GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree fully, unplanned!

I seriously think this was one of his scams. I think he is a manipulative scammer. He is also highly narcissistic and emotionally stunted. His Facebook, is loaded with evident low self esteem and points to his relationships with women being his evidence of self worth.

What would the scam be pertaining to the house? Most scamming in home buying has to do with crooked financing. Maybe I am missing something....TIA

received_m_mid_1412083952021_84fb8fd436ea1cbd89_0-791773.jpeg

So sorry for how this all turned out...my sympathies to her family and friends. Thanks to everyone for sharing any information you have, or your theories, here. It helps those of us trying to make sense out of this tragedy.

As far as possible co-conspirators (or accessories before/after the fact) to the abduction and murder:

Can anyone find information on the crimes that landed him in prison last time? I believe it was theft by fraud at multiple Walmarts and dealing in stolen property by selling the ill-gotten goods online.

He had 2 co-defendants who were also convicted, IIRC. Are they still in prison?

I read somewhere (it may have been social media FWIW) that his ex-wife aided & abetted their scheme. I doubt she would help him this time though, especially if he wasn't paying his child support. But he does seem to have a way of getting women to do his bidding, even when it is definitely not in their best interests to do so.

Regarding his lies, he lies to make himself look good. He lies to make others look bad. He lies to get what he wants. He lies to make others suffer. He lies to seem interesting or to entertain. He lies for sympathy. He lies about stupid, irrelevant things. He is a liar who probably has no authentic anything inside of him, including a conscience. That's my opinion anyway. I hate to be so judgmental but he doesn't present well, especially on social media.

BBM I know he had injured his face in the car accident however I would assume that the first thing that the nurses would have done when he arrived at the hospital was to clean up his bleeding wounds. I doubt he left the hospital in the same condition he entered. (Meaning I doubt he was walking around with blood all over his face.) Just an observation.
My brother was shot and still had blood everywhere 24 hours later...I think things moved to quickly for major cleanup.

The fact that her body has already been released by the coroner's office, or will be within a day or so (leaving enough time to prepare her for burial) leads me to believe that the cause of death and evidence on her body is very straight forward. Praying for her family and loved ones in this difficult time.

My brother was shot and still had blood everywhere 24 hours later...I think things moved to quickly for major cleanup.

His face was probably even cleaned up, to some extent, in the ambulance on the way to the hospital to get a better idea of his injuries, etc. He was arrested 24 hours later and didn't have any blood on his face or even, that I could see, obvious signs of trauma on his face or person. I just don't think he was cockroaching around town with blood smeared all over his face. MOO.

Where did the information on the second smaller silver car come from? I read it once as rumor in the comment section of a FB page. Was it in MSM or posted as fact on the FB FB page in the beginning? Every FB post I read regarding Beverly still has at least one person stating that the car accident photo was uploaded to her iCloud account as though it is fact. Wondering if the second car is fact or just Internet rumor? TIA

I don't remember where I read it but supposedly a neighbor to Old River Rd said they saw it but I don't know if it is a fact or rumor. Good question that I would like clarification on as well.

Maybe... he wanted to go to Baptist LR locale because that's where CL worked or studied. If it's not an emergency, the ambulance will take you to your requested hospital.

Maybe he took the truck from the construction site near the hospital. I'd lay odds that his former employer was one of the contractors on site. It is actually common to leave keys in vehicles at construction sites. Sounds dumb but that's what they sometimes do. Almost all dump trucks or other heavy equipment are equipped with GPS to prevent theft and aid in recovery.

Maybe he sent a text to TM, (who has been CLEARED) for a ride from the hospital.

I do have a question: someone above mentioned that the car he was driving when he had the accident was not his. Is there a source for this? TIA

Don't have time to look for a link right now. I read it about the time the accident became public & it was stated that the owner didn't want his name made public.

So sorry your brother was shot.
The face is very vascular & activity (even though told to rest) can restart bleeding too.
(My experience with instructing patients post OP)
JMO

I agree with you. There is no way that he would qualify for a home loan without a job (I would also venture to say he doesn't have great credit either) unless he was planning on using wife/gf to qualify. BUT remember, he said he was a cash buyer. He would have to show proof of funds but there would be no need to qualify for a loan.

I dont think he had any intention of buying a house.
I think he was bored wanted to waste someones time pretending to buy a house. When she wasn't buying into it maybe told him to leave and not waste her time then he became violent. I think this dude has a short fuse and I think she fought him hard.

The fact that her body has already been released by the coroner's office, or will be within a day or so (leaving enough time to prepare her for burial) leads me to believe that the cause of death and evidence on her body is very straight forward. Praying for her family and loved ones in this difficult time.

Have they said a cause of death yet? I been caught up, just don't see that

Did he wreck HIS beat up old truck or someone else's truck? tia

I am just saying that perhaps the rules need to change. If they have cash, there is certainly nothing wrong with a 75,000 cashiers check upfront or even a 50,000 cashiers check that can be verified. That's normally not going to cover a sales price anyway.

why would any one do that before they have seen the house and decided they want to buy it? no one is gonna turn over money to an agent in the hopes that maybe they will buy a house.

I am still curious as to what initially put him onto the polices radar. I have heard people post it was from her phone, but....they did not have her phone....IMHO

you can log on to your phone's detail billing online and see all the phone numbers that were dialed or texted--no phone needed. Her husband could have done a print out for the police.

Why would he be looking at homes for sale? He had lost his job (which he held only a few months, after many months of unemployment, I think) and was behind on his child support.

However, I also can't imagine where he would have gotten the $17,000 in cash to buy the last place so I may be overlooking something obvious. If I am, please clue me in. I'm unable to get a grasp on him with so many confusing details about him.

He is not that bright with some things, but he is educated in the life of crime and manipulation, that is his expertise and his narcissistic personality. His life has mostly been in prison, they learn how to con women for money and they gamble for money, I imagine he had women on the outside sending him money and he probably was gambling. They all have their hustle in prison. I used to counsel native american inmates and I learned a lot about how they make money in prison. He had probably someone on the outside to receive that money for him, and then had it saved up. He is very smooth when it comes to conning women, it is evident from his FB page how he bounced from one to another. So that is probably how he saved up that amount of money and also the stolen stuff he sold on EBay.

Why would he be looking at homes for sale? He had lost his job (which he held only a few months, after many months of unemployment, I think) and was behind on his child support.

However, I also can't imagine where he would have gotten the $17,000 in cash to buy the last place so I may be overlooking something obvious. If I am, please clue me in. I'm unable to get a grasp on him with so many confusing details about him.

I don't think that he actually had the money. I think that he lied about being a cash buyer and figured that he could somehow manipulate the system. Some people still think that cash gets you a better price too so they say they are a cash buyer and then once a price is agreed upon they figure out financing. I think that BC maybe told him to shoot for a lower range home once she caught on to the fact that he did not have the money, nor would he qualify for a big loan and that may have sparked his rage at a woman who he may have perceived as looking down on him.

Many people dream big but are brought back to reality when the money just isn't there. AL may live in his own little world where he deserves more than he has earned. JMO

What is so weird is when he said that the last time he saw her (Beverly) was 2 days ago and that Trevor had sent him a bunch of texts, but the police wanted his (AL's) phone. So was she being held for days or what?

This triggered something that I wanted to mention yesterday. Going back to late Monday night/early Tuesday morning, I was watching local news here in the LR area because I couldn't sleep. We must remember that he was TWICE transported out to the jail. I want to create a timeline of this period, please...

At approx. 12:30 a.m., AL was transported from the PUCO Investigations Unit to the county jail for booking. It was at this time that reporters asked him about BC, and he replied, "Who? Who's that?" This was the time that he was cocky. He got into the back of the sheriff's cruiser and flashed the deuces peace sign to the cameras.

Surely what he didn't realize, what he hadn't been told by PUCO officers, is that BC's body had been found in Cabot within that half-hour. He knew he had confessed to kidnapping by this time, and having known he had admitted to officers of what he was being accused, he had accepted it and was cocky as could be to reporters and cameras. The spotlight was on, and he relished it, it certainly appeared.

At 2:00 a.m., the family and close co-workers were notified. At 3:00 a.m., it all broke to the public. Meanwhile, in this time period, with the reporters and cameras gone from the Investigations Unit, investigators came back and AL was brought back in from the jail.

At approx. 4:00 a.m., AL was led back to the sheriff's cruiser to head back to the county jail. The cockiness was gone. He mentioned the things "they showed him", which certainly seems to be a reference to investigators showing him pictures of the shallow grave in Cabot. He mentioned the name of his "co-defendant, Tr****" (TM). He told the family he was "sorry". He said he did it because she "was a rich broker", and because "she was alone". There was no peace sign this time around. There was a blank stare of an animal caught in a trap with no way out.

Two things stand out to me here: a) the investigators were brilliant in sending him to the jail at 12:30 a.m. after they knew BC was not alive. He let his guard down. He thought he was free to a certain extent, and probably figured he would skate through somehow. It also got the news teams away from the Investigations Unit, so that returning markeds and/or unmarkeds could come in without media awareness. This, in my opinion, was a stroke of genius by Doc Holladay and his office.

But, b) why did AL come out to the media with the name of his co-defendant at 4:00 a.m.? He was spinning wildly at this point, and his heart rate had to be off the charts. He didn't throw him under the bus at 12:30 a.m. when the ego was out in full view, so when things truly got desperate, why then?

To close it up, AL strikes me as someone who does absolutely stupid things when he panics. That's a theme through his relationships, his arrests, the complaints filed against him, the 4:00 a.m. walk, and I think it is a theme through BC's killing and his Sunday morning accident. I don't believe he was on drugs, as many have suggested. His eyes, though naturally sunken, appear too clear to me. The only time he has appeared "spaced out" to me was at 4:00 a.m., which would even more so indicate to me that he was all too coherent of his plight. The only thing I know for certain is that the investigation team knows more than me about this, but I'm having a hard time swallowing the notion that he acted alone. His reactions and the logistics of the whole situation make that hard to me to accept.

As a REALTOR I can give you some of the most likely scenerios. We don't deal in cash, so even on a cash deal the cash is taken on the day of closing to the closing company, not the real estate company. We are no different that any other law abiding citizen that would have some walking around money on them, no large sums though. We drive fancy cars that are financed to the hilt. So him running a real estate scam is out of the question because without ficticious financing, there can't really be a scam. Robbery would be a possibility, but the take wouldn't be much and with her purse remaining in the car this motive is doubtful. A planned sexual attack is feasible. Her photo showed her to be a 10, so if you are shopping for someone to attack for sex you'll pick the prettiest one. Unfortunately, most sexual attacks of this nature end in the death of the victim. If the autopsy shows she was raped, then it's a pretty good guess that this was the motive. Kidnapping for ransom, well somebody would have gotten a ransom call and to our knowledge that didn't happen. Now kidnapping in order to carry out the sexual attack would be very likely as the perp doesn't know when the house is scheduled to be shown next, so his priority would be to get her out of that house and take her to a preplanned lair. NEVER LEAVE THE SCENE OF THE FIRST CRIME WILLINGLY FOLKS!!! Murder without any other motive would lead me to believe that it would be a murder for hire. Face it, people don't just randomly kidnap a person and murder them, they kidnap for other causes and the murder is the disposing of evidence to the crime. So if it turns out to be just a murder they should look at who will benefit from her death, once again, very doubtful of this as a motive. Which returns us to sexual predator and only the autopsy will show that.

To close it up, AL strikes me as someone who does absolutely stupid things when he panics. That's a theme through his relationships, his arrests, the complaints filed against him, the 4:00 a.m. walk, and I think it is a theme through BC's killing and his Sunday morning accident. I don't believe he was on drugs, as many have suggested. His eyes, though naturally sunken, appear too clear to me. The only time he has appeared "spaced out" to me was at 4:00 a.m., which would even more so indicate to me that he was all too coherent of his plight. The only thing I know for certain is that the investigation team knows more than me about this, but I'm having a hard time swallowing the notion that he acted alone. His reactions and the logistics of the whole situation make that hard to me to accept.

I agree 100 % .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member