GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Possibility he subdued her with the tape on her wrists at the Old River house so she couldn't escape while he pulled the car around, and put tape on her mouth so she couldn't alert neighbors. The mask could have been placed at Argos.

This is what I thought. He had to have the tape off her at some point for her to talk and give him her PIN number. I think he just used enough tape for her not to scream when leaving the Old River house.

Did she possibly get new ones? I've heard of people doing it 2, 3 or more times. Maybe that is the confusion? But at the end of the day, who cares. Doesn't really matter. But pretty sure he did say he took care of her.

Good point hadn't thought of that. Maybe she needed to be bigger for her prostitution job. But I can't imagine AL taking care of anyone.

Possibility he subdued her with the tape on her wrists at the Old River house so she couldn't escape while he pulled the car around, and put tape on her mouth so she couldn't alert neighbors. The mask could have been placed at Argos.

Your probably right. That's maybe where the 2 pieces of green duct tape found in the trunk was from. If she were on her side and had those 2 pieces on her mouth would be able to see from a picture. I bet there was also dna of her saliva on that too but we didnt hear any of that just about the hair being Beverly's. We know she definitely was in that trunk no doubt at all. It just struck me as I was going over my notes posting that CL said she had green duct tape on her face. And how the trace evidence lady spoke of the one large piece covering large area of face.

From what it looked like on the screen (would be reversed) the bright lime green duct tape looked as if it was wrapped around one wrist (think like a bracelet all way around one wrist, then instead of tearing off to just go around that one wrist, the remainder of that piece went and made one loop attaching the other wrist to the first) thats why jmho the 2nd slipped out of the tape when they removed her from the shallow grave.
JMHO

Your probably right. That's maybe where the 2 pieces of green duct tape found in the trunk was from. If she were on her side and had those 2 pieces on her mouth would be able to see from a picture. I bet there was also dna of her saliva on that too but we didnt hear any of that just about the hair being Beverly's. We know she definitely was in that trunk no doubt at all. It just struck me as I was going over my notes posting that CL said she had green duct tape on her face. And how the trace evidence lady spoke of the one large piece covering large area of face.

From what it looked like on the screen (would be reversed) the bright lime green duct tape looked as if it was wrapped around one wrist (think like a bracelet all way around one wrist, then instead of tearing off to just go around that one wrist, the remainder of that piece went and made one loop attaching the other wrist to the first) thats why jmho the 2nd slipped out of the tape when they removed her from the shallow grave.
JMHO

Or it could have slipped out when Mr. Compassionate was trying to get that annoying arm that kept popping up to stay down.

When she was walking up the stairs at the Old River house (he knew she would be trapped with no way to run outside from that point), she would have been standing above him. I wish she would have given him a swift kick to the forehead. I am sure she was in shock, and also had no clue what that monster had in store.

I can't imagine it either (AL taking care of anyone). That would interfere with his video games.

Thankful for the Carter Family not having to go through 2 trials, but wish we knew what all they had on Crystal Lowery. And on Arron Lewis before she took the Plea deal.

So much we will never know. My gut feeling is Crystal was more involved that what she admitted. Trial is get to the point bottom line stuff. Websleuths sleuthing is all the other stuff in between. Or so it seems ;)

I have empathy for Crystal's friends who stuck by her. No wonder she didn't want any of them to attend hearing where she was going to Plea (allegedly and I believe now) she is as much of a coward as Arron Lewis is. I do believe she was scared and why she took the Plea. She didn't have the knowledge of the legal system that her husband had racked up. She repeated over and over same phrase "I plead guilty because I am guilty" (made me think of movies where prisoners captured repeat name rake and serial number ). She definitely knew what she was suppose to say. She answered yes and no and that phrase, until she was pulled out by questions by the Def attorney.

JMHO, the reason that Bill James didnt object to Pros questioning of Crystal and its JMHO, because they were given full free game on questioning Crystal by the Judge. Also they appeared to me to be bringing Crystal to point of sort of humanizing her and Arron relationship he. She was definitely not prepared to have her letters brought out to show that she just lied saying she never wrote Arron saying stuff in letter.

I got the impression she thought she was just going to get up and say her plea stuff and answer yes and no. I think they are both liars and that both told a bit of truth. Where the lines are drawn...?? well they kinda move a bit.

I still think that after she found out about so much being suppressed in Arron case that she was really wishing she hadn't plea. JMHO. I thinking that where they found the taser, during a search warrant. Possibly in her vehicle? It was somewhere for it to be entered into evidence. JMHO

Or it could have slipped out when Mr. Compassionate was trying to get that annoying arm that kept popping up to stay down.

When she was walking up the stairs at the Old River house (he knew she would be trapped with no way to run outside from that point), she would have been standing above him. I wish she would have given him a swift kick to the forehead. I am sure she was in shock, and also had no clue what that monster had in store.

RBBM, No, JP Massiet said that's when her hand came out and in doing so something graphic happened. (I don't want to post that here, to be here forever.)

Anything that allegedly happened inside the house, that was allegedly said or did .... all that came from Arron Lewis interview at the PCSO the day he was arrested. (Det Allison also had it in his report of what was allegedly said on the long car ride too) It was on the tape that they later was told was illegally obtained interview. So as far as what allegedly happened at the house, you have to decide for your self was Arron lying then or telling the truth. All this came from him.

There has been proven both truth and lies in all his statements so I guess one has to chose for themselves. He does like to make it dramatic so I unsure what I believe on that stuff. Also I unsure when he made the audio recording. She suffered from anxiety really bad her friends said. So Beverly was truly being strong for her family, God Bless her!! Not knowing what her normal bubbly voice sounded like, I agree with this reporters thoughts.

User Actions
Follow

Vikk Keith
‏@Vikk_Keith
@KATVElicia what was her demeanor in the recording?
11:52 AM - 15 Jan 2016

KATV's Elicia Dover ‏@KATVElicia Jan 15
KATV's Elicia Dover Retweeted Vikk Keith
She doesn't sound frazzled. Just very matter of fact.

Thankful for the Carter Family not having to go through 2 trials, but wish we knew what all they had on Crystal Lowery. And on Arron Lewis before she took the Plea deal.

So much we will never know. My gut feeling is Crystal was more involved that what she admitted. Trial is get to the point bottom line stuff. Websleuths sleuthing is all the other stuff in between. Or so it seems ;)

I have empathy for Crystal's friends who stuck by her. No wonder she didn't want any of them to attend hearing where she was going to Plea (allegedly and I believe now) she is as much of a coward as Arron Lewis is. I do believe she was scared and why she took the Plea. She didn't have the knowledge of the legal system that her husband had racked up. She repeated over and over same phrase "I plead guilty because I am guilty" (made me think of movies where prisoners captured repeat name rake and serial number ). She definitely knew what she was suppose to say. She answered yes and no and that phrase, until she was pulled out by questions by the Def attorney.

JMHO, the reason that Bill James didnt object to Pros questioning of Crystal and its JMHO, because they were given full free game on questioning Crystal by the Judge. Also they appeared to me to be bringing Crystal to point of sort of humanizing her and Arron relationship he. She was definitely not prepared to have her letters brought out to show that she just lied saying she never wrote Arron saying stuff in letter.

I got the impression she thought she was just going to get up and say her plea stuff and answer yes and no. I think they are both liars and that both told a bit of truth. Where the lines are drawn...?? well they kinda move a bit.

I still think that after she found out about so much being suppressed in Arron case that she was really wishing she hadn't plea. JMHO. I thinking that where they found the taser, during a search warrant. Possibly in her vehicle? It was somewhere for it to be entered into evidence. JMHO

I saw in another case that a plea bargain was revoked when the lady said in a TV interview that she wasn't truly guilty. CL could have been afraid of losing her plea deal due to the comments in the letter and the other inmate.

The defense attorney and Judge in this case are friends on FB. It seems like a conflict of interest, but I guess not, or they would have kept that private.

I agree with you that CL was possibly more involved. If they looked at Beverly's FB prior to the kidnapping, then she would have recognized the granddaughter, or at least the cheer photos, etc. Even if she didn't look, AL did, and was apparently involved in those activities.

The Avon and Mail Carrier candidates still baffle me. Sometimes housewives do that as a little extra income, and for social interaction, so maybe they assumed there would be a wealthy husband involved. For two individuals with such "superior intelligence" it is difficult to grasp their rationalization.

I saw in another case that a plea bargain was revoked when the lady said in a TV interview that she wasn't truly guilty. CL could have been afraid of losing her plea deal due to the comments in the letter and the other inmate.

The defense attorney and Judge in this case are friends on FB. It seems like a conflict of interest, but I guess not, or they would have kept that private.

RBBM, just my opinion that what I think because of the way she kept repeating. I think also that was what the Def was trying to get at that she took the plea out of fear. She looked totally shocked when after she said NO to the question of if she had written A and told him why she took deal. When Bill James asked if seeing the letter would help refresh her memory. And then he told name of the inmate she allegedly told she was mad at taking deal because she was innocent. It was a few min of oh $*%t mode for a few.

And on the facebook stuff, I agree. Maybe its like on tv, do the job during day go have drinks and play ball after work? Still does seem strange. Strange that its even public.....AL said something to that when he was on the stand lol and the Pros OBJECT (he said he knew that Pros and Public defenders work together that the Def attorney doesnt have the Defendants best interest in cases) IIRC that what he was trying to get his point to CL about. JMHO

I agree with you that CL was possibly more involved. If they looked at Beverly's FB prior to the kidnapping, then she would have recognized the granddaughter, or at least the cheer photos, etc. Even if she didn't look, AL did, and was apparently involved in those activities.

The Avon and Mail Carrier candidates still baffle me. Sometimes housewives do that as a little extra income, and for social interaction, so maybe they assumed there would be a wealthy husband involved. For two individuals with such "superior intelligence" it is difficult to grasp their rationalization.

RBBM, he even testified that he took stepdaughter to practice.

I agree with the Def on the scoping out the house in gated community as probably stealing. He waited and watched from the woods. We dont know that he didnt steal anything from that area that day or when or how he got back home. Remember they allegedly had a garage full of stuff that "CL went to yard sales and bought stuff and resold on online yard sale sites for extra money". I believe they were stealing stuff and then resale online. That JMHO.

Like the Def said when he asked CL if she did the same thing every single day. How are you going to know who live at a particular home and what their normal activities are by watching one day. Plus how are you going to kidnap someone in a gated community? Yes you could have drive out in their car and other things I suppose, but again none of the stuff makes any sense (what has been presented anyway) JMHO

They didn't find anything in her car. It was never held for evidence either. Shortly after her arrest it was taken back to the finance company by friends and turned in. Of course, they ask LE first but they said they didn't need it.

I have read two different accounts on whether he actually tasted her or not. I kinda believe he did, because it would be hard to wrap her hands in duct tape while holding a taser on her. Both reports I heard were from reporters. So who knows. I do know this, my husband has always drilled in my head to scream from the get go, if you can. Once he had her mouth taped, she was trapped. Which makes me wonder if CL actually heard him talking to her. I would have screamed then too, if I had the chance. Those houses are close together where AL and CL lived someone might have heard her.

My mother worked 35 years directly with all the judges for the Blue Ridge court system. I can remember asking her, how the attorneys could be so volatile at each other in court and remain friends. She said it was just their job and they left it in the courtroom. She was right, as even now, most all the judges and attorneys both prosecutors and defense all eat lunch together everyday.

They didn't find anything in her car. It was never held for evidence either. Shortly after her arrest it was taken back to the finance company by friends and turned in. Of course, they ask LE first but they said they didn't need it.

Originally Posted by Tallula.Belle View Post
I would be happy if I could help. I still would not be at a all pleased about having my name brought into any LE investigation. Especially one like this. I am sure if she was at his house that LE searched his place too. LE does not come in and search a place and then clean it up. It is ransacked. My family background is all LE and judicial system. Even if he believes her innocence, which btw she is supposed to be until proven otherwise, he is now associated with someone charged with capital murder. That could cause him problems in a lot of areas.
11-04-2014, 09:29 PM #112 nojusticenusa
Former Member
Speaking of her house. My friend was able to get CL's car back today and her house keys. She said the car and house are trashed.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...le-Rock-25-Sep-2014-5&p=11168352#post11168352

Crystal Lowery was arrested on Capital Murder and Kidnapping on Oct 30, 2014. They did search her home and car. And according to NJ her car was trashed. They had to have gotten that flashlight taser from somewhere. Mind you they had already "heard" from AL about a taser in his interview on 9/29/2014 after his arrest. Also the PCSO had already searched the home at 165 Randall Dr, so they should have knew by this search what they were looking for. JMHO

And something else making me not believe Crystals story. Her friend NJ told us that she (NJ) was friends with Beverly Carter in a professional way. So good chances are that some how, there was good possibility that Crystal Lowery knew of Beverly Carter too. Not just her innocent only speaking once on phone and possibly AL looking on BC face book. Crystal Lowery, just my opinion was way more involved.

And reading back through old comments, there was conversations about a "silver car/vehicle" being seen at the abduction home. Crystal Lowery suv was a Silver Hyundai Santa Fe, per JP Massiet when he ran her plates as she pulled in front of him following the ambulance taking Arron Lewis to Baptist Hospital. IIRC NJ said Crystal veh was brown. But that could be faulty memory. If I come across i will link back otherwise, disregard my comment of NJ description if CK car,
JMHO

Thread #1 This is SUNDAY, day of wreck. Where else was it in Media about the other vehicles (other than guy in the news interview)?

09-28-2014, 09:12 AM #424 concernedmother

There is also a comment on the Find Beverly page that 2 neighbors also saw a silver car in the drive, first pulled in then later backed in and at one point Beverly's car, the truck and the silver car were there at the same time. If this is true it certainly puts a spin into things. As close as the houses are, I have no doubt a neighbor would have seen other vehicles there.I guess my question is, why isnt LE asking the publics help in locating this truck/car or whatever was saw in the drive?
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...le-Rock-25-Sep-2014-1&p=11027034#post11027034

09-28-2014, 08:19 PM #817 SteveP's
Durham, NC
Okay, LE said he became a POI when he was involved in a car accident and was taken to the hospital. I am not sure if that means he became a POI when they were called to the accident or he became a POI once at the hospital. If the former, I would guess that his vehicle matched the beaten up slate grey truck or the other car witnesses saw, or else LE saw something in the vehicle that tipped them off (clothing perhaps? real estate literature? her cell phone?). If he became a POI after arriving at the hospital, I would think maybe he had injuries that would not have been consistent with the accident. (maybe scratches from being fought off, or the like?). And I got the impression that perhaps LE escorted him to the hospital, but that may have just been worded vaguely in the article. I assume this hospital is in a relatively urban area, and he apparently fled on foot. I doubt it will take LE long to find him, and I pray he will say or do something that will lead them to her. JMO
Last edited by SteveP; 09-28-2014 at 08:37 PM. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...le-Rock-25-Sep-2014-1&p=11028575#post11028575

11-04-2014, 09:15 AM #42 machiado
Sep 2014

I keep coming back to the alleged observation of two cars, besides BC's car, at the scene of the kidnapping. And I believe no justice said earlier that AL did not own any silver colored cars at that time. Did he borrow a silver extended cap pick-up or silver sedan from someone? If so, who? Who drove the second of the two cars?
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...le-Rock-25-Sep-2014-5&p=11165534#post11165534

:waitasec:

09-27-2014, 07:10 PM #267 TravelingBug

Quote Originally Posted by concernedmother View Post
How did the detectives know she was supposed to show the other property that they searched? Her husband would have had to tell them. Maybe he just started out at the first property and was going to go to the next one if he found nothing there when he was looking for his wife?
The agency seems to have known what she was intending to search. The mention of two additional properties after that came from the agency.

http://www.trendmls.com/Guest/News/I...InmanId=124488
"Carter, 49, was set to show two other properties that day, but never made her next appointments, Steve Brown, executive vice president at Crye-Leike, told Inman News."
And since he knew the first one she was going to and never heard from her or got an indication from her that she was moving on to the next property, he started with the last place she said she was.

And I'm sure her car sitting out there made it apparent she had likely not left there.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...le-Rock-25-Sep-2014-1&p=11025233#post11025233

LAST HOUSE???? this just makes less sense than before.
*Per Brenda Rhodes coworker and good friend, Beverly Carter was suppose to show 2 other homes and 1 was on Kerr Rd, it was a new construction.

THIS!!!!! GREAT POST!!!!!

11-10-2014, 03:53 PM #648 all4justice

After doing some quick research on the charges filed against CL for kidnapping and capital murder in the death of Beverly Carter and my limited understanding of criminal law in general, I have a few thoughts that may shed some light on the State's reasons for charging CL the way they did.

Kidnapping and capital murder both require intent. Applying one particular prong of the kidnapping statute as an example, and assuming that robbery was the underlying motive... if the State believes that Beverly was restrained in order to carry out the robbery against her, or so that AL could flee after he robbed Beverly and she died as a result, then the State would have to prove that CL intended to rob her in order to get a conviction against CL for kidnapping and capital murder. The mere fact that Beverly's phone was in CL's house, or even that AL said that CL was in on the plan to rob Beverly, wouldn't be enough by themselves.

Generally, in order to prove conspiracy between two or more defendants, all you need is an agreement to commit a criminal act, and some type of overt act by at least one of the conspirators in furtherance of the conspiracy. Here, for example, if the State has evidence that CL and AL agreed to contact Beverly and pretend to be homebuyers so that they could rob her, one or both of them restrained her against her will, and Beverly died in the course of, or in the furtherance of their efforts to rob her, this evidence could support kidnapping and capital murder charges in Arkansas.

Thus, CL could have agreed with AL to rob Beverly, participated in her clinicals, stayed at her ex-boyfriend's all weekend while AL did all the acts necessary to carry out the robbery, and still be guilty of kidnapping and capital murder. As long as the State can show an agreement between the two of them, and show that at least one of them did at least one thing to carry out what they agreed to and Beverly died as a result of their efforts to carry out their plan, CL could be convicted of both of these offenses. Evidence of the agreement between the two of them is key. I guess we will have to wait and see what that evidence is...

Links:

http://law.justia.com/codes/arkansas...ter-4/5-3-401/

http://kidnapping.uslegal.com/state-...bduction-laws/

http://law.justia.com/codes/arkansas...er-10/5-10-101
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...le-Rock-25-Sep-2014-5&p=11186907#post11186907

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...le-Rock-25-Sep-2014-5&p=11168352#post11168352

Crystal Lowery was arrested on Capital Murder and Kidnapping on Oct 30, 2014. They did search her home and car. And according to NJ her car was trashed. They had to have gotten that flashlight taser from somewhere. Mind you they had already "heard" from AL about a taser in his interview on 9/29/2014 after his arrest. Also the PCSO had already searched the home at 165 Randall Dr, so they should have knew by this search what they were looking for. JMHO

And something else making me not believe Crystals story. Her friend NJ told us that she (NJ) was friends with Beverly Carter in a professional way. So good chances are that some how, there was good possibility that Crystal Lowery knew of Beverly Carter too. Not just her innocent only speaking once on phone and possibly AL looking on BC face book. Crystal Lowery, just my opinion was way more involved.

And reading back through old comments, there was conversations about a "silver car/vehicle" being seen at the abduction home. Crystal Lowery suv was a Silver Hyundai Santa Fe, per JP Massiet when he ran her plates as she pulled in front of him following the ambulance taking Arron Lewis to Baptist Hospital. IIRC NJ said Crystal veh was brown. But that could be faulty memory. If I come across i will link back otherwise, disregard my comment of NJ description if CK car,
JMHO

CL car was brown/bronze. It was a darker bronze than BC. But not silver. Before her Instagram was removed there were pictures of her car there, and it was clearly not silver. And the person who returned the car said that also, because the car had been parked at their house, prior to being turned into finance company. And the car may have been trashed but there was nothing in it. Yes they got the taser somewhere, but it was not from CL car. I have personally seen copies of what was removed from her car, and there was nothing but a roll of twine, like you would use for craft projects, not tie someone up with. CL drove a brown/bronze Santa Fe Hyundai. The exact color is cabo bronze. With as many mistakes as were made in this case there is no telling where it was found. How many times was it reported incorrectly that BC phone was found in AL car? Which was false. It was verified by LE that CL was in clinicals the night BC went missing, so there is no way her car was there.

NJ only knew of Beverly in a manner that would consist of her knowing who she was, as both ladies have lived and worked in the same area for years. And if you are implying that CL met BC through NJ you are very mistaken. NJ and CL did not hangout together their kids did. For the record, NJ NEVER said she was best buds with CL, <modsnip>

I have read two different accounts on whether he actually tasted her or not. I kinda believe he did, because it would be hard to wrap her hands in duct tape while holding a taser on her. Both reports I heard were from reporters. So who knows. I do know this, my husband has always drilled in my head to scream from the get go, if you can. Once he had her mouth taped, she was trapped. Which makes me wonder if CL actually heard him talking to her. I would have screamed then too, if I had the chance. Those houses are close together where AL and CL lived someone might have heard her.

He probably kept the tape on and asked her yes and no questions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatWal
Back