GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its obvious why he came up with the second story. He had time to think and needed a story to say she went with him on her own to combat kidnapping which he had already admitted to doing. I do wonder if his statement "I havent seen her for 2 days" could be true and she had been held somewhere. Then he changed it to accidental death and buried that night to go along with his story she went with him on her own.

Did they go to the same gym at the same time?

They were there on the same nights and went to some of the same competitions...not all teams go to the same competitions. The girls were close enough in age that they could have easily been on the same squad.

Only a couple of years difference in the girls...they could have easily been invited to the same birthday parties, sleepovers etc.

I understand what you are saying and for myself, I would agree. But this is a woman with a history of bad relationships and someone that apparently needed/wanted financial support. He came along with an offer to support her. Some people when faced with a situation that sounds to good to be true, do not want to look any further. However, at some point after the marriage she knew what he was like as proven by her posts to the woman he was hooked with while they were married. She told her he was a cheater, liar and had a criminal past.
I think she was very gullible. I mean right after she met AL there was the IG pic that I mentioned earlier where he was taking CL’s daughter to the doctor alone. That shows that she didn’t use common sense. I have had a friend, who was the same way. Thank heavens her children are grown now, but she was always having a parade of men in and out of the house and I always worried that something could happened to one of the kids. AL was always desperate for a woman and it seems CL was always desperate for a man.

They were there on the same nights and went to some of the same competitions...not all teams go to the same competitions. The girls were close enough in age that they could have easily been on the same squad.

I am not doubting you, I just can't imagine with a 4 year age difference that these kids hung around the same groups. When you are that young, 4 years it a big age gap. Plus, nojusticenusa said she had ask a friend that would know, because of her own child going there and they were not in the same group.

http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlo...the-beverly-carter-case-a-personal-connection
Over the weekend, notes from a couple of sources indicated something I hadn't heard previously. The suspects might have known Carter. A friend of the family said Carter's granddaughter and a child of Lowery's by a previous marriage participated in the same cheerleader program and the adults attended cheerleading events, though it's not clear whether they had a personal relationship.

(Well someone is digging into this.)

A spokesman did tell me Friday that the office was not prepared to say there was no possibility of further arrests.

(Fasten your seat belts. It may not be the end yet.)

I have a very difficult time believing that CL was not aware of AL's past history. Being a mother and having "others" in the same household, I would definitely, 100% positively want AND need to know someone's past history - criminal, social, past relationships, etc., before I would risk having him in my household, let alone marry him. His social media shows a lot about him and it was open to anyone for the viewing...Just saying...

ETA: I too believe there is a lot more to this story than we are aware of and I believe there are many pieces to the puzzle missing and they are missing obviously for reasons. Hopefully, all the pieces will eventually fall into place and then a lot of our questions will be answered, and IMO we will see that others DID play a major role in what took place before, during and after Beverly's life was taken. It is all so so sad. Hopefully, those that DO know will start telling the truth so that justice will prevail, rather than trying to cover up what really did take place. JMO.

In addition to it being all over his social media, he seems very proud of it!! He is the exact person that I would think would be a story-teller about himself. I can see him repeating the same stories of things he did many nights during pillow talk. If he made videos of how to commit crimes, he was proud of those "skills". I don't for one second think he didn't brag about his previous convictions. I don't think she would tell her friends about his past, but he is the type to tell her, for sure! At least, that is my perception!

In addition to it being all over his social media, he seems very proud of it!! He is the exact person that I would think would be a story-teller about himself. I can see him repeating the same stories of things he did many nights during pillow talk. If he made videos of how to commit crimes, he was proud of those "skills". I don't for one second think he didn't brag about his previous convictions. I don't think she would tell her friends about his past, but he is the type to tell her, for sure! At least, that is my perception!
You are right he did brag about it. I mean even his neighbors knew because he had told them and they all said they were giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I am not doubting you, I just can't imagine with a 4 year age difference that these kids hung around the same groups. When you are that young, 4 years it a big age gap. Plus, nojusticenusa said she had ask a friend that would know, because of her own child going there and they were not in the same group.

My child goes to the gym and she is correct that they were not on the same squad but it is a small gym and interaction between kids on different squads is the norm. As I stated before there is only a couple of years difference in the age of the girls so they could if they had comparable skills been on the same squad and or tumbling class, social events girls could and would have gone to the same parties etc... Also, cheer gyms are different, since the kids spend a lot of time in the gym so do most of the parents and grandparents, it is like one big family older girls helping the younger ones...very common for families and kids to interact no matter what the age range.

When AL was first arrested LE stated they were confident that AL acted alone. Was that just a bluff then?

BC granddaughter is 11, I believe. She was just a few months old when Chris(her dad died). How old is CL daughter?

No a rumor .... my daughter goes to the same gym. Also before IG and FB accounts were taken down there are pics to prove that both girls were at the cheer gym. Truth.

Caveat!! I got deleted for posting about this cheering club! But I think it's a natural path of inquiry, given its the only link thus far between the victim and the accused. And that's all I will say about that. ;)

BC granddaughter is 11, I believe. She was just a few months old when Chris(her dad died). How old is CL daughter?

This was also discussed earlier and deleted. We aren't supposed to talk about the offspring. Although there are lots of posts about them still remaining. But it's one of the topics not to be discussed. They are close in age. One to two years apart. Hope I can say that. it is public record in any case.

If she was in class then how could she also be charged with kidnapping?

The wording of the kidnapping charge in AR would need to be checked, but my guess here is that even if CL did not participate in the actual removal of BL from the vacant house, there must be evidence that she was aware of where BL was and did not notify LE. It sounds to me like BL was taken from the vacant house alive, then kept alive elsewhere for a period of time.

If BL died while being held against her will, even without direct action from anyone causing the death, it would qualify for a capital murder charge due to the death resulting from the commission of a felony, right?

My child goes to the gym and she is correct that they were not on the same squad but it is a small gym and interaction between kids on different squads is the norm. As I stated before there is only a couple of years difference in the age of the girls so they could if they had comparable skills been on the same squad and or tumbling class, social events girls could and would have gone to the same parties etc... Also, cheer gyms are different, since the kids spend a lot of time in the gym so do most of the parents and grandparents, it is like one big family older girls helping the younger ones...very common for families and kids to interact no matter what the age range.

Again, I'm so confused why I could not discuss this earlier today --but perhaps this too will be removed. It is an area of concern and of great interest to the case given its the only common link between AL and BC. In that it's worthy of exploration.... but I understand the need to protect the minor children also. I would encourage anyone researching the case to explore this link. Off site I guess is best.

This was also discussed earlier and deleted. We aren't supposed to talk about the offspring. Although there are lots of posts about them still remaining. But it's one of the topics not to be discussed. They are close in age. One to two years apart. Hope I can say that. it is public record in any case.

I thought it was stated she was 14. I know she was in middle school.

Again, I'm so confused why I could not discuss this earlier today --but perhaps this too will be removed. It is an area of concern and of great interest to the case given its the only common link between AL and BC. In that it's worthy of exploration.... but I understand the need to protect the minor children also. I would encourage anyone researching the case to explore this link. Off site I guess is best.
It is still all confusing to me too. I don't think even the link that was posted earlier that was to a blog is allowed, because it is not an actual newspaper. It is just a blog and I believe those were deleted before when they were referenced.

I'm wondering how easy it would be to find out, unless there was an exam on that particular day. I attended college last year and attendance was rarely, if ever, taken. A lot of work is done online, and unless there is a controlled in class test or exam, it would be hard to know if a student was present.

At least where I went, it's different in nursing school because the attendance counts towards part of your grade. This was for specific "nursing" classes, however, not the general ed pre-requisites. I don't know what type of classes CL was enrolled in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas