GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is still all confusing to me too. I don't think even the link that was posted earlier that was to a blog is allowed, because it is not an actual newspaper. It is just a blog and I believe those were deleted before when they were referenced.

The 5 things you should know about CL is not a Blog. IT's a british newspaper. They came to CL's house after AL was arrested trying to interview her and another friend. He told CL that the brits love American scandals and gossip. They have reporters that live in the USA for this purpose.

Very interesting to have your input here. What's your personal thought about such a serious charge of capital murder against CL? Meaning, I really don't think LE just hands out arrests for such a serious charge, or can get an arrest warrant, without real solid evidence! (I feel the same about the arrests in the Heather Elvis case) Are you of a differing opinion?

Do you think TM had anything to do with anything?

I do not know TM. I do know that CL thought someone had to help AL and that he was not capable of murder or being the mastermind of what happened. It was confusing to her and we spent many hours going over everything we could get from the news trying to put the pieces together. What I saw in her the weeks after the arrest was confusion like the rest of us here seem to have. Unless she deserves an academy award, I believe her. I'm a very good judge of character usually and have good instincts. I don't think I'm wrong but will gladly apologize if it turns out I am and will be totally in shock that she was able to fool me.

As to the arrest warrant I'm like everyone else here, confused. I ask myself how can they do this but then again I keep reminding myself of how many innocent people end up on death row (which would mean an arrest and found guilty by a jury) only to be found innocent years later after spending 1/2 their life in jail. It does happen and LE can get it wrong.

Arkansas Kidnapping/Abduction Laws

According to A.C.A. § 5-11-102A, person commits the offense of kidnapping if, without consent, the person restrains another person so as to interfere substantially with the other person’s liberty with the purpose of:

Holding the other person for ransom or any act to be performed for the return or release of the kidnapped person.
Using the other person as a shield or hostage;
Facilitating the commission of any felony or flight after the felony;
Inflicting physical injury upon the other person;
Engaging in sexual intercourse, deviate sexual activity, or sexual contact with the other person;
Terrorizing the other person or another person; or
Interfering with the performance of any governmental or political function.
Intent to crime or purpose is a primary element of kidnapping. Restraint without consent is another important element of kidnapping.[ii]

In Arkansas kidnapping is a class Y felony. However, kidnapping is a Class B felony if the defendant shows by preponderance of the evidence that s/he or an accomplice voluntarily released the person restrained alive and in a safe place prior to trial.

For a Class Y felony, the sentence shall be not less than ten years and not more than forty years, or life. For a Class B felony, the sentence shall be not less than five years nor more than twenty years.

Arkansas Crime Information Center (ACIC) is the state agency responsible for providing information technology services to law enforcement and other criminal justice agencies in Arkansas. ACIC also collects and publishes statistics on crime, manages the crime victim notification system, and the state sex offender registry.

2010 Arkansas Code
Title 5 - Criminal Offenses
Subtitle 2 - Offenses Against The Person
Chapter 10 - Homicide
§ 5-10-101 - Capital murder.
5-10-101. Capital murder.

(a) A person commits capital murder if: (1) Acting alone or with one (1) or more other persons: (A) The person commits or attempts to commit:

(i) Terrorism, as defined in 5-54-205;

(ii) Rape, 5-14-103;

(iii) Kidnapping, 5-11-102;

(iv) Vehicular piracy, 5-11-105;

(v) Robbery, 5-12-102;

(vi) Aggravated robbery, 5-12-103;

(vii) Residential burglary, 5-39-201(a);

(viii) Commercial burglary, 5-39-201(b);

(ix) Aggravated residential burglary, 5-39-204;

(x) A felony violation of the Uniform Controlled Substances Act, 5-64-101 -- 5-64-508, involving an actual delivery of a controlled substance; or

(xi) First degree escape, 5-54-110; and

(B) In the course of and in furtherance of the felony or in immediate flight from the felony, the person or an accomplice causes the death of a person under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life;

(2) Acting alone or with one (1) or more other persons:

(A) The person commits or attempts to commit arson, 5-38-301; and

(B) In the course of and in furtherance of the felony or in immediate flight from the felony, the person or an accomplice causes the death of any person;

(3) With the premeditated and deliberated purpose of causing the death of any law enforcement officer, jailer, prison official, firefighter, judge or other court official, probation officer, parole officer, any military personnel, or teacher or school employee, when such person is acting in the line of duty, the person causes the death of any person;

(4) With the premeditated and deliberated purpose of causing the death of another person, the person causes the death of any person;

(5) With the premeditated and deliberated purpose of causing the death of the holder of any public office filled by election or appointment or a candidate for public office, the person causes the death of any person;

(6) While incarcerated in the Department of Correction or the Department of Community Correction, the person purposely causes the death of another person after premeditation and deliberation;

(7) Pursuant to an agreement that the person cause the death of another person in return for anything of value, he or she causes the death of any person;

(8) The person enters into an agreement in which a person is to cause the death of another person in return for anything of value, and a person hired pursuant to the agreement causes the death of any person;

(9) (A) Under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life, the person knowingly causes the death of a person fourteen (14) years of age or younger at the time the murder was committed if the defendant was eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time the murder was committed.

(B) It is an affirmative defense to any prosecution under this subdivision (a)(9) arising from the failure of the parent, guardian, or person standing in loco parentis to provide specified medical or surgical treatment, that the parent, guardian, or person standing in loco parentis relied solely on spiritual treatment through prayer in accordance with the tenets and practices of an established church or religious denomination of which he or she is a member; or

(10) The person:

(A) Purposely discharges a firearm from a vehicle at a person or at a vehicle, conveyance, or a residential or commercial occupiable structure that he or she knows or has good reason to believe to be occupied by a person; and

(B) Thereby causes the death of another person under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life.

(b) It is an affirmative defense to any prosecution under subdivision (a)(1) of this section for an offense in which the defendant was not the only participant that the defendant did not commit the homicidal act or in any way solicit, command, induce, procure, counsel, or aid in the homicidal act's commission.

(c) (1) Capital murder is punishable by death or life imprisonment without parole pursuant to 5-4-601 -- 5-4-605, 5-4-607, and 5-4-608.

(2) For any purpose other than disposition under 5-4-101 -- 5-4-104, 5-4-201 -- 5-4-204, 5-4-301 -- 5-4-308, 5-4-310, 5-4-311, 5-4-401 -- 5-4-404, 5-4-501 -- 5-4-504, 5-4-601 -- 5-4-605, 5-4-607, and 5-4-608, capital murder is a Class Y felony.

No offense to those that know her, but there is still one thing about CL that I cant get out of my head that makes me think that maybe she had a "wild side" part of her life that she kept secret from those closest to her. It's something that just doesn't jive with the mild mannered nursing student and struggling single mom of a teen.

It's her participation in AL 's Superman motorcycle trick video down busy Hwy. 167. During the video you can hear her laughing, saying things such as "Yeah!" and giggling that "He's so crazy!". Her voice sounds middle aged, but her words sound like those of a teenager.

The fact that a nearly 40 year old woman......the mother of a teenager.......would participate in something like that makes me pause and wonder just what else she might find herself involved in. She obviously has a bit of a wild side.

I'm not implying that she's a murderer, but I am implying that since she was not opposed to seeing and filming her boyfriend doing a stunt on a busy highway that put the lives of everyone around them in jeopardy (something someone of her age should know better than to do) then there are probably some other things he could have had her involved in that may come as a surprise those that knew her.

JMO and no offense to those that do know her. I very much appreciate reading your input and know this must be very stressful to those that love her.

Question for those that know her......Does her participation in that video seem out of character?

I do not know TM. I do know that CL thought someone had to help AL and that he was not capable of murder or being the mastermind of what happened. It was confusing to her and we spent many hours going over everything we could get from the news trying to put the pieces together. What I saw in her the weeks after the arrest was confusion like the rest of us here seem to have. Unless she deserves an academy award, I believe her. I'm a very good judge of character usually and have good instincts. I don't think I'm wrong but will gladly apologize if it turns out I am and will be totally in shock that she was able to fool me.

As to the arrest warrant I'm like everyone else here, confused. I ask myself how can they do this but then again I keep reminding myself of how many innocent people end up on death row (which would mean an arrest and found guilty by a jury) only to be found innocent years later after spending 1/2 their life in jail. It does happen and LE can get it wrong.

I feel for you, nojusticenusa. Many years ago, my best friend's older brother (whom I had known for years) was involved in a car theft, horrible murder and a rape. Then his mother helped him escape. I was shocked that these wonderful, loving people I had known and loved for years could be capable of such things. As the days went on and the news released more details, it was crushing for me. I hope that is not the case for you; but, things aren't looking good for Crystal. IMO, a judge is not going to issue a warrant for capital murder without some pretty damning evidence. Keep your 3rd eye open and protect your heart as best as you can. It is a delicate dance - wanting to protect/believe someone you care about and dealing with stark-naked ugly truths about them. Thank you for filling in so many gaps with your information.

Take good care of yourself.

Do we know with certainty that CL was the one in the video? If so, I agree that this was reckless and not in keeping with the person that her friends knew.
No offense to those that know her, but there is still one thing about CL that I cant get out of my head that makes me think that maybe she had a "wild side" part of her life that she kept secret from those closest to her. It's something that just doesn't jive with the mild mannered nursing student and struggling single mom of a teen.

It's her participation in AL 's Superman motorcycle trick video down busy Hwy. 167. During the video you can hear her laughing, saying things such as "Yeah!" and giggling that "He's so crazy!". Her voice sounds middle aged, but her words sound like those of a teenager.

The fact that a nearly 40 year old woman......the mother of a teenager.......would participate in something like that makes me pause and wonder just what else she might find herself involved in. She obviously has a bit of a wild side.

I'm not implying that she's a murderer, but I am implying that since she was not opposed to seeing and filming her boyfriend doing a stunt on a busy highway that put the lives of everyone around them in jeopardy (something someone of her age should know better than to do) then there are probably some other things he could have had her involved in that may come as a surprise those that knew her.

JMO and no offense to those that do know her. I very much appreciate reading your input and know this must be very stressful to those that love her.

Question for those that know her......Does her participation in that video seem out of character?

Just pondering this a.m.---Neither CL nor AL were gainfully employed. How in the heck were they even buying groceries or having enough money for gas? Bad financial times do lead some people to do things out of desperation. I know CL was selling things online last week for some income but how were they even getting by before that?

Just pondering this a.m.---Neither CL nor AL were gainfully employed. How in the heck were they even buying groceries or having enough money for gas? Bad financial times do lead some people to do things out of desperation. I know CL was selling things online last week for some income but how were they even getting by before that?

Don't forget that AL received a fairly large settlement from suing the jail. Of course, we have no idea how much of that was left by the time of BCs murder.

No way AL kept his past a secret, this guy thinks it's impressive. And you don't marry someone like him with having some acceptance of the "bad boy" behavior.

Do we know with certainty that CL was the one in the video? If so, I agree that this was reckless and not in keeping with the person that her friends knew.

We've been led to believe it's her. Maybe someone that knows her can listen and tell if it's her voice?

I think the one I googled this morning was a shorter version, or maybe another one altogether, than the one I saw before. I could have SWORN the first one I saw showed her face in the mirror and that she said something about how she couldn't wait for him to do it again.

Did I dream that?

We've been led to believe it's her.

I think the one I googled this morning was a shorter version, or maybe another one altogether, than the one I saw before. I could have SWORN the first one I saw showed her face in the mirror and that she said something about how she couldn't wait for him to do it again.

Did I dream that?
No, I saw that too. She also commented on the same video on his FB and Instagram. He had it posted both places.

She was gainfully employed full time until recently when she went back to school. She had student loans. AL was supposed to have a job and contribute while she was in school.

She was driving the car. The neighbor that has been the source of many interviews was filming. I would say out of character for her to be involved and another bad choice. Maybe she didn't think about the harm and just got caught up in the moment???

No way AL kept his past a secret, this guy thinks it's impressive. And you don't marry someone like him with having some acceptance of the "bad boy" behavior.

You need to remember that she met him and they were married within a few months time. Not the best choice she ever made. She did know he had a past when she married him just didn't know HOW MUCH of a past as in 7 times convicted felon who had spent time in prison. He downplayed it to her until after the marriage when the truth came out.

She was gainfully employed full time until recently when she went back to school. She had student loans. AL was supposed to have a job and contribute while she was in school.
Thanks. But didn't she start school in Jan. 2014? That was 10 months ago. The only job we know of AL having was with the concrete company. I know she probably received some child support, but that wouldn't begin to even pay the rent and utilities. Maybe they were living off student loan money?

Don't forget that AL received a fairly large settlement from suing the jail. Of course, we have no idea how much of that was left by the time of BCs murder.
I know, right? I think it was $59,000.00 he received. 17,000 cash of that money went to buy the double wide mobile home which he sold later. My guess is all of that settlement money was all gone!

Another default on student loans in the making.....(Can't pay them off if she is in prison).
Thanks. But didn't she start school in Jan. 2014? That was 10 months ago. The only job we know of AL having was with the concrete company. I know she probably received some child support, but that wouldn't begin to even pay the rent and utilities. Maybe they were living off student loan money?

No she did not start school in Jan 2014. She went to a few summer classes this past summer and started nursing school this fall (august). She worked full time until august 2014.

I know, right? I think it was $59,000.00 he received. 17,000 cash of that money went to buy the double wide mobile home which he sold later. My guess is all of that settlement money was all gone!

He went through all that money before he got the job at the concrete plant. He was broke and CL had been supporting him until she went back to school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee