GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know about this envelope. I had no idea. I wonder if CL knew about it. She never mentioned it. Does anyone remember what type of envelope or why it would be important for LE to take?

Like I have said, I'm here for answers too.
I just remember the reportee saying neighbors saw LE taking or finding an envelope from AL's trash can. Can't remember which news station it was. It would've been I think the day he was arrested. I'll see if I can find the post or video.

I was thinking about this yesterday - to turn the house into a crime scene weeks after AL was arrested is bizarre. Didn't they turn it into a crime scene when AL was arrested? What else do they expect to find now?
http://www.katv.com/story/27168627/...ing-charged-in-connection-with-realtors-death

UPDATE (10/30 6:00 p.m.):

After Lowery was arrested at her Jacksonville home Thursday, investigators turned the home into a crime scene, collecting evidence that they later delivered to the sheriff's office.

Lowery was first interviewed on September 29, the day her husband was arrested. Investigators tell Channel 7 News that it was evidence collected - not anything Lewis said - that led them to arrest and charge Lowery.

When asked what kind of role authorities believe Lowery played in Carter's death, PCSO spokesman Lt. Carl Minden said the fact she was charged with the same capital murder and kidnapping chargers as her husband is evidence that authorities believe both parties to be equally involved.

So from this update Im thinking evidence lead them to CL and AFTER her arrest the home was turned into a crime scene. Thats why I think it could have been evidence from the vacant home that lead them to her. What could be in the vacant home besides fingerprints? If her fingerprints are in the vacant home she will not have a way to explain them away.

True but don't think that is possible. Someone saw her at class during time of the kidnapping.

That's something very easy for the police to find out. I don't think they can arrest her for kidnapping if she had solid proof she was at school.

I would like to know about this envelope. I had no idea. I wonder if CL knew about it. She never mentioned it. Does anyone remember what type of envelope or why it would be important for LE to take?

Like I have said, I'm here for answers too.

I remember it being mentioned as well. I don't remember anything being specific about it, just that an envelope was found in the trash and collected as evidence. Perhaps someone else will know where a link might be.

I was thinking about this yesterday - to turn the house into a crime scene weeks after AL was arrested is bizarre. Didn't they turn it into a crime scene when AL was arrested? What else do they expect to find now?

I know right. I mean so much could have been disposed of, even innocently. Things thrown out and such. How could you charge someone with capital murder and not have done a detailed search of the home?

True but don't think that is possible. Someone saw her at class during time of the kidnapping.

That is why I am hoping she wasn't held at the house for some time. She wouldn't have to be there for the actual taking of her, only for the holding her against her will to be convicted of kidnapping. At least, I think that is right. We discussed that a lot in Abigail Hernandez kidnapping when deciding if kidnapping charges would only happen if someone was taken against their will vs left willingly and held against their will. The second also results in kidnapping charges.

The whole thing about that is not clear to me. I mean the home was not even a home that was listed with BC's agency. You would think if BC was the target that they would have called on one of her specific listings. Very confusing.

I'm a newbie, but have been catching up on the posts about this horrible tragedy. I don't think it would be odd if there was in inquiry about the foreclosed home in Scott, that anyone in the business would refer them to Beverly since she lived so close. The real estate community in Central Arkansas is a close knit group, so interest in that house was probably being sent her way. JMO

I'm a newbie, but have been catching up on the posts about this horrible tragedy. I don't think it would be odd if there was in inquiry about the foreclosed home in Scott, that anyone in the business would refer them to Beverly since she lived so close. The real estate community in Central Arkansas is a close knit group, so interest in that house was probably being sent her way. JMO

Even though it was listed with another agency? I am not a realtor or do I know any that well, so I am not sure how that works. I know I have always had a buyers agent, when I bought homes and she could show me any home I asked to see, but we have a business relationship and I first met her through a listing of hers. Too me it was just odd that BC did't know the person and she was ask to show a home that was not only not her listing, but was not her firm's either.

I know right. I mean so much could have been disposed of, even innocently. Things thrown out and such. How could you charge someone with capital murder and not have done a detailed search of the home?

It appears that CL was selling everything in the house on swap sites. I understand she was needing money, but it might have been a red flag for LE. There is a site on FB called "Furniture and Big Stuff Only" and there are tons of listings from CL. People were trying to contact her to buy things even after her arrest last week.

Might be a semantics problem here -wherein a non-Realtor used the term "referral" when BC may have just been doing a showing for a co-worker who wasn't available. I'm a Realtor in a large urban area, different perhaps, but we often have agent friends fill in for last minute needs in a pinch, as a favor, not intending to split the client. I'm not sure where the referral term originated in this story however...if it was from BCs husband --or her office, in which case I'd be inclined to think it was an actual referred client.

It was Beverly's son or husband that commented it was a referral. I will see if I can find the early link to that. It is getting late..
I worked for a large company that begins with R,...in a large western city.
IMO it would be rare for an agent to refer business to another agent within the same office, rather than just re-arrange an appointment to another day/time and run with that business herself/himself.
Someone of Beverly's stature would be more likely to be the one giving business to other less successful agents than filling in for another agent. But I don't claim to know how real estate is practiced in Arkansas.
IMO, it would be more likely a past client, acquaintance or 'bird dog' would have called Beverly and said "Our friends are interested in that house, and I passed your name along to them." "They'll be calling you to arrange to see it...or "here is their number"...
I think it could be an important piece of this puzzel.

Even though it was listed with another agency? I am not a realtor or do I know any that well, so I am not sure how that works. I know I have always had a buyers agent, when I bought homes and she could show me any home I asked to see, but we have a business relationship and I first met her through a listing of hers. Too me it was just odd that BC did't know the person and she was ask to show a home that was not only not her listing, but was not her firm's either.

In most places it's called MLS. Multiple Listing Service, or Co-operative Listing Service. Any agent can show any other company's listing if you belong.

That's something very easy for the police to find out. I don't think they can arrest her for kidnapping if she had solid proof she was at school.

I'm wondering how easy it would be to find out, unless there was an exam on that particular day. I attended college last year and attendance was rarely, if ever, taken. A lot of work is done online, and unless there is a controlled in class test or exam, it would be hard to know if a student was present.

My husband and I bought our home three years ago in the area BC was found. Our realtor was merely someone we chose as we had seen a lot of her signs and the listings she showed us were ones we chose, not her personal listings. I am not familiar with how this process typically works, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

Also, I'm late commenting on this, but I know of someone who was in nursing school in Little Rock who recently graduated with a pending felony charge for drugs on him (verifiable by public information). So there's that...

I know CL did not know her. I do not know if AL knew her or not.

I saw the rumors about BC granddaughter cheering with CL daughter. To my knowledge this is a rumor. If it's not a rumor then CL did not know this because I asked her about it.

No a rumor .... my daughter goes to the same gym. Also before IG and FB accounts were taken down there are pics to prove that both girls were at the cheer gym. Truth.

No a rumor .... my daughter goes to the same gym. Also before IG and FB accounts were taken down there are pics to prove that both girls were at the cheer gym. Truth.

Did they go to the same gym at the same time?

I believe what nojusticenusa meant is that they didn't know each other. She said that they went to the same gym but CL's daughter is about 4 years older than BC grandchild.

What if the person was not physically involved in the kidnapping but was part of the planning or the coverup?

I have a very difficult time believing that CL was not aware of AL's past history. Being a mother and having "others" in the same household, I would definitely, 100% positively want AND need to know someone's past history - criminal, social, past relationships, etc., before I would risk having him in my household, let alone marry him. His social media shows a lot about him and it was open to anyone for the viewing...Just saying...

ETA: I too believe there is a lot more to this story than we are aware of and I believe there are many pieces to the puzzle missing and they are missing obviously for reasons. Hopefully, all the pieces will eventually fall into place and then a lot of our questions will be answered, and IMO we will see that others DID play a major role in what took place before, during and after Beverly's life was taken. It is all so so sad. Hopefully, those that DO know will start telling the truth so that justice will prevail, rather than trying to cover up what really did take place. JMO.

In the back of my mind, I keep going back to AL's early statement after his arrest in which he said (1) because she was a rich realtor and (2) that it was an accident.

Realizing that he is an accomplished liar, but also of the belief that sometimes there is a shred of truth embedded in lies, I keep thinking back to motive. I keep coming back to a kidnapping with intent to ransom. In my mind, I wonder if he had taped her mouth and restrained her at the house, which would explain the door left open, due to his haste and not having free hands to close it. At some point he may have put her in the trunk, and that she "accidentally" suffocated. That might explain the "accident" part of his claim.

All of this is just thinking aloud at this late hour. For some reason I think CL may have been behind the text messages sent later that night. This is all just supposition on my part but the "kidnapping for ransom gone wrong" theory seems to be the only motive that makes sense of any of this senseless act.

Not knowing cause of death means that this could all be totally wrong.

I have a very difficult time believing that CL was not aware of AL's past history. Being a mother and having "others" in the same household, I would definitely, 100% positively want AND need to know someone's past history - criminal, social, past relationships, etc., before I would risk having him in my household, let alone marry him. His social media shows a lot about him and it was open to anyone for the viewing...Just saying...

I understand what you are saying and for myself, I would agree. But this is a woman with a history of bad relationships and someone that apparently needed/wanted financial support. He came along with an offer to support her. Some people when faced with a situation that sounds to good to be true, do not want to look any further. However, at some point after the marriage she knew what he was like as proven by her posts to the woman he was hooked with while they were married. She told her he was a cheater, liar and had a criminal past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ademith83