GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Below is a news report that somehow I had not read before. Look at the image... I'm not sure what that means? I've never heard anything about 909 Dortch Loop, NLR.

I looked up county records about that address and it is a vacant trailer owned by a man that lives in Cabot, AR. Then I looked up the phone number that is listed on the image above that address and it belongs to a business "Bobby Smith Roofing." and further down in the search the number also belongs to Carter Construction.

So, I'm not sure why that address was circled other than it is right off Baucum Road where they got a ping from Beverly's phone.

Anybody have any ideas on this?

http://www.re-newsit.com/2014/09/realtor-beverly-carter-51-shows-house.html

...Beverly Carter was last seen wearing a black sleeveless shirt and red shorts.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts is urged to call the Pulaski County sheriff’s office’s 24-hour communications number, (501) 340-6963; its criminal investigations division, (501) 340-6940; or the central Arkansas CrimeStoppers tip line, (501) 340-8477.

A Facebook post reads:

The following quotes come from a close friend/coworker of the missing woman:
"I was texting with her at 7:30 last night, but police don't know if it was actually her."
"A source saw a truck at the house Beverly was showing. It was an older model (kind of beat up) Slate Gray extended-cab pickup truck with 2 doors!"
"They have evidence that her phone was used on Baucum Road [rural east NLR], then Roosevelt Road."View attachment 60821

Post about the phone pings with a picture that is shown on the link.

Metry504 &TamE

Thanks for posting the phone ping link. :seeya:

Bet he stole all of her jewelry, whatever she was wearing that day, necklaces, rings, etc.. No way would this low-down slithering snake throw her in a hole without taking all of the valuables first.

Once a thief, always a thief.

If this was a kidnapping for ransom, how would he have ended it any other way but murdering her? Even if he asked for a ransom and it was delivered he couldn’t let her go. He couldn’t kidnap her with a ski mask on to disguise his appearance because they were meeting at a house in semi-public. They live in the same small community and, as discussed earlier, his step daughter and her granddaughter were on the same cheer team. Even he would have been smart enough to contemplate what his exit strategy would be if he kidnapped someone. He certainly planned at least 2 days prior to meeting her by calling and setting up the appointment. He would have had to be planning to kill her one way or another if it was a kidnapping. So, why kill her early before he even made an attempt to get the money? I don’t buy that she was hard to control. She’s 50, he’s in his 20s. He could have zip tied her and put her in a car trunk if she was being combative. He could have killed her and still asked for the ransom. No one knew where she was.

Something doesn’t jibe.

An interesting note, if you are going from Little Rock or North Little Rock to get to the Maximum Security Unit at Tucker, you go through Scott. There's a back highway to/from Pine Bluff, but most would travel through Scott to get to that unit. I have been there many times with a program I helped with last year. The other unit, the second youtube video is a completely different prison close to the Max Unit, but not maximum security.

At first I wondered if the men in white were the massage therapists. I would make them eat raw tofu and there wouldn't be any computer privileges. Looks like a pretty decent home away from home IMO.

I just went to my 25th reunion in Brinkley. Evidently, AL lived there a few years ago with his father who coached at the school there. A couple of my classmates knew AL a little. They said they always called him Steve O. They also stated that he would go to Jonesboro and steal movies from Blockbuster and bring them back to sell. What really made my skin crawl was finding out that he lived across the street from my in laws! My in laws who never lock their door. I also learned that AN, the guy who chased him down is from Brinkley. AN used to play little league with my husbands nephew.

I just went to my 25th reunion in Brinkley. Evidently, AL lived there a few years ago with his father who coached at the school there. A couple of my classmates knew AL a little. They said they always called him Steve O. They also stated that he would go to Jonesboro and steal movies from Blockbuster and bring them back to sell. What really made my skin crawl was finding out that he lived across the street from my in laws! My in laws who never lock their door. I also learned that AN, the guy who chased him down is from Brinkley. AN used to play little league with my husbands nephew.

Always a bit unnerving when a case like this hits real close to home, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michavery