GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the three msges AL was probably replying to CC as he was msging to BC or may be at that time it was the police who took over....jmo

I don't believe they "asked" for donations. It said in lieu of flowers you can make a donation for the grandkids. I'm sure it's something Beverly would've wanted?

To me, anytime you say in lieu of flowers and give a place that is just the same as asking for money to be donated. JMO

Hm i am actualy surprised that they were asking for money for the funeral etc...

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that he misspoke and what he meant was that two different devices lit up (his dad's cell phone and perhaps an iPad) with the messages from his mom. My devices are all linked through iMessage so when I get a text on my phone it also comes through on my iPad and on my Mac. I don't know what type of technology LE has to intercept calls or forward text messages, etc. but I don't think, after such a short amount of time, that they had put anything like that into play. MOO.

To me, anytime you say in lieu of flowers and give a place that is just the same as asking for money to be donated. JMO

Unless you prefer donations be made to the cause of death such as cancer research or ALS for example.

Did the other Realtor show the Lonoke house to someone then? Didn't she say she couldn't find a key which is why she sent Beverly a text?
Who met the Realtor in Lonoke, anybody? I don't understand why the other Realtor would be asked to be there if Beverly was already with the potential buyer (if she intended to show him the property in Lonoke). I'm not getting this story and it actually sounds fishy to me for some reason.

AL was supposed to depart from Beverly and drive out to Lonoke to see another house where the other agent was waiting (without a key)?
It's because it was Beverly's listing, so she thought that if someone had a spare key to that house, it would be BC. I'm guessing someone else at the CL office had to assist the other realtor.

I think Beverly was a lovely woman but for some reason, I just don’t get the vibe that AL would be interested in her sexually. I mean the guy had problems keeping women, but from all appearances he didn’t have any trouble getting women, so why target a woman almost 20 years his senior (yes I know what his POF ad said) that he probably knew was married. I just keep thinking there is either another person, or some other reason that he targeted her. I mean if he knew anything about her at all, he would have known that her Cadillac is brown, now maybe there are a lot of brown ones in Arkansas but that would be a car color that stood out a bit here, in my area of TN. Also, I am sure she had On Star on it as well, and her car tag was a prestige tag that said BCarter, so I can’t see that he was trying to steal her car. Heck he is a pro at stealing cars, so he could grab one from a parking lot. There just seems to be an element that is missing.

Of course, like some of you on here have said, my husband also thinks I am obsessing over this case, but as with many of you, it just hit me harder than other cases. But when I have spoken to my husband about it, he says that guys like AL don’t always have a pattern or reason for the things they do. Maybe his career criminal activities had become humdrum and he desired to do something bigger. Just by looking at his arrest records, it is obvious that he would get out of prison and a month later steal a motorcycle or a car and end up right back in jail. Apparently, living life in prison doesn’t bother him. Then again, for that last stent of 18 months he did, he got $59,000, and I still can’t understand that.

Well i think the family has more information then we do...the two phones and text msgs i dont understand...but thats just me probably since i dont have iphone...:)

Did the other Realtor show the Lonoke house to someone then? Didn't she say she couldn't find a key which is why she sent Beverly a text?
Who met the Realtor in Lonoke, anybody? I don't understand why the other Realtor would be asked to be there if Beverly was already with the potential buyer (if she intended to show him the property in Lonoke). I'm not getting this story and it actually sounds fishy to me for some reason.

AL was supposed to depart from Beverly and drive out to Lonoke to see another house where the other agent was waiting (without a key)?

Oh, I see why you are confused. BC was never planning to show a house in Lonoke to AL. The texts from BC's phone are believed to be sent by AL. The other realtor was showing one of BC's listings to one of the other realtor's clients, when she realized she got locked out of the house and she left her car keys in the house that she couldn't get back into. I hope I didn't confuse you more. Took some Nyquil a bit ago. :)

I can't get the idea out of my head that targeting Beverly had something to do with the real estate business. Someone didn't like how much business she attracted, how successful she was, or who she referred other aspects of the business to while leaving someone else out.

Just dont understand why two phones received the text msg..i though only BC husband received them..

He said because she was rich broker...he knew she was making pretty good money but still i dont get the reason why he kidnapped her etc...i still thinks he was attracted to her..she was pretty and made good living...jmo...money and women seems the combination he likes...

Just dont understand why two phones received the text msg..i though only BC husband received them..

I understand your frustration, as I spent way too much time looking into it myself. But when I think back to a time in my life when something of this tragic nature happened to me, I would recall things incorrectly, and often would think one thing, and different words would come out. So, I think we also have to consider Carl Jrs state of mind. He may have been thinking that two texts came in, and then a third one right away, and instead he said something to the effect of, two phones lit up. Maybe the phone lit up twice. We will likely never know, and there are dozens of possible theories.

May be in his twisted mind he thought she could fall for his " charm "...

Oh, I see why you are confused. BC was never planning to show a house in Lonoke to AL. The texts from BC's phone are believed to be sent by AL. The other realtor was showing one of BC's listings to one of the other realtor's clients, when she realized she got locked out of the house and she left her car keys in the house that she couldn't get back into. I hope I didn't confuse you more. Took some Nyquil a bit ago. :)

Thank you. Wow, a lot of strange goings on that evening. Wonder how the other realtor got back into the house to get her car keys. How did she get locked out of the house in the first place? I recall reading the texts she was getting in return from Beverly seemed too uncaring to be replies from Beverly though. So the timing of the texts indicate Beverly was already in distress and AL had control of her phone. In hindsight anyway.

Beverly was supposed to show AL another property though. Had they already been to the other property earlier? Is that possible?

Oh, and I hope you're feeling better tomorrow!

I can't get the idea out of my head that targeting Beverly had something to do with the real estate business. Someone didn't like how much business she attracted, how successful she was, or who she referred other aspects of the business to while leaving someone else out.

There is always the possibility that AL was hired to do this, and he needed money. It sounds like LE is not leaking that to the public, if they believe this to be the case.

I think Beverly was a lovely woman but for some reason, I just don’t get the vibe that AL would be interested in her sexually. I mean the guy had problems keeping women, but from all appearances he didn’t have any trouble getting women, so why target a woman almost 20 years his senior (yes I know what his POF ad said) that he probably knew was married. I just keep thinking there is either another person, or some other reason that he targeted her. I mean if he knew anything about her at all, he would have known that her Cadillac is brown, now maybe there are a lot of brown ones in Arkansas but that would be a car color that stood out a bit here, in my area of TN. Also, I am sure she had On Star on it as well, and her car tag was a prestige tag that said BCarter, so I can’t see that he was trying to steal her car. Heck he is a pro at stealing cars, so he could grab one from a parking lot. There just seems to be an element that is missing.

Of course, like some of you on here have said, my husband also thinks I am obsessing over this case, but as with many of you, it just hit me harder than other cases. But when I have spoken to my husband about it, he says that guys like AL don’t always have a pattern or reason for the things they do. Maybe his career criminal activities had become humdrum and he desired to do something bigger. Just by looking at his arrest records, it is obvious that he would get out of prison and a month later steal a motorcycle or a car and end up right back in jail. Apparently, living life in prison doesn’t bother him. Then again, for that last stent of 18 months he did, he got $59,000, and I still can’t understand that.

I think that someone else was involved also or another reason she was targeted.... Wish I knew how to bold s sentence out of the quote... Ugh

Thank you. Wow, a lot of strange goings on that evening. Wonder how the other realtor got back into the house to get her car keys. How did she get locked out of the house in the first place? I recall reading the texts she was getting in return from Beverly seemed too uncaring to be replies from Beverly though. So the timing of the texts indicate Beverly was already in distress and AL had control of her phone. In hindsight anyway.

Beverly was supposed to show AL another property though. Had they already been to the other property earlier? Is that possible?
IKR. A lot of confusion in this case! The family does not believe she showed the other property first. BC stated that the foreclosure had no power/utilities so she wanted to show that one first before the sun went down. Unfortunately, she never made it to the second property.
And yes, LE said they do not believe the texts to the realtor or the husband were written by BC.

There is always the possibility that AL was hired to do this, and he needed money. It sounds like LE is not leaking that to the public, if they believe this to be the case.

I read in his Instagram before it was taken down, someone was posting a very long comment... Anyway one part stood out for me that said, "you took someone away from their family cause you needed money". The last part .... "Needed money"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member