GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this was a kidnapping for ransom, how would he have ended it any other way but murdering her? Even if he asked for a ransom and it was delivered he couldn’t let her go. He couldn’t kidnap her with a ski mask on to disguise his appearance because they were meeting at a house in semi-public. They live in the same small community and, as discussed earlier, his step daughter and her granddaughter were on the same cheer team. Even he would have been smart enough to contemplate what his exit strategy would be if he kidnapped someone. He certainly planned at least 2 days prior to meeting her by calling and setting up the appointment. He would have had to be planning to kill her one way or another if it was a kidnapping. So, why kill her early before he even made an attempt to get the money? I don’t buy that she was hard to control. She’s 50, he’s in his 20s. He could have zip tied her and put her in a car trunk if she was being combative. He could have killed her and still asked for the ransom. No one knew where she was.

Something doesn’t jibe.

Good point..I always said something was "hinky" with this case... or just doesn't jive. He's a thief and not typically a killer. He did say that " I'm just sorry it all happened. I just want it all over."http://www.ozarksfirst.com/story/d/story/aaron-lewis-pleads-not-guilty-to-murder/30290/lU9H_MsreUeQW2Odd9sCuA

He's not wanting to name anyone ( or never said anything to the location of the body) and wants it "under-the-rug" and fast. Which I find odd.

I just checked the links.. Says it's only encountering problems and trying to fix .... Should be back shortly... Unfortunately no I didnt... Sorry... Did you see them at all?

I saw it earlier. It's there.. site is just down.

Good point..I always said something was "hinky" with this case... or just doesn't jive. He's a thief and not typically a killer. He did say that " I'm just sorry it all happened. I just want it all over."http://www.ozarksfirst.com/story/d/story/aaron-lewis-pleads-not-guilty-to-murder/30290/lU9H_MsreUeQW2Odd9sCuA

He's not wanting to name anyone ( or never said anything to the location of the body) and wants it "under-the-rug" and fast. Which I find odd.

I wonder if LE REALLY think or know he did this alone??

I think he was hired to do this.

JMO

I don't know but wonder about this possibility myself.
Would LE let the public know if Beverly was sexually assaulted?
If she was not, a business related deal seems more likely imo.
Also considering if he planned this in advance (appointment made), the sexual motive seems less likely.
Unless, during the showing, he perceived that she insulted him (as suggested before). But people who knew Beverly can't imagine her insulting anyone (that's why I used perceived).

The way he was caught/turned in seems a little fishy imo. I've read two or three versions of the "chase". One version was in the paper (article on line I should say) and another version was in a local blog and some other details seemed off somewhere else too.

If he wanted money, why not rob a bank?

I know people tried to explain it to me but I still can't understand why the Realtor in Lonoke was there if Beverly was supposed to show a house to AL out there too. Why wouldn't Beverly show the house if she was planning to drive out there herself?
Who was the client out in Lonoke and was it the same house AL wanted to see being shown to someone else?
If the Realtor knew Beverly was expected in Lonoke before the weird responses to her texts came through, did she express her concern to someone else within their group?
I'd like to know the outcome of the predicament the Realtor was in.

May be there was another client who wanted to see the house too...

I find the whole thing weird, was she raped,stabbed, shot? Why did he take her but not her purse, why not take her car? Where did he take her? Why did he text husband? Why weren't we told condition of her body? Did she put up a fight? Were there any scratches on him? And this memorial fund is just weird!! Where is the husband and why is the son always on social media?

Hello, Woe.! :blowkiss:

The other realtor locked herself out of one of Beverly's listing (in Jacksonville) after the realtor had shown the house to her client. The other relator was calling Beverly to ask for help help but Beverly wasn't answering her phone and then responded via text saying she was with a client in Lonoke and couldn't help. (Beverly wasn't in Lonoke.) The last article I read on the subject stated that Beverly was meeting AL (who used a fake name and telephone number) to show him the first home that she was kidnapped from and then was supposed to show him another home in Lonoke. LE has stated that she never made it to the Lonoke home. Sorry if that is hard to follow....my brain is tired. :bed:

Thanks Voice! I didn't know AL used a fake name and number when he made the appointment. He was definitely up to something in that case. The rest of what you describe is what I thought I understood earlier. But it isn't clear if there were two houses in Lonoke or only one and why Beverly would ask someone to fill in for her if she was planning to drive out there herself the same evening.

I know people tried to explain it to me but I still can't understand why the Realtor in Lonoke was there if Beverly was supposed to show a house to AL out there too. Why wouldn't Beverly show the house if she was planning to drive out there herself?
Who was the client out in Lonoke and was it the same house AL wanted to see being shown to someone else?
If the Realtor knew Beverly was expected in Lonoke before the weird responses to her texts came through, did she express her concern to someone else within their group?
I'd like to know the outcome of the predicament the Realtor was in.

Each realtor had her own client. They were working independently. The system allows all agents to show any property, so this lady was simply showing Beverly's listing to her own client(s).
The other realtor had locked herself out during her showing, and since it was Beverly's listing, she texted her to see if maybe she had a key handy because it was Beverly's listing.
I doubt very much how the realtor got back in, or who her client was, or if AL was supposed to see that same home has much to do with anything.

I find the whole thing weird, was she raped,stabbed, shot? Why did he take her but not her purse, why not take her car? Where did he take her? Why did he text husband? Why weren't we told condition of her body? Did she put up a fight? We're there any scratches on him? And this memorial fund is just weird!! Where is the husband and why is the son always on social media?

I heard during a newscast the night of visitation that Carl Sr. was going to make a statement after the funeral. I have no idea which local news station it was on as the only time I watch local news is if it comes on after something I have watched and I just haven't changed the channel. But since they were talking about this case I listened and watched. I don't know if they meant right after or a week after or in writing or to a reporter. I just know I heard that, but I have not heard of him doing so. Did anyone else happen to catch that or has anyone heard of him having anything to say since the funeral? I took it that he was too distraught to talk before it was over. I don't think he had any involvement in this. That's my opinion that I formed from the beginning of seeing him the first time on the news. I am local. I do not know anyone in the Carter family. I do know many people who either know Carl Jr. and his wife and/or Beverly.

Below is a news report that somehow I had not read before. Look at the image... I'm not sure what that means? I've never heard anything about 909 Dortch Loop, NLR.

I looked up county records about that address and it is a vacant trailer owned by a man that lives in Cabot, AR. Then I looked up the phone number that is listed on the image above that address and it belongs to a business "Bobby Smith Roofing." and further down in the search the number also belongs to Carter Construction.

So, I'm not sure why that address was circled other than it is right off Baucum Road where they got a ping from Beverly's phone.

Anybody have any ideas on this?

http://www.re-newsit.com/2014/09/realtor-beverly-carter-51-shows-house.html

...Beverly Carter was last seen wearing a black sleeveless shirt and red shorts.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts is urged to call the Pulaski County sheriff’s office’s 24-hour communications number, (501) 340-6963; its criminal investigations division, (501) 340-6940; or the central Arkansas CrimeStoppers tip line, (501) 340-8477.

A Facebook post reads:

The following quotes come from a close friend/coworker of the missing woman:
"I was texting with her at 7:30 last night, but police don't know if it was actually her."
"A source saw a truck at the house Beverly was showing. It was an older model (kind of beat up) Slate Gray extended-cab pickup truck with 2 doors!"
"They have evidence that her phone was used on Baucum Road [rural east NLR], then Roosevelt Road."View attachment 60821
Interesting about the number. Where has the number and address come about from and in relation to what?

This is all theoretical and MOO and ill be careful what i say as we are not allowed to sleuth family members. Feel free to correct me on any information i may have misunderstood.

It has been said over and over that because the family has asked for donations for the grandkids in lieu of flowers, that BC and family werent as 'well off' as some may have thought. I would like to point out that the funds are not actually going to her husband for funeral expenses, they are going to aid her adult children financially to pay for the grandchildrens college. This says to me that financially BC and husband were quite all right but perhaps other family members were not. The husband owns a construction company and BC is a RE broker. Money could very well be a motive, but for who?

Something about this case is so off i cant pin point it. I feel like AL may have participated in kidnapping but i have a feeling he was not the person who murdered BC, or it was someone elses orders to do so.

I find it very strange that the husband new exactly which property she was going to show. Was she at home before she left and mentioned it on the way out? Where did she leave from to go to the property?

The husband was the first person to touch her car, belongings and enter the house.

The texts come through conveniently while LE is with the husband and son?

Something completely off and although i believe AL is guilty of something. I also believe he is a scapegoat of sorts as well.

Is there any PHYSICAL evidence against AL other than they tracked the house viewing back to him?
All my opinions and questions only.

The lockbox stays securely attached to the doorknob or whatever it is affixed to. When a Realtor needs the key, they open a little door in the lockbox which contains a regular key to unlock the original door lock. The whole lockbox, the heavy part), is still attached because the hatch remains closed. Unless you have a separate code to open the hatch, all you can get to is the key inside, you can't remove the whole lock. I know this because I'm a Realtor.

But this perp was expert at unlocking things....and that being said, if he could somehow remove the key from the little opening within the lockbox, that key probably fits other doors throughout the house that don't have a lockbox on it.

I wondered how her husband knew nothing was taken from her purse. But she had won $100 that day from an open house drawing. So if it was there maybe that's how he knew. It seems being the thief Al is, he would have taken it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member