GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Walking out of the Walmart with a shovel and topsoil. On camera.

Where is that former WS member who was insisting on her innocence, and that CL could never be involved in anything like this. I suppose they could have been planning on planting a vegetable garden that night. (insert eyeroll)

She was a friend to CL. None of us would want to believe a friend was involved. That's a low blow for someone who is already hurting.

We are on witness testimony now, opening statements are over but no - I've never seen anyone object to opening statements, they are only opinions before evidence is introduced. The marital issues were discussed during the witness testimony

I've seen it happen in both opening statements and closings arguments. A prime example was the arias trial.

*All I can say so far (not caught up) is OMG!!!! Thank you SO MUCH, KayKay85 and ConnectZDots for posting the tweets! Thank you!!! This is all so upsetting! GB Beverly's family!

#ArronLewis wearing hidden electric stun belt as precaution against courtroom outbursts bailiffs can trigger by remote control.

[video=twitter;687338009943920640]https://twitter.com/chanleysha/status/687338009943920640[/video]

Omg. I can't stop LOLing!!!!

Gosh I hope he acts out. Mimi probably like to see him dance.

#ArronLewis wearing hidden electric stun belt as precaution against courtroom outbursts bailiffs can trigger by remote control.

[video=twitter;687338009943920640]https://twitter.com/chanleysha/status/687338009943920640[/video]

That alone speaks volumes as to their estimation of his impulse control capacity....Which IS relevant to committing crime

We are on witness testimony now, opening statements are over but no - I've never seen anyone object to opening statements, they are only opinions before evidence is introduced. The marital issues were discussed during the witness testimony

I have seen it occasionally done in other cases. Maybe one objection in opening and closing arguments. The only trial I remember it happen on a regular basis was in the Arias case and objections were made constantly by the defense team. It was maddening how many objections they made but that is highly unusual. In fact it is highly unusual that a Judge would allow that many objections in opening and closings.

If they do object it is like you said and the presiding Judge will tell them openings aren't evidence and then they move along.

Imo, it is better if the Prosecutor doesn't object. They will have a chance to dispel the 'blame the victim game' through witnesses from the witness stand.

However; I detest attorneys who puts the victim on trial and I believe these jurors will too. The subject is totally irrelevant anyway because under no circumstances did he have a right to murder Mrs. Carter. Its just used as a diversionary tactic hoping the jury will be sidetracked by irrelevant BS.

I believe Beverly loved her husband deeply and believe it or not many married women want to still look good for their husbands no matter how many years they have been together.

May justice be done in this very sad case.

She was a friend to CL. None of us would want to believe a friend was involved. That's a low blow for someone who is already hurting.

Would that we could measure the hurt in that courtroom today and gauge who is hurting the most amongst the victims of this crime. It might guide us where to direct our deepest sympathies.

I had wondered how they would keep him from acting stupid. Of course, knowing him he will act out and then sue again.

Would that we could measure the hurt in that courtroom today and gauge who is hurting the most amongst the victims of this crime. It might guide us where to direct our deepest sympathies.

I'm not arguing with you. But you can have sympathy for more than one person. Lots of sympathy for all and that includes CL daughter.

Rhoads had a text distress code with agents, "Where is the red folder?" Didn't get a response from Beverly. #ArronLewisTrial

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I have seen it occasionally done in other cases. Maybe one objection in opening and closing statements. The only trial I remember it happened on a regular basis was in the Arias case and objections were made constantly by the defense team. It was maddening how many objections they made but that is highly unusual. In fact it is highly unusual that a Judge would allow that many objections in opening and closing statements.

If they do object it is like you said and the presiding Judge will tell them openings are evidence and then they move along.

Imo, it is better if the Prosecutor doesn't object. They will have a chance to dispel the 'blame the victim game' through witnesses from the witness stand.

However; I hate detests attorneys who puts the victim on trial and I believe these jurors will too. The subject is totally irrelevant anyway because under no circumstances did he have a right to murder Mrs. Carter. Its just used as a diversionary tactic hoping the jury will be sidetracked by irrelevant BS.

I believe Beverly loved her husband deeply and believe it or not many married women want to still look good for their husbands no matter how many years they have been together.

May justice be done in this very sad case.

Thanks. They did the same in my friends murder trial.... blamed the victim and tried relentlessly to smear her and impugn her character when she was dead and buried and couldn't defend herself against a character assassination. It was heartless to the family to have to sit through that day in day out. And again, there was no relevance to the murder to any of it.

I've seen up close what these trials do to loved ones of murder victims. If ever there was an abiding respect and deep sympathy called for ...its for these families and friends who had their loved one taken so violently.

I hope he acts out. I would like nothing better than to see them zap his worthless arse!

I'm not arguing with you. But you can have sympathy for more than one person. Lots of sympathy for all and that includes CL daughter.

No, you are trying to shame me ...("that is a low blow") ...and I'm not interested in the discussion. It's not about me. Or you. Or the murderer's purported friends. I perhaps am fresh out of sympathy today ...for those who presented false witness on Beverly's thread. Wittingly or not. Nothing personal, just an overwhelming sense of empathy for what the victims loved ones are enduring as we type.

You were right KayKay. Second witness to confirm this.

THV11
@THV11

Prosecution: At time of her death, how was Beverly's marriage? Rhoads: It was good. #ArronLewisTrial
10:35 AM - 13 Jan 2016

This is what I'm talking about

Drew Petrimoulx
@DrewPetrimoulx

Carl Carter Sr. puts head down while defense hammers coworker over #BeverlyCarter personal life. #ARnews #ArronLewis
10:47 AM - 13 Jan 2016

Thanks. They did the same in my friends murder trial.... blamed the victim and tried relentlessly to smear her and impugn her character when she was dead and buried and couldn't defend herself against a character assassination. It was heartless to the family to have to sit through that day in day out. And again, there was no relevance to the murder to any of it.

I've seen up close what these trials do to loved ones of murder victims. If ever there was an abiding respect and deep sympathy called for ...its for these families and friends who had their loved one taken so violently.

I am so so sorry CZD. My heart breaks for you and what you and her family had to endure. I hope the jury looked past the smear campaign and gave your friend justice.

I have seen it happen often, and it never gets any easier for me to digest... so I cant even begin to imagine how hard all of this is on the loved ones of the victim/s or the pain and suffering it causes them. It is a form of re-victimization of the victim all over again. imo

You are absolutely correct, and I have spent over twenty years on message boards always supporting the victim/s or the victim's family members, and others who loved them.

I really wish there was some type of law to prevent the victim from being put on trial, but sadly, it seems the defendants have all the rights and the voiceless victim/s they murdered have none.:(

IMO

So far in trial, crowd has had a few outbursts. Judge threatened to clear room. #ArronLewisTrial

Judge instructing jury not to discuss any aspect of case during lunch break

Trial is now in recess. Resumes at 1:50 p.m. #ArronLewisTrial

Judge addresses crowd: "I have to make sure this crowd is fair." #ArronLewisTrial

THV11 ‏@THV11 2m2 minutes ago

Defense is asking Rhoads if Beverly was smart enough to have secret meanings in her notebook. #ArronLewisTrial
0 retweets 0 likes
THV11 ‏@THV11 3m3 minutes ago

Prosecution earlier accused defense of character assassination of Beverly Carter. #ArronLewisTrial
0 retweets 1 like
THV11 ‏@THV11 4m4 minutes ago

During witness testimonies, Carl Sr. has shown little change in emotion. #ArronLewisTrial

Jury is not allowed to follow the news, read tweets or social media and instructed only to consider the facts they hear in the courtroom

Judge is now telling the crowd not to verbally react to anything said or seen in the courtroom again. There's been 2 outbursts.

Just through tweets, I am feeling the intense energy in that courtroom. I can't imagine how the jurors are feeling. The outrage in the air must be palpable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop