GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought, re: drug addicts shaving their heads, one might also shave his/her head to destroy evidence of drug usage.

Do we know if he was possibly subject to hair drug testing as a condition his parole?

(At the head shop next to the Whizzinator's, there are also shampoos designed to help a person pass a drug test).

For reference:

Hair Testing FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions: Hair Testing
https://www.omegalabs.net/hair-testing-service/hair-testing-faqs/other-services.cmsx

Just a thought, re: drug addicts shaving their heads, one might also shave their head to destroy evidence of drug usage.

Do we know if he was possibly subject to hair drug testing as a condition his parole?

(At the head shop next to the Whizzinator's, there are also shampoos designed to help a person pass a drug test).

For reference:

Hair Testing FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions: Hair Testing
https://www.omegalabs.net/hair-testing-service/hair-testing-faqs/other-services.cmsx

He was on formal probation, which means he was subject to random drug testing, including hair follicle. On NG tonight, a professional commented how the PO system failed Beverly. Most felonious thieves have addiction issues. How did his PO not get involved after the harassment of the young neighbor girl, who was so frightened by him that she contacted the police?

Hi I'm new here and I'm a local in the central Arkansas area.

This house was a VA foreclosure and it was listed by Mason and Sons Reality. Every house I have ever seen by Mason is foreclosed and kind of run down. A lot of people seek these out as houses to fix up and flip because they normally need a lot of work. I read that he has bought a few houses and even paid cash for one so there is a slight chance that this started out as AL really thinking he was going to go look at this house and low ball it and get some great deal. (However this is a larger house and I'm not sure how he would have that kind of cash).

As far as the referral goes I assume it was a situation where he called someone about the house and they told him to call her because she lived in that area so it would be closer for her. I have looked at these houses in the past and had Realtors tell me to call someone else because they worked the area. I also think these foreclosures sit around a long time and some people don't wont to deal with them and they don't want to drive to Scott for a house that's not going to sell. If memory serves me correctly these VA Foreclosures may not pay full commissions either??? If that's the case it may be another reason BC was referred because she was one of the Brokers at her office and she would be paying the broker portion of the commission to herself. (Or he could have easily called and told BC that so and so told him to call her even if they didn't.)

Also in my opinion a lot of Realtors around here are laid back and don't really stress out about the pre-qualified until you start making offers or wanting to see dozens of houses for a week strait. They will meet you and show you one or two houses without much hassle.

As far as the pic goes I'm almost positive the police took the pic. It was reported that he was a POI before the wreck and it stated that he wrecked once he realized he was being followed and tried to speed away. If you will read the accident report you will see that the witness following behind him was Witness Swagerty. Witness S is a we'll known Pulaski County Sheriff. I have family members who saw the wreck on there way to church and saw several unmarked police cars at the scene with AL sitting in the ditch looking exactly like the pic.

Once AL left the hospital he stole the dump truck from Argos in Little Rock (AL did Not steal it from the Cabot location as some have thought). Argos used to be Southern Star Concrete so that is why both names have been mentioned. Argos has a mixing yard less than nine miles from the hospital in Little Rock. There is also a major freeway construction project a few hundreds feet from the hospital at the I-430 & I-630 interchange and there is a high likely hood that Argos has trucks that they leave on that site. Being a dump truck it is likely that they have a contract moving materials at the freeway location and the trucks stay parked there at night.

Argos has several locations in central Arkansas and I'm not sure which one he worked at but I'm sure if they had a big concrete pour in one town verses another they would divert trucks from one location to another the keep up with the demand. This would have made AL familiar with 2 or 3 locations. The Cabot location where BC was found is very secluded back in the woods so I'm sure this is why he chose that location.

I feel like he had help even if it was only after things went bad and they helped move her. I also know there is no way he could go from Scott at 5:30pm then to Cabot with BC and get stuck and then home to wash his truck by 7:00 or 7:30pm and his neighbor said.

This house was a VA foreclosure and it was listed by Mason and Sons Reality. Every house I have ever seen by Mason is foreclosed and kind of run down. A lot of people seek these out as houses to fix up and flip because they normally need a lot of work. I read that he has bought a few houses and even paid cash for one so there is a slight chance that this started out as AL really thinking he was going to go look at this house and low ball it and get some great deal. (However this is a larger house and I'm not sure how he would have that kind of cash).

As far as the referral goes I assume it was a situation where he called someone about the house and they told him to call her because she lived in that area so it would be closer for her. I have looked at these houses in the past and had Realtors tell me to call someone else because they worked the area. I also think these foreclosures sit around a long time and some people don't wont to deal with them and they don't want to drive to Scott for a house that's not going to sell. If memory serves me correctly these VA Foreclosures may not pay full commissions either??? If that's the case it may be another reason BC was referred because she was one of the Brokers at her office and she would be paying the broker portion of the commission to herself. (Or he could have easily called and told BC that so and so told him to call her even if they didn't.)

Also in my opinion a lot of Realtors around here are laid back and don't really stress out about the pre-qualified until you start making offers or wanting to see dozens of houses for a week strait. They will meet you and show you one or two houses without much hassle.

As far as the pic goes I'm almost positive the police took the pic. It was reported that he was a POI before the wreck and it stated that he wrecked once he realized he was being followed and tried to speed away. If you will read the accident report you will see that the witness following behind him was Witness Swagerty. Witness S is a we'll known Pulaski County Sheriff. I have family members who saw the wreck on there way to church and saw several unmarked police cars at the scene with AL sitting in the ditch looking exactly like the pic.

Once AL left the hospital he stole the dump truck from Argos in Little Rock (AL did Not steal it from the Cabot location as some have thought). Argos used to be Southern Star Concrete so that is why both names have been mentioned. Argos has a mixing yard less than nine miles from the hospital in Little Rock. There is also a major freeway construction project a few hundreds feet from the hospital at the I-430 & I-630 interchange and there is a high likely hood that Argos has trucks that they leave on that site. Being a dump truck it is likely that they have a contract moving materials at the freeway location and the trucks stay parked there at night.

Argos has several locations in central Arkansas and I'm not sure which one he worked at but I'm sure if they had a big concrete pour in one town verses another they would divert trucks from one location to another the keep up with the demand. This would have made AL familiar with 2 or 3 locations. The Cabot location where BC was found is very secluded back in the woods so I'm sure this is why he chose that location.

I feel like he had help even if it was only after things went bad and they helped move her. I also know there is no way he could go from Scott at 5:30pm then to Cabot with BC and get stuck and then home to wash his truck by 7:00 or 7:30pm and his neighbor said.

Welcome ARSleuth :)

:welcome5:

House listing with room photos, http://www.masonandco.com/listingview.php?listingID=3487. Sorry if this has already been posted. Wide open house. The value must be in the location with the lake in back??

I wonder if they walked through the whole house or if she was taken right in the entryway.

Local here also. I work in little rock near baptist and live in Cabot near enough to the plant that I heard sirens responding to what I know believe was the finding of her body. I was awake and thought there was a bad accident on Hwy 107 because I could hear so many responders.

Anyway, I can get to Scott quick from here. I would say without traffic, 30 minutes is doable one way.

I have to get my kids up for school and get to work . I wish I had time to formulate my thoughts and theory to share. But I just don't think he buried her Thursday night. I'm sure the plant was open on Friday morning. I think he buried her just before he had the accident in Jacksonville which would be on his way out of Cabot back toward Little Rock. That's jmo and moo . I have more that I wanted to respond to but time is not on my side this morning. Welcome!

I just watched the Nancy Grace clip of Carl, Jr. and sat here and cried. Why Why Why? What did AL hope to gain? What even in his warped mind did he think he would gain? Everyone has their opinions and thats what makes WS a great community. I learn so much from you all every day - things I had not considered, etc. But this is my opinion, subject to change as more information comes out.

I do not see Beverly as being anything but professional and polite even if a hobo had walked in wanting to see the house. She may have kindly steered the conversation to other properties, asked some leading questions, etc. but in no way do I see her reaction to him causing any of this. IMO this was planned out and carried out by more than one person. I have valiantly tried to not get caught up in the crazy fray of AL's lies and my common sense tells me that surely LE would not let a murderer or accomplice to a murderer walk the streets while they figure it out, but something feels off. IMO AL seems to be the fall guy because he is the liar of all liars and of course no one will believe him. Anyway, my heart hurts this morning for Beverly's husband, and her entire family. Carl, Jr. broke my heart. God bless them all and give them peace.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1410/01/ng.01.html
NANCY GRACE

Carter`s Body Found Through Cell Phone;
Joining me right now there on the scene, Dan Grossman, reporter with CNN affiliate KTHV. Dan, we are learning so much. And I have been told

that the way Beverly`s body was found buried in that shallow grave dug at Argos cement company, where the suspect used to work until he was fired,

was through her cell phone? Is that true, Dan?

DAN GROSSMAN, KTHV: Yes, Nancy. There are still not many details being released

STEVE HELLING, "PEOPLE" MAGAZINE: Well, yes, you`re exactly right, Nancy. They -- they went and they -- they looked at her cell phone records

and they figured out where that had pinged and where the cell phone had been. And then they started putting two and two together. The concrete

company where she was found was actually where Lewis had worked there for a few weeks. So they kind of put two and two together and zeroed in on where

she was.

(I know. Why didnt they find her sooner then, but that is what both these people said.)

People mag reporter on NG said it was her cell phone ping that lead them to her body.

sorry, I'm behind this morning on the thread....I thought the police had her phone due to it being found in crash. How did they trace a ping if they had the phone? Or was it from an earlier ping? TIA

See NG transcript above. Im not sure I believe these reporters either due to the timing of her discovery and his booking. A tip makes more sense to me but again. There is alot about this case not making sense to me or adding up.

sorry, I'm behind this morning on the thread....I thought the police had her phone due to it being found in crash. How did they trace a ping if they had the phone? Or was it from an earlier ping? TIA
Was it found with him? [modsnip]Then I heard that it was just speculation. If the phone was found with him, that could have happened. Ai yi. I need sleep.

They did her autopsy. I keep checking to see if any more charges have been added and so far their hasnt. I dont know what he thought he would gain by robbing her. Just because he has $17,000 in a back pack previously to buy a house dont he realize most normal people use banks? The robbery motive seems a little far fetched to me.

I thought that the $17k was from a previous house purchase and had nothing to do with this crime at all. Didn't another Realtor say that when he purchased his last house that he came with a back pack filled with that cash? I feel like this info got melded in with this case and it is from a previous real estate deal.

I think this will eventually be one of those 20/20 episodes. I, too, think someone else was involved. If this case is closed prematurely...what a shame.

As I true crime reader, I'd love to see this as a book someday, by a good writer.

Rumor, rumor, rumor because none of that's been confirmed. :)
uNLESS IT WAS CONFIRMED EARLY THIS AM.

I know people in LE and the court system so I'm about to dig around for more rumors from reliable sources. But I won't post rumor. I'm learning. Lol

I know people in LE and the court system so I'm about to dig around for more rumors from reliable sources. But I won't post rumor. I'm learning. Lol

:loveyou:

I thought that the $17k was from a previous house purchase and had nothing to do with this crime at all. Didn't another Realtor say that when he purchased his last house that he came with a back pack filled with that cash? I feel like this info got melded in with this case and it is from a previous real estate deal.
That is why I said previously. . I havent seen it mixed in with this case? My comment was just pointing out his past behavior and surely he doesnt think everyone else does that? Trying to figure out his logic for a robbery motive since she probably didnt have much of value with her on a showing. jmo

That is why I said previously. . I havent seen it mixed in with this case? My comment was just pointing out his past behavior and surely he doesnt think everyone else does that?

I have seen it mixed in a couple of times. I just was clarifying that I was not misunderstanding or that I did not miss some info on him having cash on hand the day that he met BC.

I have seen it mixed in a couple of times. I just was clarifying that I was not misunderstanding or that I did not miss some info on him having cash on hand the day that he met BC.

He must have hit the jackpot on a previous robbery to have $17,000 stashed in a backpack when he bought that other property. Everyone couldnt whip out that much money. There are probably alot of robberies he never got caught at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo