GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a CT last week at St. Vincent Hospital in LR of my lower back. I did not undress, but they did have me pull my shorts down while covered with a sheet because of the metal zipper. A head CT should not require removal of anything. An MRI is a different matter and I have had those and was put in scrubs.

Beverly's family must be on pins and needles right now, to say the least. :(

Why was he driving so erratically, I wonder...part of his "daredevil" personality? Or was he in a hurry for some reason? Maybe he felt them closing in for some reason?

It's not protocol to take photos of accident victims- in my experience/understanding. Definitely a brilliant move. I'm hopeful that he was in a hurry because he has Beverly alive somewhere...

I live on the northshore. About 35 miles north of New Orleans. It's a nice safe area. The local police department don't play here. And most everyone is packing a weapon. I know I do!

Hi all, I just strayed over from the HG forum and I have to say there is some fast action here.
'Will probably have to wash my eyes before sleeping having strayed way too far on the POI's Facebook page. Oh boy, nasty piece of work, this one.
I wish we had some kind of motive/MO developed for this crime...
Although his behavior toward women is kind of disgusting (as evidenced on facebook) -I don't see this as being sexually motivated. And with the purse staying at the house? Not petty theft gone wrong either...Kidnapping/ransom?
There is speculation in the comments on the KARK site that he was traveling with BC's phone when he crashed, which, if true, would add stupidity to his crimes

I live on the northshore. About 35 miles north of New Orleans. It's a nice safe area. The local police department don't play here. And most everyone is packing a weapon. I know I do!
I wish it were like that around me! I'm in BR, shootings or murders every night (and day lately). :/

I'm usually pretty cynical in cases as far as holding out realistic hope for an abducted victim being held alive. But, I'm more optimisti here than any other past case (since news of the arrest warrant)--maybe because I want to hope this guy is a robber, and not a sexual predator.

But if LE has id'd the suspect, they've obviously been to his home and other places known to him to look for Beverly, which brings me back to not being so optimistic, kwim? jmo

I lived in Slidell, but traveled to New Orleans almost daily. Had things stolen from me on three separate occasions, worth more than 10 k, and had the 17 year old brother of a co-worker shot while walking to a gas station. Too much for me, I like not living in constant tension.

Also, I come from a very low crime capital city in Europe (we had something like 11 murders with a population of around 3 million), so the impact was even stronger.

Thought, if this is some kind of financial scheme on his part, maybe she's being held at one of his "friends" houses? You know, accomplice? Maybe from prison?

Struggling to find motive for Lewis to kidnap Beverly. He's not overly intelligent, the text messages do sound like something he would send. But if the motive was extortion/money, why would he send those dumb text messages instead of a demand?

I wish it were like that around me! I'm in BR, shootings or murders every night (and day lately). :/

I'm in the middle of ya'll in Metairie.... A lot happen close, hope it gets better

Struggling to find motive for Lewis to kidnap Beverly. He's not overly intelligent, the text messages do sound like something he would send. But if the motive was extortion/money, why would he send those dumb text messages instead of a demand?

I'm glad you reminded me of this. I wanted to say earlier, since he sent the messages at 1am, could that mean she (or they) were at the time close by? I guess what I mean is, if he were way far away, he might not seem time to be of essence for the stalling of LE looking for her? Hope this makes sense.

What's the link for the FH? tia

https://www.facebook.com/forbidden.hillcrest

Forbidden Hillcrest began as a satire blog about the Hillcrest neighborhood/part of town in Little Rock. Around the time Facebook became super popular, crime shot up in the area and the page has since become the go to place when something big happens and people want unfiltered/under reported info. It's my favorite page on Facebook

I don't think she is alive anymore. I think there is more evidence that the police does not share at the moment. Having her phone could be explained easily, same for fingerprints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasApril87