GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people harbor A LOT of anger and resentment toward people they consider "rich". For no particular reason. I knew a guy like this once. He's not a killer, but if he were I could imagine him choosing a victim based just on his anger that that person seemed to be "rich" and "have it all". I don't think that targeting her because he thought she was rich necessarily means he planned to get a ransom (although it is possible that was his original plan until something went wrong).

ETA: In my experience, these type of people are the type who blame all of their problems on other people or on circumstance. i.e.; getting arrested was the stupid cops fault, breaking up was all her fault, I got fired from my job because my boss is a ****, I got a bad grade because my teacher hates me... etc, etc.

Sorry if this was discussed... Have they said how he became the POI in the first place?

Some people harbor A LOT of anger and resentment toward people they consider "rich". For no particular reason. I knew a guy like this once. He's not a killer, but if he were I could imagine him choosing a victim based just on his anger that that person seemed to be "rich" and "have it all". I don't think that targeting her because he thought she was rich necessarily means he planned to get a ransom (although it is possible that was his original plan until something went wrong).

In this case, and given his focus on cash and trying to buy a house, I think money was the motivating factor. I just don't see him killing her for the simple reason he thought she was rich. It doesn't fit his profile. There is more to this story.

in this case, and given his focus on cash and trying to buy a house, i think money was the motivating factor. i just don't see him killing her for the simple reason he thought she was rich. it doesn't fit his profile. There is more to this story.

this^

I really think some are not understanding how Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, etc,., work. You can follow strangers. You can find people who have posted pics or videos you like and comment or follow. You can meet people online (gaming) and follow them because of common interests.

I follow TONS of people on Twitter and I have many followers myself but I do not know them. Same with the other social media sites. I know that in this case, there is a link between Trevor M and Lewis, but just know that because you see a "Follower" and even comments to and from each other, it does not necessarily mean they know each other.

Good explanation for those who may not know how SM works. I have followers on FB and I have no idea who most of them are - or why they think I'm worth following :) I only mentioned what I did about Lewis' wife being followed by this guy because it's curious to me whether he was following her prior to all this, or after. Her husband and this guy were friends on other SM, just not FB. That's curious to me, whether it has anything to do with anything, or not.

Lewis obviously knows him, and blurting out his name like that the way he did could have just been some lame attempt to throw a monkey wrench into things.

Question for any law buffs. He is charged with Kidnapping AND Capital Murder, does the kidnapping charge mean that BC was alive and forcibly moved to another location and held against her will? Technically?

I'm saying that with the Kidnapping charge, we should know that she was not murdered at or near the home that she was showing, AL would have had to forcibly move her to another location, prior to her murder? Correct or not always?

In this case, and given his focus on cash and trying to buy a house, I think money was the motivating factor. I just don't see him killing her for the simple reason he thought she was rich. It doesn't fit his profile. There is more to this story.
Maybe he thought she carried the qualifying paperwork with her. That way, the house would be his ( even if he didn't have the money) with her out of the way and her signature for random money he supposedly paid for the house. Maybe he planned on taking her to the office or the bank.

Maybe this Trevor guy and the wife had something going on and AL found out about it. Maybe they had a falling out and AL is trying to take him down with him because of it.

Just thinking out loud!!!
I thought the same thing. Or --they could have set AL up by concocting the kidnapping part promising him money if he did it so they could turn him in and get him out of the way.

Then again Trevor was questioned and released rather quickly so maybe he is the one who had info on AL which made him become a POI so quickly.

This case is just so so so sad.

I really hope that this case prompts the National Realtor Association, or whatever the name of the group is, to implement certain protocols that all female realtors have to abide by. I don't exactly know what could have prevented this tragedy, but certainly there should be some change after this tragedy. In the pictures, the home looks to be in on a big lot, like I mean the houses are not close together like they are in most neighborhoods. Perhaps there can be some protocol of of how a realtor shows homes in a relatively secluded area.

Also, I am curious as to how the booking was made - in person or on the phone? Because if in person, me personally if I had taken one look at this creepy guy, I would have declined to show the home. He does look very creepy and also he does not look like a guy who has the money to buy a home like that. There should have been red flags all over him.

I feel so sorry for her poor husband and kids and grandkids.

Also, I am curious as to how the booking was made - in person or on the phone? Because if in person, me personally if I had taken one look at this creepy guy, I would have declined to show the home. He does look very creepy and also he does not look like a guy who has the money to buy a home like that. There should have been red flags all over him.
She wouldn't have shown a house to this guy if she had met him in person.

Maybe he thought she carried the qualifying paperwork with her. That way, the house would be his ( even if he didn't have the money) with her out of the way and her signature for random money he supposedly paid for the house.

I seriously think this was one of his scams. I think he is a manipulative scammer. He is also highly narcissistic and emotionally stunted. His Facebook, is loaded with evident low self esteem and points to his relationships with women being his evidence of self worth.

Like any red flag abusive personality he would be very charming, and it is evident on his Facebook that any new relationship is met with many gifts in the beginning. Such as the one last fall, about start, buys her a puppy, a car, maybe even a house (according to his way too public Facebook drama) ... It's all correlated to his self worth, being good enough...

So I am guessing that the breakup or pending breakup of AL and his wife, spurned him to either reach out to someone new, or in an attempt to impress his wife back, led him to seek out this home and BC.

I think it was a real estate scam he set up, I think BC, caught on rather quickly once she met him and called him on it, I think he reacted... Violently.

He didn't pre-plan her murder, IMO.
He is a reactive personality, not a proactive.

Entirely my opinion.

I do remember reading in the comments on some random site in the beginning of this case a former CO , from when AL was incarcerated stated that AL is one of the most dangerously manipulative inmates he had ever dealt with (paraphrased) ...

This case is just so so so sad.

I really hope that this case prompts the National Realtor Association, or whatever the name of the group is, to implement certain protocols that all female realtors have to abide by. I don't exactly know what could have prevented this tragedy, but certainly there should be some change after this tragedy. In the pictures, the home looks to be in on a big lot, like I mean the houses are not close together like they are in most neighborhoods. Perhaps there can be some protocol of of how a realtor shows homes in a relatively secluded area.

I feel so sorry for her poor husband and kids and grandkids.

I totally agree with you procedures need to be changed everywhere to improve safety. Apologies for stating this again but as I previously stated my mum worked as an estate agent here in the UK for many years and she was not allowed to show a house to a male on his own a male colleague always went with her. The agency also pre-approved prospective buyers meaning they had to give contact details and proof of ID before going to see properties. My mum now sells houses in a show home so anybody can come in off the street unfortunately but she has to carry a personal alarm with her at all times.

I just read the news that Beverly had been found it is terrible news. I am sure all your posts, thoughts and prayers for Beverly and her family are appreciated. R.I.P Beverly I am so sorry this has happened to you your family, friends and colleagues are in my prayers at this dreadful time. I hope justice is done and this monster never walks the streets again.

So he has just been charged with 4 counts of Fire Arms possession
Kidnapping
Murder
In front of the Judge he said "I just want to plead guilty and get this over with"...The lawyers wouldn't let him do it. Ya'll can comment on WHY they wouldn't let him plead guilty?

I'm a little behind today. Do you have a link for him trying to plead guilty?

FWIW ---> Under the post from about an hour ago (confirming TM was questioned) there is a comment by LH 21 minutes ago - she claims her friend resides next door to 14202 who said they saw BEVERLY with 2 men prior to her disappearace...

https://www.facebook.com/KATVChannel7?fref=nf

I saw that too. So, did this witness call the police to verify there were two people? ( I am getting so lost in all of these possible scenarios) TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nlgal68