GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lewis: "I didn't believe she was in any type of pain or discomfort." Ab Carter's account of his sexual experience w/ her. #ArronLewisTrial

Johnson asks #ArronLewis how #BeverlyCarter could engage in sex acts he described when she was in weakened state from surgeries.

She was moving around pretty fine to me - #ArronLewis re #Beverlycarter

Lewis: "I didn't believe she was in any type of pain or discomfort." Ab Carter's account of his sexual experience w/ her. #ArronLewisTrial

(More or less saying if he did have sex with her, it didn't hurt....SPS...small petey syndrome.)

The prosecution has rocked this case!!

Justice is coming, sweet Beverly and family!!!

I will have to catch up tonight but one thing stands out to me big time. If BC was in so much pain she needed help to get in bed the last thing she would be able to do is have sex. End of story. Bye bye AL.
This, exactly. After I had weight loss surgery, I had a tummy tuck to remove the extra skin that resulted from the weight loss. It was a long recovery and my tummy was not pretty for some time. Due to the fact that she was still wearing the binder, I just cannot fathom that she was out hooking up. Really. Not only would she still have been in pain, cosmetically the time while you're healing is not a time that you'd want others seeing your incisions, discoloration, swelling, etc. My husband wasn't even allowed to peek at my tummy! There are so many reasons I don't for one moment believe AL's hookup story, but this fact alone slams the door shut on any possibility of it being true in my mind.
As always, prayers go out to the family, may their faith carry them through this horrible task of having to listen to this disgusting venom, on top of their loss.
By AL taking the stand, I do believe he sealed his fate with the jury, thankfully. Beautiful Beverly, I believe with all of my heart, mind and soul that you will soon have justice.

Closings are really critical IMO. They leave that last taste in the jury's mouth and even though they aren't evidence, like opening statements, they're the last thing they hear in a summary fashion and if delivered well can have so much impact.

Meaning looks like its another day I don't get much work done. ;)

Judge is giving the jury instructions ab how they should only use what they've heard in evidence to make their decision #ArronLewis #ARnews

What attorneys are ab2 say in closing arguments is not evidence #ArronLewis #ARnew

Defense has rested its case. Circuit Judge Herbert Wright going over jury instructions. #ArkDG

It is the job of a jury to decide the credibility of witnesses and to do justice #ArronLewis #ARnews

Chanley Shá Painter ‏@chanleysha 2m2 minutes ago
Judge says the testimony of wife has to be corroborated by other evidence to support the truth of her statements #ArronLewis #ARnews

(well that's easy... her testimony is much closer to the evidence than this wacko story AL came up with...)

It is the job of a jury to decide the credibility of witnesses and to do justice #ArronLewis #ARnews

Judge is defining reasonable doubt for jury #ArronLewis #ARnews

Judge says the testimony of wife has to be corroborated by other evidence to support the truth of her statements #ArronLewis #ARnews

The judge is giving the jury instructions before closings bc what attorneys say is argument only and not evidence #ArronLewis

Defense rests after two witnesses. Anyone want to take bets on how long the jury will be out? I say less than an hour. #ArronLewis #ARNews

I predict a very short deliberation time for the jury. This just can't be a tough call for them to make, in light of how the trial has gone, in my opinion.
Hopefully the Carter family will be able to put this trial behind them by the end of the day. Not that that will ease their suffering but hopefully it will bring them a tiny bit of relief that BOTH of the monsters that did this will be locked away.

Bill James entered courtroom with the same sonic drink cup he's had all week; when asked what it contains, he says "Diet Coke" #ArronLewis

I stop at sonic morning happy hour every morning that I work so I almost believe him that it doesn't contain vodka. Lol j/k
Him drinking Diet Coke proves what I've been hearing about diet drinks making people fat! Artificial sweeteners are poison y'all!

I think the Casey Anthony trial has scarred me for life! Although optimistic, I'm still nervous until I hear the verdict.

The pros did a stellar job!

#BREAKING Judge reading instructions to the jury regarding possible verdicts in the case. #ArronLewisTrial

The judge instructing jury that in addition 2 capital murder charge they can also consider the lesser-included offense of murder 1st degree

Judge says jury must also find #ArronLewis guilty of kidnapping beyond a reasonable doubt #ARnews

THV11
@THV11

Prosecution: Pulls out green duct tape. "This is the last thing Beverly saw." #ArronLewisTrial
11:28 AM - 15 Jan 2016

Marielle Mohs
@ElleMohs

Closing statements have started. Prosecution - "I'm here to fight for Beverly" #ArronLewisTrial
11:28 AM - 15 Jan 2016

Haha! Defense chooses not to redirect. I guess so. Get him off of the stand! Defense is sweating bullets and wondering why they ever thought that might work. Zap that belt.

Hi ConnectZ, I feel very certain that his defense lawyer tried desperately to keep this arrogant killer off the stand but as history has repeatedly shown -- those criminals who are psychopathic Narcissists with Borderline features believe that they are are the smartest person in the room, and they just can't help themselves. And throw in really stupid on top of everything else, well this is what happens.

Just really glad that this prosecutor was able to so completely reveal AL's truth for the jury--and for Beverly's family.

I want to say to all the posters who have kept this case updated for us...........Thank you so very much. I read all the tweets yesterday but just didn't have the heart to post until now.

This has been a very hard case for me to follow. It hits too close to home since our youngest daughter is a real estate broker in Charleston and so is her husband. She also holds a position on the SC Real Estate Board.

This case chills me to the bone due to the callousness of it all. My opinion of Crystal still stands. I look at what she did when this crime was happening, and she is just as cold as AL. It has always been amazing to me how psychopaths seem to be drawn to each other like a moth to a flame. Unfortunately we have seen many of these kind of 'teams' who go on to do horrendous things to innocent others.

In fact I find it just as disturbing that Crystal wanted Beverly gone as if she was telling AL to take out the trash. He even asked her more than once did she really want him to get rid of Beverly and really she knew all along he was going to murder her and she just didn't care.

She really got a sweetheart deal for two very serious top felonies of first degree murder and kidnapping. It doesn't even mean she will serve 30 years either. Yet she conspired with him for two weeks showing such cunning and calculating premeditation. Yes, I am thankful she got up there, and told the truth, but I am painfully aware that may have never happened if she hadn't gotten a plea deal. For her to say she still has feelings for someone who is capable of doing something like this shows a lot about her and who she really is deep down inside.

I never once believed the sex allegation made by the very one who has more of a vested interest to lie than anyone. What is disheartening is to know there was never any evidence Beverly had been unfaithful with AL yet the defense attorney is being allowed to smear an innocent woman and re-victimize her and her family members all over again. And the bottom line even if she had it is totally irrelevant with her murder. No sane person is going to believe it was some type of sex game gone wrong when the duct tape was wrapped around her head several times. The ME said it probably took her about a minute to lose unconsciousness but that is enough time for her to know she was going to die. :(

So I believe the jurors are sick and tired of the defense attorney's smear campaign and it will not bode well for their client. It is never wise to insult the intelligence of any jury and I believe that is exactly what they have done.

May I ask why this wasn't a death penalty case? Most cases where the victim is murdered for financial gain are death penalty cases. It doesn't matter if they came to find out she had no money, their objective, and motive was for financial gain.

IMO

You took the words out of my mouth. Thank you for this post. Exactly this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove