GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a Hollywood movie, the person would commit the crime and someone else would gain financially, then help the person's defense and get him out of jail or drastically reduced sentence and he'd have a pile of money waiting for him upon his release. For a guy who doesn't seem to mind being behind bars and likes $$$, it might be a reasonable incentive.

If it were a movie.
I read an article that spoke to the realtor who sold him a propert in 2013. He handed over a bag consisting of $17,000 cash. Alot of money to have 'in the bank' after spending half your life in jail!!

I read an article that spoke to the realtor who sold him a propert in 2013. He handed over a bag consisting of $17,000 cash. Alot of money to have 'in the bank' after spending half your life in jail!!
It was posted in the earlier comments that AL received $59,000 from suing the jail for the conditions. Does anyone remember where the post was? At any rate, he had almost $60k upon his August 2013 release.

It was posted in the earlier comments that AL received $59,000 from suing the jail for the conditions. Does anyone remember where the post was? At any rate, he had almost $60k upon his August 2013 release.
Thanks for that. Just think if it was honest money you wouldnt hand it over in a backpack, youd get the bank to transfer or write a cheque surely.

I made the post about the $59,000, but I can't find it. It was from an article in the statewide newspaper, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. But as someone said, not sure why he'd have cash to buy the trailer rather than a Cashier's Check.

I found it. A facebook post by a friend/co worker said her phone had pinged at baucum rd and then roosevelt rd.
Baucum ROAD is not far from Dortch Loop where carl carters listing is. Baucum DRIVE on the other hand turns ONTO Dortch Loop.

Roosevelt Rd is in Jacksonville. She was found further north again.

AL was charged with robbery. Any chance she was taken to the other property and thats where the robbery comes in. I wondered why the purse was left in the car by a seemingle compulsive thief. Some have wondered why the car wasnt stolen. Im starting to wonder if the other property listed for the husband wasnt the final target for the theft.

Throwing this out there: AL admitted to kidnapping but said he hadnt seen her after.
Kidnapped and taken to other property on Dortch Rd. Perhaps there was another player?

As I was catching up on this thread, I also began to wonder if the trailer had something AL wanted to steal. If so, I don't think he had that in mind from the beginning, but maybe when he kidnapped BC, she hoped to get him to release her if she told him where to find cash or something else of value at that trailer.

I have my doubts that they located Beverly's body by phone pings. On the night that they located her body, I was up really late and was looking at facebook. I saw a post on there late that night that there was a large police presence in Jacksonville. The person posted a picture, and the police were at the Argos concrete place in Jacksonville. It was just a little while later that they located her body at the Argos concrete place in Cabot. This leads me to believe that they had received a tip regarding the concrete place. Or perhaps they were just basing it off the truck that he had stolen. But, the police at the 2 concrete places happened in rapid succession, and it was many hours after they had located the stolen truck.

Interestingly enough, the classmate of mine who told me about Arron stealing the dvds also told me that his dad is now a teacher in Forest City. That is 30 minutes from Memphis. I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I still can't get that CL ad out of my mind. What a freaky coincidence! Regardless, I hope they are checking into unsolved cases in all those areas where he has ties.

Interestingly enough, the classmate of mine who told me about Arron stealing the dvds also told me that his dad is now a teacher in Forest City. That is 30 minutes from Memphis. I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I still can't get that CL ad out of my mind. What a freaky coincidence! Regardless, I hope they are checking into unsolved cases in all those areas where he has ties.

They are...

As I was catching up on this thread, I also began to wonder if the trailer had something AL wanted to steal. If so, I don't think he had that in mind from the beginning, but maybe when he kidnapped BC, she hoped to get him to release her if she told him where to find cash or something else of value at that trailer.
I think he wanted a check.

Yeah but if she was a "rich broker" like AL gave as his excuse for his horrific actions, then why not steal her purse? Surely that is one item that rarely gets overlooked by a thief.......moo

I think AL was hired to kill her.
When he asked why he was told she was rich..
I don't think he had any idea who it was he killed but he did it for a pay day!

Each realtor had her own client. They were working independently. The system allows all agents to show any property, so this lady was simply showing Beverly's listing to her own client(s).
The other realtor had locked herself out during her showing, and since it was Beverly's listing, she texted her to see if maybe she had a key handy because it was Beverly's listing.
I doubt very much how the realtor got back in, or who her client was, or if AL was supposed to see that same home has much to do with anything.

Thank you! I thought I read that Beverly had asked another agent to take (substitute in her place) a showing the she, Beverly, had scheduled. That's why I've been confused since I thought Beverly was supposed to be out there later anyway. The house the other agent was showing was in Lonoke, right? (Voice mentioned the city of Jacksonville).

Sorry for being such as stickler but it bugs me when I can't comprehend a situation (I'm slow like that sometimes). :D

I think he wanted a check from the trailor. On cell bad reception.. post later

I was at crye-lieke in Missouri today. Tried to post from there but didn't need a house. Place was busy. Bella vista ,Ar rather

Me either. Thats the first Ive seen that. I dont know what to think.

Last night I stuck to the subject of what was my confusion of the moment rather than launching into a potentially forbidden subject. When I saw the name, it was a major head scratching moment indeed.
But then coincidences happen I guess.

I have my doubts that they located Beverly's body by phone pings. On the night that they located her body, I was up really late and was looking at facebook. I saw a post on there late that night that there was a large police presence in Jacksonville. The person posted a picture, and the police were at the Argos concrete place in Jacksonville. It was just a little while later that they located her body at the Argos concrete place in Cabot. This leads me to believe that they had received a tip regarding the concrete place. Or perhaps they were just basing it off the truck that he had stolen. But, the police at the 2 concrete places happened in rapid succession, and it was many hours after they had located the stolen truck.
''

ITA. I noticed that post too about a strong presence of police in Jacksonville. After hours of interrogation, locals were told to look for buildings on their properties with unfamiliar locks, anywhere someone could be kept (this is while they are still talking to AL). They started at Argos in Jacksonville (which makes me wonder if this was the location he worked at and not Cabot) and we know they ended up in Cabot. If the cell phone pings truly helped locate her, why not go to Cabot first? Also, it bothers me about the trailer on Dortch Loop. If they had that info/evidence (which we knew all along there was a ping on Baucum Pike and one on Roosevelt), why continue to search day after day around the house that she was taken from?

Finally, I remember hearing that Carl Sr was going to give a statement after the service. There were reporters set up outside of the church but they were not right by the doors that the family came out of. He would have had to walk pass the family car, over a parking lot to the place that they were reporting from. I thought it was odd for them to say that he would give a statement but maybe he said he would. The family followed BC casket out, it was very emotional...I can't imagine him leaving that moment to go speak with a reporter but that's just my opinion.

In hindsight, BC's realtor friend was VERY lucky that AL didn't go after her too. When this realtor friend was texting BC that she was locked out of the house she was showing (and it was in a desolate area), it would've been easy to get the location or closeby meeting spot and another violent act could've been committed.
Right????

(hinky meter keeps going off, sorry!)

This same thought crossed my mind as well. Except I still didn't completely understand the situation. Now I think I do understand.
The Lonoke location was described as being kind of desolate and a bit scary (by the Realtor who was out there). Seems like it would have been the safer choice if one was planning to kidnap somebody.

IMO she was set up...
A call was made to set up the apt. I do not think AL called and made the apt.
I think AL was notified what time to be at the house.

There is someone else involved MOO and AL was the Killer. (He thought he would get away)
Maybe he believed his money would be at the Trailer.

This same thought crossed my mind as well. Except I still didn't completely understand the situation. Now I think I do understand.
The Lonoke location was described as being kind of desolate and a bit scary (by the Realtor who was out there). Seems like it would have been the safer choice if one was planning to kidnap somebody.

Someone posted a link to the house earlier in this thread. The house in Lonoke was scary looking (from the outside) and looks very desolate.

In one of Carl Sr's first interviews after BC went missing, he said the second house she was going to show that evening was on Kerr Road--which was also in Scott.

http://www.fox16.com/story/d/story/...-speaks-out-i-ju/17900/GBhlSM4T5kysUFFVqwvR_w (around 3:10 when he talks about BC telling him about the two houses she was going to show that night)

Okay, new question. So was the property the Realtor locked herself out of (Beverly's listing) in Jacksonville or Lonoke. Anybody know?

*Voice posted "Jacksonville" (could have been a mistake). Just checking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member