very stylish woman and I can think of many ways to wear black sleeveless shirt/red shorts in a stylish & classy way. JMO.
Also, I have dealt with real estate agents many times over the years and have never been ID'd or had pre-approval checked before meeting with the agent. And I've never met at the office until we had decided to make an offer and/or accept an offer. This has been my experience in both OK and FL. Looking back, this was probably a bad practice on behalf of the agent, but I've never had any other experience, so hadn't thought differently about it until now.

I agree I don't think it is acceptable for a lady to meet a strange man on her own. Please do not think I am being sexist I just mean for safety reasons. Normally in the UK a male staff member goes with the lady staff member to house viewings that should be standard practice but unfortunately it is not.

My mum sells houses in a show home on her own during the weekend but there are male builders there on site during the week. She has only had one encounter with a drunk man who wanted to take her out but thankfully nothing happened to her.

I will keep an eye out for any new articles on Beverly's disappearance. You are all doing great sleuthing so far.

The missing lock also points to this scenario. The person could have let himself/herself in first and hence the need to get rid of the lock evidence.

Yes, but the minute an agent leaves the industry, they are no longer able to gain entry by way of keysafe, or phone app.

I was just about to ask who Carl Carter is and the significance of Carter Construction. Never mind! It clicked!

So the husband owns a construction company? If so that would sort of rule out that she would ask another contractor to come out there to fix something.

So the husband owns a construction company? If so that would sort of rule out that she would ask another contractor to come out there to fix something.

If this home had shortcomings that would cause a buyer to reject it, sometimes an agent will have a professional give an assessment of the cost of repair, or the nature of the problem. It might make a difference between a sale and a wasted appointment.
If her husband was a roofing contractor, he may not know a thing about a wet basement, or a problem with heating.
I wouldn't discard that theory just yet.

I saw a few posts on Craigslist in the "Housing Wanted" section from people looking to buy rural homes near Little Rock. Then I did a general search in the personals section for the keyword realtor and found this listing. Memphis is about a 2.5 hour drive from Scott. From what I've read about Beverly by friends who have known her for years, I can't imagine she'd ever be on Craigslist looking for a hookup, but I found the post interesting.

Looking for female realtor - 30 (Memphis)

I'm a 30 year old attractive male. I've had this fantasy for a while of a female realtor showing me a house and during the tour we become aroused, start kissing and get very physical in a strange house. Just thinking about this makes me extremely excited! If you're a realtor or can pretend to be one with access to a strange house, and you're even mildly interested in something like this let me know.

post id: 4667155375 posted: 14 days ago

sorry for the O/T....

But the question if someone is even "mildly interested" in this scenario cracks me up...

this doesn't seem to be an activity that someone may be "mildly" interested in... If they wish to actually pursue it...

It is not like asking if someone is "mildly interested" in trying a new type of pizza, or something...

I mean... It takes some kind of ballsy commitment to meet a stranger in a strange house... And do some "floor plan calisthenics".... :spinner: .... Kwim?

JMO...

I live in Little Rock, Arkansas & just wanted to give some local info. Scott, AR is considered to be very rural around here. Out of the way. Roads are long and winding, country side, quiet. IF someone actually did plan something like this out, Scott would definitely be a good city in comparison to Little rock & North Little Rock.

Also, her face IS pretty popular here locally. Crye Leike is an extremely popular agency here. As soon as I saw her picture, I knew exactly who she was. The idea of someone seeing her picture & becoming obsessed/infatuated with her is absolutely possible. ( I mean, she CERTAINLY doesn't look her age, either)

There is a lake behind the property but to my knowledge it doesn't run into the Arkansas river, howevever; that river is also close by. Unfortuntely there is an over abundance of places to easily hide a body in Scott. :( Plenty of big grassy fields & woodsy areas.

We also don't have any major missing person cases. The only really big case we have her is Morgan Nick who vanished in the 90s.

I noticed one of her recent new friends on face book is a home inspector and has a website of all the pictures of problems with homes and the type repairs he does. How do I say this without accusing it pointing fingers but I hope they check and eliminate all people she was connected to. So if I were an detective and I'm not so that's why I will probably get laughed at but I would say check out the recent friends especially tall white men who have connections in the same biz she is in this is just me benig and ol gal who watches to much tv but I would sure look at it all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in Little Rock, Arkansas & just wanted to give some local info. Scott, AR is considered to be very rural around here. Out of the way. Roads are long and winding, country side, quiet. IF someone actually did plan something like this out, Scott would definitely be a good city in comparison to Little rock & North Little Rock.

Also, her face IS pretty popular here locally. Crye Leike is an extremely popular agency here. As soon as I saw her picture, I knew exactly who she was. The idea of someone seeing her picture & becoming obsessed/infatuated with her is absolutely possible. ( I mean, she CERTAINLY doesn't look her age, either)

There is a lake behind the property but to my knowledge it doesn't run into the Arkansas river, howevever; that river is also close by. Unfortuntely there is an over abundance of places to easily hide a body in Scott. :( Plenty of big grassy fields & woodsy areas.

We also don't have any major missing person cases. The only really big case we have her is Morgan Nick who vanished in the 90s.

Also live in Little Rock. This is spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum