GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doc Holladay speaking again about the strength of the family and their faith. Their friends, their church, etc., will help get them through this process. Says they have been very strong, have been out to search sites, been involved on the radio being interviewed.

from presser
- notification of BCs body being found was done at the carter household by LE
- Carter family was so hopeful and kept the fuel going
Q Is lewis considered a suspect in other crimes
A We cannot say right now, but from his actions, he has definitely put himself on the radar (paraphrasing)

Q have you been contacted by other LE agencies in regards to AL
A not about AL, but about similar cases to BC

Q was there a lead detective
A Jeff Alison

Q we heard he wanted to plead guilty ... (couldnt hear more)
A You cant plead guilty until you're formally charged in circuit court. we play by the rules & it's way early to start talking about the disposition of the case

Q i believe they asked something about sexual assual being added
A he said no comment

- were really hoping for a positive outcome
- results from crime lab will be instrumental

Q Did beverly fight back, did someone surprise him (reporter asked that based on ALs criminal past, do they think someone surprised him at the house or did Beverly fight back which escalated to her murder)
A no comment

Q can you tell us more about the appt he made
A still getting more information and not comfortable definitely stating anything

Q have you recoverd a weapon?
- cut off, said that was the last question

Asking that everyone respect the Carter family's privacy at this time.

Mr. Lewis has put himself on the radar and they will be looking at similar crimes in this state and other states.

You can't plead guilty until charged in circuit court. That's why he could not please guilty when he said he wanted to.

Doc Holladay speaking again about the strength of the family and their faith. Their friends, their church, etc., will help get them through this process. Says they have been very strong, have been out to search sites, been involved on the radio being interviewed.
I agree their church family will help them get through this
but IMHOO they will never get over Beverly's murder. :anguish::crying::tears:
You just don't get over it.

Can't comment about possible sexual assault.

When/where she died?

No comfortable about commenting at this time.

Asking if Beverly fought back - won't comment on that.

? asking if she fought him back

can't comment at this time

Asked if they recovered a weapon

Cut off - said that was the last question, but did not answer.

So - interesting that Lewis did not tell where she was. They figured it out with police work. IMO, that's why Lewis said during his perp walk "all of the sudden they were showing me pictures"... wonder if they were pictures of the crime scene? IOW, "We FOUND her, here's what we found." I think this idiot was trying to claim that he took her there but T (not a suspect) was the last one to see her.

Bless her heart, I hope she fought like a wild cat and I hope she haunts his dreams until he draws his last breath. Worthless .

So the presser:
Thank you to everyone.

No comment at this time!
I don't feel comfortable commenting at this time.
The investigation is still in its infancy.
At this time we believe he acted alone.
No comment
Not going to comment on that.

We are building a case, and we are going to follow the rules.

That about sums up the presser ( can you tell I'm disappointed by the lack of information-yes I realize why) .

I was wondering what kind of scam he could do with the house...just dont understand it....

I can't think of any scam where he wouldn't eventually be caught pertaining to the house. If he was familiar with the area, he probably knew the home had been in foreclosure for a long time (I read somewhere 4 years) and the chances of anyone coming in on them would be slim. I think it was just a prime location for him.

My notes on the presser:
Please let me know if I made any errors... TIA...

- AL was a stranger to BC

- There was data from victim's phone

- DP (Death Penalty)?... that is "downstream a ways"

- She was a target of opportunity

- AL made the appointment to buy the house

- Interrogation of AL contributed.. but was not key ... to finding BC

- Cannot share if anything was taken (stolen) from BC

- Trevor has nothing to do with this case at this time

- AL was alone in the car in the accident

- At this time we believe AL acted alone

- Members of the Sheriff's Dept. went in person to the Carter residence to notify the discovery of BC
(Asks that we respect their privacy)

- Jeff Allison is the Lead Investigator

- Cannot comment on sexual charges

- Dump truck was part of the puzzle

JMO...

Held their dog down in the yard and the police didn't do anything about that? " but seen him by viewing the camera. police did show up but did nothing and he also held their dog down in backyard but did get arrested for that." If LE took animal abuse more seriously, a lot of these psychos would be nipped before they escalate to women and children!

This comment, and other things we have heard about the suspect and seen on his FB make me believe that he loves to be in control of women and use sex as a means of power or control over them.

Agreed. Honestly, I am suprised that no ones boyfriend/husband/brother/father has beaten him senseless. I could only imagine if some crazed, sex obsessed man came to my house at 1 am while my husband wasn't home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member