GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the other Realtor show the Lonoke house to someone then? Didn't she say she couldn't find a key which is why she sent Beverly a text?
Who met the Realtor in Lonoke, anybody? I don't understand why the other Realtor would be asked to be there if Beverly was already with the potential buyer (if she intended to show him the property in Lonoke). I'm not getting this story and it actually sounds fishy to me for some reason.

AL was supposed to depart from Beverly and drive out to Lonoke to see another house where the other agent was waiting (without a key)?

In hindsight, BC's realtor friend was VERY lucky that AL didn't go after her too. When this realtor friend was texting BC that she was locked out of the house she was showing (and it was in a desolate area), it would've been easy to get the location or closeby meeting spot and another violent act could've been committed.
Right????

(hinky meter keeps going off, sorry!)

Other than ransom, I see no financial gain here for AL to kidnap her.The most he could have gotten was a cell phone and maybe some jewelry. This doesnt chive with his past theft crimes. If anything it was a step down to petty stuff and a cross over into murder. Im starting to think a sexual motive wasnt part of it. They would know when they did the autopsy. And so far, no charges have been added. There are so darn many unanswered questions and alot not making sense. This is a case I just cant say, "They found her and made an arrest. Let justice prevail. " and move on .

It has been said over and over that because the family has asked for donations for the grandkids in lieu of flowers, that BC and family werent as 'well off' as some may have thought. I would like to point out that the funds are not actually going to her husband for funeral expenses, they are going to aid her adult children financially to pay for the grandchildrens college. This says to me that financially BC and husband were quite all right but perhaps other family members were not. The husband owns a construction company and BC is a RE broker. Money could very well be a motive, but for who?

Something about this case is so off i cant pin point it. I feel like AL may have participated in kidnapping but i have a feeling he was not the person who murdered BC, or it was someone elses orders to do so.

I find it very strange that the husband new exactly which property she was going to show. Was she at home before she left and mentioned it on the way out? Where did she leave from to go to the property?

The husband was the first person to touch her car, belongings and enter the house.

The texts come through conveniently while LE is with the husband and son?

Something completely off and although i believe AL is guilty of something. I also believe he is a scapegoat of sorts as well.

Is there any PHYSICAL evidence against AL other than they tracked the house viewing back to him?
All my opinions and questions only.

There are two funds set up. One is for the grandchildren and the other is for the families expenses, and to quote the person who set up the family account they were far from the "rich Realtor" that AL spoke of.

Several people have said they find it odd that Carl knew where to go. I don’t find that odd at all. He said she checked in frequently, and we are talking a very small town, so I am sure when she told him about being excited about a cash buyer that he knew the home she was talking about. My husband and I know where each other are most of the time, so that doesn’t seem to be strange at all.

Also, I don’t really get the feeling that Al worked alone, but why would he cover up for someone, as some have said was a possibility. If I were facing life in prison or a death sentence, I would name everyone involved. He has nothing to gain by withholding information. I mean he had no problem, naming this Trevor guy as his co-defendant.

I also wonder if prison life isn’t more of a home to him than any he has had before. Now, I am not saying that everyone that has a hard childhood goes bad or that it is an excuse, but it sounds like he had a pretty rough upbringing, I mean his mom was in a gang. The years that he has been out of the jails or prisons have been fewer, than ones spent there. I mean he had no problem getting out of a stint in prison and within a month, stealing a car or something and going right back to jail. So he obviously isn’t afraid of it. It is all so bizarre and so much we don’t know yet.

I heard during a newscast the night of visitation that Carl Sr. was going to make a statement after the funeral. I have no idea which local news station it was on as the only time I watch local news is if it comes on after something I have watched and I just haven't changed the channel. But since they were talking about this case I listened and watched. I don't know if they meant right after or a week after or in writing or to a reporter. I just know I heard that, but I have not heard of him doing so. Did anyone else happen to catch that or has anyone heard of him having anything to say since the funeral? I took it that he was too distraught to talk before it was over. I don't think he had any involvement in this. That's my opinion that I formed from the beginning of seeing him the first time on the news. I am local. I do not know anyone in the Carter family. I do know many people who either know Carl Jr. and his wife and/or Beverly.

I wondered about this too as I heard it on the news the day of the funeral. I think it is odd that there has been no comments made from him, since AL was arrested and BC's body was found.

Several people have said they find it odd that Carl knew where to go. I don’t find that odd at all. He said she checked in frequently, and we are talking a very small town, so I am sure when she told him about being excited about a cash buyer that he knew the home she was talking about. My husband and I know where each other are most of the time, so that doesn’t seem to be strange at all.

Also, I don’t really get the feeling that Al worked alone, but why would he cover up for someone, as some have said was a possibility. If I were facing life in prison or a death sentence, I would name everyone involved. He has nothing to gain by withholding information. I mean he had no problem, naming this Trevor guy as his co-defendant.

I also wonder if prison life isn’t more of a home to him than any he has had before. Now, I am not saying that everyone that has a hard childhood goes bad or that it is an excuse, but it sounds like he had a pretty rough upbringing, I mean his mom was in a gang. The years that he has been out of the jails or prisons have been fewer, than ones spent there. I mean he had no problem getting out of a stint in prison and within a month, stealing a car or something and going right back to jail. So he obviously isn’t afraid of it. It is all so bizarre and so much we don’t know yet.

Not insinuating anything by this question but what do you make of the cellphone pings at a trailer owned by someone with the last name of Carter?
Could this trailer be where AL took her to kill her?

Not insinuating anything by this question but what do you make of the cellphone pings at a trailer owned by someone with the last name of Carter?
Could this trailer be where AL took her to kill her?

I admit I have not followed the pings posted to closely, but I assumed that the trailer was perhaps what Carl and the Smith gentleman might have used as an office. Scott is just such a small area and I had seen posted on FB last week that where Beverly and Carl lived was less than 5 miles from the house she went missing from. It is odd that they have it circled like that but that there is no mention of why.

I admit I have not followed the pings posted to closely, but I assumed that the trailer was perhaps what Carl and the Smith gentleman might have used as an office. Scott is just such a small area and I had seen posted on FB last week that where Beverly and Carl lived was less than 5 miles from the house she went missing from. It is odd that they have it circled like that but that there is no mention of why.

I am thinking that it is circled because it was the last ping location from her phone.
And if that is correct which I believe to be the case, I find that eerily coincidental.
And I don't like coincidences at all.

Her purse and her car not being stolen by AL who has an extensive history of thievery bothers me a bit too.

I know we don't know much about the autopsy and testing and all, but have they said they found AL DNA on Beverly?

I am thinking that it is circled because it was the last ping location from her phone.
And if that is correct which I believe to be the case, I find that eerily coincidental.
And I don't like coincidences at all.

Her purse and her car not being stolen by AL who has an extensive history of thievery bothers me a bit too.
Article says she was found by tracking her phone.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-really-creepy-I-felt-like-watching-time.html

'At a press conference on Tuesday, police said the attack was random.

They offered few extra details, but Pulaski County Sheriff Doc Holladay said they were able to track Mrs Carter's phone, leading to the discovery of her body.'

Who posted the ping map??

Thinking and wondering OUT LOUD - just a bit .....
The trailer on Dortch Loop is somehow listed to Bobby Smith's roofing as well as Carter Construction. I just noticed there is a Bobby Smith that lives on Baucum - isn't that the road the phone ping came from? And I wonder if it is the same Bobby Smith that has the roofing place? Jw

Article says she was found by tracking her phone.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-really-creepy-I-felt-like-watching-time.html

'At a press conference on Tuesday, police said the attack was random.

They offered few extra details, but Pulaski County Sheriff Doc Holladay said they were able to track Mrs Carter's phone, leading to the discovery of her body.'

Who posted the ping map??

I don't know but check post 194---I believe there's an article quoted within that post.
Then let me know what you think.

I've only been able to read this thread sporadically, so apologies if this has been said already, but why would AL leave a Cadillac.SUV and a purse behind and steal a cement truck instead?

There are two funds set up. One is for the grandchildren and the other is for the families expenses, and to quote the person who set up the family account they were far from the "rich Realtor" that AL spoke of.

I wonder if she had any life insurance policies that can help the family also.

I've only been able to read this thread sporadically, so apologies if this has been said already, but why would AL leave a Cadillac.SUV and a purse behind and steal a cement truck instead?

He didn't steal the cement truck until after his accident on that Sunday and being taken to the hospital. He had to have some way of getting away from the hospital and the cement truck was near by. Most all Cadillac's have On Star that can track the car immediately and it had a prestige tag that said BCarter, so it would have been very easy to find.

In a Hollywood movie, the person would commit the crime and someone else would gain financially, then help the person's defense and get him out of jail or drastically reduced sentence and he'd have a pile of money waiting for him upon his release. For a guy who doesn't seem to mind being behind bars and likes $$$, it might be a reasonable incentive.

If it were a movie.

He didn't steal the cement truck until after his accident on that Sunday and being taken to the hospital. He had to have some way of getting away from the hospital and the cement truck was near by. Most all Cadillac's have On Star that can track the car immediately and it had a prestige tag that said BCarter, so it would have been very easy to find.

Ah, good info! Thanks!

Yeah but if she was a "rich broker" like AL gave as his excuse for his horrific actions, then why not steal her purse? Surely that is one item that rarely gets overlooked by a thief.......moo

I don't know but check post 194---I believe there's an article quoted within that post.
Then let me know what you think.
I found it. A facebook post by a friend/co worker said her phone had pinged at baucum rd and then roosevelt rd.
Baucum ROAD is not far from Dortch Loop where carl carters listing is. Baucum DRIVE on the other hand turns ONTO Dortch Loop.

Roosevelt Rd is in Jacksonville. She was found further north again.

AL was charged with robbery. Any chance she was taken to the other property and thats where the robbery comes in. I wondered why the purse was left in the car by a seemingle compulsive thief. Some have wondered why the car wasnt stolen. Im starting to wonder if the other property listed for the husband wasnt the final target for the theft.

Throwing this out there: AL admitted to kidnapping but said he hadnt seen her after.
Kidnapped and taken to other property on Dortch Rd. Perhaps there was another player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl